Last post wins

I have Swedish meatballs, you have Stardew Valley, and you have fireworks. Let's just...put them all together to create "Swedish Fireworks Meatball Valley."

Happy new year, everyone! Party hard and make this year a good one! It'll certainly be an interesting year for me.

• Like 3

Happy new year, everyone!  I have had one Angry Orchard tonight and I got a strange little dizzy feeling that made me scared so, yeah, I think I'm done with the alcohol for the evening.

Yes, I'm scared of booze.

• Like 1

So update: It's just past midnight, it's -12°f with wind chill, fireworks were awesome..

Until the my 8 year old brother ran into the house saying "there's a police man outside"

Yeah, apparently the noise ordinance in my town is 10pm. 10 people called in noise complaints. I mean, naturally we wouldn't normally do it so late but, come on... It's New Year's freaking Eve. Doesn't everybody stay up until midnight on NYE? Give me a break...

Joke's on them because we managed to set off all we had before they arrived. 

• Like 1

I stumbled into the new year, quite literally. Took a sip from the bathtub faucet, got some sandwiches and chips, watched a few minutes of anime before boring Discord nonsense got in my way, and haven't finished the last sandwich or touched the chips.

I mean the new year is really only special because we say it's special, most other holidays and celebrated things are actually something to celebrate. The way I see it, there's no difference from one year to the next. What happens in the year, yes. But look at months, there's typically a real difference between them. April and December have noticeable differences that we might want to catalog, differentiating years is basically just to mark passage of time.

Update, finished the sandwich. Was a lot of extra bread, but was pretty satisfying to bite into.

This anime protagonist is probably best described as Batman with a murder switch. Not Batman in terms of actual abilities, more like Batman in terms of being the best around even if he's not and probably going to win via a plan that's a bazillion steps ahead of you, even if you're Space Jesus.

Happy New Year! I celebrated it at work. I did take a break from baking to gaze outside to see Rocky's fireworks. There's usually a town across the field where someone shoots off stuff during holidays. I wasn't disappointed. I did jump up at the stroke of midnight; this caused me to accidentally knock a basket of bread off a table.

The significance for the new year for me is that I survived to see another year on this moist dirt rock careening around a giant ball of gas eternally exploding inward on itself. It's a time of reflection; of triumph and defeat, of unexpected windfalls and losses, of a promise to make this year better than the last one.

It got colder outside than it was in my freezer. Then it dropped to -10 when it approached morning.  I went home, showered, slept for four hours, and it's still -10. 

CMQyyYE.jpg

• Like 2

If you saw my fireworks, you probably saw the blue and red lights that showed up shortly after haha.

Actually they didn't have their lights on but HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!

I think we won for coldest NYE at -12°.  :D

• Like 2

Well, I'm starting my new job tomorrow. I'm really anxious and nervous and excited... Those basically all mean the same thing but, you know what I mean.. I'm kinda scared and happy and everything...

... Deep breaths... Deep.... Breaths...

• Like 2