Last post wins

17 hours ago, Rocky said:

Oh, and I did watch 1 or 2 episodes of Stranger Things. A bit too spooky for me. That Max girl's older jerk brother has the same car as me though haha

Sounds like you started on Season 2 there, unless you've already seen Season 1. 

It definitely nails that creepy vibe -- not the scary monster creepy (though it does have that), but more of a looming dread creepy. I thought Steins;Gate also nailed this sort of thing brilliantly.

But hey, if it's not your cup of tea...I'd recommend watching it a bit from the start to give you some better context. 

Did I ever post this? Me and sis and our vices:

jPMbxWr.jpg

Oh yeah, I saw the Gate episode and one from earlier in the season. I'm not sure exactly which episode because I kinda walked in midway through. I mean, I'm sure if I started at the very beginning I'd understand it better... But, I'd still be just as scared hehe...

Also, did you draw that? It's really good. :I

Yay back to work. I currently have what I think is a sore throat. It's the weirdest sore throat ever. It doesn't necessarily hurt...  It's almost like a dry throat. 

Eh, whatever, it's not bad enough to stop me from working.

It's so hard to find a quality fic that has content I enjoy fully and has enough of said content to tide me over for a while. The last one I read was ~650k words, and I just finished it now. It had a few mistakes here and there, but it managed to overall stay good. This one only has ~200k and already so many mistakes. "Responed", "He said, and smirks", this is only part of the way down the first page, and I know I left a few out. I typically avoid the shorter fics if it's from something I haven't seen in a while, just because a touching scene is a lot more touching if it's with characters that are fresh in your mind, whereas if you wait a while it can leave you wondering about some key details. At least with longer fics, if something from the original canon pops up, they'll have time to explore it and such, that and long fics are typically going to make up a lot more than just a touching scene, so you're just along for the ride.

16 hours ago, Rocky said:

Oh yeah, I saw the Gate episode and one from earlier in the season. I'm not sure exactly which episode because I kinda walked in midway through. I mean, I'm sure if I started at the very beginning I'd understand it better... But, I'd still be just as scared hehe...

Also, did you draw that? It's really good. :I

Noooo watch it from the beginning. Be brave! (Or just watch Bojack Horseman.) My little sis drew that; she's an amazing artist.

6 hours ago, Rocky said:

Yay back to work. I currently have what I think is a sore throat. It's the weirdest sore throat ever. It doesn't necessarily hurt...  It's almost like a dry throat. 

Eh, whatever, it's not bad enough to stop me from working.

I have the same thing going on. It's one of those sore throats that could degrade into a full-blown one, along with a cold or something. I'm try to quash it with lotsa herbalstuff and soup.

3 hours ago, Rosewind said:

Noooo watch it from the beginning. Be brave! (Or just watch Bojack Horseman.) My little sis drew that; she's an amazing artist.

I have the same thing going on. It's one of those sore throats that could degrade into a full-blown one, along with a cold or something. I'm try to quash it with lotsa herbalstuff and soup.

Yeeaaah, as entertaining as she show seems, I'm not really brave enough hehe. I like comedies. And action. And action-comedies. I'd rather die laughing than die from a heart attack.

Wow, your sister really seems to be an amazing artist! Does she have a place where she uploads any of her art?

Yeah, I've got a sore throat. However, over the course of the day, it hasn't really gotten worse at all (in fact, it might be getting better). I'm actually able to eat stuff with very little pain or discomfort. Sore throats won't typically last more than 2 days for me (naturally, there have been a few exceptions in the past). Feed a cold, starve a fever. Those are the words I live by.

My day today:

(6:15am I wake up without a sore throat and nose running a little. I don't feel too bad so, I brush my teeth and leave for work.
(7:20am I get to work and make my boss aware that I am sick. He says go home (because he doesn't want me to spread it) and suggests that I call him next time before going all the way there just to be sent home.
(7:35am I leave work. Instead of going home, I go to the town my work is in. I have breakfast at a coffee shop and wait for the music store to open.
(9:00am  Music store opens, I shop around intending to buy drumsticks. I end up leaving with a $1000 keyboard. I had been needing an upgrade for my band for a while and I guess it was just meant to be. Didn't think I'd be spending that kind of money when I woke up this morning.
(10:30am I get home and play the keyboard for 2 1/2 hours (normal for me). Then I watch a few episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender. (friend from work reminded me that show existed. I had almost completely forgotten about it)
(2:45pm I reschedule my doctor's appointment due to weather. (looking out the window now, my dad is plowing the driveway. I probably could've actually made it. sigh)
(3;10pm I struggle to make ramen noodle (even when being helped by a friend). It's sad, I know.
(3:57pm I decided to tell all of you about my day.

Thanks! Yeah she's awesome! She goes to art school and is soooo talented.

My day -

4 am - Finish up bake. Chat with ex and a longtime galpal.

5 am - Grab a bunch of bagels, drive home, get gas, take a quick shower and take meds.

6 am - Watch a little Kill la Kill to get sleepy while I'm laying in bed. Pass out.

10 am - Wake up. Put on clothes, makeup and fix hair.

10:30 - Leave with bagels. Head to a Mexican supermarket because I have a craving for mole and need ingredients to make it.

11 am - Arrive at my daytime coffee job to help cover another girl who needs to see the doc. Have a soy latte and shoot the breeze with a few coworkers. Leave bagels which coworkers descend on like a flock of hungry seagulls.

2 pm - Go home, make a quick stirfry with leftover veggies and a cup of eggdrop soup. Marinate my chicken for mole.

3 pm - Check email and chat with friends. Ghostwrite letter for school for a friend. Cook some pinto beans in instant pot for mole project.

4 pm - Mess around reading messages and stuff online. Debate watching movie/playing game.

4:20 pm - Check Canterlot and post this message...

Mine just went something like 

??? Wake up in pain

??? Get on computer and ignore pain

??? Eat pizza

??? Get off computer and get on chromebook to read fanfiction

??? Eat cookies

??? Nap away the pain

??? Wake up and complain about my ear still not popping despite not hurting right now

(The future) Either get back on computer or read more fanfiction

(The future) Possibly do the choice I didn't pick the first time

My sinuses are not being friendly today.. Just took some decongestant. I hope it works. This morning, I was going to watch more Avatar. However, when I opened the site, there was a suggested subbed anime. I'm not normally an anime person but, have you guys heard of 91 Days? Prohibition era stuff? I watched like 10 episodes this morning and I really like it so far.

I haven't heard of it! Obligatory "Have you seen Made in Abyss?!" comment here. I'm currently re-watching Kill la Kill and following Seven Deadly Sins season 2 with a bit of Little Witch Academia here and there.

Just got back from working out. It was a good thing, but since I work tonight I'm sure I'll pay for it later!