Windwright

The Royal Equestrian Guards' Ball [signups in OOC]

“Probably hidden away till the fancy ponies are gone. It’ll be more fun without them, anyways.” Aegis winked, catching something from Reckless about the alcohol. He sipped his own cider, giving a satisfied sigh. Even without alcohol, cider usually tasted good. 

“Mmm, same. Confident mares are better.” He winked back at her, following her gaze to the musicians. “Bit more beat, huh? I feel you there. I can appreciate these guys are skilled, but it’s not my style. And of course I have. Or sung for it, at any rate. We mostly do rock, metal, stuff like that, but we can move into other genres if we find something good. Maybe some jazz, looking at what we got to work with here.” He nudged her back, looking over at her again. Things seemed to be going well so far, that was good. 

• Like 3

Gy9Z4Bb.jpg

Flash's reminder about her costume from that nightmare was quite the blast from the past. She hadn't thought about that in so long, "I liked it too... but getting all that blue dye out of my coat was such a pain. It was worth it in the end, though." 

Soon, Presteza found herself the center of a few questions. Flash was right, The empress did travel with a sometimes ridiculous amount of security detail even in places that had no reason to harm her. It surprised this unicorn how close she'd managed to get and not be removed by some member of the watch.  It seemed that Suall was rather concerned about this as well. "Well..." She began with a bit a blush, "It's more like she popped in on me."  The painter idly itched her nose as she remembered the garden in which she'd first met Yu along with her procession. 

"I was doing some sketches in the gardens -I know it was a bad idea- and got very focused on the task... and the next moment I looked up I saw The Empress and her procession. I asked a couple nosy questions and... eventually the empress asked one back. I'd been asking if she'd like me to paint her or one of her servants and  eventually she said yes!" With a smile she thought back to the night, "We talked for a while, got to share stories... and by the end of the night. She offered me the chance to work in the palace."  She figured she'd give the broad strokes of the night. Yu had told Presteza many things and confided in her often... and she wasn't about to overshare sensitive feelings of such a good friend, especially in such an important position!

Fire's remark immediately brought another blush to the painter's face. Fire did have a bevvy of stories from their fillyhood they could share. Stories of sneaking out to go to shows, times when pressy brought her along to all the fun spots in town. Stories where the unicorn's magical malady caused them a bit of trouble that they'd have to deal with. That pretzel stand would never be the same...

Swift's next question about where the next trip would take her did make Presteza think. Where would she go now? there were a few places she'd had in mind. "Actually..." The mare took a quick sip of her water, " ... I'd been thinking about going on another trip to Whitescar for awhile but  I've heard  it can be a bit fierce this time of year. While I'm sure Flash here would be the best bodyguard I could ask for, I wouldn't wanna steal him from his duties for one of my whims."  smiled at flash and gently brushed up against him, "I'd heard that there are Wolves over there that live in moving snowstorms and are three times the size of those Arctic Worgs that lurk in the northern equestria's snowy landscapes. Thankfully the roads are safe because of those warrior guards that keep the trade routes safe: The Vakstyra."

Edited by Pretzelparty
  • Like 5

TwYoz9I.png

“Huh,” Flash commented as Pretezas wrapped up her story about Empress... Yu, or so her name apparently was. “You’d think Yu’s handlers would have tried harder to chase you off. But I guess not even an Empress is immune to Pres’s charms, heh heh.” The stallion gave his date a playful wink.

As if on cue, Flash Sentry himself blushed in the face of the painter pony’s charm when she played up his skill as a protector. Personally, Flash knew better than to believe he could take on a party of Viking Caribou... even one alone would pose a highly challenging threat! Nonetheless, the Corporal had the good sense of projecting outer confidence by giving his companion a return nuzzle.

“Oh yes,” remarked the pegasus; “They’re the caribou clan that paint themselves blue. We’ve been seeing more of those guys around Canterlot recently, especially going in and out of the Clan Askr Ambassador’s residence. Wonder what’s up with that? So Pres, did you manage to make any caribou friends on your last voyage to Whitescar?”

• Like 4