Last post wins

Totally being honest here, I don't like Totoro. Sure, it's iconic and a part of Ghibli's vaunted filmography, but it doesn't hit me the same as greats like Spirited Away, Mononoke or Howl. I feel the same way about Ponyo. I think those two films were maybe designed for a younger audience where form is in better service than function. This doesn't discredit them as amazing examples of prime animation though -- it's sheer gorgeousness all the way to the floor.

Not a giant fan of Ponyo since I didn't really understand the plot, but Totoro is my childhood so I can't hate it.

Totoro doesn't have much of a plot either...

I enjoyed Arietty, Porco Rosso and Kiki's delivery service too. The Cat Returns and When Marnie was there is good, but close to the bottom of my list.

Grave of the Fireflies though...omfg. Cried in the first 5 mins.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Rosewind said:

Don't be shy Rocky, tell me how you really feel.

You've really got it out for me, huh? Why do you want to keep me from sleeping?

So on a lighter note, a popular rock radio station in my area is going to play one of my songs on the 12th!

• Like 4

It depends on the cheese. Some cheeses are too strong to enjoy alone and benefit from a partner.

Sleep? What is...sleep?

I've started seeing faces where there should be no faces. Maybe it's stress? Probably stress.

I'm gonna be starting a second job again soon so I'm sure those hallucinations are going to increase. 

• Sad 1

please let my face be one of them please let my face be one of them please let my face be one of them please let my face be one of them please let my face be one of them please let my face be one of them please let my face be one of them please let my face be one of them please let my face be one of them please let my face be one of them please let my face be one of them please let my face be one of them please let my face be one of them