Big Time's Big Party (OPEN)

Sunshine

Starflower smiled at Spirit Flame as she used her unicorn magic to levitate a plate of salad over towards the filly.

"In the case of this party, a talent competition is when ponies who have musical abilities perform on stage with a judge deciding who played and sang the best. I am going to help my friend Jubilee with her performance later in the evening. Do you have any special talents, abilities, things that you are good at?"

Now that she had a band, Jubilee sat down next to Hoss and breathed a sigh of relief.

"PHEW! This will be my big chance! If I can impress Big Time, maybe he'll sign me up as a client! So Hoss, I hear you're a weather pony. What's it like working up there in the clouds? I came from Cloudsdale myself, but I wasn't cut out for the Weather Bureau."

Mojo smiled when he saw Shanna and Bull Dozer 'warming up' to one another. Deciding it would probably be better not to interject himself into their conversation, the Paint stallion turned and spotted Saddlesore bedeviling Destiny Star some more.

"Oh miss! There's a clog in the Men's room and you're the PERFECT pony to clean up the mess."

"Are you out of your little blue mind? I will NOT lower myself to do such menial labor!"

"Well then I need to go tell Big Time you're refusing to .."

"You didn't let me finish," Destiny said in a nicer tone. "I will not lower myself to do such menial labor without getting my rubber hoof gloves and appropriate tools first!"

"That's better, brillo head!" Saddlesore laughed as he turned to walk away. Destiny SO wanted to harpoon the loudmouthed blue stallion for his arrogance, but backed off when she remembered she had to stay on everyone's good side so she could perform in the talent competition.

"That blue bloke better stop teasin' her. It's not cool to get attacked by an angry unicorn!" Mojo muttered.

Spirit tilted her head as she considered Starflower's question. She recalled some words Lexis had given her. She smiled and nodded.

"My teacher sometimes says I have a real talent for magic," Spirit said in a quiet voice. She then started to nibble at the salad Starflower brought to her. It was nice and mild, so she liked it.

Big Time shook the DJ’s hoof to seal the deal. “It’s a deal.” Smiling brightly, the blue Pegasus gave a sigh of relief. “The equipment is already all set up, so all you have to do is go up there and introduce yourself. Also, we’re going to be calling the numbers for our raffle soon. I’ll come up and tell you when we’re going to do it.”

“I suppose so, Ms. Skybright.” Bull Dozer laughed and leaned back, patting his stomach, “although, I probably wouldn’t get too far off the ground.”

The brown earth stallion looked at his stomach, then looked to Shanna again. There was a little voice in his head screaming at him to tell her something. Since the conversation fell into a momentary silence, now was as good a time as ever. With a slight shade of red on his cheeks, Bull Dozer spoke: “Um…M-Ms. Skybright…” he cleared his throat, “…I was wondering if…” suddenly, the embarrassed stallion changed the course of his sentence, saying something he regretted as soon as it left his mouth, “…you wanted to dance.”

If Bull Dozer could’ve hit himself on the head without looking like an idiot, he would. What in Equestria was he thinking?! He had no experience in dancing, let alone any experience in dancing with a mare. Just the thought of it seemed….awkward for him. However, he put the offer out there, and backed it up with a nervous smile.

Beat smiled one of the biggest smiles she'd ever had as she thought "Dear Celestia, this is gonna be epic!" She walked up to the stage, looked at all the equipment and thought "Wow, this is high tech stuff, I take back what I previously thought about it being epic, this is going to be THE BEST PARTY PHILLYDELPHIA'S EVER HAD!!!" She then looked through the records, until she saw Manticores n Stuff by D3adCat and put it on the turntables. "Hello Everypony! My names beat match, I'm the DJ for this event and I got one question for ya! ARE YOU READY TO PARTY!?!" Just as the drop hit in the song, the party really began.

Hoss gazed at the lovely blond maned white pegasus as she turned her eyes at him * Mmm green as grass... *

"I hope you do get the contract, Jubilee." She suddenly asked him what it was like as a weather pony? bliss!

He smiled "Well, it can be busy sometimes, especialy with an emergency call to knock out a storm or tornado. Dad is awesome at untwisting one but it takes a lot out of any pony to do so alone. Me and Shanna can undo one with less effort by flying as tight a pattern as the Wonderbolts do."

Hoss smiled at the next memory "The real fun though is surfing stormfront winds. You can really build up speed off of a big thunderhead and get a warning out faser if you cant take it apart alone. We've almost.. Almost!.. Done a Sonic Rainboom coming off that nasty unscehduled boomer three months ago, the one that was turned aside into the Everfee before it hit Ponyville once the Ponyvlle Weather Patrol was alerted."

He takes a drink, then continues "We can usually wrap up the daily assignment quickly enough to get sleep or take care of other things before evening, when we spend time doing our Astronomy fieldwork."

He smiled at the young mare "By the way, how did you get your start?"

Meanwhile Shanna giggled pleasently as Bull Dozer said he would not get far off the ground, showing off his now full tummy.

She earperked as he seemes to be getting flustered again, * Ooooh I wonder what he's going to ask? *

When he popped out asking her to dance, her face seemed to light up "I would love to! I must confess I usually dance while hovering as is common in Cloudsdale so I may not be up to the latest groundside dances. I should have no trouble, though. Just let the music move you, right?"

Just then, the black unicorn DJ started playing and called out;

"Hello Everypony! My names beat match, I'm the DJ for this event and I got one question for ya! ARE YOU READY TO PARTY!?!" Just as the drop hit in the song, the party really began.

Hoss smiled at Jubilee "Wow! She's off to a good start..." He suddenly saw Shanna moving toward the dance floor with Bull Dozer. "...And so is my sister it seems. May I have this dance?"

Jubilee swallowed hard before she began to tell her story to Hoss.

"When I was growing up, my parents wanted me to be a racing Pegasus, a great flyer like they were. At first, I went to the flight camps and was quite skilled at flying. But then, someone introduced me the music of Sapphire Shores! THE pony of POP!! From that moment on, I dreamed of performing on stage with her! Secretly I took music and dance lessons behind my parent's back. It wasn't until we had a fight when I lost the Jr Speedsters Finals that I told them about my dream. They were FURIOUS with me, but when I rushed over to the family piano and began to play classical music that brought tears to their eyes, they finally decided to let me pursue a career in entertainment. Attended a special Music and Performing Arts School and now, here I am. I actually met Mojo while I was in that school, but that's another story."

The dashing Pegasus stallion then asked Jubille to dance.

"Dance? SURE! You betcha!" she squealed as she grabbed Hoss by his front hooves and pulled him into the middle of the dance floor. "C'mon everypony, let's shake those flanks!"

Seated next to Spirit Flame, Starflower nodded to acknowledge her response.

"A talent for magic? That's wonderful! Unfortunately, this isn't a magic competition. This kind of talent show is for entertaining, things like singing and dancing. Have you ever did any of those things before, Spirit Flame?"

As Mojo returned to the table, he heard the DJ's announcement and the music playing.

"Far out! Time to get me groove on!" the Paint stallion said as he trotted out to the dance floor and began to move with the music.

Moments later, when Destiny Star emerged from the Men's Room after cleaning it, she saw all the ponies dancing and having a good time out on the dance floor.

"What? They're having fun and I'm not the center of it?" the tall reddish maned unicorn complained. "That does it! I've done enough work! I'm going to have some fun too!"

When Destiny pleaded with other stallions in the room to dance with her, every one of them refused. In desparation, she approached Mojo who was dancing by himself.

"Look hippie, I need a dance partner, and YOU'RE IT!"

"Calm yourself, love. Ya seem to be very uptight, so many negative vibes..."

"Oh, knock off all that weird talk and let's dance NOW!" the arrogant unicorn sneered, using her unicorn levitation powers to position the stunned Paint pony into position as she began to slow dance with him.

"Beggin' yur pardon, doll, but I'd rather be movin' me body on me own."

"Hush now. I want my dancing to look flawless, so I'll keep you in perfect sync with me."

"Don't I get a say in this, miss?"

"Nope," Destiny said as Saddlesore rushed up behind her.

"Quit goofin' off, filly! There's still a lot of work to do here!"

"Tell someone who cares, shrimp!"

"Now that wasn't a cool thing to say to the bloke!"

"No one asked you, hippie!"

"I'm going to tell Big Time on you!" Saddlesore announced just before he felt his snout being tied shut with rope my Destiny's unicorn magic.

"You'll tell NO ONE, dork pony, now leave me alone!" Destiny snorted as she continued dancing with Mojo. Saddlesore trotted over to the back of the room, attempting to pull the ropes off his snout with his front hooves.

Spirit looked down quietly. "I have never tried those things," she said somewhat somberly. It was true. She knew what it meant to sing and dance but it wasn't anything she had ever had an opportunity to really try. Actually, as she saw it, there had never been any reason for her to try them before.

Spirit noticed then as the music suddenly changed after somepony said some things. Things seemed suddenly more energetic all around. It seemed like everypony was having just a little more fun. It was just a little loud for Spirit though.

After the DJ went up and did her great introduction, Big Time felt his stomach rumble. He didn’t realize that he hadn’t eaten anything all night. The blue Pegasus trotted over to the buffet tables and made himself a plate before going over and sitting on a chair that was at the front corner of the room. He watched the ponies dancing, laughing, having a great time…and felt their happiness make him happy.

Happy ponies, and many friends, meant more money for him. Soon, he thought to himself, he would find those talented ponies he so desperately wanted as clients.

Bull Dozer got butterflies in his stomach. He tried to look at the other ponies who were dancing to get an idea of what he needed to do to impress Shanna. The brown stallion was relieved to hear that dancing on the ground was at least somewhat new to her, however he was still in trouble.

“Just let the music move you, right?"

When Shanna said that, Bull Dozer almost rolled his eyes. How could music move somepony? The concept was almost foreign to him, but if he had any hope of making it through this dance, he would go through with it. “Right…just…uh…let the music move you….”

Once they got to the dance floor, Bull Dozer was barely doing a sway. His hooves were practically cemented to the floor. At the moment, he wanted to draw as little attention to himself as possible. Bull Dozer watched Shanna with a big awkward grin.

Beat Match was elated, she could tell the crowd loved her, so she decided to pull out the secret weapon "Make Some Noise by the Beastie Colts, huh? Let's kick it up a notch!" the mare thought. She put the record on carefully to avoid the incident that happened last time she performed.

She started the song and said "Are you guys to ready to make some noise!?!" *

"

* - The song that she played

Hoss eagerly trotted out on the floor, excited to be with such a great dancer. He smiled "I'll see if I can keep up with you, Jubilee!" as he rose up on his hind legs, fluttering his wings to the beat to make him light on his hooves as he started dancing on the floor.

Meanwhile Shanna squealed happily "All right! Beastie Colts!" as she got out on the floor.

As she got ready to dance, she saw Bull Dozer nearly petrified but gamely swaying to the beat. She moved close to him and spoke close to his ear. "Well at least you've got the beat. That's a start. I..um, guess groundside dancing is as new to you as to me... Lets move to the edge of the floor where it's not crowded and we can learn it together."

She put a wing around his withers so he could not say no, and guided him to the side. Shanna then released the wing from him and reared up before him, with the sweetest smile she could make. "Now put your front hooves to mine, look only at me, and move with me..."

"Beastie Colts! I LOVE THIS GROUP!" Jubilee neighed as her voice squeaked slightly. Hearing the rythemic beat made her move faster, dancing very close to Hoss and maintaining eye contact with him as they moved.

Meanwhile, Mojo was still being 'forced' to dance with Destiny Star, her unicorn magic moving him to match her dance moves.

"I'm going to show this bunch of rudes and hayseeds that I'm the greatest dancer in all of Equestria," the conceited unicorn muttered while continuing to dance.

"Lady, this isn't cool. First of all, I don't like this method of dancing. Second, you're supposed to be working with the caterers now. Third, no offense doll, but you're really not me type of.."

"Shut up, hippie! Like it or not, you're my dance partner for the night."

"I'm beggin' ya to let me go, miss."

"Nothing you can say or do will change my mind!"

"Then ya leave me with no alternative. And believe me, this will be harder on me than it will be on you."

"What are you babbling about," Destiny said as Mojo puckered up his lips and gave the stunned reddish maned unicorn mare a long, long passionate kiss. Mojo's plan worked! The surprise kiss caused Destiny to lose her concentration on her magic so the Paint stallion could escape her unforgiving grip. When the furious mare reached her front hoof up to slap him, Starflower spotted her and used HER magic to freeze her hoof in midair.

"No you don't!" the light blue unicorn neighed sternly. "Mojo didn't want to dance with you, he has better taste than that."

"Thanks, love!" Mojo shouted as he scampered back to his seat at the table.

"You've interfered in my life for the LAST TIME, you old busy body!"

"Ya might wanna have a look around, doll," the Paint pony said as he pointed with his hooves behind her. Now she could see that nearly all of ponies on the dance floor were now staring at her with frowns on their faces.

"Er, I was just on break, everyone. Back to work for me!" Destiny said with a forced, toothy smile as she reached for a nearby cart and began to clear away dirty dishes. It was then that Mojo noticed Saddlesore struggling in the back of the room with the rope that was around his snout.

"Half a mo, pardon me folks," Mojo said as he rushed back to help the angry blue stallion.

Starflower now directed her attention back towards Spirit Flame, hoping she didn't scare the young filly with her use of magic to save her friend from getting clobbered. The kindly nurse unicorn could see that she was a bit uneasy at the moment.

"Are you alright, dear? Is the music bothering you? Can I do anything to make you more comfortable?"

After Mojo freed him, Saddlesore was angrier than ever. He decided to take drastic action. Watching the white apron wearing Destiny beginning to tire, he quickly snuck up and set a sharp tack on a nearby stool before backing away.

"This is hard work," Destiny sighed. "Need to take a break."

When Destiny sat down on the stool.......

"YYYYEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!" she yelled, jumping up so high, her head nearly touched the ceiling. When she landed and started rubbing her pain filled rear, the ponies who had watched it burst into laughter, including Jubilee.

"OH THAT IS FUNNY! THINK SHE GOT THE POINT THAT TIME, HOSS?"

Spirit watched as Starflower used her magic to stop one of the other ponies from hitting another. She was very impressed by this. Starflower was very precise with her magic. Spirit could never be that precise. She lacked control when it came to her magic. If she had tried that she likely would have hurt the pony's arm. Spirit stared ahead blankly impressed by the display.

Starflower asked Spirit some question then. She seemed concerned. Spirit tilted her head as she answered the questions.

"I'm fine. The music is loud, but I'm getting used to it..." Spirit spoke in a quiet voice as she tried to in turn answer all the questions. "I don't know."

Big Time noticed the amount of activity on the dance floor, he also noticed the line for tickets died down significantly. That must’ve meant almost everypony in the party had their raffle tickets. For now, though, Big Time sat back and enjoyed his meal. He figured he’d let two more songs go by before he had the DJ draw the raffle tickets.

Bull Dozer almost spoke up against Shanna, but he was forced to the side of the dance floor before he could say anything in protest. Once they were in the less crowded area, the brown earth-pony saw her rear up and listened to her instructions.

When she said for them to touch hooves, Bull Dozer suddenly realized that dancing was a lot more intimate than he originally thought. It all just looked like a bunch of random steps and the flailing of hooves, to the buff stallion, with no real pattern or method.

However it was done, he was glad that Shanna was being a little patient with him. Bull Dozer normally didn’t go to parties, and even if he did the LAST thing he would do is dance. With her teaching him how to ‘let the music move him’, he was sure he could learn it eventually.

Bull Dozer rose to his hind legs and touched his hooves to Shanna’s. As he did so, he made sure to lock his hazel eyes with her blue eyes. The brown stallion chuckled and blushed a little. “…you sure have pretty eyes, Ms. Skybright…” After his comment, Bull Dozer started to move with her to the best of his ability.

Beat just got finished playing the Beastie Colts when this young filly ran up to her and said "Somepony told me to tell you that your friend DJ Mehdi died." and the filly left "M- Mehdi!?!?" The mare thought, Mehdi was one of her best friends when she was a mare and became a much more popular DJ than her when they grew up, "Whoa, Mehdi, I will not ponies forget about you!" Beat said. The black mare slowly put on a new record, walked up to the microphone and said "K, Everypony, the next song is dedicated to and made by my old friend, DJ Mehdi, Rest in Beats, Old Buddy!"

Hoss neighed happily as he dances with Jubilee, keeping his eyes on hers as his tongue stumbled on itself a little. "This is the best party ever, dancing with you. I..um, y-your eyes are as bright as the grass on the shores of the Nimbusgate lakes."

He only looked away for a moment when the DJ dedicated the song to a late friend. He slowed his dance down a little and asked Jubilee. "Do we keep dancing to show he's still moving ponies? Have you heard of him?"

Off to the side of the dance floor, Shanna barely heard anything beyond the driving beats echoing her heartbeat, and the stallion before her. She could not have noticed a riot taking place after what he said.

Shanna blushed a lovely plum across her cheeks at the compliment as she kept looking up into his eyes "T-thank you. Y-your eyes are attractive too."

She tapped her right hind hoof with the beat, then stepped to that side, leading him with her one step, she swished her hips and tail to the right, then back the other way a step, finding herself getting caught up in moving to the beat and cuing him with her hooves when to move.

Soon, her ears perked and she smiled at him as she realized she had stopped cuing him and they were still moving. She whispered "You are doing fantastic, Bull Dozer."

"I do know this song, and we should dance to it," Jubilee insisted, "do my eyes REALLY look like bright grass?"

A smile came upon the blonde Pegasus mare's face as she continued to dance with Hoss. Back at the table, Mojo was now sitting near Starflower and Spirit Flame. The taller light blue unicorn looked over at the younger mare.

"That's one common characteristic of parties, loud music. Dancing is common at parties as well, would you like to try it, Spirit Flame?"

"If ya wanna dance, miss, I'd gladly dance with you!" Mojo added with a friendly smile.

Meanwhile, Destiny Star continued working, even as her twice punctured flanks ached.

"I KNOW those do-going weirdos are responsible for this," the reddish maned unicorn snarled. "I'll find a way to get back at them all before this night's over with!"

"Hay lady! Look at all those dirty dishes over there!" Saddlesore grumbled. "Better hop to it, long legs!"

"I'll give YOU long legs!" Destiny shouted as she reared her back legs up ready to kick the grumpy blue stallion TO THE MOON! Saddlesore ducked as the tall unicorn 'bucked', striking her hooves on the back of a full cart of dirty dishes that shot off like a rocket towards the swinging doors into the kitchen before the sounds of loud crashing was heard in the background.

"Sucks to be you now, Destiny STOOP!" Saddlesore laughed.

"Dancing?" Spirit started. She was familiar with the concept. It was the act of moving rhythmically to music, or at least that's how her books described it. Spirit really had never done it before though. She was curious to maybe learn something new though.

"I've never danced before," said Spirit shyly. "I'm not sure I know how."

Big Time continued pony-watching. However, there was one pony in particular that caught his attention. A certain brown stallion that was somewhat away from the crowd of ponies.

Big Time furrowed his eyebrows as he concentrated, but before he could think twice about the earth pony, a caterer approached him and drew his attention.

“Mr. Big Time!” exclaimed the clearly annoyed caterer, “we simply CANNOT work with that poofy-headed, clumsy, pain-in-the-flank mare!”

“Oh come on now, she isn’t that bad is she?” Big Time reasoned, he didn’t want to remove her from the party a second time.

“Ask that to the kitchen staff.”

The talent agent sighed and nodded his head, “alright…how about I keep her busy.” He tried ignoring her, he tried removing her, and he even tried employing her, but nothing seemed to work with this mare. Now, Big Time knew that he may have to take one for the team and keep her company until the party was over. Since she seemed so eager to try and impress the flashy Pegasus, he figured if he were there to help her mind her manners, maybe THEN she would learn to behave.

Big Time reluctantly approached Destiny Star. “Excuse me, ma’am…it seems you are having trouble…uh…not causing trouble…” Now, Big Time gulped. In his mind, it was like he was going to babysit a full grown mare, although he KNEW she would probably misinterpret it as a date, “…do you need somepony to keep you company for the rest of the party?”

Bull Dozer chuckled again. It wasn’t until she mentioned that he was doing well, that he even realized he was still dancing. Looking at her had gotten him so lost that he didn’t know what his body was doing.

With a smile, Bull Dozer continued to dance with Shanna. No doubt she was much better than him, but the brown stallion preferred it that way. The large earth pony only wanted to be good enough that he could dance with her.

“…that’s because I have such a lovely teacher,” Bull Dozer said in response to Shanna’s compliment. His smile turned to more of a smirk when he saw the blush on her cheeks, and how she stuttered. The entranced male moved his head downward and nuzzled his dance partner gently while moving with her. Bull Dozer kept his muzzle by her ear, caressing his cheek to hers, and spoke in his usual deep tone. “I sure am glad I met you tonight, Ms. Skybright….”

Hoss smiled at Jubilee as he danced with her, his heart was racing as he kept his eyes locked on hers "yes, as lusterous as that grass last spring when my family had a picnic."

The music suddenly changed beat and the Dj dedicated it to the couples out there.

Hoss twitched his ears happily as he looked at Jubilee, thinking * One can only hope.. * as he shook his tail to the music, dancing with the pretty pegasus.

Meanwhile, across the floor, Shanna's heart was also racing as Bull Dozer replied “…that’s because I have such a lovely teacher,”

She shivered pleasently as Bull Dozer nuzzled up to her.

Shanna upped the pace of the dance to the music as she heard the dedication to the couples. He spoke to her ear in a deep tone that sent anoher pleasent shiver through her. “I sure am glad I met you tonight, Ms. Skybright….”

Her wings snapped open and trembled, making her blush and giggle as she smoothed them back down. She felt like she was melting into a warm puddle listening to that voice by her ear. "Sorry, I feel just like I'm flying, even with my hooves on the ground. I am just as glad to have met you too. Perhaps we should meet more often?..." She asked with a shy smile.

Destiny Star couldn't believe what she had just heard. After the horrible night she'd been having, here was one of the biggest talent agents in all of Equestria asking her to hang out with him! Had her luck finally changed for the good?

"Oh yes, YES of course Mr. Big Time!" the tall unicorn neighed, throwing off her white apron and hat as she galloped up to the blue stallion. "I would be proud to spend time with you, and while we're on the subject, let me tell you all about MY fabulous career in entertainment."

Back at the table, Starflower smiled as she and Mojo spoke to Spirit Flame.

"Dancing is a part of tonight's entertainment. You don't have to dance if you don't want to. I'll stay here and keep you company if you like."

"And so will I, miss. After being forced to dance with that crazy unicorn mare, I've had me fill of dancin' for the night, that's for true."

On the dance floor, Jubilee was living a dream! Dancing with a handsome Pegasus stud!

"You say the sweetest things, Hoss," Jubilee said softly, looking deeply into Hoss's eyes as the two continued dancing.

Meanwhile, Saddlesore stopped eating long enough to begin to move with the music. Now he was out on the dance floor alone, proving how clumsy he is by colliding with several couples.

"HAY! Get outta my way! Go dance somewhere else," the grumpy blue stallion muttered as he continued his weird, crazy dance.

"O-okay..." Spirit meekly replied, kind of disappointed she wasn't going to learn about dancing but at the same time somehow relieved to avoid any awkwardness that might have arisen.

She looked at the stallion who sat with them. He talked kind of strangely. Spirit didn't really know what to make of him, so she just stared for a while.

“I would love to hear all about it…”

Though not visible, Big Time rolled his eyes at Destiny Star’s remark. He knew he was going to regret making this offer. However he smiled and nodded, listening to the red-maned mare talk. No matter how much he regretted it, her talking was better than her bothering the other ponies at the party.

Before Destiny started talking, though, Big Time had some business to take care of. “…right after I deal with the raffle. I’ll be happy to hear all about you and your talent…”

The blue Pegasus walked over to a bucket filled with raffle tickets and picked it up with his mouth. He trotted up the stage to Beat Match and set the bucket down next to her. He smiled to the DJ, “let’s go ahead and do the raffle now, if you’re not too busy…um…being groovy, or whatever the popular ponies say these days.”

The music changed and Bull Dozer couldn’t stop himself from blushing when the DJ dedicated the song to all the couples. Since Shanna wanted to continue dancing, he wondered if this meant he and Shanna were a couple now. That thought, however, he decided to keep to himself. Right now, he just focused on keeping up with the pretty Pegasus.

Bull Dozer was startled a little when her wings extended, but smiled and chuckled at her explanation. It made him happy knowing he made her feel like that. He pulled his head back up from next to her ear and looked her in the eyes. When she asked if they should meet more often, Bull Dozer fumbled a little on his words “I-I would…um…I mean, that would be…” Finally, the brown earth-pony took a breath and spoke more clearly, “…I’d love that, Ms. Skybright.”

"Ok, bossman!" Beat said in her most smart-flank tone.

"K, everypony. We're taking a break from the music to do the raffle!"

"The prizes are a T-shirt for 3rd place, 50 bits for 2nd place and for 1st, you have a choice. 100 bits or the choice to party with yours truly during and after the show! Sound good? Cool."

"In third place is Raffle Ticket 0008644"

"In second place is 0008543"

"First place is 0008561!"

"2nd and 3rd go see Big Time to go claim your prize, 1st, you can either go to Big Time for the bits or come see me."

"Now that the boring part's over, Let's party!"

Hoss stays close to Jubilee as he checks his ticket, then neighs eagerly! "I have the 3rd prize ticket." and trots over to Big Time, tail swishing happily. "I know it's a shirt, but how often do I win anything?"

Shanna giggles happily as he looks right into her eyes and says yes. She takes a moment to sit down as the music pauses, Taking a moment to compose herself without falling over.

Before the drawing, she plucks a feather from her wing and hoofs it to him, blushing bright red. "I know its sudden, but this is a small token for you to keep. I dont live in this city, so that means I will come as often as I can for a date."

It takes a moment for her to realize the numbers are about to be called out and checks her ticket. "Well, I guess I only get one prize a day.." she winks at Bull Dozer.