Friendship/s at First Punch? (OPEN)

Ciraxis

"We should be there soon...." said the crimson maned quilin mare while gazing through window of Friendship Express. She was quite a beauty, even if she sported a sad and worried look in her eyes.

"Uh-huh...." a much younger quilin, very similar to the mare,  answered, albeit without much enthusiasm. While her stare was glued to the moving landscape, she seemed rather indifferent to everything around her.

"..........." Karen Esaka stared with concern at her daughter. She was like this for months, ever since she and her husband had their great 'disagreement'. While it was preferable compared how miserable Homura previously was, it still was.....

"I will be fine Mom...." younger quilin said, as if she read her parent's thoughts. "...I can take care for myself."  This prompted a heavy sigh from older Esaka.

"I know you can..." she said while patting her daughter's head. "....but I wish you would be more then 'fine'. Me and grandpa are worried."

"Grandpa? You talked with him? When?" Homura asked, clearly surprised.

"Well not talked, but I written to him. He's very concerned about you, and will come visit...."

"Ohhhhh!" filly exclaimed, suddenly more lively. She absolutely adored her Grandpa.

"...next month." Karen finished.

"....Ah....." Esaka junior quickly deflated. "I guess.....I guess I can hold on for a month...." she added under her breath.

"Hold tight to that thought okay?" Karen said with a smile. With those words train started to slow down. Soon, Ponyville platform came into view.

"Some member of the Teachers Body will come for you, so just wait for them alright? I wish we could come at the start of the school year, we could avoid all of that then, but...." after all Karen had to tie everything up regarding her new job. "Rember, if something happens you can always contact me."

"Yes Mom." Homura said, automatically

"...And Canterlot is not that far from here..."

"...I know Mom..." young quilin confirmed again

"Ara ara...." Karen muttered, still somewhat worried. "And please, don't get into any fights...."

"....Uhhhhh...." Homura made annoyed grunt. Not that she currently felt like getting into any bout anyway.

"....without reason." crimson maned mare finished.

"Oh......" the filly expressed her surprise. "...I think.....I think I can come up with some....."

"Right? Now get your bag and remember to be nice to other. I love you Sweetie." Karen embraced her daughter with a hug, who quickly returned it.

"I love you too Mom...."

Fourty later, Homura was still standing on the platform with her amber duffel bag. Apparently whatever school guardian was supposed to pick her up, she or he didn't got the memo. Such punctuality would never fly in Neighpon. Then again, she wasn't in Polohoma anymore.

"....Shaaaa....." Esaka expressed with a heavy sight. Should she wait some more? The day already weighted heavily on her shoulders, without boredom on top of it.

"...I think I walk. After all, how far can it be? And touring the town would come sooner or later." Homura already started to justify her decision. "Maybe I get myself some manga or two...." she added while quickly recalling how much allowance she got. Yup, it should be enough for five dozen. Her mom was actually quite a wealthy mare, being from reach family, and having saved quite a sum from her gardening work in Neighpon. Despite this she insisted on not leeching from her family, and got herself job in Canterlot as well.

"And I can always ask for directions, right?" Esaka said to herself, before puttin her bag on her back as she walked off the platform. The day was still young.

• Like 1

EDIT_small%20changeling_3_by_frownfactory_dbdve5m-fullview.png

Fleeting Hope       

While she was walking she might hear a quiet gasp and seem a flash of light nearby... But it was just a rock...

...a large rock directly in the middle of the path... yeah, that wasn't suspicious at all... surely it was even less suspicious that the rock was occasionally moving a tiny bit, just a tremble, as if it were somehow straining at something... or perhaps just nervous... yeah, no doubt the rock was perfectly normal..........

• Like 1

Kireina was kinda just wandering around Ponyville at the moment, though kinda too absorbed in her book to appreciate the sights. Or really watch where she was going, for that matter. Which, unfortunately, meant she didn’t see the sudden addition of a rock until she ran into it, quite literally. 

“<Ugh, when did this rock get here?>” She muttered in Neighponese as she picked herself off the ground and picked her book back up. “<Really, you’d think they’d want to keep the roads clear.>” She continued, pausing as she spotted Esaka and gave a small wave, not sure how much she had seen.

• Like 1

The town denizens were all staring at Homura as she passed them one by one. Was it the way she dressed? One would think that Equestria was a bit more 'progressive' from what she heard about it. You would think those ponies didn't saw a quilin bef....Ooooooohhhhh....right.

As such she pulled her hat down somewhat more. Can't hide her horns this way, but at least she wouldn't have to see their stares, Esaka had enough on her plate as it is.

Just then, the sound of the familiar language made Homura glower at the scene ahead. The large rock, the longma filly sprawled on the ground next to it, and a book laying on the ground as well. It wouldn't be hard to get a picture what happened, even if the other filly didn't spoke once more....

On 11/1/2019 at 12:37 AM, PyroBlaze said:

“<Really, you’d think they’d want to keep the roads clear.>” She continued, pausing as she spotted Esaka and gave a small wave, not sure how much she had seen.

"<You would also think that you don't walk and read at the same time, unless you wish to eat dirt all the time..>" she said in abrasive tone as she glared upward at Hinode face. She may been built like a stick, but she was tall for the Neighponeese. Not much of a muscle on her despite that. She also wore that snotty face of typical ojou. Great, first Neighpon denizen she met here, and it's the type that goes watakushi all the time.

"<If you have a problem with something, fix it yourself instead of complaining."> Homura added as she put down her duffel bag, before moving to punt the rock of the road. But as she winded up her leg for a kick the rock...trembled...? Slightly, but Esaka was sure it did.

"<Jeeeez...even rocks are weird here.>" she muttered under her breath, and instead lifted the stone and put it off the road. It was surprisingly soft, which only added to this realms oddness. What's next, dry water?

Regardless, the rock shouldn't bother anyone on that lawn here...unless it's decides to move on it's own. Wouldn't surprise her at that point.

With that done, quilin picked up her bag and departed with flippant wave of her own. "<Later, noodle-legs.>"

((Sorry, this is a little contrived, but too many character actions per post...))

The rock was shaking even more now as if completely terrified, but unsurprisingly it didn't make a sound, though it did seemed to squirm ever-so-slightly at being touched... it was a stroke of luck that neither of these creatures seemed aware of changelings... so as such the rock stayed where it had been put, even though in its mind, it was having a not insignificant panic attack...

Edited by Ashton
missed a section of OPs second post AND too many actions to react to...
  • Thanks 1

(She’s a longma, btw)

Kireina gave a bit of an offended gasp at the other filly’s responses, glaring back at her. “<It’s not my fault rocks appear out of nowhere with nary a warning. It wasn’t there when I last looked at the road.>” She said simply, tucking her book under a wing. 

“<And who’s to say I wasn’t going to move it myself? I didn’t get much of a chance before you showed up and started judging me.>” She grumbled some, watching Homura move the rock off the road. As she left, Kireina gave a small huff at the name she was called before continuing on her way. Unfortunately, that currently meant she was going the same direction as Homura, but she just tried to ignore her. 

• Like 1

@PyroBlaze

<"Rocks aren't known for giving warnings.">. Esaka pointed out when the longma filly protested in a way befitting spoiled, rich filly. She hoped she didn't had to put up with her in the future....but seeing that Ponyville wasn't big town....well...tough luck.

<"There isn't much to judge."> Homura answered when Hinode kept ranting, making another jab at her thin figure.

@Ashton

Just as she was about to leave, Homura made one last look at the trembling look. Her scowling expression softened - if even so slightly - upon seeing that.

<"Must be careful what I use as a punching bag in the future. Should put it in more sunny spot too."> Esaka mumbled under her breath. She never thought she would feel bad for a rock of all things.....but then again, Equestria was strange. She just hoped that strangeness wasn't contagious.

@PyroBlaze

Esaka kept walking forward, and finally her search - and some quick asking - has bore some fruit. She now saw the roof of the School she was to attend - starting today. She hoped that at least for now she wouldn't have to share the room with anypony. Right now, all she wanted was to sprawl on the bed and think about nothing.

But of course Homura didn't had the luxury to do that. While she haven't turned around at any point, the reflections in windows and shop displays revealed that this irritating longma ojou kept trailing her. Great, just great.

So they kept walking, the longma filly and the quilin one - the later of the two even more grumpy then earlier - until they finally reached the School of Friendship.
Homura had to admit, it was impressive. Back in Neighpon land was expensive, so only the most ancient of educational centers had the luxury to be sprawling. And this one was large enough to be build into the small mountain!

As such, Esaka hesitated for a moment, while standing before a front door. What was he anxious for? She beaten up creeps in Polohoma alleys all the time, and this was getting her to freeze up of all things?

With those kind of defiant thoughts, Homura put on an adamant face and walked inside. Maybe she will finally met somepony from the faculty?

Kireina gave another huff at the rude filly's words, going back into her book to assist with ignoring the other filly as they walked the same direction. As they reached the school, she raised an eyebrow at the realization they were likely to be schoolmates. Well, that was just great, she'd have to deal with even more unruly students while she was trying to learn here. The longma sighed as the door opened, entering behind the qilin before turning towards her room and heading that way down the hall. This school just kept getting better and better. She just wished she could find someone interested in the kind of stuff she was for a change.

((wasn't sure if you'd gone on without me... dont really have a lot of ideas since Hope's so shy that someone has to actually go to her and initiate anything... unless y'all want me to throw one of the school's staff your way...))

Once the two were gone, the rock had a flash of energy wash over it and Hope scurried down next to the water, panting hard, fighting off a panic attack, stopping frequently to take gulps of water. She felt... uncomfortable... after that and didn't even know what to think. 

((I imagine that Esaka will be quite surprised when she returns later and notice the rock gone... I wonder if she's going to develop the crazy idea that Equestrian rocks and get up and walk around...))

((I can also imagine a very awkward conversation between Hope and Trixie/Starlight about "she touched me and made me uncomfortable" @_@ ...  XD))

• 2 weeks later...

"Hello? Helooooo?" Homura called among the school's corridors. Great, of all times she had to step in, it was during actual teaching period. Searching for someone from staff it's going to take forever....unless she ask that janitor or someone. But at the same time it was strange that no one answered her, indicated that no one heard her. The longma glued to he didn't count. The notion that she was to attend the same school was annoying

enough.

"Jeeez...who runs this place....?" quilin filly sighted. Maybe she should search for Principal office. Ask why no staff was sent for her. At least he or she shouldn't be tied with lessons.....right? No way to know with this place.

As she walked along the corridors, Esaka kept deciphering the labels on the doors. Her spoken Equestrian was fine, but she got a little rusty when it came to reading it. It will come back. Not like she got choice

"G-u-i-d-a-n-c-e C-o-u-n-s-e-l-o-r...?" she read aloud in confusion. Never heard of such position in any of Neighponeese schools she attended. At least in that age bracket.

Wasn't that something set up for students...that were a wee bit older then the kids like her?

"<This place is strange. Next thing I hear is no-one wears uniforms.>" Homura muttered under her breath.