Food, Family and Friendship! [Looking for 1-2 more]

Hi guys!

I've been on the forum for a couple days now and haven't really had an opportunity to join any threads yet, and I don't really have a plot in mind for anything big, so...

I thought I'd start off with meeting people (and the ponies they play) and making friends through slice-of-life RP!

The invitation is open to anypony who could reasonably find themselves looking for fun in Ponyville, so... yeah, pretty much anypony!

Premise:

Hawthorn gets his hooves on some choice ingredients (which, given the location, is probably mostly apples) and with the help of his siblings is able to whip up a feast of mouth-watering treats that are sure to get ponies galloping in from all over town! Depending on who joins, we could specify a location (otherwise he'd just host it outside his house) or even make it a potluck instead!

That's all that's set in stone, but I'm open to other ideas if we wanted to maybe introduce conflict of some sort (just off the top of my head, maybe there's a bad apple in the batch or one of Hawthorn's younger siblings accidentally puts something in the food that gets somepony sick?). The main point, though, is just to have fun and make friends so we can already know each other for future threads.

• Like 3

Certainly, Szalhi! Just need to know what character you'd be using if you do decide to join. 

Lamp definitely seems like a good fit for this! We could probably have it be Hawthorn catering food for the inn instead if you like. 

I might just start the thing later tonight as an open thread and let whoever will join join. On a forum I used to be a part of that was a bad idea because there were a lot of people and tons of them didn't even read the rules or submit their characters before trying to post, but this place seems much better managed and much, erm, quieter on that front.

I'm happy to jump in when you start the thread.

If you leave it open you probably won't get that many if any people that just join in. However, you can always write (invite: see OOC) and give a link to this thread at the beginning of your post. That way you can accept people who wish to join in before they post. Can be good to link the OOC thread anyway just to work out any OOC stuff outside of the IC thread :) 

Aight Foxxy, I took your suggestion on how to label the thread. And honestly, if it does end up just being the three of us I can maybe add some variety by having some of Hawthorn's family get more involved? Though I don't know how much I want to use them without officially submitting them as OCs. Keeping them pretty generic for now just so they can be easily retconned if I write them more thoroughly later or give them to someone else to write.

Anyway, the point is I started the thread and any of y'all can jump in when you like. I assume it's obvious enough but just in case I should point out that the inn Hawthorn ends up at in the end of my establishing post IS in fact the Honest Hearth. :D

Oh, and I changed the title to reflect the altered plot.

• Like 2

Ah, yes, feel free to drop in any time! I know I framed the beginning as just Hawthorn and Lamp meeting each other, but that was mostly because I had to establish the setting and didn't know what character you'd be playing.

Lamp is friends with Spike. So if you're ok with it Flooberiod, Lamp will invite Spike to join in and he will most likely bring a friend.

Szalhi, what do you think about maybe bringing your Sandbar into this? Practicing friendship with locals in Ponyville perhaps? Spike could invite your Sandbar. Just a thought :D 

• Like 1

Oof, sorry I didn't get back to this sooner. Worked nine hour shifts nine days in a row while dealing with final exams... @_@  

Probably should have mentioned I'd be busy, though. Just never got around to posting and preferred to spend what free time I had either catching up on sleep or on Fire Emblem. xP

You're a teacher?

...Somehow that doesn't surprise me, dunno why.

In any case, I feel like there was a sliiiight missed opportunity to hit Spike with the door, but oh well lol. 

I was going to keep her part in this to a minimum but I keep wanting to have Rosemary interact with other characters, and it wouldn't be a necessarily bad idea for me to have a filly character, so... I'm gonna write her an application tonight.

Hello. I was recommended to come here by Rainbow :)I would be interested in joining. I could throw my Oc Dream Wanderer into the party. Of course i would be up to using anyone of my Oc's, which ever you might be interested in

Dream Wanderer's app

• Like 2