Last post wins

I know how ya feel -- I'm hyper allergic to the powder found in disposable gloves. They order powderless ones special at work for me so I won't die.

I made a mistake and wore powdered ones once -- my hands turned into bleeding ground meat, and I had to go on steroid treatment to abate the rash.

I don't get the whole thing with Legos and the movies and stuff behind the toy franchise, but I never really played with them either.

I use the dyeless/fragrance-less laundry detergent, by the by. It's really helped solve a myriad of health issues I use'ta have.

• Like 1

I played with legos all trough my childhood. In fact, I think it was two Christmases ago that my now 9 year old brother got a lego set. I ended up building it and having a great time reliving my childhood again. It was surprisingly fun and satisfying, 

I brought up the dye-less/fragrance-less laundry detergent to my mom, and she thinks it's a good idea to try it. At this point, I'm willing to try anything. If I don't see any improvement this coming week, I'll be making an appointment with the doctor..

2 hours ago, SymphonicFire said:

I guess I play with lego? I build models like the Millenium Falcon and the Apollo Saturn V (Both I helped build, but do not own because I'm poor).

I wanted them though. :T

1 hour ago, Rosewind said:

When I was in the Bad Place, I remember they had a Lego space shuttle that one kid spent like, 2 months building. Then another kid tried to make it "fly" and it blew up into a zillion pieces all over the classroom.

Both of these sound like a lot of fun.

4 hours ago, SymphonicFire said:

They are! It's a great feeling to look at it and remember all the hard work you put into it.

...and then forget about it.

Haha, hit the nail on the head with that one!

• Haha 1

Man, anime is mean

Stuff like Attack on Titan where everything has gone to hell you don't expect to have a particularly happy ending, and it would probably just be satisfying enough for the character(s) you enjoy to live till the end. But when an anime balances out the happy and sad in the normal world, something like death hits a lot harder than it does in a world where death is what everyone knows is coming. I've watched only a handful or two of anime, and this was probably the least happy ending any of them have had that I've finished, at least. They did technically end it on a happy note, but I'd like to say that doesn't count just because of what it was.

So, hives are not getting any better (even after throwing out the fragrance powder stuff and rewashing all of my clothing and bedsheets). They are spreading a bit too. They aren't overly itchy really but...

Yeah

Time to see a doctor.

21 hours ago, PatchworkPsycho said:

Man, anime is mean

Stuff like Attack on Titan where everything has gone to hell you don't expect to have a particularly happy ending, and it would probably just be satisfying enough for the character(s) you enjoy to live till the end. But when an anime balances out the happy and sad in the normal world, something like death hits a lot harder than it does in a world where death is what everyone knows is coming. I've watched only a handful or two of anime, and this was probably the least happy ending any of them have had that I've finished, at least. They did technically end it on a happy note, but I'd like to say that doesn't count just because of what it was.

I need to introduce you to Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Good luck with the skin thing Rocky!

As for me.. I almost passed out at the day job. I decided to quit it next month, before I'm out for several months. I won't be able to push two jobs while I'm recovering. Time to focus on other stuff!

....and I have to go to work again tonight. Third night is usually when I start to hallucinate really bad.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

Okay so the doctor got me a prescription for some steroid-esque medication.

I've never had to pick up a prescription in my life.

I've never had to take a pill in my life other than Advil/Tylenol (for headaches and stuff).

I'm a little scared for some reason.

It's a pretty easy process -- take this from someone who takes shots in her stomach.

I've taken those steroids before, they're awesome. Your skin should clear up pretty quick.

Feels good to sit here, do nothing. Watch anime, cook dinner. This free time feels so precious!

• Like 2

Like, when one of your characters is distinctively a trap and it's somewhat of a big deal for their whole character, how can you proceed with that? Because the guy they picked was at most J-Pop levels of trap, which is barely anything. I stopped after 20-30 minutes of the movie since I didn't want to stay up until seven in the morning to finish it, but I decided just not to go back. I really just don't feel like they could've pulled off the movie in a way that wasn't just lame.

It's also a lot harder to ship real people than it is to ship cartoony ones