47th Annual Cider Season (Open to all)

Hippo

AZZCEe0.png

A long night of the two students bonding resulted in sleeping in too long and losing their spot in line for cider. Silverstream was laying awkwardly inside her tent in seapony form. There was no rhyme or reason to the way her blankets or pillows inside the tent were oriented, and her tail fin sprawled across her sleeping bag diagonally. Silverstream flopped up as Gallus ripped himself into her tent opening to alert her to wake. She was immediately embarrassed that she was in seapony form, a common habit she fell into when sleeping. Sometimes she would either be dreaming about transforming her body or she would inadvertently take hold of the pearl shard, causing her to transform in the middle of the night. To avoid this, she would often take off the shard necklace before sleeping, but her normal nightly routine was absent on account of the camp out in front of Sweet Apple Acres.

"Ah! Oh." Silverstream screamed unintelligibly at Gallus, and then quickly changed back into a hippogriff, resulting in her laying on her back in a very uncomfortable way. Transforming was never all that embarrassing, but in this circumstance it made Silverstream cover herself as if Gallus had just seen her dressing. "OK, I'm up, I'll be out in a second."

Silverstream flew out of her tent and stood next to Gallus to get a better look at the commotion. "How did we sleep in? We must have stayed up too late roasting marshmallows and talking." Silverstream had regret in her voice, and her facial expression was one of disappointment. But in truth, nothing about the previous night was anything she would ever want to take back.

• Like 5

From the side of the Everfree, a figure of stallion approached. His appearance was.....quite mismatched on this almost idyllic scenery.

For Squall it was a great relief after camping in the unpredictable forest for so many days. His mane was disheveled, he didn't shaved for so long that he grew full blown beard, and he really, really could use a shower, Mostly to wash off all those creatures fluids. His equipment, stains on both his two swords and metal and leather armor, and the filled brown sack hanging from his flank suggested that his task in the ancient woods was rather...grim.

"Finally, something else then more then grass and roots." he mused in relief in that warm voice of his upon catching Sweet Apple Arces over-hill. Good thing too. The problem he embarked to solve in Everfree was the one that made all agriculturalists in Ponyville loose their sleep. And since he was very fond of Miss Applejack, Squall concluded that she deserved to hear the news first.

"Fortune, fortune for something to drink." noblepony said, as he entered orchards grounds. "....In the meantime, could use some cleaning cloth and oil..."

• Like 3

Tfu6unN.png

Back on the treadmill once again. Taira took to the task with gusto, eager to continue his work for the apples. The other day had been one of the most fun. He'd met some of a friend's friends and even met a skilled artist that not-so-casually tried to get his likeness on paper. Never one to turn down the creatively inclined Taira assumed a pose that he thought might look regal for the shiny yellow mare. He did end up having to take care of other things before the finished result could be shone however, so he hoped that he could run into her once again!

The moment she emerged from her tent, Taira's nose told him he definitely would! He recognized the smell of graphite and paper from the mare and even as he dashed on the treadmill he poked his head out a moment and gave the mare a quick "Hello!" before returning to his run!

IT seemed that the tudents of the friendship school had come back too, the two feathery ones would surely be a fun pair to watch as the day unfolded.

• Like 2

RECKLESS0zpCEWg.jpg

Art by the awesome: GoldenDaze!

She's had oh so much fun yesterday that Reckless had decided one more night would totally be worth her time to get a mug of the good stuff. Perhaps she'd find another stallion or mare to meet like she had the lovely Bella yesterday.

"Yeah..." She stretched as she exited her tent and zipped it up. "She was so into me," The pegabat laughed dryly to herself and made her way through the tents and towards the scene of chaos building before her. 

So many ponies and creatures had been drawn by the siren's cider call! Reck was impressed! It had to be worth it, it just had to be! She trotted into the line and yawned before glancing around. 

"Another day another cider huh?" Another dry laugh as she spoke to nopony in particular...

• Like 6

epRvlJZ.png?1

Another day of cider, meant another day of waking up early in the morning. Though Bell already got cider, she felt it was a little weird to just leave right after she already got a taste of the sweet drink. The day before seemed way too stressful for her though, after that one.. mare came out of the blue and was.. doing whatever she was doing for the pure fun of it. Bell was a lady- she shouldn't ever be treated like some toy! 

Her routine was the same as before, but instead of being in line, she placed her large tent to the side so others could get a turn. She brushed her mane, used her magic to unzip the tent, and trotted out into the bright sunlight. A yawn escaped her perfect lips as she stretched her back legs, staring off at the large line beside her. "Good morning.." she drabbled on to no pony in particular, gently rubbing her eyes. 

When she was more awake, she looked ahead of her. Not only to see the pegabat she ran into yesterday, but another bat. A full bat. A bat she recognized all too well. The jockish mare stood confidently in the line, talking to whoever was behind her. Bell wanted to jump into a bush and hide, but that would be.. too dramatic for her taste. It was too late now, as the bat's purple eyes connected with the unicorns blue ones.

3goki5.gif

"Oh- hey! Long time, no see, Bell!"

Here we go..

The tall unicorn gave out a simple smile. "Oh- hello- there- Nebulous," she said back, realizing that maybe coming here wasn't a good idea after all. 

The bat pony trotted over to Bell, to Bell's dismay, and playfully punched her in the shoulder. The pink unicorn revolted back, scrunching her nose. "C'mon, man. I know you missed me! It's been too long. Thought I'd never see you again." 

"Maybe that's for the better." Bell looked up, pouting. She had to be nice- "What have you been up to, hm?" 

"Just a little this, a little of that-" the bat went on, smiling at the mare. "What have you been up to?" 

"Just- lots of gigs, I guess."

"Oh yeah! I forgot how busy you get." Neb trailed off, looking around and spotting somepony who looked rather intriguing. "Well, it was nice seeing you again. Hopefully we can meet up sometime. Be close like old times-" She was cut off by somepony else familiar walking over to them. Bell groaned. Loudly. 

• Like 5

RECKLESS0zpCEWg.jpg

It didn't take long for Reckless to notice the unicorn. There was another pony talking to her and she looked as revolted as she had at their meeting the day before. Reck had to laugh as she trotted up to the pair, all confidence and sly sweetness.

"Couldn't get enough huh?" She raised an eyebrow at Bella and treated her to a sultry half smile that made most mares melt. "Don't worry hun, there's plenty of cider to go around." The innuendo wasn't at all muted as she took another step towards the pair.

It was then that her attention went for a moment from the unicorn to the bat pony. Geez, she'd come here for cider but it seemed  the delicious beverage brought around some rather intriguing mares. She offered a coy smile to the aerion and nodded to Bella. "Likes to play hard to get this one." She took a step closer. "Don't think we've met babe. I'm Reckless." A quick wink before she looked over her shoulder at the cider line. 

"We better get in line before we miss out,"  She took a few steps towards the cider line. "Wouldn't want that now would we?" 

• Like 4

Day 2 of Cider Season dawned upon a familiar enough scene.  The crowd surrounding the Apple Family's booth was similarly sized, with ponies new and returning all eager for the taste of that delicious golden nectar.  In fact, quite a few familiar faces were to be seen, from the farmhands once again walking the wooden mills powering the cider press, to the Canterlotian Prince emerging from his tent-

Or rather, Princess emerging from her tent.

Bluebelle Banner.png

The circumstances surrounding the emergence of Princess Bluebelle were a long story, involving an illness, Princess Twilight Sparkle botching a healing spell, and the unexpected effects of hot beverages.  The end result of which was that Prince Blueblood was afflicted with a curse that swapped the erstwhile royal between mare and stallion forms whenever they drank tea or coffee, respectively.  While quite disturbing to his sense of sanity and self at first, Blue had eventually come to peace with their condition, even coming to embrace Bluebelle as a true and integral part of her identity.  It didn't hurt that the Princess was every bit as beautiful as the Prince was handsome!

She'd decided to take a cup of morning tea, and thus this form, just as a little extra insurance.  Applebloom hadn't let her have a second mug on Day 1, just because Blueblood and Bluebelle counted as the same customer.  And while repeat customers were allowed on the subsequent days... well, this would make it seem a little more fair.  And if anypony objected, she was sure that her feminine charms could pour some oil over the troubled waters.

That said, the Archancellor would never dream of cutting in front of her students, especially as poor Gallus hardly had a chance to take in any of the Golden Nectar yesterday.  How could she look him in the eyes later and talk of generosity if she got a mug today and he went thirsty again?  No, best let him go ahead of her in line.  Hanging back also had it's advantages, as it brought her closer to a most charming group of mares.

"Bellissima, darling!"  She called out to her fellow unicorn, voice ringing like golden bells in the early morning.  "So lovely to see you again.  And my, what exciting friends you seem to have with you!"  She gave a most charming and disarming smile to both Nebula and Reckless.  She always had a soft spot for the winged types, whether they be leather or feather!

• Like 5

REvxA6F.png

The beautiful crystal pony didn't have the time to really respond as the entire line surged around her. Drats! That was a nice looking pony right there! Apple Bloom moved on though. She didn't have as much cider to give out this year and she didn't really think about it more than that. She had to make sure she did right by as many ponies as possible as quickly as possible. And with that on her mind she went right back into the raging maelstrom of her work.

Apple Bloom moved like a mare on fire, taking bits and pumping cider as fast as she could. Two bits, mug. Two bits mug. Two bits mug.
“Y'all have a nice one!”
Two bits, mug.
“Hehe, only mah sister knows that secret!”
Two bits, mug. Two bits, mug.
“Oh, we'll have more days after this for sure”
Two bits, mug. Two bits, mug. There was a certain anxiety as barrels vanished but she didn't let it show.
“Ah reckon yer gonna remember this mug for a long time!”
“Say hi ta 'er for me. Return mah letters, dangit!”
“What a charm-”

Two bits, mug. Two bits, mug.

Eventually her eyes settled on...was there a bat pony, one of those aerions or what have you? This one had pink mane and pink wings and as just adorable! There weren't many bat ponies around and for the life of her Apple Bloom never understood why. as there too much light? Did bat ponies care about light? Did they just like cities because of the hustle and bustle? There were a thousand things Apple Bloom didn't know about the how or why of Equestria and she was interested in the answers to all of them. She didn't think she'd be getting the answers today though. The only thing anycreature was getting was a much of cider from Apple Bloom in exchange for two bits, which Apple Bloom collected from Reckless as she poured a cup and sent it over. "Ah ain't seen you 'round here before. Where'd you come from, if you don't me askin'?" He inquired, her mind unable to filter the question out.

81KtqmA.png

Gallus poked his head out quickly, allowing Silverstream to get decent for everycreature else. Not that she needed to on his account, what he saw had been decent enough for him. Though if he were honest? He did like her hippogriff form better. Swimming was not like flying and flying was best. In due time she was out, though they were stuck far back. "Yeah, I guess we were just too tuckered out. My bad, I should have set a better alarm," he said as he looked around. "Wait. Why are two Princesses here?"

• Like 6

HrG1VN2.png?1epRvlJZ.png?1

Bell's heart was racing now, not because she was nervous, but because she was about to blow a fuse. If the air was chilly from the early morning sun, she was about to make it a million times hotter. Not because she's hot (to the bat ponies she is), but because she was mad. It was getting to the point where the poor mare just wanted some peace a quiet to herself in her own tent. She didn't have a reason to be there, she really didn't.

When her annoying little companion from yesterday showed up, the unicorn wanted to cry. And when Reck started talking to her, she wanted to bawl. "Oh trust me, dear- I g-got enough yesterday." There was a little undertone of growl in her voice, but not enough for everypony to notice. The mare was stuck in place, staring off into the sun, just so her eyeballs could burn. She wouldn't have to see the two beside her that way. 

Neb just stood there with a wide smile, as she fully checked out the new pony next to her. She looked a little familiar, sure. Most ponies like them looked kind of the same though. Neb's fangs showed just enough in her smirk, as she made direct eye contact. "Hard to get? That thought never crossed my mind." She just looked at Bell with an sarcastic look, making the unicorn roll her eyes obnoxiously. "Don't think we've met either. The easy going ones call me Neb, the hard to get ones-" she nudged Bell, "Call me Nebulous. Sometimes Moon." 

Neb licked her lips when she saw the wink, nothing provocative at all, just to show her little interest. "Yeah, I'll go back in line with 'ya. I feel like I would miss out, anyhow." She sent a wink herself, then turned to Bell. Neb noticed a tall mare walking towards them, and the look on her face just showed a big smile.

Bell felt vomit rising up her throat, and quickly turned away from the two bats. A sense of relief pawned over her, as her glorious form wasn't dead yet. She wasn't dead. She wasn't dead.. Then the singer heard a familiar voice, but it was rather more.. feminine? The pretty mare turned to look at a white Princess, an obvious royal. "Why, hello, my dear!" Bell smiled greatly at the princess, feeling more safe. She couldn't help but remember about the poor mishap with Bluebelle. She, of course, wouldn't judge such a thing with a royal. Not at all. "So- very nice to see your wonderful face again. You do look utterly amazing." 

She turned to the other two bat ponies, which made her feel very self conscious. "Oh- yes- my frie-nds! They're very lovely." Time to pull the fake act. She was good at lying, like really good, but she hated using the term 'friends'. It made her want to barf. Neb just stood there smiling. "Princess Bluebelle! Never expected such a beautiful mare to be here-" The bat pony playfully bowed, then pointed her head towards the line. "Though it was such a treat laying my eyes on such a gorgeous specimen like you, I better get some cider." She then abruptly trotted off to Reck.

Bell face hoofed herself, blushing immensely. "I'm so sorry Princess-"

• Like 6

RECKLESS0zpCEWg.jpg

Reck found herself taken by Neb as soon as she introduced herself. She seemed a really fun type and she was very nice to look at! She'd have to play her cards a little different with this one, knowing there could be something there. "Neb huh? Cool. Call me Reckless babe." She was returned a wink. Yep, she'd have to spend some more time with this one!

Wow! Ok, there was definitely something in this cider. Yet another mare appeared on the scene. This one tall, and lean, and beautiful! Not quite Reckless' type but very attractive none the less! She returned the smile from the svelte Princess from where she stood in line. She nudged the pony in front of her and after asking them to hold her place she trotted over.

"Hello there." She purred to the Princess, a smile that just barely showed the tips of her fangs gracing her muzzle. 

The pegabat glanced at Bella. The unicorn totally looked like she was about to throw up! "No reason to be so nervous around me babe," She winked. "You'll be fine after a mug of cider." A small laugh escaped her as she continued playing with the unicorn. She was sure Bella would come around eventually. Nopony was immune to the charms of the sly and sweet pegabat!

She turned back to the Princess before heading back to the line. "You should join us in line!" Nopony else had shown up yet so it was easy enough for the Princess and Bella to join. 

Before long they were near the front and a little filly was taking her bits and asking her where she was from. The filly was so charming Reck found herself answering while sliding down to make room for the others to get their drinks. "I'm from Canterlot now! Just joined the guard a few weeks ago!" She fished in her saddle bag and brought out two more bits. These she tossed to the filly. "For the bat behind me." She winked and smiled at the filly, waiting to take a sip until Neb was with her. 

• Like 5

Magnus sighed to himself as once again the line devolved into chaos around him. What was the point of getting here early if the line didn’t even matter in the end? 

The unicorn was, understandably, annoyed by the previous day’s events and what looked to be a repeat today. This time though, he simply remained in the back of the line to wait for an opening. Or at least he appeared to. In truth, that was an illusion while the real one snuck through the trees around the mob. Once he made it to the booth, he dropped the shroud and emerged from the crowd, his illusion disappearing at the same time. Looking at the filly manning the stand, he put two bits on the counter and stared her down until he got his turn. 

• Like 3

ie11NUk.png

Applejack looked at the rate of cider serving and realized she had to think quick before too many fuses would begin to burn. There would be out of cider soon, and much sooner than yesterday. She regretted not putting more effort in trying to fix one of the treadmills. She ran to the barn and came back to the cider stand with a cart of apples and a half dozen apple pies. "Apple Bloom," She whispered behind her sister. "When you run out, just give out these pies and apples as free samples." She hoped that this would be enough to keep the crowd tame, but she was realistic with the idea that many would be disgruntled for having to wait another day with nothing to taste for it.

She then ran back to the barn, grabbed a small toolbox, and took it to the treadmill that broke the night before. She began tinkering with the treadmill parts and attempted to ascertain why it broke and if a new wooden part would need to be fabricated in order to get it working efficiently again.

AZZCEe0.png

"I think so." Silverstream noticed the Princesses, too. One was Princess Luna, of course. The other looked like she was related to the Archancellor possibly. "I've never had a chance to meet any of the princess before. Except for Headmare Twilight. Should we go over an introduce ourselves while we wait in line?" Without getting a response from Gallus, Silverstream zipped her way to Princess Luna, who had been trying to get noticed by the Apple ponies who were too busy pretending they had plenty of apple cider. "Princess Luna! I'm Silverstream! Queen Novo has told me so much about you, but I've never had the privilege to meet you. What are you doing so far from Canterlot today?"

Current fresh cider supply: 0%

((The day will reset in 14 days, on December 1st 12:00am UTC))

• Like 3

It is a lot easier to pass off a fake emotion as real when the genuine article is not available for comparison.  And, unfortunately for Bellissima, Bluebelle's true delight in the company of the headstrong and flirty mares of thestral ancestry.  "Hello yourself~" She practically purred back at Reckless, fluttering her eyelashes in just that coquettish, Canterlotian way that unicorn mares everywhere sought to emulate.  As much as her character had undoubtedly improved over the past several years, the streak of vanity within her ran deep, and was always ready to be stroked, along with her ego generally, whenever anypony paid tribute to the great efforts she put into gaining and maintaining her looks.

"Oh, naturally."  She gave a smile and nod to Bellissima and Nebulous alike.  "I should hardly dream of appearing in public without being worth looking at, after all.  I view it as one of my many public services to the commonfolk of Equestria.  What is royalty without duty, after all?"  She gave laugh at that, a rather less haughty laugh than one would expect from the words themselves.  She really did believe it, to a certain extent; they who had the luxury to look as beautiful as she did also had an obligation to.  The dirt and sweat of honest work was a sufficient adornment for some, and indeed looked mighty fine on certain ponies, as the Apple Mares hoofing out cider would put it.  But such was not something Bluebelle could reasonably avail herself as, leaving no excuse but to rise early in pursuit of ablutions.

As delightful as she found the winged pair, she declined to follow them to the cider booth.  "Oh, I had some yesterday, and I wouldn't dream of cutting in line in front of those who hadn't had any yet.  What sort of example would that set?  I have students present here today, after all!  But best to you both, I hope to see you again sometime."  And giving a little wave goodbye, she turned back to Bellissima.

"No need to apologize at all.  Believe me, I've had much worse company than that.  To be perfectly honest, I've been worse company than that.  Persnickety, self-centered, and deliberately difficult to please.  Having that sort of attitude oneself tends to bring out the worst in other ponies, and generally leads to an overall miserable time.  Took a bit of a shock and a public humiliation to get me out of that rut."  She spoke this all in a gentle, sympathetic voice, all the while searching for a sign of reaction in the other unicorn's face.  While it was partly true that Blue's appointment to head Twilight's school of friendship in her absence was politically motivated, it was also true that the Princess had undergone her own, long journey in learning the value of Friendship, and was socially equipped to pass on those insights.  From what she could see, Bellissima was a mare who could probably use a remedial class or two.

Any further educational efforts, however, were interrupted as the Princess noted a growing commotion at the front of the crowd.  Oh dear, were they out already?  They seemed to have much more yesterday.  A quick scan behind the booth revealed the problem; her friend Taira only had one treadmill to work with, while the orange apple mare was desperately trying to repair the other.  Oh dear, this would not do at all, especially not with Gallus and Silverstream not having any mugs yet!

"Oh, Bellissima, I spy an opportunity for us to be heroines of the hour!  A crisis has developed which unicorn magic can help solve, we can't waste this!"  And if the appeal to her vanity didn't work, a foreleg placed gently around her shoulder to 'escort' the mare around towards the back probably would.  Unless, of course, she wanted to make a scene by extricating herself.

"Yoo-hoo, Applejack!"  The Princess called out to the earth pony mare.  "I believe that a little magic can hold that together for the day while you look for a replacement part.  Wouldn't want for Sweet Apple Acres to send customers away disappointed!"

• Like 5

epRvlJZ.png?1 rUBw3po.png?2

Bella rolled her eyes at the pegabat's flirting once again. She didn't even want to answer at this point, but just kept her pretty mouth shut and let the flirty mare have her moment. Nebulous gave her a cheeky smile in return, which Bell found a little charming. Just a little, though. Their past never left a bad taste in Bell's mouth, just a spicy one. She always thought of their old relationship like a big red pepper: vibrant in color, but spice when you take a bite.

Anyways, the unicorn kept her glance at the newly arrived Princess, who seemed to quite enjoy the little flirting. She awkwardly laughed, digging a small hole in the dirt with her hoof. She was still uncomfortable, but she had to deal with it. She couldn't make it up in the ranks if she couldn't even handle a couple of flirts. She had to get use to the large amount of amorous attention. Soon enough though, the troubles would end, as Reck offered to take the two unicorns in line with them. Thankfully, Bluebelle declined. "Oh! I guess I'd have to decline as well. I got a mug yesterday, sure tasty that was, yes!" Bell nodded her head in agreement with herself, sounding firm. "It wouldn't be fair to those behind."

Nebulous shrugged off, following her new companion. "See you sometime, Princess. You too, Bell." Something about her made her intriguing. Maybe the strikingly pink mane she had. Though, Neb's was a little different too with the orange and yellow, the pink just seemed more fascinating. So once they were in line, Neb patiently waited. Too bad she was out of luck, since they ran out so fast. At least Reck got her mug. "Well that eats dust, couldn't even get some for myself." The mare huffed, using her purple eyes to maintain eye contact with Reck. "No worries, though, I guess."

As Neb sulked, Bellissima felt way more comfortable with somepony she knew, until the tension rose a little when she started talking about her old self- selfish and difficult to please. "Well I'm glad you're better set off now, darling. I, for one, don't think I need anything changed about me. Not to make myself sound delightful, but I do think I bring out the best in ponies." Now, that was either total bull, or she actually thought that about herself. She actually probably did. The unicorn was a little delusional, but she felt she made enough impact to have the right to say whatever she wanted. She grew enough in fame. Or she never was taught how to be humble.

Something else caught her eye, as she spotted a little problem with the cider making. "Us? Help them?-" she stopped questioning, as she was already being escorted to the problem, to which only unicorn magic could fix. As much as the pink unicorn didn't want to, it would sure make a story for everyone to see. This was immediately seen as a jackpot in Bell's eyes. As she was still being taken, she managed to get out, "I mean, I guess it's only appropriate-" she was pushing it out now, "to help these hard workers. I'm sure a little spell could fix it up.-"

Bell was finally let go, making her roll her shoulders gently, not noticeably. The Princess called for the help, and Bell just stood there with a smile. "Ah- yes! Applejack-is it? For the day we can help!" Wait.. for the day!? A sigh escaped her lips.

• Like 5

On 11/18/2019 at 4:56 AM, SteelEagle said:

"Yeah, I guess we were just too tuckered out. My bad, I should have set a better alarm," he said as he looked around. "Wait. Why are two Princesses here?"

"Don't you know kid? That's because Sweet Apple Arces cinder is Equestra wide famous." Swift popped up behind two students. After hauling his rump through whole orchard noblepony managed to get to the sales area.

"Aaaaand they ran out. No wonder, with those things eating so much of their crop. Also technical difficulties." unicorn mused, noticing that one of the treadmills was broken, before moving forward.

While he would normally make beeline to Miss Applejack, the familiar face in the crowd. As such, he diverted his part for some small talk. With the cinder reserves exhaused for a day, there was no need to hurry.

"Hello Blue. We keep meeting in strangest of circumstances." Squallcoast greet his....friend? Well at that point, there was no other word that would describe their relationship - not after knowing each other for so long. They both just had to mature enough for it.

This certainly was an example of an odd friendship. Even through they were both nobles, and even shared the same ancestry, they couldn't be more different. Standing side by side only seemed to accentuate it. With Bluebelle being all fresh, clean and fabulous  as befitting high ranking noble and Squall's large ripped physique ,equipment and unshaved visage giving him look o sellsword after a though job. Which - at last for today - wasn't that far from truth.

"Spending much more in Ponyville I see...." Squall said in that very deep baritone of his. "...and embracing local traditions." he added.

"I see you got around yourself quite a company. Care to introduce me...?" noblepony asked, but tilted his head seeing Miss Applejack efforts.

"....Before we move to assist our host that is."

• Like 2

post-1908-0-71650300-1401605331.png

Luna's excited smile would seem to fade with each mug of cider was poured. The realization that she may not taste any cider began to set in. It was with a heavy sigh that she hung her head in defeat. "I should have come earlier..." she would mumble. "Perhaps Celestia was correct when she said this would be the hardest of the bucket list tasks to accomplish." With a flash of magic, a parchment list and quill would appear. "Perhaps I can accomplish some other task," as she looked it over. 

The list would disappear as Luna took a step back in surprise at the overexcited pink hypogriff's greeting. "It...It is nice to meet you Silverstream. You are one of Twilight Sparkle's students, correct? For as much as Queen Novo has told you about me, I feel that Twilight told me just as much about your class." The soon to be retired princess would look around, "Did any of your classmates decide to brave out this line as well?" She would smile. "To answer you other question, Today is one of my days off, as strange as it may sound. I had to make the trip to try this famous cider as well."

• Like 3

RECKLESS0zpCEWg.jpg

Well, it kinda ate dust ooooor... it was the perfect opportunity. Reckless smiled slyly and waited for Neb to walk up next to her. There was a small area where ponies could enjoy their purchased beverages, complete with a wooden bar to sit down for a few if one wished. 

"I guess it's a good thing I was able to get us at least one mug full huh?" She nodded with her chin towards two empty seats at the bar. "Don't worry babe, I wouldn't drink this whole thing without you." She swiveled into the bar stool and set down the mug. Once Neb had sat down, she pushed the mug towards the bat. "In fact," She raised an eyebrow and gave her a cocky smile. "I'm not sure I'd want to try this without somepony testing the quality first." She was being nice, in her own sarcastic way. The pegabat suddenly found herself really hoping this interesting batty would share her drink with her. 

After a few moments, giving Neb a chance to take a sip. "You busy next weekend babe?" She leaned on her hoof at the bar. "DJ PON-3 is playing the Electric Mane. I'll probably be there." She took a sip from the mug. "Maybe you will be too?"

She took another quick sip and blew out a breath. Ummmm, that last line was not as smooth as usual. Weird.

• Like 3

fe3cee76e40aeb606e0417822c078f0a_view.pn

Midnight’s attention would be drawn away from the book he was reading by the sound of disgust and disappointment outside his tent. “Oh no! I’m late!” he exclaimed, quickly exiting his tent.

Hovering he could see the counter and the exodus of creatures from it. To his relief however the young member of the Apple Family was still staffing it. He would also take note who else remained. The 
Bat Pony hybrid had seemed to have brought a friend. The blue griffin from yesterday was back as well as the overly excited hippogriff, and she was talking with...Princess Luna!? What was she doing here? He also spied a few other ponies from yesterday as well, including the rarer attractive but uptight unicorn.

He was on a mission to reach the counter now. Socializing would have to wait for now. Passing Luna and Silverstream, he would bow for a moment. “My Princess.”

Reaching the counter, he would grab one of the apples. “So what the status?” He would ask Apple Bloom, hoping for the best but expecting the worst news.

As his stomach grumbled, he would sink his fangs into the apple, seemingly draining it of its juices till all that was left was a shriveled husk around the core. “Um...these are free, right?”

• Like 4

REvxA6F.png

Apple Bloom gave Reckless a bit of a wink as she went ahead and gave the aerion another mug, for the bat behind her. She would always make room for a guard pony! "Thank y'all for servin'! Can't help but be jealous of you lot. Maybe someday Ah'll be big an' strong enough for it, right? You just be enjoying that cider now, okay? It's tha best cider in all'f Equestria!" She said as she pumped the last few mugs. Finally with a loud *nothing* the barrels were empty. She gulped mightily. Okay, if she didn't turn around then she didn't have to tell anypony about what was happening and that would mean nopony could get angry at her, right? After all, running from your problems always helped!...Right?

She sighed and turned around.

"Sorry folks, Ah'm plum out today!" She said, faking a smile as much as she could. It just sucked. They served so many fewer customers today! She had half a mind to buck the treadmill that was broken into tiny bits but she reckoned that wouldn't help matters much. She opened her mouth to try and quell the angry- well, more like visibly disappointed and chagrined- crowd when Applejack shoved some pies and apples at her. She breathed a sgh of relief. They weren't going to turn ponies away empty handed today! "If you didn't get a mug-" she began, but the crowd was loud. She tried once more to no avail. Finally she reached down behind the counter and pulled out a bullhorn.

"IF YOU DIDN'T GET YERSELF CIDER, YER ENTITLED TA A FREE PIE! OR FIVE APPLES, WHICHEVER YOU WANT MORE!" She bellowed excitedly as she began hoofing them out. Within moments another new fella- wait, not new, scratch that. She'd seen the fella just the other day! Midnight, was it? Well here he was again. Sadly she didn't have any cider left but he sure as shine helped himself to an apple...and sucked it dry. Her color left her face for a moment as she had dangerously awful flashbacks to vampire bats running rampant 'cross the orchard. She composed herself quick enough though, giving a nervous chuckle. "Hehehe...yep! Free. Five apple! Well, err, four now. Heh."

81KtqmA.png

Gallus didn't even know about the apples once again failing to produce enough cider for their customers for a few minutes as Silverstream ran off towards Luna. He was going to stubbornly refuse to move, however. Silverstream may have been fine getting denied cider but Gallus hadn't spent two days on this to not even get a sip of this beverage. He did notice the mare who looked vaguely like the Chancellor- Gallus' awareness told him it was probably the Chancellor's annoyingly attractive feminine half- move forward and...that was when he spotted the commotion. Oh no. Not again.

How was this place still in business!? They had all year to prepare for the event and they could barely keep open! He launched up above the crowd so he could see, seeing Apple Bloom handing out pies and apples. WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST TURN THE APPLES AND THE APPLES THAT MADE THE PIE INTO CIDER BEFORE ALL THIS STARTED?! This didn't seem complicated to him. Then again, at that moment he was just hungry and angry. Hangry, as Silverstream might say. Speaking of he better get something for her. With a charge he moved over the counter and hovered next to Apple Bloom. He pawed one for himself and another for Silverstream. "Sorry Apples, gotta run. Smells real good though," he said ruefully, faking sweetness as much as he could.

He flew back at top speed, finding Silverstream and the Princess. He should have grabbed a pie for Luna! Uggh. He had to dodge a rather healthy looking pop star- the same one from yesterda it seemed- and lost track of where he was as he drew closer to the earth. In between the sea of ponies he dodged and dipped until he was pulling out- when somepony stepped on his tail as he flew just out of the pack towards Silverstream and Luna. They went flying as he crashed to the ground tumbling, the apple pies flying all the way to Luna and Silverstream...

• Like 4

3h5ie9.gif

Neb arrived shortly next to Reck, with a big cheesy smile on her face. Her long fangs peaked out over her lips, which looked kind of adorable. She caught the drift the pegabat was getting at, and nodded her head towards the empty seats. "Yeah- good thing, huh? Wouldn't be fun without the mug." The darkly colored mare trotted to the two seats, sitting down, or more like throwing herself, onto the closest chair next to her. "Yeah? Willin' to share with little 'ol me?"

The bat was a little giddy, her wings opening with excitement. Neb watched as the mug was passed onto her, and she just looked up with her curious purple eyes. She raised an eyebrow, smirking a little. "I mean- If you insist," she said, playfully shrugging and taking a grasp of the mug. She took a sip, and her eyes lit up brightly. The sweet taste made her melt, and she suddenly took the mug off her lips and passed it back. "That's just about the 2nd sweetest thing ever-" she took a pause, looking at Reckless, "the 1st being you sharing that drink with me." 

There was something about the pegabat that really made Neb intrigued from the beginning, but she couldn't figure out what it was. 

After the sip, Reck asked a question that made Neb's heart spark. "Whatever I do have next weekend, I'm sure I can put off to the side." Neb smirked, her confidence rising. "Sure, I'll be there. Can never pass up a good party, right?" Neb laughed. "You'll find me in the dance circle." She licked her fangs, nodding at the pegabat. 

She was trying to play it calm and cool, but she really felt excited. 

• Like 3

fe3cee76e40aeb606e0417822c078f0a_view.pn

Midnight gave a fang filled smiled to the filly as he grabbed his remaining four apples. "Thank you," he would say as he walked away from the counter in search of a seat to enjoy his free apples. His search would take him to a bar where another bat pony as well as the half bat where sitting with each other.

"Well, they ran out again," he said with a friendly tone to nopony in general. "They do have these free apples thought to try to smooth things over till tomorrow." Midnight would bite into another apple, draining it quickly like he had the first one. "Not as good as cider, but pretty close," as he licked a drip of apple juice off his fang before looking looking off in the direction of the cider mill. The young  Areion couldn't help but feel socially awkward around the two mares as he just sat there.

• Like 4

ie11NUk.png

Applejack was tinkering away at a broken hoof-powered cider press. This one was operational yesterday but had jammed up before they could get enough progress on pressing cider to make plenty of the raging crowds of ponies. She first looked at the large stone pressing wheel. Giving it a long reluctant look, she feared that if the stone press was damaged that it might be out of commission until she can get another fabricated stone wheel from the Pie rock farm. Taking her wrench in her mouth, she twisted a few different wooden bolts and slightly tapped different parts of the wheel. She sighed. After a slow examination of the stone wheel, she knew that it wasn't the culprit for the jam. She next looked inside the transfer cogs, seeing if any of the sister threads were stripped of their torque. Mostly being made of wood made it easy to fix but it failed often based on how worn out the soft wooden fixtures would be after a long season of pressing. And there it was. One of the wooden cogs was completely dislodged and dropped itself in the housing of the wheel. She wished she had looked at this last night, but when the sun set she didn't want to try and fix a broken piece of machinery in the dark without knowing how long it would take to fix. Applejack oiled up the cog and slipped it back in place where it belongs. A couple tightenings with her trusty wrench and once she pulled the safety lever, the treadmill was once again completely responsive to the wheel. "Whew!" Having fixed one of the two broken treadmills, she felt motivated to try and fix the one remaining idle and unworked.

But before she could carry her tools to it, she was interrupted by Princess Bluebelle and Bellissima. They wanted to help, indicating that magic would aid the attempt to fix the mechanical machines. She smiled, the oil and dirt on her face curving to the shape of her glee.  "You want to help?" Applejack was strangely hesitant at first, but remembering how successful cider seasons of the past had been if she allowed her friends to help would convince her quickly that she should accept the offer. "Huh, well, unicorn magic is a no go." She said plainly. "Magic on the farm ain't necessarily prohibited. But I can't accept the constant use of magic to help solve a problem we can solve with our hooves. The reason our cider is so special is because of the hard work that goes into it." In past years, the magic from Rarity and Twilight Sparkle helped in carry supplies and moving small materials around in order to complete the task, but the treadmill was always hoof-powered, and the apples were always physically removed from the trees. "But I tell ya what, I just fixed this here treadmill and it seems to be working just fine. Once we get her loaded up with good apples, I need somepony to power it with some good ol' fashioned trottin'." Applejack noticed how magnificent the Princess was looking today, so instead looked to her companion who Applejack had not met yet, a pink unicorn with a very stylish mane and a music-related cutie mark. "Would you like to run on it for me, miss? You don't need to go very fast, just keep a nice consistent pace. And no magic."

"Isn't that right, Taira!?" Applejack yelled back at her farm aide Taira who was still huffing and puffing on the treadmill that had been running all day. She hadn't forgotten about him, and he was doing good work. She would have to pay him a fair wage in due time.

"And the rest of you can maybe help me fix the other treadmill." Applejack walked over to the third treadmill, the one that still needed to be fixed. To put it lightly, the treadmill was in complete disarray. Pieces were missing, the stone wheel had a crack in it, and the belts that transferred energy to the wheel were twisted and jammed into the machinery. "To be honest, I don't think we've used this heap in a few moons. And unfortunately, it got neglected." Applejack put her tools down and looked around at the few ponies who seemed interested in the technological failure. "What do you guys think? Would you like to take this thing apart with me so we can try and fix it?" Applejack grabbed the wrench with her mouth and started loosening the few bolts on the treadmill that were still intact. One by one, parts of the treadmill came off and the broken treadmill turned into a large pile of individual parts.

She wiped the sweat off her brow, and looked around while taking a breather. She noticed something about her surroundings and failed to withhold her current thought. "Why in the hay are there so many bat ponies here?"

AZZCEe0.png

As the aerion Silverstream met yesterday passed both Luna and herself with a bow, Silverstream gave her patented goofy response. "I'm not a Princess, silly!"

When Luna graciously responded to Silverstream, she was elated to have finally had a conversation with one of the rulers of Equestria. But Gallus was missing, what horrible timing. She wondered where he was. He was missing this very rare occasion where he could converse with the legendary dreamscape protector herself. She began to nervously look around her. "Well, Princess Luna, you must have heard of Gallus, then. He was right around here a second ago." Silverstream looked puzzled and tried to discern where Gallus had gone to. "He's a griffin with so much spunk, you wont believe it!" And just as she was talking Gallus up, she finally got line of sight of the young blue griffon, but it was accompanied by two apple pies being accidentally hurled in their direction. Silverstream did not have enough time to react and one of the pies hit Silverstream squarely it the face, the weight of the pie and tin knocking her off her hooves and talons and falling back-first onto the ground.

Current fresh cider supply: 0%

((The day will reset in 5 days, on December 1st 12:00am UTC))

• Like 5

Princess Bluebelle only smiled upon hearing Bellissima's self-assessment, though it was a smile with a bit of sadness mixed in.  She recognized that attitude, that self-polishing ediface of virtue that just rubbed some ponies the wrong way enough to deface it's physical manifestation with thrown, messy foodstuffs.  Never a pleasant experience, even if it ultimately becomes a salutory one.  Nonetheless, she was glad to see that the unicorn was at least coming along to offer help.

Along the way, she introduced Bellissima to the unicorn stallion beside her.  "Bellissima, this is Sir Swift Squall, one of the more prominent figures in, hm, most circles he's in, including mine, though I feel sometimes he'd rather not be, but that's what family and money will do.  Also, happily taken, before you get any ideas!"  The Princess half-jokingly teased the unicorn mare; only half, because she was willing to bet that Bellissima would have considered him a 'good catch.'  She'd been on the other side of that targeting often enough to recognize the danger signals.  "Swift, this is Bellissima, a singer from what I understand."

Upon arrival... Bluebelle sighed internally, but managed not to roll her eyes.  Yes, yes, the value of hard work and all that, but come on!  Refusing magical help to fix a machine that was normally-muscle powered could in no possible way affect the quality of the product positively, only it's quantity negatively!  But, this wasn't the time or place to argue.  Especially as Applejack suggested that Bellissima run the treadmill.  Now that was an inspired suggestion, just the thing to improve the mare's character!  "That sounds like a good idea to me; after all, a mare who is constantly in the public eye must maintain her figure, no?"  And with another golden bell-giggle, she followed the farmer mare to the third machine, throwing a wave to Taira in the back.  Hopefully, Swift would not decide to make a scene over this...

"Oh, certainly."  The Princess was happy to help in dissasembly, but she pointedly did not refrain from using magic to do so.  If AJ had a problem with that.... well, she could be the one to bring it up.  This was a task that required fine manipulation, and Bluebelle could do that better with her horn that with her hooves.  As the orange mare raised a question about the bat ponies, Bluebelle answered with her own theories.

"As far as I understand it, thestrals all really like fruit in general.  I think it's because they metabolize sugar faster, and therefore developed more sweet taste receptors than the average pony.  It's just only recently with the accession of Princess Luna that the colonies came out into the open.  Their population has also increased lately, with interbreeding happening too."

Edited by PrinceBlueblood
  • Like 5

epRvlJZ.png?1

Bellissima found herself pulling her mane in a pony-tail, as she knew she was about to do some work. Hopefully nothing too crazy, she was just there to do simple stuff, like picking up apples off the ground or holding something special for somepony. She didn't know at this point, and when she walked with Bluebelle, they ran into a rather.. knockout of a stallion. Sure, the unicorn has seen handsome stallions before, but this one, whew. She couldn't help but stand up straighter, with a tight smile. "Yes, I'm Bellissima Stella, but as you may, call me Bell." She kind of blushed when Bluebelle made her joke, making Bell cough aloud. "I never would have thought," she whispered under her breath.

After the encounter, Bell's ears flopped down in annoyance. She obviously has seen the orange mare before, named Applejack, she thought. Though they have never met, Bell stood there, waiting for her job to be given to her. It kind of frustrated her that AJ didn't know who she was- a rising popstar. She honestly just wanted the attention though, maybe to flip her long, beautiful mane in front of everypony. She had to set a fine example, though. 

She listened to the farm pony without saying a word, as she mentioned the use of no magic. No magic? The work would easily be done with some magic! Bell wasn't the best with her horn, but she knew a couple spells to do the trick. The farm pony seemed stern about it, though. Bell held herself from sighing at the stubborn worker, until she heard the word 'Run'. "Run? You expect me to run? What kind of-" The mare stopped herself, biting her lip and looking to her side to see her friend smiling at her. The unicorn was furious, running was not in her forte! Any work of exhaustion and fatigue was not for her! Sure, she dances a lot on stage, but she was feeling herself. This wasn't a choice. But, she couldn't sit here and argue. She had to be competent. 

The pink unicorn cleared her throat, running her front hoof down her face as she thought for a second. "Ah, yes. You're very right, darling. Running just a little won't have me worried. Sweat is a good thing I always say, right?" She wanted to vomit at the simple thought of sweating. She didn't want to be all stinky. She just wanted to be here to mingle, not work. She wasn't a ruffian. 

As they all split off, the unicorn made her way to the treadmill. She stared at it for a really long time, trying to gain the thought of hopping onto it. Bell couldn't just stand there, though. Finally, she got the courage to get onto it, letting the apples load on into it. She huffed, beginning to trot ever so slowly. It was barely doing anything, but she didn't want to go any faster. The pink unicorn was about to groan loudly, until she thought of ponies watching her. So, she trotted a little faster. As she continued, she looked on to see all the bat ponies. A little of her anxiety went away though, when she noticed Reckless and Nebulous leaving. "Thank Celestia."

• Like 4

post-1908-0-71650300-1401605331.png

Princess Luna nod to Silverstream. "Ah yes, Gallus. I have heard quit a bit about him as well...and his occasional shenanigans," as he stiffed a chuckle. "Never a dull moment with-" Only moments after the pie hit the pink hippogriff, the second pie would find its mark...Princess Luna's face. The happy expression of the blue alicorn would soon be replaced by a scowl as pie filling covered her muzzle, bits of crust in her mane, and to top it all off, the pie tin hung down from the tip of her horn.

Luna sighed deeply as she offered a hoof to help Silverstream to her hooves and talons. "Gallus's handiwork I assume?" Her eyes locked onto the young griffon as he approached. "I had always wanted to enter a pie eating contest, but this is not what I had in mind..." The tone in Luna's voice was hard to decipher. Was it anger, sarcasm, or somewhere in between? In reality, she wasn't that upset about the pie to the face, however there was no way for the young griffon to know that.

• Like 3