Last post wins

You have me beat, it's only -12 today.

I've started taking a slug of apple cider first thing after I wake up because it's good for you or something, followed by coffee. This is a horrible idea and it'll make you feel exactly how it sounds, but I'm doing it anyway.

Gonna have a few friends over tonight! Making build-your-own-ramen with two types of broth, one spicy and one pedestrian, pork char siu, veggies, two kinds of noodles, and other garnishes. My evil plan is to have them build their own bowls, then pour the hot seasoned broth over everything. Should be yummy!

First day of work was great! I like my coworkers and everyone has an all around good time. 

Lunch break was interesting. Pulled into the gas station near the end of the industrial park. Was going to pull into a spot when I saw someone who looked like they were going to take it from the other side. All I did was tap my brakes and off I went sliding straight into the car parked in the space next to the one I was going for. Mind you, I was only going somewhere between 3 and 6 mph. The lot was a sheet of ice and letting off the brakes didn't even keep me from sliding, as it normally would. I managed to push his car a solid 3 feet. The guy was cool about it since all he had to do was push his bumper back into place (Thank God for plastic bumper covers). We agreed not to involve the police or insurance (mainly because one of us doesn't have insurance >.>). My truck is old and built like a tank so, it's undamaged. Even if it was, I wouldn't care. Since the clips in his bumper weren't holding it in place perfectly (like, it would stay in place but, it didn't take much pressure for one of the clips to pop back out), paint was lightly scratched, and his tail light might have had a small spider crack, I went to the gas station's atm and compensated him. Looking at what very little "damage" there was, I know he's not going to use the money I gave him to fix it, which is fine with me. I look at it as more of a bribery. Like, "Here have some money please don't call the police". We managed to have a laugh over it (I mean, he just got paid for damage he's never going to repair so, of course he's happy haha). He actually did seem like a pretty chill dude. I'm really happy he was okay with me paying him off on the spot instead of getting the law involved.

I'm taking this as a warning, as it could've been a lot worse... 

Guess who's going to get insurance now. 

• Like 1

I had a Professor hit and run my car when I was in college. Yeah, seriously.

A student in the parking lot saw her and caught her on her phone camera. The campus police called the real police and they found me in class. I was in the process of making wine-infused caramel corn for an event and I'm like...do I need to move my car? And they were like no, your car was hit 'n run, but we know who did it.

So they went to her house and nailed her with several tickets. She was forced to call me with her insurance info. She said the "damage didn't look like much" and I'm like...are you serious? Is there some kinda damage quota before you report damage you caused to the owner?

Her insurance paid me out like a grand and I kept the money -- I needed to pay some dental bills at the time, and I figured some scrape damage meant less than my teeth (which are in excellent condition today!). Unfortunately the caramel corn burned and I got chewed out by my professor, but hey...it worked out!

• Like 1

I'd like to bet that a lot of the time that the money people get from insurance isn't used to fix their car. I mean, some of my vehicles would probably get repaired because sporty but, my winter vehicle? Eh, I won't care much if someone side-swipes it haha. 

You know, as far as I can remember, I've never had ramen like ever until about 2 months ago.  Maybe once before that (and not too long before, if that).

Stuff's good. It's so cheap. I should buy a boatload.

Rosey, 

Stop making me hungry.

Sincerely,
           Someone who's hungry now 

Gah, video games are evil. You spend cash on a game, then your new console or system comes along and either you buy it again, or just imagine yourself playing the game you own but can't or can't be bothered to play on the other console. There are a few attempts to stop this, being able to play your Xbox games on Windows 10(only some of them, which for me is only Minecraft, which I happen to have both PC versions of anyway), and backwards compatability for games specific to that console's previous version, but that doesn't help with other situations. Why can't game developers be convenient and just make all games a universal format. Doing so would be the first step down a great path. The path of taking over the world with video games, which would end sometime around the ability to go from one game to another easily wherein your mother can be playing her boring mother games, you can pop in from Halo 8,000,000,000 to say hello, and then hop into whichever Minecraft clone remake is popular at the time to save your little brother from zombies.

It makes more business since to force people to double dip on games they already own. I try not to do this, but I've done it with games I really like or haven't played in a while on newer platforms.

6 hours ago, RainbowFoxxy said:

Nice boots you got there! :D 

Why thank ya! Great to see you, Foxxy!

My little sis told me I need to watch Stranger Things, so I'm like okay, I'll go watch it right now. Binged almost all of season one in a single sitting. Yup.

I had a dream about being Spider-Man, which was amazing. Well it was more like I got to play around as Spider-Man in between cutscenes, but it was still fun. The organic webshooters were a bit painful, literally, because they ran out of webbing after a bossfight(which was the first of only two fights total) and I tried to use them after, it was just pain. The next day I tried to use them again, and they were barely any better, not even enough web to swing on. So I suppose they're like everything else that's part of your body, you can get a good day's work out of them and then they're sore and broken for a while.

I just had a nice long talk about life and other personal subjects with my dad this evening. Times like these really make me truly happy. When we can sit down for a while and just say what we feel and have a good laugh or two. I feel like it flips a light switch inside me, and I feel inspired and just very happy overall. I really am blessed to have a father like mine.

Also we had salmon for dinner and it was really good.

My dad cooks really good.

• Like 1

Furry and like...ET the extra terrestrial? 

Glad you share that kind of relationship, Rocky. I can't say the same about my own Father for when he was alive. I think my fondest cooking-memory I have of him was when he mistook some of my habanero peppers in the fridge for normal bell peppers and stuck them in some eggs he was making. Good times!