Is there something wrong with me? I think there is! HELP!

Erm, alright, here's my situation: I'll probably be banished, then thrown in a dungeon to the place I'm banished to, but. . . Well, you see. . . It's just that. . . Well, I have found myself, uhh, 'attracted' to some of the ponies (And other variations). I dunno, Twi's nerdiness and intelligence kinda turns me on. I dunno why, she just does. I know, I know, I probably sound ridiculous. I'm sure there are those of you who think I'm somehow trolling by romanticizing our favorite Equestrians. And I've also found myself doing certain. . . *ahem*actions*ahem* to certain *ahem*things*ahem* on the Internet.

And for me, Fluttershy just seems like the perfect partner. So, yeah, there's that too.

Anyway, I just need to know that this isn't absurd. Even though this is. Help! :scream:

hi hi

The ability to abstract is one of the human mind's great tools. I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with fantasy. As you're still able to discern fantasy and reality at the end of the day, I don't see why they have to be mutually exclusive.

You ought never let fantasy create in you a distaste for the real world. You ought never let the real world convince you that it can never be better than what it is.

I am amazed that you would be worried that you are the only one. If it's one thing I know it's that many people find the ponies attractive (myself included). Equestria Daily, Ponibooru, and FiMchan among others remind me of that everyday. At a guess I'd say it's mostly because they have many human qualities. Human intelligence and speech, human mannerisms, and human eyes and expressions. We identify with them and empathise with them. These are attractive qualities to us, regardless of species.

Those bedroom eyes help too

39825%20-%20You_like_what_you_see%20bedroom_eyes%20pinkie_pie%20plot%20sexy.jpg

Also: Remember Rule 34 :smug:

This IS the internet, chances are if you find such and such pony attractive there's always going to be a few other people who'll agree with you and show you aren't alone.

160brrr.png

I..... think I'll just leave this here.... it.... feels a bit awkward for me to be admitting I....... like ponies "that way" and not be a guy....you guys don't mind, right? Maybe I should just stop now and.... *squeaks*

Nothing is weird on the internet! :smug: Just look at me I have a split personality disorder and live my life as a cowboy that likes to dance with the saloon girls and plays ode to joy as I fire my AK-47 in to a pack of birds laughing like a mad man. nothing weird with that at all.

You ain't the only one dude. I would imagine that many Bronies on the net have developed an affection for one or all of the ponies. My self included. I think though that Diego Havoc had the best explanation of why that is. These ponies hold a lot of human characteristics and values that we ourselves hold in the highest regard. We are naturally attracted to individuals with such characteristics because we feel a connection to them. It can also be that perhaps the people you interact with on a daily basis in your life lack these qualities, and therefore we are naturally seeking out those that DO posses them and are drawn to them on a romantic level.

As such, I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling attracted to these ponies. It is a nice fantasy, like Ginger Mint said, to be able to retrieve into every now and then. And, as long as you realize its a fantasy, well, that just makes it more fun because there is freedom in that and anything can happen. Just remember to pull yourself out every now and then and try to enjoy the real things.

I will admit though that the values that I myself hold in the highest regard are perhaps simplistic and "over-rated" by today's standards, but what I value most in an individual is diligence, a can-do attitude, hard work, and above all, honesty. As such, I have no shame in admitting that if I suddenly got turned into a pony this very instant, I would spend the rest of my pony life working hard to win the affections of a certain cowpony.

Yeah, I don't think it's wrong at all. If you were attracted to real life ponies, then maybe that would be a discussion worth having...

But these ponies, I think it's perfectly alright. Really, they're pretty human as it is. Granted, they need to be humanized a little me before I become attracted to them myself, at least in the physical sense. Still, I don't think it's weird when people are attracted to them the way they already are.

being attracted to ponies is not a bad thing,

nore is it to be ashamed of if you "act" upon this instinct from time to time...

however...

it could be worse...

i mean i commit "actions" more often towards "certain" pony pictures then i do anything else

I'm not ashamed of it either

i also have my....share of fantasies...

but of course its normal human behavior to be attracted to the most absurd of things...

i could be crazy for what anyone cares -and people call me it ALL the time-

but i THINK that no matter what you think or feel, its mostly normal for the human(and pony) mind... :halo:

now I'm sitting here,

pondering as to why i just wrote a load about ponies when I'm suppose to be sleeping...

... *lays in bed and day dreams about ponies~*

Well, good to see I haven't been outcasted yet! That's a good sign.

Oh, Dusty, do you mind if I 'sig what you said earlier? I think it's worthy:

"Just look at me I have a split personality disorder and live my life as a cowboy that likes to dance with the saloon girls and plays ode to joy as I fire my AK-47 in to a pack of birds laughing like a mad man."

Also, feel free to add me.

But, the more I think about the point Diego made, I wonder how human-like eyes can contribute to it. Personally, I don't quite understand that. But, that's just me.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. Bedroom eyes.

Edited by ProfKibble