[Canterlot] Great Day to Play[OPEN]

BlindJester

Today seemed to be the perfect day to play a particular instrument in Canterlot's Park. A grey pelted mare with flowing black hair thought that as she packed up her contrabass preparing for a mini concert in the park "It's been quite a while since I played there. The band and I were so busy after the gala we never got to play casually anymore" Octavia sighed as she thought back to magnificent party thrown by Princess Celestia despite how hectically it ended.

Octavia picked up her Contrabass case between her teeth and began to head towards the park. She looked about enjoying the scenery, Celestia's sun blazed beautifully above her head giving off the most relaxing temperature, the clouds were barely visible. Octavia nodded and smiled to the ponies of Canterlot as she passed by them until she finally reached her destination. She sat the case down setting up as she has thousands of times before, putting her bow to the string she began to play a soft tune hoping to lure somepony to come and listen as she played.

This is completely ridiculous. Insane. I'm going to be stuck here forever, and Celestia knows I'd prefer Cloudsdale.

A somewhat dejected Pegasus was dragging himself through the park with these thoughts in his head, his eyes fixed on the map in front of him. He blew out, pushing aside the golden mane covering his eyes. I move in, bring all my things, and then discover the home isn't quite ready. So I get a map and go out walking. Sure, why not? Canterlot is supposed to be the place to be...

Free Aurora hadn't had his morning coffee, and it often reflected badly on him. Heaving an overly dramatic sigh, he sat down just by somepony playing a large musical instument, trying not to dirty his white pelt. Eyeing off the musician, Free absently tapped his hooves on the groumd, trying to pick the pace and time of the tune. At least it took his mind off the whole moving in crisis, and that musician didn't look too bad.

The pegasus held his map out in front, staring over the top of it covertly at the grey pony and her creation of sweet music.

Dazzle Dawn trotted slowly through the park one day, a cheerful smile on her face. It was such a nice day today, she just had to be out to enjoy it. The park was the perfect place to do just that. As she looked around, everything was just so beautiful.

Then something nice entered Dazzle's ear. It was the most lovely of music. It widened Dazzle's smile. She began to canter cheerfully toward the sound, looking for the source. Then, suddenly she saw her. She was a gray earth pony with a black mane. She was playing an upright string instrument. Dazzle was bad at remembering the names of instruments, so she wasn't entirely sure what it was called. It sounded lovely though.

Passing by a pegasus reading a map who sat nearby, she skipped toward the musical mare. "Hi hi!" she started with abundant upbeat cheer. "Your music is really pretty, did you know that?!"

Soft thuds from hooves snapped Octavia out of her musical nirvana, as she liked to call it, she smiled inwardly happy to draw in some ponies with her beautiful melodies. Peeking an eye open she saw a golden maned stallion with a white pelt, he was quite handsome, but he seemed upset about something so she closed her eyes again and began to play a slow yet uplifting beat hoping to raise the stallion's spirit.

"Hi hi! Your music is really pretty, did you know that?"

The sudden greeting startled the grey mare so much that her contrabass made a terribly screechy note. Octavia was furious more so at herself than the young mare who greeted her with a lovely compliment 'One would think after being interrupted by the pink pony at the gala I'd be impervious to such surprises.' she thought wistfully opening her eyes Octavia got a better look at the other mare her bright smile made her grin back happily forgetting her screw up. "Why thank you I've practiced quite a lot to get as well as I have today. I've even played at the grand galloping gala recently" she said this with pride in her voice. Setting her bow back onto the strings as if she was about to play "Now is there a particular song you would like to hear? I don't usually do requests but I think today is a good day to try" she asked loud enough so the stallion could hear as well

Free's ears perked at that. Putting aside the map, he trotted over to the musician and bowed his head. "That was some wonderful music just then, dear lady." he informed her, giving off his winning smile. He nodded with the other mare. "And so I must agree that it is quite 'pretty' ".

He paused, looking to both of them. "Tell me, do you know The Sorrow of the Clipped Pegasus?" he asked the contrabassist. "It's one of my favourite melancholic pieces."

The musical mare responded to Dazzle with a nice smile. This made Dazzle happy.

"Ooh, the Grand Galloping Gala? I've always wanted to go to something like that! I bet it's super fun!" Dazzle cheered eagerly, bobbing her head.

The nearby pegasus then spoke. He requested a song from the mare. Dazzle had never heard of the song, but the pegasus called it "melancholic". That meant sad, didn't it? Dazzle didn't like sad things. They were sad.

"No, you should play something upbeat and cheerful!" Dazzle said, nodding at the mare. "Pretty music like that should be used to make everypony smile not be sad."

(ooc): Enter a new character on the scene

sml_gallery_475_9_11579.jpg

Trotting along the street near the park was a brownish stallion with flowing red mane and tail, His brown vest and hat suggested he was definitely from out-of-town, as did the now empty hay wagon he was hitched to.

"I did it!" Hayseed proudly said to himself, "I make the biggest hay supply run in my whole life! Whoda thunk that so many restaurants and grocery stores in Canterlot needed hay bales and packaged hay fries to sell! Jist wait'll my pappy and momma find out how many bits I made on this here delivery run!"

As the country stallion continued on his way, his ears perked up, listening to the most beautiful music he'd ever heard.

"Whoa!" Hayseed said as he made a sudden stop. "What perty music! Kind of a slow type of fiddle music! I gotta find out who's a playin' that!"

Unhitching himself from his now parked wagon, the happy brown Earth pony galloped into the park and then spotted Octavia playing. Immediately he fell in love, with both the music and the lovely mare playing it!

"YYYEEEEE HHHHHAAAAWWWWWW!" he shouted, waving his hat in the air. "LOVE THAT THAR PERTY MUSIC!"

When the stallion gave her a request she put her bow to the strings once more preparing to play when she was asked to do a more 'upbeat' song. Octavia was slightly confused on what to do, she wanted to please both of her audience members so she decided to do both by playing 'The Sorrow of a clipped Pegasus' in a happier manner but it didn't seem to come out as well as she wished so she went back to the regular notes. Looking at the young mare she smiled again "I'm sorry but this song doesn't sound right if not played within it's normal notes but after this song I'll play something more upbeat I promise"

Octavia finished the first song with a quick bow and started to play a upbeat song like Charlie Colt Brown's theme song tapping her hoof along as she played until a another set of thundering hooves and a loud and out of place "YEE HAW" made her lose concentration but not make her lose her place or how she played. As the next pony approached she thought it was about time to introducing herself "My name is Octavia and what is yours?" she said batting her eyelashes at the golden maned stallion

Free almost rolled his eyes at the country stallion, feeling somewhat embarrassed for the male. But not enough to pity him.

"A pleasure to meet you, Octavia. Your music is almost as entrancing as you are." he smiled, bowing his head to the grey-pelted mare. "My name is Free Aurora, a new arrival to this town. I'm to be a consul here."

He looked left and right at the other ponies gathered, and then gave Octavia a soft, knowing grin.

"Ooh, ooh!" Dazzle perked up, excited to be meeting new ponies. "And I'm Dazzle Dawn. I'm a student at Canterlot University!" She gave a little bounce and nodded her head. "My greatest dream is to someday use my magic to spread happiness throughout all of Equestria!"

"It's so nice to meet you all!" she finally added, cheerfully.

Hayseed was still enchanted by the lovely music and the beautiful mare who had been playing it. As Octavia spoke to the group and gave her name, the Earth pony waited his turn, then took off his hat and began to speak.

"Miss Octavia, my name is Hayseed and I was jist passin' through this wonderful town of yours. I was pullin' my wagon along the way and when I heard your perty music, I had ta unhitch myself and come a-runnin' to see who was a-makin' it! I sure do love the way you play that thar oversized fiddle and if'n ya don't mind me sayin' so, yur the pertyest lady I ever did see! That bow tie yur a-wearin' makes you as cute as a button! Would ya please play some more of that thar slow big fiddle music fer me, please???"

Octavia grinned back at Free as the other ponies introduced themselves and at Hayseed's request she started to play her contrabass once more. "So everypony" she said as she played a beautiful melodic piece "What other matters must you all attend to after I finish my playing or did you ponies planned to listen to me play all day?" Octavia blushed slightly at Hayseed's compliment it was rare when someone complimented her 'outfit' or her appearance. The grey mare started to miss playing with her band mainly the mare she grew close to whose name was Blue, Octavia had hoped she would come here as well especially since she's playing the music from when they first met, she sighed slightly at the memory.

Beauty Brass

Beauty Brass as always wake up very early to see the sunshine. She watched it below window and decided this time to go later to the park than usualy, she smiled to herself as she looked at the sunshine. After some hours of cleaning up home she took her tuba in bag and decided finaly to go to her favorite pack. She moved and whistled to herself while she was going to the park. When she entered to it, she smiled to herself when she saw one of her favorite ponies, and it was from her band! She started to run to make it to get to her and she smiled to her.

Hi there Octavia! Youf finally managed it to get to park, I see You got already some ponies watching You.. Can I join You? How are You? smiled to Octavia and showed that she have her tuba in bag.

Free had to use all the skills he had not to laugh or snort at Hayseed, and his very... straightforward nature.

"That 'oversized fiddle' is a double bass, I believe." he informed Hayseed with a straight face. "Also you shouldn't say prettiest, you should say most beautiful. It's more accurate." he said, loud enough for Octavia to hear.

Then he turned to Dazzle and gave her a wide grin as well. "Pleased to meet you as well. Please, what do you study at the university?" he asked, curiously.

Dazzle turned and smiled brightly at Free Aurora. "I'm studying practical magic theory!" Dazzle said cheerfully. "It's a lot of fun, even if it is hard work some times..." the unicorn gave a long sigh.

Dazzle then noticed the approach of a pony who seemed to have a tuba. She smiled at this new pony. "Ooh! Can you make pretty music too?" she asked, excited.

Hayseed looked over at Free after his comment to him.

"Don't be silly, pal! Bass is somethin' that swims in a creeks! Double bass jist means they is more fishes in duh water!"

Hayseed was so excited, he was jumping for joy! The pretty mare with the 'big fiddle' was going to play more of her entralling music! But then the brown hat wearing stallion noticed another equally enchanting mare walking up to her. Looks like she's a friend of Octavia and a fellow musician too! This was confirmed when he spotted the tuba sticking out of her bag.

"Don't that jist beat all!" he shouted. "Hey new lady! Betcha you and Octavia there could play some jim dandy music togethir! If they's one thing I likes as much as big fiddle music is big horn music! Please play fer us, won't ya?"

Octavia blushed furiously at the comments of her looks it's rare for her to get one comment but two within the same day was astronomical. As the unicorn explained what her studies were the grey mare took that time to tune up her instrument nodding at appropriate times during the conversation, that is until Hayseed explained what a 'double bass' was Octavia couldn't help but snicker at his version. Once more Octavia heard the clip-clop of a new set of hooves she looked over to see it was one of her band mates of best friend Beauty Brass! "Hey Beauty! I'm surprised to see you here." she said cheerfully with a radiant smile upon her muzzle.

Octavia was glad to see Beauty came with her tuba and asked to join in "Of course you're always welcomed to join in just follow my lead" tapping her hoof to the beat playing in her head she began to play a beautifully fast pace song as requested.

Beauty Brass

Beauty looked at all ponies and smiled to them, nodded a bit to Octavia and looked again at other ponies.

Yes, I can do music aswell and I will join my friend Octavia in it! My name is Beauty Brass She smiled to them and was ready to play her tuba, Brass just waited till Octavia will start and then she started to play tuba. Started to play very quiet like she always done while playing with Octavia, music slowly started to be more loud till it came to be loud that they can easilly hear it. Tuba was connecting very good with Octavia instrument, music was fast pace and it was very calm to pony ears.

• 2 weeks later...

Free slumped back and closed his eyes, letting the music wash over his ears, and wash away his worries, at least for the time being. "Two beautiful skilled musicians... ah, you ladies have made my day all the much better." he smiled softly, tapping his hoof in time to the music. "Do you attend parties, I wonder? I was planning to hold one soon, for most of Canterlot... I'm sure some talented musicans would be more than welcome."

Dazzle Dawn tapped her hoof to the music. This song was more fun. it was faster, but also really pretty. It was sure to make anypony smile.

The pony named free suddenly started to talk about a party. Dazzle's eyes went wide. She loved fun things.

"Ooh? A party?!" Dazzle started cheerfully. "I love parties. Can I come too?"

"A party? That sounds like a jim dandy idear!" Hayseed neighed. "I could even help y'all play music!'

Reaching into his saddlebag, the brown earth pony produced a juice harp.

"Listen to this! I kin play along wit the rest of the beautiful mares in duh band!"

Hayseed placed the device into his mouth and started 'twanging it' with his hoof. Soon the air was filled with the familiar twanging of "boing, boiing, boing."

(ooc): Here's what a juice (or jaw) harp sounds like:

Octavia was happy to have her best marefriend here to enjoy the beautiful day and to play music with her made it all the more sweeter. This week audience was rather. . . . . unique but she enjoyed their company nonetheless and when the handsome white stallion spoke of a party she was all for it. "A party sounds great! Just the thing we need right Beauty?" she looked over to the lovely tuba player. Few seconds later she hears a weird twang then sees the country pony dancing about with his hoof to his mouth not seeing the jaw harp. Tilting her head to the side as if that would help her see the practically invisible instrument better she asked "How is it you're making that silly noise Hayseed?"

• 2 weeks later...

Beauty Brass

Beauty smiled to ponies that gathered here while playing her sousaphone, she kinda interested looked at Hayseed what she is playing. When they started to ask question, Brass slowly stopped to play her Sousaphone cause she would have a problems to answer ponies. She looked at Octavia and gave again a smile.

Yes indeed! It sounds really interesting, we definitely need to go to this party. Said Beauty fully being happy, she could come to a party with her best marefriend Octavia, she a bit nodded when Tavia said about silly noise.

I quite agree with Octavia here, what is... I mean, how You make that noise?

Pinstripe decided she would take a trot through the park in hopes of finding some kind of scenery or object to put on a canvas.

I think this park will be capable of providing me with some kind of interesting veiw for me to paint ~ She thought to heself as she entered the large lawn. On her back, she carried a bag. In the bag was her usual art supplies. Omongst the supplies was a small canvas, a paint brush set, and an assortment of paint colors.

She had not gone far before she heard a strange "boinging" sound coming from a group of ponies. She went in for a closer look, and saw somepony with her hoof to her face. This pony seemed to be the one producing the noise.

What is that pony doing to create such a sound? ~ She said with great questioning.

Just then, a young mare, who had been standing next to her, nudged her side.

What she is playing is called a harp. ~ Said the young mare.

This was much confusing to Pinstripe. She had always remembered a harp as to be large and stringy.

This is most interesting... Maybe I could get a good painting of this scene. ~ Said Pinstripe.

With this, she stepped far back to get the full veiw and pulled out her canvas and painting supplies, then set to work.

After a while, the other ponies in the area began to notice her. With curiousity, mopre and more ponies would come up behind

her and watch. Every time Pinstripe would look up, there were less and less ponies to paint.

Soon, the only pony left was the one playing the so called "harp".

Pinstripe was much surprised. Where would thay have gone?

She looked around, and they were all watching her. She began to feel quite akward.

She paused for a long while, and the mare that had nudged her before stepped out and said,

Go ahead, don't mind us!

Well, I kind of need you ponies over there so I can coninue... ~ Said Pinstripe.

Then one by one, the ponies walked back to the feild where the pony playing the harp was.

Hayseed stopped playing as he walked on stage toward Octavia and Beauty Brass.

"Ladies, this here's called a juice harp though some city slickers call it a 'jaw harp'. Been playin' it since I was a little shaver! I'll betcha the three of us could make a lot of perty music together! You with that thar big fiddle and you with the big horn, and me with my good ol' juice harp! What do ya say, ladies?"

Hayseed stood there with a kind, gentle look on his face, he was dead serious about this idea. The brown Earth stallion also liked the idea of being so close to two so lovely and talented fillies!