An Old Acquaintance (Closed; PyroBlaze)

dragonofruin

Miles followed silently, making his way into the alley and sitting where Sombra had indicated. He looked at the mirror for a moment or so, hoping that this would work. Partially, at least. Hearing Sombra speak, Miles looked up and nodded to the question. 

“I remember how she used to look, at any rate. Who knows how much or how little she may have changed in this time.” He sighed slightly, looking back down at the mirror. 

Sombra regarded the mirror in silence, vaguely aware of the sliver of Miles' reflection in the edge of it. In theory, it seemed doable, but now that he'd sat down in preparation for what he was about to attempt, the more he thought about it the more difficult it was starting to look. Well, he could always run through each of his ideas and see which one worked, if the scrying spell turned up anything at all. The most they might get would be a blurry mess of colors, with so much about Miles sister not as defined as they'd need her to be to find her after a thousand years.

He licked his lips with a pointed tongue, wetting them before he thought to bring one idea to light. "If you remember what she looks like, then.. or at least as much as you can remember, do you think you'd be able to make yourself look like her? Whether this is a transformation or illusion that you're using as a disguise, whatever the case," the stallion gestured vaguely at Miles' current appearance, "try and see. I can attempt to scry her based on her appearance alone. If that doesn't work, I'll just have to move on to what else I have on my mind."

Miles watched the mirror in silence until Sombra spoke, bringing his gaze to the stallion as he listened. He nodded a bit, remaining silent as he once again brought his sister to the forefront of his mind. After a few more seconds of concentration, the pony form washed away to be replaced with a yokai smaller than Miles, one with a more feminine looking body. 

Picking up the mirror, he looked himself over before nodding and setting the mirror back down. 

“I believe this is correct to how her true form looked back then. As much as I can make it, at any rate.” Miles said, nodding to Sombra. 

He inclined his head and regarded the shift of the equine form into that of a feminine yokai. If he tried to look for them, he could've seen the familial resemblances.

Sombra studied the disguised appearance of Miles' sister, committing her appearance to mind before he finally looked down into the mirror, the curve of his red horn flaring with dark magic that he focused onto its surface. His eyes narrowed, holding the image of the female yokai in his head as he gathered and cast his spell onto the mirror's surface. Hopefully he knew how to do this right; it was something he only tried and toyed with back then just to try and see if he couldn't spy on others during his reign. To keep an eye on the crystal ponies.

The mirror's surface darkened and grew murky reacting to the spell that he cast and powered. Now all he had to do was wait and see if any sign of her surfaced..

[I have no idea if it should work or not, so up to you if you want it to or w/e? o3o]