(Closed) A new old foe... (Icestorm)

Ashton

~~~Frostbite~~~

"Dragons aren't entirely uncommon here in Canterlot. There are many that come as dignitaries or ambassadors. Not all of them have amazing intentions," Frost said in response to the initial comment. When Harle them said something about needing a bottle of whiskey in order to pull off the stunt Frost thought for a moment. "Don't you still have your flask? How much is in it? And don't worry about the jail. I'll have my guards arrest you. Then once your out of sight be like nothing happened," she replied.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Its all about show, I'll leave the hard thinking to you blokes, but I'll handle the theatrics" she said as she went off with the guard to get things arranged

However it was at this point frost would likely notice another figure from the corner of her eye, and if she didn't the wolf-whistle would no doubt draw her attention...

jasper_banner_by_rainbowfoxxie.png

The other dragon was cutting through the same alley, a shopping bag hooked around his wing claw and dangling on his back, he smiled a grin that showed all his fangs "Hey, didn't expect to run into another dragon 'round here" he said, walking closer "I was just running a few errands, was about to stop and get something to eat, would you like to join me? my treat.... I know this nice little place that not only serves gems, but fresh meat" he smashed his open palm into the wall directly in front of frost leaving it inside a noticeable crater as he leaning there casually, white mist drifting lazily from his nostrils "Name's Jasper, how 'bout you?" any normal pony would probably think that the dragon was intimidating them, trying to scare them, or at the very least harassing them, but if frost paid attention or knew anything about dragons, she's very quickly realize this was an attempt at intimidation... it was more seduction... actually a rather mild one by dragon standards too, no doubt he did find frost attractive, but he seemed more casual and friendly than overly romantic... of course if frost wanted she could easily sway it more that way if she said the right words...  

~~~Frostbite~~~

Frostbite nodded even though she doubted that Harle could see her at this point before hearing a wolf whistle behind her. When she turned around, there was another dragon in the alley way. She didn't remember him being there a second ago, but it was an open ended alley. He could have came from anywhere. He greeted her, stating that he hadn't expected to run into another dragon here. Honestly, she wasn't either. She knew a few things about draconic culture from a few endeavors in the volcano during her EPIC days, and whatever she could pick up on in the library. If she was going to be disguised as a dragon, she needed to know how to be a dragon. 

Him asking her to go eat with him though, that was actually just the kind of thing that she needed to pull this off. If she was on a date with this dragon, then her suspects wouldn't be any the wiser. He introduced himself as Jasper and his coloration at least made Frost smile. He wasn't too far from her own coat color when not disguised. "A place that serves meat you say?" she asked with a smile.

"The name's Frostbite, and the reason I'm in Canterlot is because I'm hunting. Not to eat mind you. I'm sure the Canterlot officials would frown upon a dragon eating a pony in general, let alone in the capital. No, the pair that I hunt let their mouths write a contract their flanks couldn't cash. Started insulting and making false accusations about a few friends of mine. They're names are Goldenhoof and Flawless Amethyst. Heard of them at all?" she asked him. "And I could use a nice dinner, so I accept. Tell me what I need to know, I might even throw a bit 'extra' in as well." she said putting her cards on the table. 

As frost spoke she might notice that as soon as she said she was hunting, Jasper's eyes narrowed, though they relaxed when she said it wasn't for food. While he was a dragon and likely didn't value ponies as high as many species, he seemed to not approve of hunting them either... as she wound down, Jasper sighed, rolling his eyes and chuckling a little "You know how dragons, being pure of heart can never tell a lie? You have no idea how many lies I'd love to tell you right now" he teased "But, cursed with not only my dashing good looks but this accursed honesty, I've never heard of them..." Of course the way Jasper said all this seemed to be a joke on some level, given that he was quoting the old fairy tale about dragons being unable to lie... also he didn't seem so egotistical as to call himself 'cursed with dashing good looks'

He laughed a little, unable to maintain the facade "yeah, but no, seriously, never heard of them... I dont really get involved in politics, not nearly smart enough for that.  My friend Iggy might be able to help though, she has all kinds of crazy magic" as he spoke he gently wrapped one of his wings around frost slightly as he lead her down the street towards the tavern in question, which she might be surprised at being in a.... not a "bad" part of town but one that was not the best... and most of the patrons of the establishment were dragons, griffons, hippogryphs, or other creatures that preferred a more carnivorous meal...

~~~Frostbite~~~

The black and blue-taloned dragon walked along the icy blue one next to her as she felt him wrap a wing around her. It was an awkward feeling too say the least. Still, she was a tad bit disappointed to hear that this dragon had never heard of the ponies that she was looking for, staying he stayed out of politics. It was probably for the better. 

When he led her to the tavern in question her eyes lit up. She loved this place. It wasn't too far from where she put up her first store here in town. She wasn't one for the meat dishes to much, but I'm this part of town their salads and everything had the best spices!! Though in the form that she was in, she would be expected to eat a meat dish of sorts. She made a note to just order whatever Jasper ordered. After all, he wouldn't eat anything bad so it'd be fine. "I'll have to meet your friend at some point then, if I haven't found my targets myself yet. As far as the honestly, pure hearted stuff. I can't say I've heard that before, but you looks are plenty good enough to make up for it." she said looking for an empty table. 

Jasper laughed "I was kidding, on both counts, while I wouldn't say I'm the ugliest dragon ever born, there are plenty far bigger than me" he explained as he lead her to a seat "and you wouldn't believe how many times I've heard that 'dragons are pure of heart'  crap... though never from a real creature, Mostly from books" he paused a split second there, quickly adding "Iggy loves to read and often does it aloud so I hear a lot of those nerdy stories from her" 

at this point a waitress came by, a red griffon "whats this? your with one of your own instead of that kirin? something happen to her?"

Jasper rolled his eyes "Iggy and cloudy are still out shopping, they'll probably show up later. whats so strange that I have other friends?"

The waitress chortled and leaned over to frost "watch out for this one, he's a wiseguy"

Jasper just rolled his eyes

"Menus?" she asked, pulling them out of her bag

"bah, you know a dragon like me cant read, I'm too strong and dumb for that"

"yeah, that's why you and the kirin got into an argument about how to pronounce the disk of the week last time"

Jasper winced, realizing his story about being a dig dumb brute just got cracked if not shattered... clearly he has issues admitting his intelligence "Just bring us a ham encrusted with jewels"

The waitress laughed "sure, sure, coming up" she said, fluttering away

"OK, so I *can* read... I know, not very dragon-y..." he sighed, looking a little ashamed

~~~Frostbite~~~

Frostbite couldn't help but let out a slight giggle as she watched the exchange unfold. Clearly he was a regular here. She herself didn't recognize him from her previous visits here but that was a long time ago in of itself. She didn't come here that often once she had made a name for herself with her frozen parlor, and being in of the higher ranking Lunar Guard members, that would attract negative publicity to Luna as well as herself. As it was now, she didn't have to worry about any of that.

When Jasper turned to her and huffed a bit before admitting that he knew how to read, she smiled. "Knowing how to read isn't a bad thing. There's more to life than just being big and strong. If you leave your mind behind for nothing but brawn, then you're missing out on half of the world. So much happens behind the scenes that those who only worry about appearances and force can never see. Knowledge in of itself is power you see, and sometimes that's all the brawn you need," she said with a smile

Jasper smiled, but then started to chuckle a little, though he didn't break his smile, then he shook his head "From the moment I met you I knew you werent like the dragons back home" he sighed "I hate to sound like iggy, but let me explain - there are basically three types of dragons I've come across in my life. There's the dragons who never left home, the ones who left when they were young, and the ones that somehow were taken away before they ever really learned about draconic culture" he sighed "I try to act like a normal dragon; pretend I only just left - you know big dumb violent... honestly kinda foolish and... well..." he sighed "I grew up with just dragons, but when I molted I ended up in equestria... long story, but the short version is a native of this land raised me, so you might say I'm almost a halfbreed - I have a lot of background and mental conditioning telling me how I should act... but... thanks to iggy and, I guess, cloudy too, I've sorta grown beyond it..." he paused "but you... you never grew up in the dragonlands, did you? or you were only there such a short time you probably dont even remember you life there as more than a blur, right?"  he sighed "you know, your lucky, you dont feel the need to conform to idiotic stereotypes, if you get a reason or even a whim to go and learn something you can do it... if you want to talk about something, you just say what your thinking instead of trying to water it down to sound dumb..." he paused "Just asking this makes my brain hurt because of the two conflicting worlds I've lived in but... I know we've only met... but... would... would you like..." he closed his eyes, focusing and gathering his mental strength "wouldyouliketobefriends?" he took a few deep breaths as if he had just run a marathon, and clearly mentally he had "I know... dumb thing to be stressed at asking but... I'm serious... I like you and I think I could learn a lot from an actual dragon that thinks the way you do" he forced a smile, and while it was clearly forced, it was also very clearly genuine. "What d' ya say?"

~~~Frostbite~~~

Frostbite's eyes widened a little bit as Jasper mentioned that she wasn't like other dragons from the Homeland. He went on further to explain that there were three types of dragons. The ones that never left home, the ones that left young and the ones that were taken away before they learned of draconic culture. Frost nodded. He said himself that he likes to pretend that he just left and looked to act all big dumb and violent, but added that a native of this land had raised him so he could almost be considered a half breed. 

Then he turned to her, saying that she never grew up in the dragon lands or if she had was there for such a very short amount of time that everything was a blur. He added that she was lucky because she didn't have to conform to stereotypes. That is wanted to learn something, she could. That is she wanted to talk about something, she could say what's on hey mind without watering it down to sound dumb. Then he said something about asking this made his brain hurt because of the conflicting worlds they grew up in. He then very quickly, asked if she wanted to be his friend and then was hyperventilating like he just finished a long run. 

She nodded to his question, though when he said that he felt that he could learn a lot from an actual dragon that thought like her... It was her turn to stumble a bit. She would have to tell him at some point soon but she couldn't do so here. Instead she just nodded. "I would love to be your friend, but we should wait until we're a little bit more alone before we decide if that's an avenue you want to go down, as everything might not be what they seem," she said dropping a few hints without actually coming out and saying she's disguised.

Jasper looked at her oddly "If This is some joke by Flux or tha tbig-headed rainbow pony, all of us are going to be pissed..." he said, very seriously, but as quickly as he dismissed it, he clearly didn't think that was the case

He glanced both ways and leaned in close "look... whatever it is, dont worry, we've done worse... once when we were in vanhoover, iggy actually......"

"Hey! Go ahead and kiss her dont be shy!" laughed the waitress as she came back

Jasper nearly leapt out of his seat at the shock and steam started coming from his nostrils, no doubt wanting to turn the griffon into a thanksgiving dinner for the interruption

"Aww, wish I'd been a little later... and with a camera!" she laughed, clearly thinking jasper really had been leaning in to kiss frost. "But enough about that" she reached behind her and plopped down two large hams, each one meticulously encrusted with every color of hte rainbow, from large jewels that covered the cut side of the bone, to fine gemdust sprinkled over the whole thing. It really was a masterpiece to a dragon.

Jasper stared at the hams for a moment before turning back to the waitress "oh right, thanks for reminding me why I come here, I was just about to leave..."

the griffon laughed "Whadid I tell ya? he's a real wise-guy! Now you two lovebirds eat up, an' remember we got rooms for rent... no shortest time!" she winked at the two as she left

"and once again that desire to burn this place to the ground starts to grumble... sometimes I dont know if I'm glad iggy instilled so many morals in me or not..." he sighed, taking a large bite, crunching through several gems and into the meat "Dig in, its great, and everything's on iggy's tab so no worries!" he laughed

As they were eating, Frost would get her report from Harle...

"well, Ma'am, we've finished all the main quarters, was mostly a good time, but they didn't take the bait... and that last quarter was... well your guard I think became a hero for supposedly arresting me... none of them trusted me, all of 'em said I paid off the papers or blackmailed them... none of them trusted me in the least, I bet if I'd stuck around too long there would have been a lynching..." harle sighed hard "you dont know how good you have it ma'am, any time you want you can snap your claws and turn into a dragon without a past... every time some bloke talks to me I wonder if he's talking to me or to the idea of a bloodthirsty pirate captain or the idea of a daring adventurer... I never know if a creature really likes me or wants to be my friend or if they just like the history they heard... your really lucky ma'am..." there was a pause before harle concluded "going to check some of the other ares now like the docks, doubt we'll find them but thought I should check in from finishing the main living quarters. 10-4"

~~~Frostbite~~~

Frostbite couldn't help but giggle once again at the interaction between the waitress and Jasper. She also couldn't help but blush a bit when she said that they had rooms for rent as well. Well, b if anything else it would be an easy way to show rather than tell. Then he can make whatever decision he wants to front there, she thought to herself as she saw the ham get placed in front of her. It was quite a sight to behold and it smelled great to get in her dragon form. She didn't remember this smelling like this when she was here before. She was a little hesitant about the gems, mainly because she knew her own teeth couldn't handle it. Guess they were about to put Masquerate's claims to the test here. 

She picked up the leg of ham in one of hey paws and bit down with a crunch, cutting through the gems easily. The flavor was exotic to get and not something that she could compare it to. It wasn't bad, but definitely not something that she'd see herself having daily. She then got her report from Harle. The report took her off guard a bit. Both on the fact that she was sure that would draw their attention out of they were still in Canterlot, and the other from the fact that she hadn't thought about the fact that she had... Basically an escape clause, because of the costume amulet she had. "Got it, keep me posted," she said clearly reaching up into her ear at something.

Shethen have a sultry look it Jasper and smiled. "Well then, if everything is on Iggy's tab, why don't we get one of those rooms then? Then I can much easier show you what I was talking about. Then feel there, I'll let you decide where this friendship goes, if you still wish to engage in it."

Jasper looked surprised but a little excited at the offer, He smiled and opened his mouth to respond, but before he could speak, two more voices joined in

iggy_small.png

"We figured this would be where we'd find you" smiled a kirin, taking a seat on one side of the table

Cloudy_Skies_edit.png

"Oh, hey there, did you find poor dumb jasper wandering around and bring him someplace safe before he got hurt?" Teased the hippogriff

Jasper sighed, looking at his hopefully-new-friend "I'm sorry" he whispered quietly, before turning towards the 'griff "you make such a great first impression, Turkey" he muttered, then cleared his throat "Frost, these are iggy and cloudy. Iggy, Turkey, this is frost"

The two nodded as their names were called

"technically its azure Ignine, but everyone calls me 'iggy' for short" explained the kirin

"and despite all the rude things Jasper's likely called me, I'm Cloudy Skies, nice to meet you" smiled the 'griff

It would likely become clear to ice that these two meant a lot to jasper, though his relationship with each was completely different - having far more respect for Iggy but being more lighthearted with cloudy... there was no doubt this trio had some very complicated and interesting history to bring them all together.

~~~Frostbite~~~

When Jasper's friends showed up it kind of threw a small wrench into her plans but perhaps this could turn out for the better. With more here now, she's could consult his friends on how to best break the news to him that she wasn't actually a dragon. Well, she was, but she wasn't. She couldn't help but smile as he apologized when they came over and started pestering him. It seemed like quite the healthy relationship for them to be able to be as light and jovial.

Frost smiled before replying to the hippogriff. "No actually, he was the one that found me. I was in Canterlot looking for a couple of individuals that had pushed themselves a little bit too far with their slanderous accusations. It was time for them to be held accountable. Alas, it seems that they are either not here, or were expecting my arrival. That being said, it's a pleasure to meet you both. We were just about to get a room, since Jasper here said it was on Iggy's tab. I suppose it would only be fair that the one that's actually paying for this should be able to join us. I'm sure we can get to know each other much better without so many ears listening," she commented, hinting once again that there was more to her than what meets the eye. Literally in her case.

Iggy nodded at most of it then her gaze grew cold as she looked to the male dragon "...jasper..."

He quickly threw his hands up "I never said we would!" he quickly defended, sighing "I know we cant afford things like that" he then muttered under his breath about having to fly here instead of taking the train...

Cloudy shook his head "ok you two, calm down, it didn't happen, lets not start a fight in front of jasper's new friend"

Iggy sighed and closed her eyes, looking away from the dragon, opening them back to look down at the table "I suppose we can still afford to get lunch, I managed to sell some stuff... though with how much jasper's already treated himself it looks like we're going to be left with the cheap sh-"

"Sandwich!" quickly cut in cloudy "the cheep sandwich, good idea iggy"

Iggy was about to make a snarky remark when cloudy started glancing over at frost and back to iggy. she realized what he was implying and sighed "...yes, the sandwich..." she agreed, trying not to make a huge scene in front of jasper's new friend. it was starting to be clear that jasper likely didn't have many friends and these two were working hark not to cause any trouble with this one. given what jasper had said before about trying to act like a dragonlands dragon it made sense that most wouldn't want to deal with him... and very telling that he was willing to open up to frost...

~~~Frostbite~~~

Well then, it seemed her little invitation caused quite the debacle. She has to admit it wasn't quite the answer that she was expecting. She didn't know that they were so bad off that when they mentioned about having to go for the cheap 'sandwich' she lifted a paw. "Nonsense, if you're hungry eat whatever you'd like. I've got plenty a bit to spare. I can even cover the room as well," she said to the group with a playful smile. 

"we'd never put you on the spot like that" said Iggy

"Yeah, there have been times we've even brought our of food, this isn't a problem"

"...at least we're not out hunting squirrels and rabbits..." muttered jasper

"So" said Iggy "Where are you from? Do you live in canterlot or just visiting?"

Jasper sighed "she just said she was here on business"

Iggy and cloudy both looked quite surprised that jasper volunteered the information

"what? you obviously weren't listening when she said it"

The two quickly looked away, trying to pretend that jasper hadn't failed to play dumb and that everything was normal, but from their reactions it was clear that Frost was already having a positive impact on jasper's personality

~~~Frostbite~~~

Frost couldn't help but once again smile, albeit raise a bit of an eyebrow at Jasper when he responded to Iggy's question about where she was from and why she was here. "Indeed I am here on business, but sometimes having a bit of fun makes it easier to take care of the business at hand. After all, when the targets don't know they are being hunted, that is when they are the easiest to catch. At the same point though, I don't consider it putting me on the spot at all. To Tartartus if you think I'm letting any creature go hungry because they can't afford to eat properly. If you're hungry Eat! it'll be on me and it will be fine, I promise," she said with a smile.

So far, this group seemed like an interesting bunch. She took to heart a bit of what Harle had told her and realized that if she ever wanted to, she could have a chance to just get away from everything and take a break where no pony would know who she is. At the same point though, she felt it would be better if she was honest and up front with them at the start than to risk hurting them later. She just needed to figure out the best way to break it to them without dropping her guise in the tavern here. She was still keeping an ear and eye out after all. She had to be ready to leave at a moments notice should the need arise.

As she spoke, cloudy and iggy both eyed her critically, an uneasy glance that made it clear the way she was talking made them suspicious of her "You know, its always best to use the restroom before you eat much to... help digestion... why dont I show you where it is, frost"

"Yeah, I'll go ahead and look over the menu while you two ladies are gone, I'm sure I can find something good" offered Cloudy, likely just to distract Jasper while the kirin lead frost off somewhere they could talk privately...

~~~Frostbite~~~

Well, that worked out in her favor then. Here she was trying to figure out how to get them alone since they weren't talking the bait of the room, and the one named Iggy offered to 'show her the restrooms'. Friday instantly nodded and started following her. Once they were in the bathroom and alone, she sighed. "Finally, someone took the bait... I've been trying to get Jasper to some place private before he made and decisions about friendships or not. I'm not the kind of creature that makes friendship based off of illusions," she commented.

Once the door was shut, iggy glanced around to make sure they were alone, then locked the door.

"Ok, you can cut the crap" she said "I'm not Jasper, and I'm not going to fall for your manipulation" she frowned, looking very stern "I saw your captain swagering around town drunk off her ass and I saw the paper. Your with that pirate Blackclaw, arent you?" thought it didn't sound like a question the way iggy spoke "somone here said something your boss didn't like so you two came here to shut them up for good, right? that's how you creatures opperate." her nostrils were flared and wisps of smoke were occasionally starting to drift from iggy's fur as she started letting all her emotions boil to the surface "I dont know what kind of use you think Jasper would be to your boss's thugs, but I'm not going to let him get mixed up in it, after all the trouble we've had, the last thing we need is the nieve dragon joining a bunch of pirate thugs. So I suggest you and your boss keep away from us..." at this point iggy burst into flames as she went full nirik "I'm not letting your pieces of s--- hurt me and Jade again!" she roared

So now it was clear, sometime in the past Iggy had been hurt by pirates, and presumably somone she cared deeply for since she let the name 'jade' slip out despite having no relevance to the conversation whatsoever it seemed... but that was only half the problem... frost now also had a raging nirik to deal with, which was a major danger on its own!

~~~Frostbite/Ice Storm~~~

The only reaction that Frost had for the most part when the Kirin went on her rant was a exasperated sigh. Clearly she'd been hurt at some point, and the name drop didn't go unnoticed. She'd have to look up the connections with Jade and pirates when she got back to base. "Okay, first off, we aren't here to silence anyone. We're her to prevent a couple of very bad ponies ruin more lives because they continue to get away with making false, socially crippling charges against them. Charges that would lable any creature they come across as highly wanted suspects," Frost said before tapping her amulet. 

When she did, the disguise reverted and she returned to her unicorn form, the spheres in her amulet now broken free and orbiting her to keep the heat from the now emotionally unstable nirik from causing and damage to the surroundings. Her armor glinted and glimmered from the light that was being given of by Iggy. She also dropped the binders of evidence that she had on Golden Hoof and Flawless Amethyst and all of the lives that they had destroyed in pursuit of their nobility. "I won't tolerate that kind of corruption in Equestria. Nobility that tears down others and destroys the lives of others to maintain it is not nobility." 

"That being said, before now, I had no idea who in Tartarus any of you three were. So I can personally guarantee that none of my regiment have done you harm, and if there are and they bare the colors of my armor, then I need to know so I can deal with that. Because as the Commander in Chief of my forces I won't tolerate anyone using my name to torment others. Everything else on the matters are right there in those binders. I know you're going to believe what you wanna believe regardless of what is said, but you seem the intelligent type. I would at least expect you to make an informed decision before basing accusations on emotions and blind rage," she continued.

"As for Jasper, he had no part in my plan. He found my in the alley right after I transformed and asked me to come here. I figured I could kill two birds with one stone. I could learn a little bit more about the culture that I was walking into by taking on the form of a dragon, and it would lower the suspicion of why a dragon was here to begin with. Shoot, the first thing I told Jasper when he asked to be friends was to hold that thought until he found out who I really was. I don't deal with the whole secret relationships or using a disguise to manipulate others into being my friend."

"I would also say that it gave myself more insight to how life is for those that life hadn't been fair to or were less fortunate than most, but when you grow up walking these streets homeless and sleeping under a tree in the park after being abandoned by the family that created you because you weren't good enough and brought a tarnish on their nobility... I think I've learned all I need to know about the misfortunes that life can deal you. The entire reason I founded this organization was to stop this exact thing and to protect Equestria from invasions. Now, I'd appreciate if you showed some b---ing sense and a little bit of respect to the one that is trying to make all of this," she said gesturing around her. "Better," she finishing, never getting above an authoritative tone.

For just a moment as ice began, the flames only intensified, no doubt iggy's less rational mind was thinking this was all a lie, but as she spoke, the flames calmed, in part because iggy was calming and in part from the ice magic that the pony before her was using...

by the end, the flames finally turned to smoke as iggy lost her rage... well smoke and steam... the latter from the tears coming from her eyes and hitting the remnants of the flames or her still hot fur "Jade... they took him... to get back at me..." she said, looking at Ice with very serious, but not accusation eyes "My little brother... when I wouldn't join them, they kidnapped him... I dont know if he's even alive, I've not seen him in years..." 

Now pieces would start to fall together... Iggy didn't trust pirates because they took her little brother, and she was overprotective of jasper because her brain was seeing the dragon as a sort of substitute for jade...

"I'm so sorry, your highness" said iggy, now neiling "I had no idea who you were... please forgive me, princess luna"

It was also clear now that none of iggy's history books had been in color, that she had never met the former princesses, and that the tears were making her eyes very blurry...

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Ice felt the fire strengthen briefly before the magic in her spheres started calming it down. As it did, so did the emotions of nirik, which slowly transitioned back into a Kirin. Well kinda. She went from enraged to sobbing. She spoke of Jade again. The pony in question she said was her little brother that had been taken by a group of pirates to get back at her for something.

When she addressed Ice as Luna, she instantly paused a bit and have a surprised look to the Kirin. "Wait... You... You think I'm... Oh no no no. I mean Princess Luna did train me for all of my combat skills and I was one of her personal guards before she retired... But no, my name is Ice Storm. Frostbite and how I gained the ability to turn into her is a long story... That said... Once I'm finished with this mission here, I would love to get more information about Jade. If there was anyone that would be able to find him, it would be those within my organization. We have ways off getting information most aren't privy to," Ice told her. "One thing I can personally guarantee though, is I'm not here to hurt you Jasper or anyone else. I don't even want to physically hurt my targets if I can about it."

Iggy looked up and stared at ice for a long moment in utter confusion "but... this power... I've never felt anything like it before! Even Princess Twilight doesn't have this kind of aura!"  then her eyes seemed to reconnect with reality as she apparently came to some conclusion about it in her head "I'm sorry I accused you of being in leage with that nefarious pirate, I'm sure you can see how easily the two stories would tie together" she said, laughing a little "blackclaw is probably lucky she didn't run into you or you would have made sure her reign of terror was ended permanently" she didn't directly address her brother, probably because it was a painful subject, but she did smile when ice mentioned looking into the proverbial case.

It would likely suprise both of them when the door was opened by a very concerned dragon and hippogriff... apparently Ice's aura had allerted them something was wrong... as they rushed in though, they had two very different reactions...

"Where's Frost?"

"The guards!"

Iggy though quickly hurried over before either could do anything stupid "wait, wait, its ok, I've been talking with commander storm here"

"you were talking?" asked Jasper

"oh, well sorry we rushed in, didn't mean to inter-"

"Where's frost?!" interrupted jasper

Iggy sighed "She saw her target out the window and had to go after them. She asked me to tell you she had a wonderful time and hopes she sees you again"

"so... she's gone now..." 

"its for the best... you dont want a long-distance relationship like that anyway..."

of course the big question now, was wheather Ice was going to go along with the story, or call iggy out on lieing to jasper...

~~~Ice Storm/Frostbite~~~

"You see, that right there is why I have to stop the ponies that are I've named," she said pulling out the binder all of the false claims made against Harle, including the last one as well as the evidence of her being inside one of her research facilities. It was even time stamped!!! and by time stamped there was a clock in the corner of the room that was in sight of the surveillance team as they were monitoring everything. "Harle's life isn't the only one they've ruined, but several others. If you'll look through all the intel that I managed to pull on everything. The crimes that Harle has been accused of, were only collaborated by two to three individuals and they were always the same ones. By digging just a little bit deeper, I was able to track down manifests. Harle's a ship captain. Every ship has a mane fest log, and every port has a manifest keeping tabs of what comes and what leaves. If you look at the manifests, Harle wasn't any where around any of the facilities that she had been accused of damaging or robbing. Aside from a couple taverns that she got into a fight inside of... those were legit... but that's the only thing she's actually guilty of." Ice Started.

She was going to say more on the matter before Jasper and the hippogriff came into the room. She couldn't remember his name, but she could instantly tell that they had a dislike of guards by his reaction. She also heard Jasper ask about where Frost was and then Iggy interjecting that she was gone. Ice immediately arched an eyebrow before sighing. She understood why, but at the same point, she was an honest mare. She had the disguise for dealing with very dangerous, or information sensitive missions that could put Equestria in danger should she fail or somepony find out who she was. This was not that situation, and of any to be okay with informing that to, it would be a group of individuals that one, could be potential friends and allies, and two... even if they were to say anything, no pony would ever believe them of the reputation that Ice Storm already had as a business mare and an elite guard. There was a couple things that she had to straighten up though.

"Firstly," she said looking to the hippogriff. "I am a guard, but I'm not that kind of guard. While I do have the authority to make arrests for... what honestly amounts to as petty crimes... I really don't give a horse's flank about them. As long as what you're doing isn't jeopardizing the lives of others, or have the possibility of unleashing a plague upon Equestria, then you can do whatever it is you need to do to survive. As long as it stays small. If you have to steal, steal what won't be missed. If you have to fight, fight to disable if possible and then get away. Luna knows I've had to do that enough growing up. I used to be one of Luna's personal Guards, so I do still have a duty to protect the throne, but ultimately... I'm the Commander of an Elite special forces unit protecting the borders and weeding out the political corruption in the nobility so that segments of cities like this in Canterlot, Manehatten, Fillydelphia, can get better funded so that they can be built up and ultimately be a better place for all. For harmony to actually exist for all ponies instead of those that can afford it," Ice said before turning back to Jasper.

"And secondly, while I appreciate the cover up and the out... I am an honest pony, and building a friendship based off of a lie is something that I cannot do," Ice started before tapping her amulet once more. The transition only took a few moments as the costume snaked around her and she became Frostbite once more. "As you can see, I am also Frostbite, and I am both dragon and pony. This isn't just a mere costume, or a spell of illusion," she said steeling herself for a moment before bringing her wing in front of her and then biting down on it with her now sharp fangs enough to where she dug into the flesh a bit, but not enough to be dangerous. Still, the point would be proven as trails of crimson ran down the blue membrane of her wing.

"In this form, I am Frostbite. I am a dragon. I have all of the physical capabilities and compatibilities as if I were naturally born a dragon. It was never my intention to deceive anyone in this triad of this information, but for obvious reasons I couldn't really do this out in the open and risk jeopardizing future endeavors that would have needed Frostbite and only Frostbite to succeed. This is why, when you asked if we could be friends Jasper, that I told you to reserve your judgement. It was also why I was pushing so hard for us to partake in a room so I could tell all three at once rather than one at a time. Because when I make a friend, I make them because of who I am, not what I am. To me, those kinds of bounderies don't exist. We all bleed, we all breath, and we are all sapient. What we are on the outside, matters not." She finished. She remained in this form once more, and planned on doing so for a while, the orbs still orbiting her as they were not inside the amulet before she had transformed again. As it was though, this was probably the last time that she would be able to transform today, so once she reverted back, that would be that until tomorrow. She didn't want to completely exhaust the transmutation magic on the amulet and possible damage it.