S02EP02 - "The Return of Harmony, part 2"

I don't know which meme I'm liking so far. Spike as Rainbow Dash? Tom the Rock? Screwball the Derpy 2.0? Big Macintosh the Dog? It's all so delightful. I think the creators may have went all out with the memetastic in this episode. :D

That said I liked the story as well. I've heard complaints it was rushed and elsewhere people have said that the 'friendship defeats evil' message is too cheesy but I enjoyed it. It may have been a bit rushed because there was a lot going on. I could complain... but honestly isn't that a great excuse to watch the episode again? I think probably the only real complaint about it being rushed was how quickly Twilight turned back into her old self. She just reads some letters and 30 seconds later she's playing Jean Grey with everyone's minds. Seriously guys, the ponies are X-Men. How come this hasn't been done yet?

Anyway, it was nice of them not to make Discord good and just restoned him. I liked that part, helped solidify his evilness in my opinion. Discord's just somebody you can't turn good, he's just pure chaos. Nice touch that I'm sure many older fans will appreciate. Just like the almost shot-for-shot parody ending. I am ashamed to say it took me until the second watching to see that. Had me in stitches laughing. Nice one guys, nice.

Now to wait 2-3 weeks for the next episode. At least there should be plenty of fan works to keep us occupied. ;-;

Others may have said this already, but I'm very miffed about Luna not being in this episode at all!

Ok, she's the younger sister, but couldn't they have put her in the final celebration scene?

Or does she sleep during the day because she 'raises the moon' for night?

Lauren Faust needs to answer this question

Others may have said this already, but I'm very miffed about Luna not being in this episode at all!

Ok, she's the younger sister, but couldn't they have put her in the final celebration scene?

Or does she sleep during the day because she 'raises the moon' for night?

Lauren Faust needs to answer this question

Seeing as these two episodes were actually originally intended to be the season finale of season 1, I can see how Luna got left out. By the time the episode was nearing completion (if not already done), Luna's popularity was a rather small thing at the time- though the creators involved in season two did notice her popularity, and there has been 'confirmation' that we will see her more in season two- but technically, we havnt actually seen any of it yet ;}

Just going to have to wait a little bit longer.

Well that was fantastic! (^u^)

There were so many funny moments through out this half with lovely sentimental moments and everything was just perfect (Yes....I'll probably write a better review when I'm a bit less sleep deprived)

But yes, the only thing I would have changed was having "Dumb Rock" be thrown in and maybe having the Rainbow of Harmony transport Discord to "Somewhere with the perfect friend for him" (The home of a Q Pony, to be honest I wasn't really expecting them to do that but they could have fit another fun pop-culture reference in that way)

Also I found it hilarious when the rock was reffered to as Tom, for obvious reasons (And Tom? something in Equestria being given a human name?), but it had a secong layer of humour for me and my family since I know somebody who has a father named Tom whose personality was sumarised perfectly by the boulder

If Spike is RainbowDash then would Sonic Rainboom have a different name? Sonic Spikeboom? Sonic Scrollboom? Hehe, this is fun.

Sonic Flameboom! (^u^)

quick_screwball_by_adamrbi-d4as9mr.jpg

this is my new love. SHE IS....

I fixed it for you

Meme fountain anyone?

Meme Fountain-y Goodness! :D

I agree with everything everypony else has been saying to this point. The whole thing felt so rushed, unlike Part 1, where they took all the time in the world to explain the past skirmish with Discord. It was so hard to see Twilight turn gray, and I almost got teary when Spike was hurting from all the letters. T^T The defeat of Discord was disappointing. I would've very much liked to see a cliffhanger ending instead. For example, two of the ponies have a little argument over something they did in their gray states and a chip of stone breaks off of the statue. *shivers* Ooh, now THAT would've left me more pumped for the rest of the season.

Favorite line: "MINE!!!"

Favorite scene: Pinkie drinking the chocolate milk rain and then growling.

Almost cried when: Twilight turned gray. *sniffle*

Least fav scene: Discord's defeat. *boooo*

Favorite chaos: Drinking the glass instead of the milk? That one kinda freaked my mind.

I'm kinda sad that most people here don't seem to find the "necklace, necklace, necklace, necklace aaaaand... big crown thingy" part as funny as I did D: Spike as Rainbowdash took it's thunder

I'm kinda sad that most people here don't seem to find the "necklace, necklace, necklace, necklace aaaaand... big crown thingy" part as funny as I did D: Spike as Rainbowdash took it's thunder

I briefly mentioned it in my first post. I thought it was really funny, but yeah I guess it kinda got lost among all the other jokes.

Looking back, this episode had many hilarious moments. I look forward to watching it again once the season is over.

Not a all. I found it also hilarious. Twilight acts so funny when she's frustrated. If I met her IRL, I'd push her buttons, just so I can get her to react. Fact is, several things like that were funny in this episode, it's just hard to mention them all.

This was probably the funniest episode in the entire series. They managed to pack a lot of good moments in. Too many to name, though I have to say Fluttershy's "Your face!" was pretty funny.

I do think it was a bit rushed, but it was still pretty enjoyable.

So Discord says...

Season 1, Episode 1 00:00

9gByY.png

That explosion was my mind blowing.

:o That is amazing.

What's interesting is that, even though pretty much all of my predictions were wrong, my signature's episode banner i made pretty much tells the story in 10 seconds. And I wasn't even trying to. I wasn't completely sure that the necklaces and tiara were the elements of harmony. I would redo it, so that the discorded ponies are grey. But I'm too lazy.

My score for episode 27: 7 out of 10

My score for episode 28: 8.5 out of 10

Had to edit my mistakes. I don't know why, but pony episodes always grow on me, and I enjoy them more when I watch them more. Anypony else have this happen to them?

Nah, frustrated and ticked off Twilight is best twilight - loved that scene.

" Okay, let's get this done so we'll never have to talk to one another ever again! " - Priceless! :P