Official Discussion Thread - S09E26 - The Last Problem

szalhi

Spoiler

latest?cb=20191013013036

An older and wiser Princess Twilight Sparkle is visited by a student with a friendship problem. As she attempts to solve it, she looks back on the times she and her friends spent together.

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk

• Like 1

This entire episode was better than I thought it was going to be. The song was really amazing even if it was not the Extended theme I was hoping for. But they put in the storybook, so that was enough. 

Seeing everypony grown up was amazing, it felt surprising even thought it really wasn't, that's how time works. I felt like I wanted more, but anymore and that would be G5 (Oh btw, Hasbro, Next gen style please.)

I also like how in the airing, they cut out the unnecessary intros and recaps, even if it means there were more ads. 

A satisfying ending to one of the greatest animations of my time. It reminds me, for some reason, of the ending of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. (except, of course, this version doesn't have a static winking bear at the end!)

Wow. It's over.

I've been watching this silly horse show since season 2. I was slightly annoyed at a couple of things, but it was still a really good last episode.

Spoiler

Looks like Rarity and Rainbow are a couple in the FUTURE..Or even married.

Pinkie and Cheese's kid is freaking adorable.

Granny Smith and Goldie Delicious are long dead in the future...AJ and AB wear their necklaces to honor them. Sigh

They said the next MLP movie will be full CGI. I'm guessing it will start up the next gen.

I cried my eyes out. Pretty much spent this week rewatching the show with a stream in preparation for the finale, and I ended up crying more this week than I usually do in a year. 

MLP has been such a massive part of the last 8 years of my life; I never would've journeyed in art and writing without it, I never would've attended cons without it, and I would have absolutely zero of the internet friends that I currently have without it. So, unsurprisingly, I'm feeling a mixture of really cathartic and really depressed feelings even today. I owe so much to this show and fandom that it's nuts.

Whatever may come next, I know I'm not getting off this ride.

• Like 1