Last post wins

Sorry to hear that! I slipped on some ice a few years ago when taking out the trash and I fell neck-first into my garbage can and did some serious damage to my knee. 

Uhhhm yeah, is it a social anxiety thing? All of that goes away pretty fast when you realize how dripping with fun a convention is.

Also Pemby -- I'm disappointed, you should have been going double that. I never get speeding tickets, just tickets for stupid stuff (missing front license plate that I still need to remount lol, busted headlight, etc.)

6 hours ago, Rosewind said:

Sorry to hear that! I slipped on some ice a few years ago when taking out the trash and I fell neck-first into my garbage can and did some serious damage to my knee. 

Ah, that sucks! I actually haven't slipped yet this year but, it has happened and will happen this season, I'm sure.

Just got back from seeing The Last Jedi.

I was hoping that would translate to 'the last movie' but no, we'll surely be getting another.

I mean, are they ever gonna bring Lando back? 

I personally didn't hate it. I thought there were a lot great action scenes and everything. My brother thought there may have been a little too much comedy but, I didn't see that as a problem. I just wish they could've made it shorter than 2 hours and 40 minutes. :/

Ignore what people say about the recent Star Wars movie and judge for yourself. I thought it was really good.

Whenever something this embroiled in popular culture comes along, there will be a heavily polarized opinion. There's definitely a rose-colored-glasses thing going on, especially with the classic films and how they hold up to today compared to the newer films. Everyone shouldn't like this film. It should make people talk -- that's the sign the film did something special.

I think it's definitely one of those films that will hold up to subsequent viewings, so who knows where the final consensus will fall once the hype dies down.

Random rant/observation: I am currently working two jobs (until January as mentioned a few pages ago). The 2nd of which being on the O'reilly Auto Parts First Call Team (glorified name for a delivery driver). I've only been working here since February but, I have learned a lot about people, and how they work in this particular environment. A few of my coworkers are in their mid-late 40s.  All I hear all day are complaints about other coworkers for being lazy (saying that and then following up with something like "but, I really don't even care anymore".. Yeah, if you didn't really care, why did you even bring it up?). Everyone's always talking trash behind everyone else's back (Not bragging or claiming to be an exceptional person but, I do try hard to do this as little as possible). It's very immature coming from people who are my parent's age. I mean, it's immature at any age but, come on, they're acting like children. The biggest thing for me, above all others, is when a coworker claims to be the only one who "actually does anything around here". It really annoys me to hear it. Nearly every day, someone says it (in one way or another). We had one guy walk off the job because he was pissed at another worker. He kinda snapped at me on his way out the door and apologized over FB later that night. He told me he was pretty sure he was going to quit, if not get fired (But he still works there for the moment because we'll be short on staff when I leave). He then proceeded to pull the old "They'll miss me when I'm gone and when they realize how much work I did around there". It's just... So childish. I know I might sound a bit childish myself going off like this... I mean, everyone there is nice... It's just, how can they claim to be the only one who does anything? I mean, how can you actually say that? If you DO do a lot of work as you claim, let your actions speak for you. You shouldn't have to raise your voice and say harsh things about other employees behind their backs, proceed to say you really don't care, then claim to be the only thing keeping the store alive.  I mean, sure, some of the employees are lazy. So what? Just do your job, and stop complaining. You're hired to work, not to tell us how much you work.

I'm sorry... I just had to get this off my chest... What better place than here? ... Right?

I swear I'm fun at parties. ouo'

• Like 1