Age of Colossi (knightofthesun)(semi-closed, PM to join)

Ashton

Morgan decides to focus more on outweighing his own weaknesses...so he decides to pick the opposite of himself

"Ah could use a bit of help with the information gathering so ah could use one of those kinds of ai. As fer heads up displays,ahm good but ah think I might head to the armory to purchase some weaponry....though ah'll be careful how much ah spend"

he gives a cheeky chuckle as the ai would probably despise Morgan in some way...though with all ais in movie and literature,they usually do have some form of "ponimanity" or something.

"An as fer the boots...ah think ah can handle a bulky pair of boots if ah can hold the shield breaker" one could notice that the sword had some sort of northern set of runes,much similar to Vikings ponies an the like...if one were to translate it it would say shield...but the word and rune itself was split in half jaggedly.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Oh the armor will come from our personal armory, so you need not worry about that" explained Zebes "Now, for the AI, they come in different forms - that is they usually visualize using your smartphone's holographic projector or in more secretive times, using the screen or as we mentioned before, a heads-up-display. It is also possible to obtain a robotic body for them to inhabit. However, before we get to that, what kind of animal would you like? It can be anything from a reptile to a bird to a cat"

He thinks about this a bit...he has a few thoughts about this. This would probably be an important decision for later. So many choices so little time. He may regret this later but he would decide on....

"Could ye make it another pony...just curious about it?"

Oh Morgan,you innocent fool...now that Morgan has said that he would then go on to say "Ah just...think that if ahm goin to have a companion it would help me a lot if it were a friendly face rather than an animal but ahm grateful with whatever Ye give me".

he chuckles a bit and whistles a tune while heading down the hall...this is gonna be a long day.

Zebes stroked his beard in thought "I suppose I can make some calls... illegal black market AIs though are hard to come by... I suggest you take a standard AI for now and I can see if any of my contacts have any AI ponies they can move... your lucky the mistress likes you, this is going to be an expensive venture..." he said with a frustrated sigh, clearly not happy about doing this, but willing to help morgan in any way possible.

Morgan shrugs,as if he cannot help it. Well he technically couldn't but he could've just weaseled away by now...but Morgan would help dash with this no matter what...although pony ais being illegal was weird. "Alright then...fer the standard,ah'll just take a goat...although come to think of it,why are pony ai's illegal?."

"Laddy,ah think it's as much a matter she likes me as she needs me fer this task at hand....because this is gonna be a pain in the arse fer everyone involved...but ahm gonna do it"

Boy Morgan sure was optimistic about his chances...sure he could die in this dark age of the future of another realm but to him...this was just another adventure.

Sebas looked suprised at the question but then seemed to remember that morgan was not familiar with this world "the advancement of cybernetics are blurring the line between a pony's digital presence and an AI, so pony AIs specifically were made illegal to help clear the waters and prevent forgeries of living cybernetic ponies" he explained

"Very well, a goat you shall have" he said "Bearnard?"

a small translucent brown bear appeared on Sebas' back, wearing a top hat and monocle, sipping a cup of tea "Yes, sir?"

"Please see to it that we locate a intelligence, goat AI module and have it delivered to our guest"

The bear nodded, standing up on its back legs, manifesting a fancy cane "I shall get to it immediately" he said, hopping off Sebas' back and vanishing

"He likes to make flashy entrances and exits" explained Sebas

Morgan chuckles a bit “Ahve met quite a few who do that...now about this armory ye were talking about?” He would say as he would understand somewhat why they outlawed the pony ai. One could notice he was obviously excited to see weaponry,being a warrior himself. He would follow along while trying not to die from the obvious pun.

"Yes, we shall be there momentarily" said Zebas.

Indeed within a few seconds the lift dinged and opened, revealing a new hallway, this one covered in fake stone "I do apologize for the time it takes to move about the ship, despite its large size, the mistress will not install teleport pads. She kept mumbling something about 'crazy twilight' every time it was mentioned. Apparently something in her past upset her"

As they turned a corner they would hear another voice yelling out "CATCH IT! CATCH IT!"

and indeed a cylindrical robot with a single wheel was speeding towards them.

Zebas dropped down into a combat pose and as the robot neared, his rear leg swung out and caught it, then his front leg slammed down, smashing the automaton into the ground, leaving a large dent and the sound of sparking wires as a few wisps of smoke came out of it.

Zebas returned to a normal position and dusted himself off "My apologies, master morgan, I did not expect for a training drone to have escaped..." he glared down the hallway

a mare in a maid's outfit on the other end laughed awkwardly, blushing "Sorry, sir, I was cleaning it and it accidentally...."

"That is no excuse. Be more careful next time." he kicked the robot "get this cleaned up, we have a guest"

"yes sir! right away!" her horn glowed and she grabbed the robot and hurried off.

Zebas sighed "The mistress has a large staff and despite some of them being... less competent than others, she refuses to fire them, saying they're all like family to her"

“Aye,I ken how that is...one can say something like that is more than family” he walks down the hall and follows zebas

”Ye know fer a butler,yeve got quite the combat experience...I couldn’t have pulled that off in my lifetime” he says as a compliment. He was indeed impressed with the butlers relative flexibility as well as having so many talents at once.

"I'm sure if you trained as much as I have you could pull it off too, I've only been at it for a few centuries" he commented, both brushing off the compliment while also subly making it clear he was aware of his own abilities and perhaps somewhat proud of them

They turned a corner and stood before a massive set of doors at least twenty feet wide and likely twice that tall made of riveted oak with black metal accents, it was quite an imposing sight, even more so given that the hallway was so much smaller than the door could physically fit in, causing it to seem to warp in unnatural ways.

Zebas sighed "turn off the hologram, we dont need to shock and awe him"

the door seemed to quake and swirl like water and faded away, revealing the normal hallway and a normal sized door, though it was still decorated with fake wood and wrought iron, it was clearly metal underneath. The door then slid open.

Inside were walls of weapons ranging from energy pistols to plasma rifles, to survival knives and laser lances. There were also dozens of different suits of armor along another wall. Though all of these were behind glass panels.

Standing on the other side of the door was a yellow mare with broen mane and tail in a labcoat, a clipboard floating in her horn's glow "what will you be needing, Sir?"

"I believe that will be upto our guest, atleast mostly" said Zebes "So, master morgan, do you see anything that catches your eye?"

Morgan would take a look at all the armor on the wall as well as the laser lances "Ahll take one of the shorter laser lances:I'm gonna need something quick but damaging if meh sword isn't gonna cut it." 

Hed then point to one of the heaviest looking armors he could find,since that was the closest he could get to plate mail. Finally,he would point to one of the laser pistols on the wall. He would get curious about one weapon though: a slag rifle (basically this realms equivalent of a shotgun...instead of firing a laser it fires extremely hot pieces of  shrapnel at opponents...a rather dangerous weapon) . Other than tha he would order a helmet with the armor it came on and that would be his weapons list...though he would have to make one specification that "Can the armor be...lightning proofed...I don't want to get it overloaded on accident."

Zebes looked at the scientist

"Well... I could probably work out some form of insulation and grounding for it... but it wouldn't be hard to compromise..." she tapped on the screen a few times "It'll take me a little time, but I think I can work something out"

Zebes nodded "It seems your equipment is in order then, we'll made sure to call you when we have finalized the modifications" he paused "Bearnard?"

The 'posh' mini-Bear reappeared, sitting on Morgan's head this time "Yes, sir?"

"Have you located the AI that master morgan requested?"

"It was a bit of a job, but we have something... How does the chap feel about it having two heads that breathe fire?"

Zebes sighed "I asked for a goat, not a demon"

"That was my comment to them, they're modifying its code, it should be ready after dinner"

Zebes nodded "that will be all then"

"ta-ta" said the bear as he backflipped off Zebes' head and seemed to vanish into the pony's back

"Well, while we wait for your AI to be modified, Would you care to join us for dinner? I'm sure the mistress wouldn't want you embarking on this quest on an empty stomach"

Morgan would would nod,taking that to mean it would be done so he could more likely channel the lightning through the armor rather than his body...it was still a dangerous task to be channeling lightning through your body since it had a tendency of causing....heart problems. When bearnard got done fooling around,Morgan chuckles. 

"Yer ai is as cute as a little bear cub!"

he would jump at the mention of dinner "Oh of course no...ah wouldn't miss a good dinner in the world...tastes so much better than pack rations and the like" Morgan would follow...though he was kind of worried about the future of this venture...hopefully even if the ai was an ass,it would assist him in places he wasn't good at:intell gathering,analysis,and the like....he himself was more the combative type and had all the more reason to need someone who could be that sort of calculating individual at his side...though he'd probably hate it,it would be his best shot a time completing this ornery task.

"So,zebas me lad...wots on the menu tonight?"

At the mention of the AI, he reapeared sitting on Zebas' back, once again sipping that holographic tea "Jolly good, gov, always a pleasure when I can be both pleasing to the eye as well as my services"

Zebes nodded, smiling "to be honest he's based off a stuffed bear I had as a foal many many years ago"

"as for the menu" said Bearnard "we serve food from all around the world to cater to the many different creatures on the ship, whatever you want we can simply make more of, there's pasta, backed potatoes, soup, Fish n' chips -my personal favorite-, rice, eggrolls, bacon, hayburgers, really anything you like. Why dont you tell me what kind of a dinner chap you are and I'm sure we can find something you'll like"

Morgan sort of giggles when zebas mentions the teddy bear part...but it's less to make fun of them and more of "aw what a cute fact" sort of giggle.

"As fer me bein trottish...ah'll probably have a buttered baked potato with fish n'chips"

If one couldn't tell,that was quite a bit of food...though he was a big horse and could probably wrestle a regular sized bear with some ease.

"Oh and ah will have an ale as well...Ye cannae ever go on a journey without gettin a bit of alchohol in yer gut and a sword in yer hand" he gives a bout of laughter that could warm even a grumpy unicorns heart. Though one could notice that he didn't have a tail. Which was surprising given how most ponies kept their tails as to give them balance while his was just completely gone...perhaps asking about it at the dinner table would be entirely appropriate but who knows with ponies. As Morgan follows along he would sort of space out a bit...one couldn't tell he wasn't spacing out given he was looking straight ahead,not even looking at any other pony.

Bearnard nodded "pip-pip, the order has been submitted to the kitchen staff and should be ready by the time we arrive"

Zebas nodded "Thank you, Bearnard"

"Also I couldn't help but notice our guest's unfortunate handicap. I have taken the liberty of colsulting with the good doctor and he said it would be quick and easy, if the gov'ner desires, to install a laytech tail to replace what he has lost, even going so far as to offer the same one he made for the missus's sister"

Zebas sighed "Bearnard, that is a rather personal thing to bring up on the spur of the moment like this. Also I rather doubt master morgan would want a tail that can spell out words and symbols..."

"tut-tut, sir, It is fortunate that you have never experienced such a loss yourself, but I understand it can be quite traumatizing and a laytech replacement would offer not only restored -and enhanced- functionality, but also provide comfort and symbiotic healing"

Zebas sighed "I apologize for Bearnard bringing this up, master morgan, but it seems bearnard is insistent and likely wont let it go until he has an answer"

Morgan seems to blush in embaressment as they would talk about his tail. "A-aye,its fine...though ahd havin another tail would give others chances to take advantage by grabbing it" one could see what probably happened:Morgan was in a fight and was outplayed by someone grabbing his tail...and in an effort to reduce his honor,they cut it with a savage blade...Morgan thought about that day as well being the first time he ever,in how one person put it, "went full berserk". He would walk along side zebas before saying 

"An wot sort of functionalities do Ye speak of?"

he was a bit curiously about tha,thinking of what sort of things he could have for his tail...though had a worry tha it would bite him in the flank in the future.

"Well your main options" explained the bear "color changing, glowing, full diode lighting, allowing you to create patterns, or even prehensile abilities"

Zebas clarified "it would be like a slightly slower and weaker leg, or more literally like a tentacle"

Morgan thinks on it a bit,before saying "S-sure,why not...ah could use an upgrade in this realm. Though ah would like somethin with function rather than simple wee colors an shite"

He would continue walking with zebas,ready to eat dinner and get this mission down to rights done. Doing good doesn't pay itself you know.

"So glad you said that!"

There was a loud noise behind them and a... creature? that would haunt so many creature's worst nightmares descended from the cieling, where it had been hanging upside down int he shadows. It was about the size of a pony, but it was a huge steel spider... but with a flesh-and-fur pony head... that had compound eyes and metalic pincers that seemed to shine with some bodily fluid. before anyone could say anything it had grabbed morgan in its front legs, which had hundreds of tiny robotic 'hairs' on them like normal spiders and held him sd he ran off down the halls, speaking in an almost chattering way "So much to do, so many systems to get installed in you, this is going to take so long, I'm so glad I strung up a snack for later!"

"Doctor Arachnis!" Zebas growled though sounding more annoyed and angry than worried, leaping after them, he moved so fast he seemed to be floating above the ground instead of running, but as he neared the thorax of the insect opened up and Zebas was caught up in a sticky white net, causing him to tumble to the ground, of course the ripping sounds made it clear this would not hold him for long... But the... doctor? was still rattling off things that were scientific, medical, and possibly a little terrifying....

When Morgan was grabbed he'd let out a bit of a yelp but couldn't do much to resist,being firmly in the grasp of the spider. However he still wouldn't attempt to brute strength his way out as he takes both his hooves and attempts to push himself out. The robot would be able to feel a bit of wind blowing towards him as the paladin seemed to resist "NOW HOLD IT THERE,WE NEED TE TALK FIRST SO GIT YER BLOODY LEGS OFF MEH,YE HAD NO PERMISSION TE TOUCH MEH!!"

He seemed particularly disturbed by the spider thing but was trying to free himself nonlethally as he had just met the doctor and he was ponynapped. If the good butler would come,it would surely give him a hand. He may not have all the technological benefits that others had yet but he did hold great strength and power. He wasn't gonna let some mad doctor put him on a table just because he asked a good request. The spider would be able to feel a bit of lightning around the legs he was carrying the pony in,as if to temporarily stun the good doctor.

Indeed the shock did disrupt the doctor's legs and cause him to fall from the ceiling, roll, and smash head-first into a wall, knocking him out.

By now Zebas had gotten free of the web and made his way over to the pair "Serves you right" he snarked, kicking the doctor off the pony "My apologies Master morgan, the mistress's doctor is a bit... eccentric... and overzealous..." he explained, trying to make it sound as benign as possible, despite the obvious fact that the doctor seemed a few fries short of a happy meal...

Morgan would get up and would start to feel bad. “Still,ah shouldn’t ahve made him fall like that” he would pick up the doctor on his back...he couldn’t just leave him here after all. He would seem fairly frightened from the encounter but didn’t particularly show it. “So should we bring him te dinner or should we just leave im be?”

"Dont worry about him, he'll be up and about in no time -unfortunately- and if he's not somepony else will see to him, right now we need to get you to dinner. Its impolite to keep the mistress waiting" he said, very properly... though it was clear he had some distaste for the doctor...

Bearnard appeared on Zebas' back "your just jelous because you cant use lay-tech"

"oh yes, I'm so dissapointed that I cant turn myself into a giant spider-monster, that must be it" muttered Zebes to his AI

Bearnard sighed and just gave Zebes a hug. he was still a hologram with no mass, but the gesture was genuine.

Zebes sighed and after a moment carefully put a hoof around the little bear too. They were clearly close.

“Alright then” Morgan would then say, putting the good doctor down on the floor and patting his head “let’s git goin te dinner...ahm starvin an ahve only eaten K rations fer 2 bloody days” he has a shudder when he mentions the K rations,going with zebes and patting him on the back,ready to eat.