Last post wins

So this morning, yet again, I had a  ̶d̶r̶e̶a̶m̶  nightmare where I got back with my ex. I woke up scared but relieved.. 

Why does this keep happening?? .n.'

Man this sucks. We met at a weekly car show and I'm always stressing over the fact she'll be there and it'll be super awkward.. I don't want to stop going to the car show because I love it but, the fact she could show up (and has shown up) is adding some stress..  

Yeah but it's like... I need to break the ice. I just need to say hi to her. Like, in passing. Not to go out of my way to say it, you know? That might come off weird.. 

The main thing that's holding me back is the fact her best friend told me, repeatedly, how much she is repulsed by me now... It could lead to trouble if I say anything..

I hope you're right that I can move past this whole thing.. It's hurting..

...I think i'll just stick to my waifus...

Also, I just recently went through my anime playlist and remembered this ending (one of my favourite ones). 

This ending just gives me chills every time I watch it! I just wish the full version of the song had a more interesting melody for the verse, because the intro/chorus is so damn good. Aoi <3 

• Like 1

Lemme tell you about a social technique called the acknowledging wave. It's a great way to avoid awkwardness with someone you've got history with, be it an old coworker you never quite liked, an ex, acquaintances, once-friends, or a relative.

It's very simple.

Step 1. Look at them in the eye.

Step 2. Give a little wave and smile.

Step 3. Acceptable comments to compliment your social acknowledgement: "Hi there!" "I'm glad to see you're doing well." You can also pick something about them to compliment, be it a shirt, purse, whatever.

Step 4. After this exchange, tell them to have a nice rest of the day or that you have to go do X thing. Total time spent, maybe 10-15 seconds.

This technique is easier if you're with a friend or partner. If you do, make sure you introduce them, by first name only (not relationship).

You could go the ignore them route (and maybe you should if your history with them is very unsettling), but you'll just create a social damper on the situation and turn the needle toward awkward. Just give them a positive greeting and make them rethink their social standing with you, at least while you're in proximity. The key here is brevity.

The only downside of this technique, now that I've told you, is that you know when someone is doing it to you. Good luck, tiger! 

This advice post is part of the LPW Series "Wolfmom Teaches Her Pups™," #75782. All rights reserved.

• Like 4

I'll take that into consideration. Sounds like a decent enough way to lighten the mood.. Will take some courage to try it though...

Ugh I hate phones. Last night I accidentally sent a friend request to a complete stranger on Facebook and they oddly accepted it. I messaged them to apologize and explain it was an accident but they replied, word for word, "no accident I accepted it" and started bringing up a video I uploaded the other day of me playing music (saying they liked it) and that they liked my old truck. They started a conversation about how they play the bass and implied they wanted to jam with me (they live in the next state over so not too far).   I mean, yeah, you're nice but... Who the heck are you? 

help .n.'

• Haha 1

I've got no problem talking to them.. It just caught me off guard, you know? 

You got me thinking just now about how I would like a girlfriend again... Maybe I'll ask out that girl at the Mexican restaurant...

• Like 1