The Honor of a New Guard (Pyro, Blueblood's Honor Guards)

Blueblood

Dunnie could see that the new recruit was getting his harsh briefing as expected. Perhaps better than she could. Prince Blueblood was occupied with the large creature, and the Captain was busy roasting the recruit. She slipped away from the group and turned toward the door that she had entered through. With everyone doing their thing, she slipped back out the door so that she could maybe get to her other duties of the house.

• Like 1

Tiger nodded at Star’s words about going to the quartermaster later to get outfitted, and that he could use his own weapon if he wanted to. That was good, it meant he didn’t have to worry about getting used to the weight and the limits of a different spear. He knew what his could do, and he was very much used to the balance of it. 

“Sounds good to me, Ponyville’s a nice place. I helped out with their most recent Winter Wrap-Up, and I’ve been there a few times besides that.” He smiled, responding to Blueblood’s words. His eyes rested on the papers for a few moments before moving to Star and back to Blueblood. “So, what first? Paperwork or the quartermaster stuff?”

• 2 weeks later...

Niilavin rolls his eyes with a groan at Blues remark. He was still regretting that trick he pulled with them it seems. “[The spell may stop me from harming you but nothing says I can’t change you forever in to a sphinx master.]” not that he had a way too do that at all. Or knew where to start. But he was not about too take such teasing laying down! “[Even if that is more of an upgrade then downgrade if you ask me.]” He added with a chuckle. 

Looking back at Star he nodded his head. “Yes, that sound… Good. Need talk more. Help me do better. Pony talk… is… Weird. Like a song spoken.” He explained before watching blue talk about something with… A Ponyville. That is where the master goes to do some work from time to time. Were they moving there? Did not matter, he had too go wherever the master whent. He just hoped it had more open space, this city was not fit for a growing sphinx. Let alone a full sized pride king that he’d be some day.

The impromptu meeting was beginning to break up.  Which was fine, the ceremony was mostly done.  Unfortunately, Tiger Blood wouldn't get much time to settle in.  Truth be told, this would be the last day and night that Blueblood would spend in Canterlot for some time.  Just needed to get all the paperwork done, for the most part, before shelling out the bits to get the movers to work on what needed to be brought down.  Maids could look after the rest.  Speaking of which...

"Well, I think you'd best take care of equipping yourself first, Tiger.  I can do much of the paperwork before you come back, and you'll just have to sign."  Oh Faust, was his new guard literate?  He thought so, but couldn't rightly recall.  Bringing up the question now would likely be embarrassing for the poor fellow, however.

Once Tiger was sent away, The Prince turned his attention back to Niil, waiting until Tiger was safely out of sight before sticking his tongue out at his big kitty.  "[Well, the wings certainly are, I'll give you that.  But you'll have to clear anything major with the mares in my life too, you know.  Otherwise, that will bring harm on me, via relationship.]"  Not that Blue didn't think Niilavin was joking, but it never hurt to make things clear.

"And now!  Sorry to have you on the move so soon after coming back, Star.  Still, Ponyville should give our new household member room to move, and generally be less restrictive of a space altogether.  We're a household that needs room to move as it is, you know?"  He laughed, opening the door to usher those who could fit back inside.  It would be a bit of a day arranging the last of the move alongside a new guard, but the day was still young.  Plenty of time to get things done, then it was off!

(Last post from me; will have an "arrival at Ponyville thread" up soon)