S02EP02 - "The Return of Harmony, part 2"

I hope I'm welcome to join the discussion since I just re-watched the episode to get my bearings.

Seeing Big Macintosh made me have high hopes for season two, he was so adorable. Also am I the only one that noticed Fluttershy's crying when they were trying to catch RainbowDash that really pushed it off the cuteness scale.

hi hi

That was... intense. Roller-coasters are always hard on me, physical or emotional. Watching Twilight turn grey was really hard. Serious nightmare material there. I know because I had a nightmare about that earlier this week. Watching them fight in the library was heartbreaking. The ease in which they were broken and then mended is kind of unsettling, and I have a feeling that its going to eat at me for a while.

When Twilight was leaving town and ignoring Discord, I half expected him to show a glimmer of pity.

I kind of wondered where Luna was, but when I saw that Celestia had been returning Twilight's friendship reports, I figured that Luna must have been watching her progress and she let Celestia know they were in trouble. Yup, that makes sense to me. :)

• Like 1

"That. Big. Dumb. MEANIE!" :evil:

That amusingly awesome quote aside (and many others as well), I feel that this episode as

well as the first should have been longer. Still though, I'm flabbergasted (in a good way) at how many gags they put in. Meme fountain anyone?

Also, Twilight turning gray like the others after the made six split up was pretty heart wrenching, among a few other blink-and-you'll-miss scenes. Fluttershy durring the chase scene comes to mind too, at least untill she goes all Flutterchase on Rainbow Dash. Like a boss.

Fantastic episode, and I think the pacing was back to good in this episode. Rushed at the end? Eh, the bit after the villain is beaten is always kinda boring anyway.

Biggest disappointment is that the SpEcIaL fAnCy end credits song was cut off by an ad.

Also nopony is having Secret Butt Fun (Concealed Colon Celebrations?) in season 2 it seems.

Big Mac, what in the flying f**king hell are you doing?

Rarity's reactions regarding Tom (lol)

so... Flutterrage/Murdershy is like a sort of super-saiyan evolution thingie? (that. big. Dumb.MEANIE!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: *flies faster*)

Derpy spotted!!

best quote:

"Alright ladies, lets show him what friendship can do!"

"waitwaitwait" (drinking chocolate milk) :lol: and then that dog growl!!

NO BUENO

you use my mother language that badly again, AND I WILL.BE.YOUR.END.

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed. But before I say why, I wanna say that any new FiM episode is a good episode. My least favorite part was the fact that Discord ended up being a very unprepared villain, when the first episode did a good job developing him as a character who thought of everything.

This episode had some funny goofy parts that we'll love and turn into all kinds of references and memes. This episode is freakin' ASKING us to do stuff to it. Every 5 seconds something was going on that we can spin into an internet topic. For the record, I really hope that the show isn't making these moments for the purpose of having it constantly re-memed on the internet. The best internet moments from the show are organic, not pre-assembled. We had chocolate milk rain, DisQord, a Star Wars ending... This episode was asking us to mess with it, and after a while, it got a little annoying.

As for my predictions, they all pretty much went down the tube. I felt it was only to be expected that a 22 minutes episode of My Little Pony would not have as much detail as the suggestion I made for it. I'm with the opinion that this should have been a movie though. The references and jokes in the episode were the best part about it, and I feel that it overshadowed the entire conflict and resolution.

Fortunately, most season 2 episodes wont be two-parters and have villains in them. And while villains are cool, the best episodes of FiM are the ones where everyday sitcom-type trouble occurs between the characters, most of them able to focus more on one or two particular ponies and saving the others spotlights for other episodes.

This episode had some good moments, however. The general character reaction to the elements in the episode were genuine and honest with that character's already established persona. And as long as they act like the characters they're supposed to be, I will always love watching ponies. That is, of course, assuming a menacing evil force isn't unfairly corrupting them.

I look forward to the rest of this season, whenever that is...

My score for episode 27: 7 out of 10

My favorite pony for this episode: Twilight Sparkle (best reactions, as always)

My favorite scene: The Greybow Dash pursuit

Ah, um, I forgot what I was going to say XD

I loved the chaos (I hate typing on the iPad. I can't make the faces I want. Dash kissy face here.)

I was waiting for the scene with Winona like big Mac, but it didn't happen :P

I took too long to write this! My initial reaction is gone D:

Funniest episode so far, but I hope the rest of the episodes don't have as many quotable lines. Episodes like these won't stand out if ALL the episodes are this great.

It didn't feel rushed to me. Maybe if I watched it again I'd notice it. It could do with an extra five or so minutes. The first one would probably need a good seven minutes. I'm glad that we didn't see all the ponies' flashbacks. That would've eaten up a ton of time

And yeah...

Before I was putting off looking for new episode fan art because we didn't know how the episode ended, but now it's time to... Um... Look for it? I don't know how I was going to end that...

I'm kinda disappoint, I mean we know how the rough plotline will go (them rediscovering themselves then rallying) but I felt the episode was rushed hard and they just kept zooming to the end

I'm also pretty sure more airtime was given to them catching Rainbow Dash then them defeating Discord to the point they had to pad it with him weakly levitating them and having Twilight break it up

Alright, finally watched it (yeah, from the guy who makes these threads and puts up the videos, :lol: ).

For me it wasn't a great episode, it was a good episode just not a great one. My major issue is that it felt the whole thing was rushed, especially against such a formidable opponent. This may have been better served as a three parter, I would have loved to see more effort spent on Twilight's realization and trying to bring her friends back. I would have also like to have seen what happened to or why Celestia couldn't do anything. Also no Luna. :P

That all being said there were so many great scenes. The chaos driven Equestria was imaginative and hilarious. Spike had some of the most humorous moments between "too many scrolls" and his substitute Rainbow Dash bit. I also especially enjoyed the humorous character interactions, great lines, and expressive animation during the whole "capture Dash" scene. Oh and of course the very end, you all know what I mean. ;-)

They are going to be sooo many memes! Especially "Fluter*****". :eek::-(:cry:

I was disappointed Discord was re-encased in stone, sure they couldn't have him running around with the power he has, I just wanted a different ending. Also sad the CMC did not appear again given they sparked the whole scenario to begin with.

Questions left in the show: Who/what made the Elements of Harmony? Where did Celestia and Luna come from as it was stated Discord used to rule over Equestria (at least for a little while), where they the previous rulers and Discord displaced them until the Elements were used or did others used to rule Equestria? Did Discord have anything to do with Nightmare Moon? (Seems unlikely).

hi hi

I would also liked to have seen more time spent on Twilight's realization and bringing her friends back. I may have a personal phobia of losing my mind which makes the subject matter difficult for me, but as far as objective issues with the episode, that was probably the only one I can think of. I felt like there should have been a reason why Twilight didn't just zap her friends earlier. Something about her realization should have given her the ability to do it. Maybe some dream sequence scenes where Twilight shows her friends just how important they are to her, or something.

That being said, I can't really say the episode was bad. Discords antics were great, and Spike being Rainbow Dash really was brilliant. (Honestly, he's so loyal to Twilight, one could almost believe he'd pull it off.)

\ I was disappointed Discord was re-encased in stone, sure they couldn't have him running around with the power he has, I just wanted a different ending. Also sad the CMC did not appear again given they sparked the whole scenario to begin with. Questions left in the show: Who/what made the Elements of Harmony? Where did Celestia and Luna come from as it was stated Discord used to rule over Equestria (at least for a little while), where they the previous rulers and Discord displaced them until the Elements were used or did others used to rule Equestria? Did Discord have anything to do with Nightmare Moon? (Seems unlikely).

i think a lot of it stems from the face that this is a "new universe" so a lot of background stuff hasn't been though up yet

reminds me a lot of the 1st few seasons of South Park; plenty of contunity errors

I would like to reiterate the awesome-sauce that came from the pony's personalities after they regained their color. The combination of the voice acting and animation for the character's reaction to things was genuine to their personality. Most episodes have this amazing quality at it remains one of the mane reason I watch this show with so much intent in the first place. Some episodes don't show off the characters very well, but this episode isn't even close to the exception.

Frankly, the episode can have the worst storyline ever. As long as the characters are true and entertaining, the show will always be enjoyable. And the best part of that statement, is that most of the episode plots are awesome.

• Like 3