Big Time's Big Party (OPEN)

Sunshine

Julibee squealed with joy as Hoss joined her for a dance.

"I wish this night would never end," the excited Pegasus said as she swayed in the larger stallion's embrace.

Starflower watches in wonderment at Spirit Flame with Beat Match. The filly seemed to be doing just fine as the light blue unicorn continued to supervise.

As couple were out dancing, Destiny Star was still chasing after Saddlesore. When the frightened blue stallion ran by Mojo, the Paint stallion moved to block the angry unicorn mare's path.

"OUTTA MY WAY, HIPPIE!"

"C'mon Destiny, give peace a chance."

"I'll give you peace! I'm going to smack that idiot Saddlesore so hard, he'll be in PIECES!"

"Look miss, if you're trying to impress the talent agent pony, this ain't the way to do it. Revenge sends out some really bad vibes that everypony can pick up on. Better focus on your performance on stage, no need to get violent, right?"

Mojo's calm words seem to have a tranquillizing effect on Destiny Star.

"Guess you have a point, hippie. I need to rehearse! Plenty of time to get even with that little blue horsie later."

"Now Destiny, give peace a chance, ok?"

"Oh.. fine then! He's not worth the effort anyway," the tall reddish maned unicorn sighed as she walked back up towards the stage. Saddlesore came out of hiding.

"That short blonde filly friend of yours is right, Mojo, you ARE the Pony of Peace!"

"Better stop pickin' on Destiny, pal. You may get yourself in a mess that no pony can fix if you don't."

Fillydelphia.

Not as busy as Manehatten, but she liked it.

It was.. happening.

The place to be if you were into fun. So far, as Lightshow could see, the ponies loved to party: she'd passed two busy parties so far.

She turned a corner, and there.. Another party! She heard smooth beats and lively chatter.

She tugged on the sleeve of her cyan sweater, and decided that the third party was the charm. Gently nosing the door open, she ambled into the building, looking around.

So many ponies! And the music..

her tail swung to either side in time with the music, and she walked in, emboldened by the beat-heavy music. Grinning to herself, she went in further, wondering what kind of ponies came to parties like this.

Fillydelphia.

A place so full of ponies it was inane.

So many people in such a little place... Firecracker hated it.

But she had promised Lightshow, and she wasn't about to go against her word.

Turning the corner, she spotted the third party full of people they had found, at just about the same time as Lightshow.

Following Lightshow in, she spotted the pure amount of ponies, and just froze.

"Erm... Lightshow? I don't like it here..."

Spirit stared with interest as beat match showed her how to operate the strange device. Sure enough, music started playing once the unicorn was finished. The music was stared on these disks then? How curious. Was it magic that made all this work? Spirit couldn't understand it otherwise. The music was still pretty loud for Spirit, but she had to say she appreciated it more after meeting Beat Match and seeing how it was created.

"How fascinating..." Spirit uttered, tilting her head.

Now that everything seemed to be settled, there was one more thing Big Time had to deal with. He around at the crowd of ponies to try and see if Destiny Star had caused more of her usual ruckus. To the blue pegasus’s great relief, she seemed to be calmed down quite a bit, thanks to Mojo.

Big Time returned to his seat at the corner of the room. All there was to do now, was wait for the talent show to start. As soon as that began, he knew his mind would be completely off of the dispute he had.

Meanwhile, Bull Dozer nodded his head to Shanna’s request. He would be more than happy to dance with the mare. “I’d love to, Ms. Skybright.”

The brown stallion leaned in and gave her a nuzzle on the cheek, before raising onto his hind hooves like before. He held his forehooves like she had taught him, and eagerly awaited their dancing. Even though the large stallion wasn’t much of a dancer...let alone a big fan of any form of art, he loved seeing Shanna do it. On any other pony, he would say it looked ridiculous. However he was so blinded by his attraction the pegasus mare that anything she did was either beautiful or cute to him.

Hoss nickered happily as he danced with Jubilee and heard her wish. Being one of her admirerers and getting to dance with her? Bliss!

He smiled as he floated above the floor with her. "That would be my wish as well, being with the best filly in the place."

Meanwhile, Shanna smiled happily at the nuzzle on her cheek. She was becoming quite infatuated with this large, handsome pony with the blond mane.

She nuzzled back as she began dancing with him, swaying her long, elegant tail with her hips. as she watched his hips move with her.

"You are getting much better at this Bull Dozer."

"Oh Hoss!" Jubilee neighed dreamily as she continued to dance with the dashing brown Pegasus. "This is one night I'll never forget!"

Meanwhile, Destiny Star rushed back to Big Time.

"Now where was I in describing my fabulous singing and dancing career? I'm certain you'll want to know EVERY detail about the mare who will be WINNING your little talent competition later tonight. By the way, have I told you how ruggedly handsome you look? Y'know, Mr. Big Time, after I win the talent show, you and I could go out somewhere a little more, private so we could talk even more about my favorite subject, ME!"

Still with Spirit Flame near the DJ's booth, Starflower overheard the bragging taller unicorn and rolled her eyes and sighed in disbelief. Then the light blue unicorn turned her attention back towards the younger filly who was helping Beat Match play songs.

"You're doing a wonderful job, Spirit Flame," Starflower said with a warm, reassuring smile.

Saddlesore stood near Mojo.

"Hay Mojo, Maybe we should go get the musical instruments we'll need to play for Julibee during the talent show."

"Capital suggestion, pal, you get your guitar, and I'll go out to me wagon to fetch mine!" the Paint stallion neighed as the two galloped towards the door. As he walked through the door, Mojo spotted Firecracker and Lightshow who were together. Being the friendly hippie borny that he was, he trotted up to them.

"Greetings! I see your newcomers to the party! We're havin' a jolly good time inside, will you be joining us? Name's Mojo. Me and me chums are gonna be playin' music a little later on! What's your names?"

Lightshow was busy lookin around happily, grinning widely to herself. She noticed how much her cream-colored pelt contrasted with that of the mare beside her.

Mare beside her..? Lightshow suddenly remembered that Firecracker had come with her.

She'd had a scatter-brained moment and forgotten.

"Oh, sug, relax!" she said, gently nudging her friend forward with her hoof.

"This place is lovely!~" she chirped, glad to be away from the stage for a while, at least.

Having been facing Firecracker, she did not notice the approaching stallion until he was close enough that she could hear his hooves upon the ground. She turned around, her mane covering her eye for a moment until she swiped it away with a hasty hoof.

"Greetings! I see your newcomers to the party! We're havin' a jolly good time inside, will you be joining us? Name's Mojo. Me and me chums are gonna be playin' music a little later on! What's your names?" she heard him say, and stammered a bit for a moment from surprise, until she finally composed herself.

"Ah, hello," she said serenely, giving a small smile to the stallion. "I was roaming these streets, and I can't resist a good party! And of course we will," Lightshow continued, jabbing at her friend playfully to encourage her to greet the stallion. "I do love a little music, and dancing.. Oh! Anyway, this is Firecracker, my closest friend! And I'm Lightshow,"

She grinned, and looked around a bit more.

"And we're late, aren't we?" she concluded, chuckling happily.

"R-Relax? There are so! Many! Ponies!" Firecracker said, shaking her head.

"Not lovely by me..."

Peeking up for a second, Firecracker noticed a brown stallion walking towards them. She let out a small squeal, before trotting behind Lightshow.

"Greetings! I see your newcomers to the party! We're havin' a jolly good time inside, will you be joining us? Name's Mojo. Me and me chums are gonna be playin' music a little later on! What's your names?"

Instead of answering, she just continued to hide behind Lightshow.

Big Time was staring into space as the bragging unicorn continued to talk about herself. He tried, but he couldn’t get his mind off of the fight between him and Bull Dozer finally being over. It felt like he was hanging by a rope, and Destiny Star’s words were the saw that were about to cut it. The talent agent didn’t know how much more he could take. Big Time’s head was swimming with so many thoughts at once. Without his sunglasses on, it was more noticeable.

Finally, the blue stallion snapped, “SHUT UP!” he shouted involuntarily. Big Time looked at the unicorn mare, surprised at himself for blurting out something so unprofessional. It wasn’t like him to do that...but then again, he wasn’t quite feeling like himself at the moment. After a moment of silence, he stood, walked to the exit, and stepped outside for some air. Also, after exploding like that, he felt like hiding away from any attention he may have drawn.

Bull Dozer smiled shyly at Shanna, “thank you, Ms. Skybright...but you’re a much better dancer than I am.”

The earth-pony kept doing his somewhat stiff moves. His tempo was off, mostly because he couldn’t truly feel the music. Still he kept watching Shanna as she danced. His eyes lit up at the way she was able to sway with the music, it was a sight that made his heart race a little. Bull Dozer blushed a little bit, then returned his gaze to her eyes.

Suddenly, his ears perked as he heard Big Time shout at the unicorn mare he was hanging out with. The brown stallion looked over at the two, then saw his ex-enemy storm out of the building. Bull Dozer smiled a little bit then looked at Shanna. “Wow...you weren’t kiddin’, Ms. Skybright...he sure seems upset right now.”

Hoss neighed happily at Jubilee "Oh yeah! I wont forget tonight either! I cant wait to see your act again! I'll really try to wow you when I fly tonight."

Suddenly the party host shouted from his corner and stormed out to clear his head. "Looks like he's still upset about the fight somehow. I hope he'll be all right..."

Shanna smiled at the handsome blond maned stallion as he commented on her dancing vs. his. "You just need more practice... with me."

She smiled a she danced with him, her wings arching out part way to keep her balance.

Just then, Big Time shouted and looked at them before storming out. She nodded at Bull Dozer's comment and hugged him "And how are you holding up, big guy?"

Mojo smiled at Lightshow and Firecracker.

"No need to be bashful or shy, party's still goin' strong! Go on in! I'm just out here to fetch our band instruments. A group of us are gonna perform in a talent competiton later on!" the Paint stallion neighed before trotting off towards his wagon.

As Mojo returned pulling a small cart of instruments behind him, up front Starflower was still carefully observing Spirit Flame and all her activities.

"Splendid, Spirit Flame, you're doing quite well," the light blue unicorn said just as Big Time shouted SHUT UP to Destiny Star and walked off. Looking over in her direction, Starflower began to open her mouth to try to calm her down.

"Button it, Nurse Cratchet!" Destiny snarled as the furious reddish maned unicorn began to pace and ramble. "How DARE he tell ME to shut up! Does he realize WHO I AM? I'm Destiny Star! I am the FUTURE of entertainment in this realm and that blue upstart has NO right to address me in such a rude tone! I do not deserve such mundane treatment! I'M A STAR!"

Jubilee smiled at Hoss. "Thank you," she said just before Big Time shouting caused her to glance up in that direction and Destiny Star told off Starflower. "Please excuse me for a moment, Hoss."

Furious, Jubilee flew up towards the stage until she was flying stationary between the two unicorns.

"How DARE YOU speak to my friend that way, and look who's calling WHO rude?? You've done nothing but cause trouble all night, even got thrown out of this party and snuck back in! If ANY pony's rude here tonight, it's YOU!!!"

"Why you little pest! I'm going to teach you to meddle in my affairs!" Destiny snarled as her horn glowed, picking up a stray plank of wood from the stage area. "I'm going to spank your little rump right here in front of all these ponies!"

"Oh no you won't!" Starflower shouted as her horn glowed, wrestling magically for control of the floating plank.

"Stay outta this, grandma!"

"Granny's going to teach you some manners!"

A magical 'tug of war' took place with the plank until Starflower maintained control of it. Swinging it towards the rear of the white unicorn, the light blue mane smiled as she brought the plank down hard on Destiny's flanks.

"YYYYEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWWW!" she screamed, stunned at the swiftness of her older unicorn rival.

"That's it, Star, give her another swat!" Jubilee yelled.

Lightshow watched a blue stallion shoulder his way past them and out the building. She cocked her head curiously, and her mane went into her face for a moment, obscuring her view. Annoyed, she tossed her head back, before remembering the two ponies near her.

"That would be delightful, thank you," she said cheerfully, before turning 'round and nudging Firecracker forward.

"Say hello, hun! He ain't gonna bitecha!" she said, giving her friend a jovial pat on the back, before turning round.

"One sec, hun, and Mojo. I'm gonna see why this one is so dang grumpy. Firecracker, you go on ahead, and relax. It's safe."

Quietly, she trotted over to the blue stallion, an eyebrow raised in curiosity.

"Somethin' the mattah, sug?" she drawled, trying hard to not be elegant as she usually was for parties.

You are Lightshow. Not Haute Couture. Relax! She reminded herself.

Flinching as a blue stallion barged bast her and Lightshow, Firecracker ducked out of sight of as many people as she could.

"Say hello, hun! He ain't gonna bitecha!"

Firecracker shook her head, and stared curiously at all the people walking around. 2 pegasi twins, a unicorn nurse, and some shouting pony she couldn't see. and thats what she heard. Who knew who else was here?