Age of Colossi (knightofthesun)(semi-closed, PM to join)

Ashton

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stepping on the elevator did nothing. It didn't even glow. He would have to use the card to select a floor the same way Orchid had when she had sent him up earlier.

Morgan decides to use he key card. (After 7 seconds of trial and error) and finds out that it used the card. He then has one if those mind blown moments before deciding to select the floor where midnight was at. He'd whistle a tune as he would awai where the elevator took him to. He was fairly worried about what he was gonna do when he finds this parallel being all depressed....or much worse.

Morgan might be shocked when the doors open and he finds another small hallway with only a single door. Apparently when Luna said "midnight's floor" she wasn't beign vague, the warlock had her own floor!

these doors showcased etchings that seemed to depict mid in prior battles, including one impressive one where she was decimating an army with 5 spell circles above her head, though these doors also seemed to have seen a lot more wear, as if a certain horn'd pony had repeatedly banged her head against them and scratched them... probably not entirely on accident...

the hall also seemed to have a more purple tone to it, while still maintaining the 'elegant hotel' decor. There was both a large knocker on the doors as well as a buzzer next to them.

Morgan seemed to sphere surprised about the room factor but would snap his head out of it and take note of the details in here....he wasn't exactly the smart type but he had a good eye for detail when it came down to it. He would trot up to the door in the hallway and would proceed to knock on it."Hello...Miss midnight?" He would say as he knocked, his iron hoof gently rapping (not the singing term) on the door. "Are Ye in there,lassy,we kind of need to talk about somethin"

"Who is it?" asked a familiar voice, when morgan told her who he was, she sighed "Luna sent you didn't she?" she asked, but before morgan could answer there was an audible click and the doors slowly swung inwards.

The room was dark, only enough lights had been turned on to keep from tripping over things on the floor, and there were many. The room had seen better days, looking like there had been a fire or explosion - many objects were scorched along with walls and ceiling in certain areas, it all originated from one place, which had been hastily repaired, clearly some machine had gone amiss somehow. The items though were just haphazardly thrown into boxes, completely disorganized, if morgan looked into the kitchen or bedroom he would see the sink full of unwashed dishes and spilled bits of food or drink on the floor of the kitchen, and the bedroom was unkempt and the bed unmade.

Sitting in the darkest corner, morgan would make out the shape of a pony, a unicorn, curled up in a depressed ball, staring at a photograph. Though it was dark, he could tell this was the same photograph that dash had shown him.  The pony looked vaguely, but distinctly familiar, with purple eyes and a pink stripe in her otherwise black mane and tail. Her fur was the same gray as the other darkponies, and she wore a black jumpsuit with a black cape, trimmed in purple. On the outer edge of her ears were three silver rings, along with two silver studs "snakebites" in her lips. The neck of the jumpsuit was low cut and he could see an amulet hung around her neck. She also wore a silver ring with a moonstone gem set in it, along with several strange runes, around her horn. Despite all the differences, it was clear that this was a Twilight Sparkle.  Though the state of her home spoke volumes about her mental health given what a neat-freak she was usually and how messy the home was right now. She was taking her friends seeming death incredibly hard.

Mid sighed again and glanced at morgan "What do you want? I gave Luna my report on the waterworld incident, you can read it all there" her voice sounded like she would have been crying if she had not long ago run out of tears. Clearly she needed a lot of help.

The knight would walk up to the ball of sadness,seeming to sit down as he would speak,not surprised about her still being quite a nerd...even in this darkest timeline scenario "Ah know about the reports....but those don't mean bollocks sometimes so....ah wanna hear from yer own personal experience" he would sigh a bit as he would look down at the ball of big sad,his bulky frame looking like it could snap a pony in half if given the chance to do so. He'd proceed to speak as he says "Reports are ah'll nice an all but...ah, not the type to rely on some piece of paper...ah want te hear it from Ye yerself...ah was hopin maybe ye had some sort of recollection of what an why"

Mid closed her eyes and sighed hard "Rad showed up in our world a couple months ago and immediately started causing trouble, A wild and crazy rainbow dash that also had crazy magic powers, that got ponies spooked. Nova and I were dispatched to find out if she was dangerous and try to form a peaceful alliance... but it was nothing like that... we ended up becoming close friends. Rad was working for Storm, trying to save our world - dont believe what other ponies tell you, storm is a good creature, he's made his share of mistakes, hell we all have, but he wanted to save this world more than anything else. He sent rad to another world to get a book, an eldritch tome that contained all knowledge - even knowing it would destroy his mind and drive him insane, he didn't care, making Rad promise that once he had spelled out how to save the world and set things in motion that she would kill him so he couldn't hurt others... He even gave her his own sword, the only weapon capable of ending his otherwise immortal life... something about when he died a massive amount of lay would be released because of how powerful he was... which would save our world in the short term while Rad, Dash, and whoever else worked on the plan to save the world in the long-term." she paused a moment, thinking about things "IT got complicated when Rad took her new daughter Scootaloo to the other world, but we all ran with it... she managed to break through Nova's hard exterior and find herself a loving dad..." she choked up a moment, thinking about it, but managed to push it all down "She grew up fast in that world, a lot faster than she would have in this world... she became an adult, found a mate, and even a sort of partner to watch her back... we made a lot of friends in that world... all of them are dead now... Fyre too - Scootaloo's mate" she stopped again, trying to steel herself to finish the abridged version of the story "It turns out the whole reason storm sent us was that whole world was on a time-loop. The universe was going to end for petty and stupid reasons, and we tried to stop it, but failed... Storm tried to pull us back the instant the world ended... but something went wrong.... Rad's wild magic, all the advanced technology that nova and scootaloo had... I dont know... something didn't play nicely with his recall spell. I got thrown from world to world on my way back, even though it was only a couple weeks here, I spent nearly a year away... half of that after losing the ponies most important to me... my mate, my 'sister', my 'niece', hell even a god inside of a hat that was like a REAL mother to me..." she sighed "so much happened there... pirates, robots, six-legged cats, alien technology... my head still spins when I think about it all..."

she reached into her cap and pulled out a different picture. This one still had herself and Rad in it, but Scootaloo was clearly an adult, a shield on her off-hoof, a gauntlet on her right, with a white and blue dragon riding on her back. Next to her was a zebra, leaning against scootaloo, clearly in love with her.  Beside them was a strange large black cat with six legs and strange red runes along his skin, having no fur.  behind them was a white pony with a red mane and mismatched blue and green eyes wearing a black vest, and on the far side of the group were what clearly was another world's version of lightning dust, Soarin, and Spitfire. Dust looked the same, soarin though had white fur, red eyes and wore a suit with a black cape lined in red --- clearly "vampire" attire --, and spitfire had flame marks all over her body but looked remarkably similar to what morgan would have known. Barely in frame was a huge metal hoof and leg, belonging to some statue or robot.

Mid spoke quietly to the picture "they're all dead... all but me... why me... why not rad - she could have saved this world, or Nova who could have found a way to at least save himself using his alien tech... hell Scootaloo had barely been alive, she deserved more time than she had... why was I the one that survived... why..."

Morgan seemed to look at midnight and would decide to give her a pat on the back...before deciding to do something rather interesting "Now now lass...Ye may be wishin fer death or makin yerself worked up over somethin not in yer control....an Ye may be absolutely right about Ye being the one that should've bloody perished. I say this however....fate has somethin in store fer Ye." He sits down next to midnight. "Now we can go on becomin a display of tears,we can decide to throw in the bloody towel, we can make up excuses an spend the rest of our lives sayin should've,would've,and could've" he then slams a hoof in the ground "But ah say this...Ye are better than that...Ye are midnight,warlock an perhaps one of the bloody smartest people in this entire castle...Ye may get knocked down,but bloody 'ell yer gonna bit up again...because what would yer friends do...what would yer friends bloody do if they were in yer scenario...ah mean look at me...ahm an earth pony who tried to catch the sun-"he stops before speaking again "-but was afraid te ever actually do it...if yer alive ere an now,then ye still got bloody purpose in this world...yer destiny and the destiny of those with Ye does not end at that incident...because yer alive,there's a chance others are as well..."

When he patted her back Morgan would no doubt feel the shape of the batlike wings on the pony's back. No wonder she was feared as so powerful, she was both an alicorn and a dark pony, and who knew what other tricks she had up her sleeve!

At first mid would just not along numbly as morgan spoke, then when he slammed his fist into the ground she somehow managed to crawl back even further into the corner, startled.  She might be all-powerful but she was just  as jumpy as any pony.

She stared at him for a moment "...catch the sun? even if you were a pegasus you would pass out long before you got anywhere near the sun because the atmosphere thins out the higher you go, and even if you surpassed that like the Fallen did, you'd only die by falling into a huge burning ball of fire" yes, typical nerdy twilight, completely missing the fact that morgan was likely not being literal.

Then she paused, thinking aloud "If either nova or rad saw me right now they'd yell at me and beat the snot out of me..." she commented "and none of them would give up... Nova already saw one world die, he wouldn't want to see another, and he's lost so many he cared about he would refuse to lose another... Rad was no different, even though she was younger and never saw a world die... Scootaloo always said she would be the sword that protects others..."

Mid sighed and stood up "Our odds of finding them - any of them - around around 6 out of infinity. How we can find them I dont know. What we can do if we wind them, I dont know. How we can bring them back I dont know. Is this really waht you want, Sir Morgan? Is this really the quest your after?"

Morgan nods "Aye...and with it,will bring a new era to this land" he unfurled his brow and gives allicorn bat a small pat,as if to show he was not a hostile. The allicorn would be able to detect his own power almost immediately by touch,his soul a swirling vortex of rage held in by his own worry and ideals. He wouldn't look to twilight as he says "Besides,ah like meself a good challenge...and those odds certainly seem a challenge." He'd sit down and think a bit before blushing a bit and saying "S-sorry ah scared ye there...ah sometimes get caught in the heat of the moment" he scratches his head and sheepishly grins,his golden eyes bright as he look down at the lass. Did he perhaps succeed in his pep talk?.

Mid sighed "Not much that you can do to this place, an explosion, a fire, and probably mold too now... we should probably leave, your amulet wont last but a day or so, and this isn't exactly a good place to set up a base of operations" she stood up "I dont know why, but for some reason just being around you makes me feel better, like the odds are maybe even as much as 1.031%" she smiled a little, not realizing how nerdy her comment was "Where do you plan to go next? Or would you prefer we simply head to my old lair, its in a lot better shape than this" she said awkwardly

“Have been plannin the talk to this storm fellow...have heard much conflictin info on him as he is regarded by some as a monster an by some as a saint....Something about that methinks that the lads got secrets that he an a few kept secret...after all,as a friend once told me:Secrets are secrets for a reason...especially the ones that are particularly unseemly” He gives a chuckle before saying “But before we go,we should grab orchid. Ahfter all,the more the merrier,right Matilda?” He would say,sitting up and dusting his cloak a bit...the earth pony had a gentle smile on his face.

When dusty spoke, mid's smile faded and she looked down at the floor.

Matilda appeared standing atop a pile of boxes "Oh so now you think your so special you can go orderin' other around?" she asked "Taking that darkpony outa this place for more than a couple days would kill 'er" explained the AI "Native-born darkponies are tied to the essence of this place in a way that even disgraced queen luna cant fix, she cant leave for more than a couple days, double that if she has an amulet opposite of the one she gave or or she'll wither an' die... and let em tell you, she ain't got much witherin' to do, know what I'm sayin'?"

Mid sighed "Your AI is right I'm afraid, as it is orchic has to work around a very tight schedule to make sure she doesnt get sick from being away from the darklands. The reason I can go is... well... I'm not a natural DarkPony" she sighed "Nova turned me not long after we met..."

Morgan seemed to frown as well before stating as he would look to mid "Right then...well,do Ye wanant to come with me,lassy " he sort of gives a look at the ai as she made the witheringly joke,looking back to midnight "Ah know I might be asking a lot to be wanting Ye to come with me but...ah have a feelin that this mess isn't gonna be able to be fixed by justness one bloody pony,regardless of their talents....an the be quite honest,ah have a feelin ahm gonna need yer help given ah em not exactly no starswirl" he gives a chuckle before saying "Now if we are gonna be leavin,ah suggest we start on our way" he would look to Mid as he would say "An honestly,I could care less what a pony is or what's they are....ah donna care fer the color or shape of a pony,ah care about the color of their soul" he seemed to be referring more to that he respected actions and their goals,rather than looks or past faults.

Mid looked at Morgan very strangely "They're all the same color, or colors, or no color... its hard to describe... I guess if its important to you, you can ask luna, she has my soul in a bottle upstairs after she pulled it from the black sea" as rediculous as it sounded, there was no hint of mirth, no joke, mid was being completely serious

Matilda rolled her eyes and made a silent whistle, giving morgan a look of 'did you HAVE to say that?' 

Morgan sort of shrugs to Matilda a bit. He had no idea how to respond or that but would say "Right then,let's go see the queen then...though ah have te say,the sigils and 'elevators' make me mind spin" he openly stating that he was no expert on this realms tech and such but would head toward such the door and would open the door for mid "After ye,lassy" he would say,his mind already racing as This was an adventure with an allicorn.

Mid looked a little surprised and confused but nodded "I dont know exactly what you think you'll find, but if you wish..." she walked towards the door, nodding politely at his opening it for her and proceeded to the magical lift, tapped it with her card and entered, vanishing.

When they arrived Luna was exactly where morgan had last seen her, and gave the tiniest, faintest of smiled "I see you have managed to rouse my warlock from her stupor, I commend you, what do you wish from me now?" she asked

Mid looked at morgan expectantly, hoping he would be able to explain his odd request more clearly to Luna than he had to herself...

Morgan would look to the queen and would speak "Yer majesty,ah was wondering if it was alright with Ye that ah take Midnight with me fer this quest. Ah wouldna want te cause any trouble fer yer highness but ah definitely could use her help fer a task such as this." He gives a sheepish smile "Besides,what's an adventure if yer the only one takin part in it?" He'd give a nervous chuckle as he would look more serious now "In all honesty,ah think she would be vital in this quest...but the decision is up to the two of Ye whether or not she may go"

Luna looked a little surprised "Midnight Sparkle may be my warlock but the world is not in a position where I have need of her specialties right now, she is free to some and go as she pleases and does not need permission from me. I would truthfully encourage her to reach out beyond these lands to perhaps help her recover from the traumatic experiences that were forced upon her by the waterworld incident"

Mid looked a little relieved and less confused, having presumably thought that morgan was wanting to ask the queen something else. She nodded "If that is my queen's wishes, I shall travel with and assist Sir morgan of another world" she sighed, closing her eyes, when they opened they were black with silver slitted pupils "And this time  I will not fail..." she said in a voice so evil it sent shivers down even luna's own spine

"Please, midnight, I beg of you, do not try to take responsibility for what happened before, nor anything that happens henceforth, the fault is not yours and should not-"

"It was my fault. If I'd been stronger or faster, or read the warning signs I see now, I could have saved them all. I wont let it happen again"

Luna sighed "I see you have made up your mind midnight, do as you wish, now if I may I would like to speak with sir morgan of another world in private before you head off"

"Of course, my liege" said mid, bowing and exiting the room

Luna sighed, showing the most emotion she had since morgan had met her "you have done much to help Midnight, but I regrettably must ask you to do more. Please, try to convince her to release this pain, else she follow paths even darker than the one I foolishly tred years ago. Her abilities have brought the gaze of powerful beings upon her, beings that make nightmare moon seem like a foal throwing a toy on the ground... If you wish to take her with you, and to help her, I beg of you, please, keep her safe... not from monsters, not even from the dreaded tax collectors... but from herself... she needs that more than ever right now"

Morgan seemed to nod in understanding...he once had a friend who had fallen to dark power as well. Power that had twisted his body to become more fiendish monster than pony. He'd speak once more "Ah will lassy...Ye can count on that" he wouldn't say with a bow to her. The queen would be able to see that he was serious about helping her,as he would look to her and and say "Ah wish Ye luck in yer endeavors lassy...don't let the risk failure dissuade Ye of her cause" He would say as he gives a gentle smile,holding out a hoof as if to shake her hand or even give a hug. It was less ignorance of the queens status and more to cement this promise. "May your endeavors remain pure and yer cause remain just"

Luna would nod "I can see in your eyes that you understand the risk midnight poses to herself, I hope you are able to resolve that conflict without incident" she seemed to hesitate a moment at the shake, but after the moment accepted it. Still in the awkward place of being both a royal by birthright -and demigod- but a disgraced and fallen ruler. "May the moon's light always shine upon your path" she said in parting.

-----

When Morgan left Midnight was waiting for him "Anything you need to do before we set off? I would like to gather a few things from my apartment just in case we run into trouble, but it wont take more than 3.54 minutes, given everything I could possibly need otherwise is at my other base"

• 2 months later...

"Aye,I think ah will be fine so far but if Ye need anything,I will happily accompany Ye. Bloody hell,ah can probably carry it fer Ye if Ye" he would say with a quiet chuckle,looking down to the batponycorn with a gentle smile. "Ye know,ah have a question te ask Ye before we git on moving...ah know what has happened to dash and jack...but what's happened to pinkie or shy:Ive not seen any signs of their presence in this waking world nor have I heard their names...has something happened to them?"

The warrior seemed to almost gleam as they moved down the hall,golden eyes piercing through the warlock with...almost an air of divinity. As if what they were next to was a shard of some long forgotten deity of light.

Mid let out a sort of dark chortle "No interest in this world's Twilight or Rarity?" she asked, a little cold, but sighed, realizing that she was taking the question a little too personally since she herself was a twilight. "Pinkie has a city of her own down south that is the party capital of the world, sadly things there have gotten out of hoof as a lot of seedier types have used it as a hub for the drug trade since drugs are legal there. Pinkie's own mind seems to have been warped and strained as well, her 'fun police' as almost as terrifying as Storm's Enforcers, Much as it scares me to say it, the fact that Discord lives there is probably making the city safer and more sane that if he weren't.

"As for fluttershy... I really dont know... She went into hiding somewhere. Dash still hears from her occasionally, but that's all I know. My best guess is that she's living deep in the everfree wilds - one of the few places that the modern world cannot touch because of all the wild and dangerous magics there, and equally dangerous creatures and flowers"

As she packed a few things into her saddlebags she finally stopped and let out another sigh, this time deeper "I know you didn't read my report - even queen Luna had to ask me to simplify parts of it... but there were things I did not put into the report... things that might make a difference in your search... There were four other members of that final party that weren't listed... and one of the ones listed I never explained who he truly was..." it was clear that she was ashamed of witholding information from her queen, but she also seemed to have her reasons for it, which no doubt she had thought about for a long time... but the fact she would mention them to Morgan while keeping them secret from Luna said a lot about either how little she trusted Luna, or how little she thought luna would care about the information...

Morgan would seem to take this all in quietly...before seeming to speak up as he thought on all this "Any information Ye may have on this expedition would be...most appreciated" he would say with solemn tone,patting her on the back as he understood somewhat on what she was going through...before speaking up once more "Now please...tell me of these other four in the group...as well as what had happened in that expedition that may have caused such ruckus about this world" Morgan seemed to not really respond to much about pinkie and flutters,given how what had happened was out of his league of expectations but...he would give a simple nod in thanks for having such info. "As fer making a difference in this search...every piece matters in this bloody puzzle...and leavin anything out may not illuminate the whole truth"