Section 5 - Mountain Pass

Shanna nosed Beach Breaker "Follow me!" and sprinted off toward the barely-there trail past where Gilda had perched knocking down rocks. "She challenged me and that green pegasus personally! I have to try and beat her!"

Without looking to see if the tall stallion was following, she picked her way down the narrow deer path and back onto the road, just past the rocks.

She galloped in a sprint, hoping she would not overdo it and conk out in the next section.

As she rounded a bend, she spotted a path down he mountainside newly carved by a sliding rock shelf, now stopped on the other side of the road, and beside it was Klondike and Lyra. She stopped for a second, panting already. "Klondike! Lyra! Everyone okay?" After they annswer and she sees Klondike is just a little dazed, she pulls a spare bottle of water from her other underwing pouch and psses it to Klondike "Here, this will help! Well, gotta run! Gotta beat that Gilda!"

She dashed off again, now catching sight of Apple Bloom Mojo, And Big Macentosh, with the maple trees in sight beyond...

--------------

Hoss blushes as Louise calls... her "Hossita".

"Ummm, well, I guess my formal name, "Star" will be less confusing while I'm like this, Louise."

Hoss, er Star, Waved at Bramble Rose and Ginger Mint as the trio flew rapidly back toward the start in a straight line.

She spoke to the pair "That purple unicorn needs the cure too. Hopefully before the race is over..."

-----------------

Meanwhile, at their desination...

Madam Bistro nodded, her attention back on the order "Certainly!" and pulled out a smaller urn for her die hard customers. In a moment, she hoofed a cup over to the unicorn "This will certainly perk you up, dearie."

Snails on the other hoof, gasped at the sudden odd feeling and looked around behind him. He squealed and jumped up and down in glee! "Ohmygosh! Ohmygosh! OHMYGOSH! THIS! IS! TOTALLY! AWSOMEEEE!"

He flapped his teal-colored wings happily "Too bad this is temporary, eh? I kinda' wouldnt' mind bein' a prince or somethin'..." He hoped he could be this good at magic someday...

Jumping into the air, he did a few loop-the-loops as he followed Misty Magic. "Hay Professor! H-hay!"