Last post wins

1 hour ago, Rosewind said:

Furry and like...ET the extra terrestrial? 

Glad you share that kind of relationship, Rocky. I can't say the same about my own Father for when he was alive. I think my fondest cooking-memory I have of him was when he mistook some of my habanero peppers in the fridge for normal bell peppers and stuck them in some eggs he was making. Good times! 

Hehe, sorry if I might have come off a bit preachy in that post..

I mean, hey, that's as good as any memory! Hopefully he reacted well to that. 

I've found most people will be more agreeable if you provide baked goods as part of the bargain.

I had today off, and just spent it binging most of Stranger Things season 2 wearing my Cheshire cat PJ bottoms and my Toriel top. I regret nothing.

Actually I can barely move, so that was more or less the plan, anyway.

That's a funny coincidence lol. 

Home from work. Guess I'll just shower.. then I'll probably put some clothes in the washer and NOT use the fragrance powder stuff my mom bought about a week before Christmas. She'd been putting it in every wash since and at about the same time I suddenly started breaking out in hives. Like, all over my stomach and under my arms. It took a little while to figure out what was happening to me but, a coworker suggested I find out if we started using a different laundry soap. Lo and behold. 

It was a little scary for a second because it was getting worse by the day and I couldn't stop it.. Hopefully now it'll start going away.

Adventures

• Like 1

I don't think I've had a fried rice I've seriously enjoyed, especially a fukin one. It's one of those things that's just always been a side dish kind of deal, never in a spotlight of its own. It's either too salty, too gummy, not enough of an ingredient, or too much of an ingredient. I'm sure one day I will create fried rice nirvana.

I'm on a childhood quest to recreate this recipe I used to eat all the time when I was a little girl. It was called house special chicken, a nebulous name for a menu item found in a mall food court Chinese restaurant in Los Angeles -- notably from the Fallbrook Mall, which may or may not still exist. The best way I could describe it was orange chicken and kung pao had a baby. It was breaded chicken, with white onions and dried red peppers, in a delicious brown sauce of some kind.

This recipe delirium has created a kitchen pantry capable of creating any Asian dish possible. I can make any stir fry dish you can think of -- usually better than any Chinese restaurant you'll find. But, this one...this one eludes me. 

I really enjoy fried rice. I haven't exactly had any in a little while but, it's definitely one of my favorite Chinese/Asian dishes. It can be hard to find good fried rice but, when it's good, it's real good.                               On a side note, the hives I suddenly broke out with haven't gone away yet. I am starting to think the fragrance powder wasn't the cause ( unless it was and it's just taking a while for my body to recover from whatever it was it was suffering from).. I hope it goes away soon... It's not fun. I think it might have actually spread a little more.          On another side note, I saw The Lego Batman Movie this evening. I thought it was really good. Actually laughed aloud at it.

• Like 1