The Royal Equestrian Guards' Ball [signups in OOC]

Windwright

image.jpegimage.png

Rainbow waited on baited breath. She waited with her whole world in front of her. She waited with all her attempts and fighting and trying behind her. She waited with her dreams of grandeur being that of a family and a life of love where once trophies and applause had once stood. She waited with her fervent desire to be the best she could be turned to being the best she could be for those she loved. 

Rainbow watched her mare. She watched everything that was right in the world. She watched stability and a heart full of nurturing. She watched what she hadn't had ever on her own, grounded good logic and honesty that came from the earth and connection with it. She watched that orange and golden mare that had taken her heart and wrapped it in folds of healing where it had once been raw and wounded. 

The world seemed frozen in time, her thoughts entirely on what Applejack was thinking. What she would do. Then the word she'd been longing for was spoken.

"Yes!"

Rainbow fell into the embrace and kiss with all her heart and soul. She kissed back deeply and with all the love her heart could hold. This moment was meant to be. Aligned through all the rough times that had brought them together. She felt balanced and whole with Applejack in her life and now that would be sealed for all to see! Once the kiss ended Rainbow unfurled her wings and grinned hugely. 

"Awesome!"

• Hearthoof 1

zXVZdW8.png

Not much else needs to be said about the Love Princess’s reaction, really. Witnessing romantic scenes like Rainbow’s proposal to Applejack were among the many heartwarming moments that Cadence lived for. Frankly, those two mares had waited long enough to get engaged! Cadence for her part got so excited and full of joy that her horn magically burst on its own accord a shockwave of pink hearts that blanketed the entire ballroom! Love was ABSOLUTELY in bloom, tonight!!!

• Like 1
  • Hearthoof 2

Standing next to his wife, Shining Armor got a good vicarious sense of all her emotions.  He'd been with Cady long enough to know her romantic nature; things like this were the exact right touch to add to any date they went on together; both having love for each other, but also being the cause of love in others.  Plus, the hearts that showered down around her were strawberry-flavored!

"Mmm!"  Shining smiled as he snapped one of the hearts out of the air and he felt it melt in his mouth.  "Gotta thank Thorax for showing us how to do this, huh?  It's hard to blame the changelings, love really is the best..."

• Like 1
  • Hearthoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it seems that Cadence didn't like his song. Which in Squall book meant - 'Mission Accomplished'. You would think that as a mare that was around his age AND the one who ruled place whose main shtick was being 'Blast from The Past' would make her more appreciative for classics....

Regardless noblepony paid her back for cold rejection of his help, by irritating her - so the score was now settled. Childish? Perhaps. But as Discord thought him - you have to satisfy you inner child once in the while.

Squall however was not ready to leave the stage when the first song concluded, but when Candace asked for attention, he kept silence just like everypony else. He just stood there with amused smile. While Princess behavior annoyed him earlier, Swift agreed with her on this one - sometimes the 'Hoof of Love' has to be nudged.

It was only when Rainbow was halfway through her little speech that he started to play again. Squall knew that he had to give it all this time. After all those two deserved it!

And he was sure that even Mi Amore would approve his choice of song.....

"♪I could stay awake just to hear you breathin'

Watch you smile while you are sleeping

While you're far away and dreaming

I could spend my life in this sweet surrender

I could stay lost in this moment forever.....♪"

Squall immediately knew that those two wouldn't miss a thing. Just like his love, he too grinned like an idiot, while thinking - 'Tartarus, it's about time!' - when Applejack with resounding YES. He too felt inspired by the scene, every word sung clearly and strongly, and every note hit just right. Squall made an understanding exchange of looks with Fire. They didn't had to speak to agree that they absolutely, positively MUST attend the wedding ceremony of those two mares.

"♪ Don't wanna close my eyes

I don't wanna fall asleep

And I don't wanna miss a thing! ♪"

Squall stopped and reached for a tissue to wipe the sweat from his temple, just as the final note of the instruments died off.

"Well...Cheers to you two!" Squall said off mic, while making toast to the newly engaged with the juice that he (somehow) smuggled onto the stage. Playing all those instruments when singing at the same time was quite taxing! But unicorn felt that he had at least one more love song in him....if others wouldn't veto it that is....

• Like 2