New Bonds!

Hello there mates! I seek to extent my roleplaying horizons, and to do that I am seeking to develop three of my characters I am most eager to play right now: Swift Squall(Duh!), Homura Esaka and of course Hou Shuren. To do that U wish to establish new relationships. Without further ado....

Swift Squall:

Apprentice - While he doesn't believe he surpassed his teacher yet in the way of the sword, Swift finally feels confident enough to find student of his own. Preferably non-adult and pony or quilin.

House-staff - Swift has perpetual problem of not having enough hired staff for his enormous estate. As such he is desperate to hire even....very quirky characters.

Personal assistant - Swift is a very busy pony, and his last secratary retired due to getting married. He seeks someone no-nonsense, who also wouldn't be a yes-pony. Species doesn't matter.

Old Acquaintance - Squall used to be sellsword, and thus came to know many mercenaries/ bounty hunters. Perhaps one of the has taken contract on him, or seeks to recruit 'Emerald Flash' for one more job?

Old Foe - Noblepony kicked the butts of numerous bandits, criminals and pirates back in the day! It seems logical that more then one would bear a grudge!

Homura Esaka:

New Friends - This one is no brainer. As a new transfer student Esaka lack any kind of buddies at her new school. Perhaps if she had any, she could come out of that brooding shell she build around herself?

Grandfather - Living legend of Neighponese martial arts, you definitely don't want to get on the lawn of this gramps! Homura absolutely adores him, and wishes to learn more from him. Previously their contact was limited due to her control-freak of the father, but perhaps now they can make up for the lost time?

Mentor/Favorite Teacher - The one teacher in School of Friendship that can show Esaka, that while punching jerks may work, it doesn't have to be only answer.

New Rival - When you marital artist, that want someone near who will motivate you to surpass yourself. But will it be a friendly or ugly kind or rivalry?

Hou Shuren:

No. 1 Henchmen - Sorceress may have countless servants around the globe, but there is the one who is more loyal and competent above all others. More then just the henchmen she or he is Hou's trusted confidant and the closest thing she has to a friend.

Inigo Montoya Expy - Shuren hurt a lot of creatures through the centuries. A LOT of creatures. One of them survived sorceress monstrous deeds, and this avenger will not rest until he/she have her revenge.

The Other of Seven - Hou is member of Seven Shadows - a council of powerful dark magic users dedicated to advance their craft, and ensure is survives in the world. Those enigmatic figures are one of the few that she treats as her equals. With the forces of darkness in the defensive, only by sticking together they can push against the tyranny of light. Not all seats are taken at he moment, which gives the chance for young warlock/witch a chance to join his exclusive club.

While those is ideas that I came up with for now, I am more then willing to try other things! So feel free to surprise me with some of your own! Wherever here or thorough PM, I am always listening.

I know they’ve met already, with iffy results, but there’s my Neighponese student at the school for Homura. 

I’ve got various characters around Ponyville too, but she’s the only one involved with the school itself. 

Pyro might make for a good apprentice. He’d jump at the chance to learn how to better protect the stuff he cares about. 

Magnus might be good to meet up with Swift or Hou, he’s not above playing either side of it gets him what he wants. Him or Phobos, though he’d only at most pretend to be evil to try and take a group down from within. 

• 1 month later...

Hm, you know, I'd like it at some point if Feng and Homura were able to spar; I haven't shown off his martial arts training, and depending on how the match goes, Esaka could view him as a rival... or add to his list of unrequited crushes.

On a more serious note, Blueblood/Bluebelle is likely to have known Homura's father, or at least met him in a diplomatic context, and so would perhaps take an interest in her learning more subtle methods of dealing with problems than a hoof to the face.

I somehow missed this...in order:

@SteelEagle

In regards to staff I have few ideas. For example Squall really, really wants to become a better future spouse - which includes desire to learn to cook. And it's one of the things that he has no talent with. At all.

He is also quite the Neighponesphile, and with his mansion commons he has enough place to put a whole garden and a castle in this style. Which he planned for a long time.

Squallcoast manor is also old. It hides some secrets that even Swift doesn't know off....and some that he doesn't want others to know off.

As of being his assistant - Swift travels a lot, and this tends to come with...accidents and excitement. He crashed twice so far in his business-pony career, and they were attempted kidnappings. He's also a very generous boss, willing to help his employees in more.....personal ways then just giving them a bonus or a raise.

@PrinceBlueblood

I love the idea, although I wouldn't call that 'crushes'. Probably add him to list of ponies that she's fan off (and imprint desire to know more about kung fu...because this is yet another chapter of it vs karate). Keep in mind she's also a street brawler, so she's has about zero knowledge about...ah...an etiquette when it comes to proper spar.

I am also all behind her meeting Blue....although I wonder is he/she has to deal with issues of hot-blood incarnate....

Well, to be fair, Feng's as familiar with informal as well as formal martial arts, which might be fun to explore in a spar thread.

And Blue has had close relations with several ponies of a martial character, both fervent and stoic, so this shouldn't be an impossible challenge for them.

We could always do stuff with Hou and Dox now. Or Magnus. 

Or maybe Homura could meet her prince somewhere. Ishi’s a nice guy. As for sparring, I’ve got a few characters comfortable and familiar with fighting without weapons, like my hippogriff Vera.