Hey girls!

Derpy

I discovered this forum through Equestria Daily with all of it's regular MLP updates and amazing OC artwork.

I'm like many of you in that I grew up on MLP in the 80's and have remained a fan ever since (I even have a few G3s). I was really excited when I discovered FiM, because it was like they made the show knowing that some adults might tune in to watch it. =) There is such great writing behind the show, and every pony (even the background ones!) has an endearing personality that makes you want to see more of them. When even adults can find a show like this witty and entertaining, I think it is really a testament to the abilities of the writers/artists working within the G-rated restrictions and limitations. I like MLP: FiM more than any cartoon airing on TV or Cartoon Network right now.

As for me, I'm a California girl in my 20's. I'm a bit young and heart (obviously!) and enjoy watching cartoons and playing waaay too many videogames (I'm mostly an FPS and Steam/PC gamer). I'm a sucker for anything cute (dressup sites like Poupee Girl being my weakness right now) and when it comes to outdoor hobbies I enjoy horseback riding (English -- I only do dressage and I don't like to jump rails). That's about it.

Nice to meet you all!

Awww, your icon!! <333 Derpy is so awesome.

Although there seems to be a high number of dudes here, I actually think it's pretty even. ;) I didn't see many of us girls posting on 4Chan, Ponychan, or FiMChan, orrr....whatever. X3 So it's refreshing to have some gender equality here! It seems like such a nice place.