Last post wins

Sheesh, everyone's sick..

So, finished 91 days. Only 12 episodes but it felt like a lot more. It's a good thing my eyes are a little glossy from this cold...

I maaaay have cried a little.

Oh yeah! I've never played SotC so I guess now is a good time. I have Last Guardian sitting on a little stack of games I got for cheap during last black Friday.

S'okee, I cry all the time for no reason, or for stupid reasons!

I've had this song stuck in my head for the last two days. Good stuff!

Oh hey happy birthday, Rosey!

So, I'm just now thinking about this...  I started watching Avatar from the very beginning on Sunday evening (I think). I've been watching it like crazy every day after work and as of this evening, I've started the third season. That's just over 40 episodes. Not including 91 Days, which I binge-watched all 12 episodes of on Tuesday.

I don't think I'm too happy with myself lol.

Noooo hope you feel better!

With animated stuff if you skip the intro/credits that usually cuts an episode down to like, 15 mins. I can totally see how it'd be easy to binge a season.

(I watched Stranger Things in two days. So good.)

Friends're coming over! We're going out. Gonna rock my plaid skirt, leggings, new boots, and a black lace top.

And I just watched all of season three. Woke up and started watching at 8 am and now it's 3:40.

Now, as what usually happens when you finish a series, I feel lost. Every episode was fantastic and now... It's over. Like, wow. I know there's the Legend of Korra stuff but.. That's not really the same. I wish there was more lol.

I heard the movie was pretty bad. Obviously I haven't seen it but, they really must have had to condense the story a lot (granted it actually follows the tv show story) to fit it all into the movie.  Honestly, I'd just like more episodes of the original show. Maybe life after the nations get back together and all that? Basically whatever happened between the original show and LOK. Would've liked to see more of the original characters doing stuff together. Man, it's only been about 4 hours since I finished the series and I already miss it.

I actually literally just finished the first episode of LOK and it seems pretty good so far. To be honest, it was a little sad. Just for the fact of Katara being the last (I mean, from what gather so far) of the original characters still living. I'll probably continue to watch.

Also, @SymphonicFire, I finally found out where you signature gif comes from. When the scene came on I was like "no way!" lol.

Okay, I'm roughly 5 episodes in and I'm finding it... Hard to watch. Not that it's bad by any means, it's just a bit... Like, the characters do silly things. I am finding myself cringing a little at some of the things the lead characters are saying and doing. A lot of the time, I'm able to predict how scenes will turn out before they happen.  Korra seems overly confident, which is fine but... She just gets herself into situations that are way over her head, and does things without totally thinking them through first. It's a little aggravating to watch, constantly thinking to myself "Uuugghhh no, don't do that. Why would she do that?" or "Stop talking, stop talking, stop talking". 

I'm also finding this show to be a little more intense than The Last Airbender. Not that there's more fighting, per se but, the whole atmosphere seems darker. Maybe it's the era and location... I dunno. The Last Airbender seemed a little more innocent than LOK is turning out. I'm going to try to watch a little more but, it is stressing me out a little hehe..

Edit: Watching episode 8. Korra's doing something stupid and, in turn, I let out one of my most annoyed groans of my life.

4 hours ago, Rocky said:

I heard the movie was pretty bad. Obviously I haven't seen it but, they really must have had to condense the story a lot (granted it actually follows the tv show story) to fit it all into the movie.  Honestly, I'd just like more episodes of the original show. Maybe life after the nations get back together and all that? Basically whatever happened between the original show and LOK. Would've liked to see more of the original characters doing stuff together. Man, it's only been about 4 hours since I finished the series and I already miss it.

Ah yeah, a bonus episode would have been great. The movie was terrible, it would have honestly been better if they didn't make an adaption but just an Avatar movie (would take more work, but it would have avoided people comparing it to the cartoon even more). I also always wondered why everyone in the Fire nation is Indian.

4 hours ago, Rocky said:

I actually literally just finished the first episode of LOK and it seems pretty good so far. To be honest, it was a little sad. Just for the fact of Katara being the last (I mean, from what gather so far) of the original characters still living. I'll probably continue to watch.

Yeah, but there are old faces (literally) that you'll see in there. It's heart warming. There are flashbacks so you'll see the Gaang in adulthood XD

4 hours ago, Rocky said:

Also, @SymphonicFire, I finally found out where you signature gif comes from. When the scene came on I was like "no way!" lol.

XDD lol 

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

Okay, I'm roughly 5 episodes in and I'm finding it... Hard to watch. Not that it's bad by any means, it's just a bit... Like, the characters do silly things. I am finding myself cringing a little at some of the things the lead characters are saying and doing. A lot of the time, I'm able to predict how scenes will turn out before they happen.  Korra seems overly confident, which is fine but... She just gets herself into situations that are way over her head, and does things without totally thinking them through first. It's a little aggravating to watch, constantly thinking to myself "Uuugghhh no, don't do that. Why would she do that?" or "Stop talking, stop talking, stop talking". 

I'm also finding this show to be a little more intense than The Last Airbender. Not that there's more fighting, per se but, the whole atmosphere seems darker. Maybe it's the era and location... I dunno. The Last Airbender seemed a little more innocent than LOK is turning out. I'm going to try to watch a little more but, it is stressing me out a little hehe..

Edit: Watching episode 8. Korra's doing something stupid and, in turn, I let out one of my most annoyed groans of my life.

Same honestly, but it's great to see how much she has grown at the end of the series. Korra does a lot of stupid things as a rookie Avatar, so hang in there XD

7 hours ago, SymphonicFire said:

Same honestly, but it's great to see how much she has grown at the end of the series. Korra does a lot of stupid things as a rookie Avatar, so hang in there XD

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't judge her character so early in the series. I know Aang wasn't the best when he started but, for some reason, I had a much easier time watching Aang mess up than Korra lol.

I've wanted to watch Avatar since I've caught a few episodes a while ago and went "Hey this is weird but cool" before I had gotten into anime and the like. I'm just way too lazy.

I'm the kind of person that needs guidance in some games or I'll just get bored and lost. I reached level 80 in GW2, which is the max normal level, and since I can't progress anymore in that way I'm just bored of that character. Well that and the class was starting to bore me. I want an MMO where there's only one class, but the game gets constantly updated with new skills to earn from leveling up until you can act as any class you want, it'd probably get stale eventually, but it'd be neat.

So like, what's the word that means "Not main"? There's a word for that, right? I would think something like secondary, but that's too close to second for me.

I think it'd be hard to jump from Avatar straight into Legend of Korra. I've seen both and loved both. I think you should take an intermission and come back to Korra once you've had some time to process Avatar; it'll make you appreciate the first series that much more when you've had some time to mull on it. There are some pretty big reveals later in Korra that tie up Avatar loose ends, so it's totally worth watching. There's also an Avatar comic (I forget the exact name) that's a good epilogue/bridge over to Korra's story, so that's worth checking out too.

I had my birthday dinner last night, and it was incredible. I just stuck all the photos in an album; check it out if you wanna see fancy pants plated French food. (I'm totes in a food coma still.)

https://imgur.com/a/AXpLo

• Haha 1

Now that I think about it, I agree that I may have jumped into Korra too soon. I am still trying to process Avatar. It's all still so fresh in my head and I keep thinking about it (especially while watching Korra). Maybe watching the whole third season in one day wasn't the best. I just got so hooked, I had to see what was next. Maybe I should slow down.

Also, bloodbending is effed up.