Age of Colossi (Pyroblaze)(semi-closed, PM to join)

Ashton

Did somepony convert the nice cumulus clouds to stormclouds during the night? She didn't remember a storm being scheduled, and even if one was planned it sure sure wasn't planned to be in her bedroom!

The last thing that she would remember was going to bed, but as her mind slowly transitioned back to wakefulness, the first thing she would notice is she was lying in muddy, shallow, water. Overhead were dark grey clouds, if she looked quick enough she might see a flash of blue lightning, but it was only once or twice and the storm began to fade, leaving behind a gentle drizzle in its wake.

The area nearby was a swamp, though thankfully there didn't seem to be any wildlife nearby... she would look east and see the ocean... but that ocean... it felt... wrong... something about the black water made her fur crawl and every alarm in her head ring... but in that sea, some ways off from the land, she would see a castle, it stood tall and proud, powerful, reaching into the stormy clouds above, casting a shadow all its own, despite where the waning sun cast its light.

The other direction she would see trees, a forest, this didn't give her as dark a vibe as the ocean did, but even from here she could hear and almost see wild animals... and they didn't seem too welcoming...

While she was taking in the scenery she would hear a distant sound, that of a motor... and from that island with the castle, a speck was speeding towards her... the black waves parting on either side from the speed, leaving an impressive wake...

So the questions were, where she was, and more importantly, would she stand her ground against the unknown from the island or run into the forest and face the wildlife?

Dash was, understandably, very confused as to what was happening, and she was mostly worried about her friends back home. Hopefully whatever dumped her out here left them alone. Looking around as the boat made it's way over, she eventually decided to just stand her ground and see what was coming from the castle. She was confident she could outrun it if it ended up being something bad.

The black spec was nearing and if dash looked hard enough she could make out some strange machine with what looked like a pony riding it, both the pony's outfit, which seemed to be a form-fitting bodysuit and helmet, and the machine itself were black with accents of gray and neon green. The machine got near and just as it hit the beach, the pony on back leapt into the air, her wings fluttering gently so she landed without disturbing a single leaf.

"So the great Alchemist finally returns, without Darkstar- I mean Nova... Mid wont be happy about that, but I'm sure she and Luna will both be glad to see you survived" The words sounded familiar, in fact it almost sounded like fluttershy's voice. However this pony... she was far slimmer than fluttershy, to say she was extremely thin would be an understatement, looking at this pony even with the skintight suit on would make most scream at her 'eat something before you starve to death!' it was a miracle that her body could move at all much less perform acrobatics like she did when she arrived.

The pony looked at Dash expectantly, waiting for a response as if she knew her fairly well....

Dash was impressed by the acrobatics at first, enough that she didn’t really register what was said until a few moments later. Blinking in confusion, she tilted her head at the other pony. 

“Alchemy? Sounds like whoever you think I am was a cool pony, but I have no idea what you’re talking about. Sorry to disappoint.” She said, shrugging to herself. “You sound familiar though, have we met?”

"Is this some kind of joke, or did you bump your head?" but then she locked eyes with Dash and after a moment took a step back "...those eyes... they're not the eyes of a pony who... and your wings..." she paused, sighing and sitting down hard in defeat "I-I'm sorry, I mistook you for another rainbow dash, as did my queen, Luna. Ever since the Alchemist's disappearance... Mid has been... well... severely depressed. My queen thought you were Rad, finally returning and perhaps Mid's spirits would be raised, even a little..."

after a moment she commented "If we met, it was in your world and it was not me, I am Orchid, There is probably a pony in your world much like me" she explained, but did not take off the helmet. "I'm afraid your now in a world similar, but very different to your own."

Another Rainbow? What did that mean? And Luna was queen? When did that happen? Really, she was left feeling even more confused than before. And then introductions came around and another big things was dropped. Different worlds? Well, that explained the multiple Dashes, she supposed. Twi mentioned something about a different world once, right? She hadn’t been paying that close attention...

”Oh... well, again, sorry to disappoint you, I hope you find your friend. Maybe you can help me figure out how to get back to mine? Also, nice to meet ya, Orchid. The name doesn’t sound familiar, but it’s a different world I guess, so anything goes.” She chuckled, shrugging slightly. Dash wasn’t entirely sure she believed that story yet, but there was no reason to ignore it right now. 

"The only one I know who has power like that is Storm, he is likely the one who drug you here, and if he finds you, he will use you to destroy it." explained Orchid "My queen, Luna, may be able to help you, while I have never heard of her crossing worlds, her powers are vast and she may be of use. Please, come with me" with that she stood and began walking towards the machine again, climbing atop it and leaving enough room for Dash to climb on behind her.

Great, more unfamiliar names, just what she needed right now. Dash sighed, rubbing her temple with a hoof. “Yeah, lets go see Luna.” She said, looking over at the machine briefly before climbing in. “Why not just fly there?”

"Lets just say it would end with you drowning... over and over and over..." said Orchid sinisterly as they sped off towards the island.

Indeed as the got nearer and nearer, the water turned more and more dark, tendrils of it seeming to be reaching up as if to grab Rainbow, and not only that, as they neared she would start to feel sick, as if she was coming down with a nasty cold... yeah, flying would have been a bad idea.

Orchid opened a compartment and pulled out a pendant "put this on" she said, passing the strange amulet with a lightly pulsating gray stone in it. "It will protect you from the dark magic of the island for now. It wont last long though, a couple days at most"

and indeed if Dash put the amulet on, she would immediately start feeling better and the ill feelings fade back to normal.

The island itself was now coming into view, large Gothic buildings, mostly with a near monochrome palate of blacks and grays with only brief splashes of color. The jagged and pointy architecture looming dangerously as if the buildings themselves wanted nothing more than to kill every creature on the island... and reaching far into the sky, almost as high as the clouds, was the massive black castle... no doubt Luna's domicile.