Famous Visitors [OPEN]

MyLittlePonyTales

Spitfire and Soarin' landed in front of the school house just a few minutes before they were scheduled to speak at Ponyville Elementary. It wasn't really anything special, they'd done this sort of thing numerous times. But it did always put a smile on Spitfire's face to see their little wide-eyed faces and awed expressions that THE Wonderbolts were there to visit.

She was glad that it was herself and Soarin' who tended to be the representatives for the team. It meant they got to spend a little bit of extra time together. At least, until they arrived at their destination. They were still professionals, and definitely had to conduct themselves business-like way. Many of the parents came to the school to meet them as well, they knew from experience.

Spitfire paused before knocking on the schoolhouse door. She turned to Soarin'. “You ready?”

"Hmm..." Axis mused quietly to himself, perched atop one of the many billowed clouds floating over Ponyville. His eyes darted back and forth, eagerly scanning the town below for the ones he sought.

"Where...are...ah hah!" The young stallion was on a highly important covert mission, and had been trailing two ponies of interest hidden out of sight...or at least he hoped. Axis knew he should have been back at Cloudsdale, practicing with the rest of the Wonderbolts. However, when Spitfire and Soarin' never showed up that morning, he knew something was awry. Still, the thought of a lowly reserve member spying on two very distinguished members of the Wonderbolts loomed dismally over Axis. Looks like there was only one thing to do...

Some distance below, Spitfire and Soarin' had just arrived outside of Ponyville Elementary. Becoming increasingly eager with each passing moment, Axis carefully began his descent, easing the cloud he was perched atop of slowly towards the ground below. He took great care to remain quiet and unnoticed as he lowered himself behind the two other ponies, until his hooves finally touched dirt and the cloud dissipated into nothingness. Axis' heart was racing, as he took one deep, final breath before making his move...

"Hiya!" Axis exclaimed loudly, wearing an innocent grin as best he could.

Cheerilee sighed. The visit was meant to be a surprise treat for the young colts and fillies but somehow word had gotten out during recess and the class was abuzz with anticipation to the point that not much learning could get done.

"Now settle down children. I'm sure they will be here any moment but first we simply must finish these math problems." she said; and was met with a collective 'awwww' before somepony quipped about how awesome the Wonderbolts were and the excited chatter continued, math problems already forgotten.

Heaving a huge sigh, she trotted over to the window, and gazed out of it blankly for a second, and noticed both Spitfire and Soarin standing at the door to PonyVille Elementary....

Snails was sitting at his desk with a dreamy expression on his orange face. Just then, their teacher reminded them they HAD to do their math.

The colt's "Awww..." was mingled with the simultaneous utterance by everyone in class he could see.

How could they concentrate on dumb, boring math when the wonderbolts... the wonderbolts were just...

Before he was aware of it, Snails blurted out "But th' Wonderbolts are just AWESOME, eh?"

The whole class started chattering again, the specter of math driven away for a little longer by the awesomeness of the Wonderbolts...

Snails blushed but he couldnt' help it, not afer that taste of flight he had recently when the dizzy unicorn mare, Misty Magic, gave him pegasus wings for only a few minutes during the Running of the Leaves...

(ooc): Oops! I need to do a quick reediting job here....

Walking over to the school in Ponyville was a stunt, brownish furred stallion dressed in a vest and cowboy hat and a haybale for the cutie mark.

"Now my little sister's been anxious about meetin' the Wonderbolts fer weeks, but where is she?" Hayseed said as he continued his search. "That youngin's gotta learn to be more punctual. Bet she's out chasin' frogs er climbin' trees er somthin' weird like that. She knows she's supposed to be here. Bet her teacher's gonna be plenty sore about her missin' this here field trip. Maybe I best turn on the charm and see if'n I can stall her long enough so my little sis can sneak in here."

Hayseed enters the schoolhouse and walked down the hall until he reached Cheerilee's classroom, Taking off his hat, he smiled before addressing the schoolteacher mare.

"Um, howdy there, teacher lady. My name's Hayseed and you probably know my little sister already, she's a student in your class. By the way, did I mention how purty y'all's lookin' today? Your fur coat is especially shiny and all. Do ya have yurself professionally groomed?"

PeaBee was not best pleased about this. In fact the little Pegasus was downright miserable. It had been a few days since the impromptu bug hunt, three whole days since her family should have arrived to take her home. Yet here she was, still in Ponyville, stranded in the small town for a whole week by a rockslide somewhere up the train-line to Trottingham. At first it had been scary and novel, but after the latest setbacks home sickness taken a hold on the filly, she just wanted to go home. Since hearing the news Peanut had barely left the room at Old Oaks and the caretaker, Miss Birch, was beginning to worry. Thus arrangements had been made to get her a temporary place in Ms Cheerylee’s class.

Presently the small paint Pegasus was slumped behind a spare desk in the back row of the class. She felt tired and alone in the crowd. Nothing on the blackboard made any sense to her, having only just started school back home and only once a week at that. Why did she need to know how numbers worked anyway?

And then, there was the Wonder Bolts. Everypony was practically bouncing in their chairs with excitement. It was all so... well it didn’t annoy her. But it made her wonder exactly what all the fuss was about. Had any of the other foals in the class of them seen them fly before? She very much doubted it. And if they hadn’t seen them fly, then it was all word of mouth and bedazzlement from fancy posters. They were star stuck. Where as she saw them over the lakes every few weeks, more between tours. The fields of Legume Farm rested on the edge of the Nimberguite. Out there, a stone’s throw from the city in the clouds, the still air was always ideal for perfecting manoeuvres and thus had served as their training grounds.

None of this meant anything to young Peabee. Flying just wasn’t her thing.

Yes it was pretty to see the group carving elegant paths through the sky, souring, swooping and diving in perfect harmony like graceful elements of air.

But despite her oversized wings, her hooves were well and truly set on the ground...

...Still, better if she wasn’t noticed. After all, she got to watch them a lot, so she didn’t exactly need to be first inline. Keep out of the way and in a few hours she could go back to Old Oak Inn and hide.

Grabbing her Barber coat in her teeth, the short filly pulled the cloak over her back and fastened the collar, hiding the majority of the wings.

Soarin' nodded at Spitfire, a cheesy grin on his face. "Yep! I always love doing these presentations, especially with y-" he started, before being interrupted by Axis.

He blinked a couple of times as he trailed off, then replied, his feathers ruffled more than a little. "Hey! I thought it was just going to be Spifire and me today, did the coach change his mind?"

It wouldn't have been the first time, of course. The team tended to treat school visits informally, and Soarin' knew that they always said they'd have 'some of the team' drop by when they made the arrangements, just in case a particular member couldn't show. A last minute addition wasn't unheard of but it was usually another of the older members, so Soarin' was a little off-kilter. His saying what he was about to say wasn't helping things either.

Still grinning, Axis was quick to note Soarin's seemingly apprehensive disposition towards the unexpected arrival of the proverbial third wheel. With an uneasy chuckle he averted his gaze away from his seniors, glancing through the nearby window into the school. "Change his mind...? ...! Oh, right. Yeah...about that..." Axis grimaced as the weight of the truth slowly fell upon him.

"Well ya see...I uh, I kinda...followed...you...here..." The words came one by one, trailing away into nothing more than a hushed whisper. Axis shot a quick glance back towards Soarin' and Spitfire before turning to look away. "B-But only because I was curious!" The younger stallion quickly blurted out as he turned back to face them, the volume returning to his speech. Somehow, in the wake of the awkward situation before him, Axis has found new resolve. Taking a moment to stretch and adjust his wings, he continued.

"So um...what are you two doing here anyway...?"

Seeing the Wonderbolts at the window made Cheerilee's heart jump a little. After all the Wonderbolts were famous the world over and nopony would say they weren't excited to meet them. Maybe she should just step out of class, introduce herself and then usher them in and get this over with since seemingly nothing learning related was and could be done.

Just as she was about to open the classroom door, she ran into a scruffy looking, country pony.

"Howdy Miss! my name is Hayseed and you look mighty fine today"

Cheerilee blushed slightly at that comment "Why thank you, and how may I help you today?"

(ooc: Re-reediting this, circumstances have changed

Now Hayseed was speechless. He was trying to stall his kid sister's teacher and now she was directing questions at him. Not only had he interrupted her class, he was now the center of attention in the room. After stammering and stuttering for what seemed like an eternity, the farmer stallion opened his mouth to speak.

"I, just wanted to tell you that the Wonderbolts are coming today!" he said as he spotted his long absent sister climbing through a back window and sneaking towards her seat.

"That's all, goodbye!" Hayseed smiled as he slowly backed out of the classroom.

sml_gallery_475_9_23915.jpg

Haywire, the spitfire rust colored blonde filly with the blank flank, got into her seat, pretending like she'd been in the room the entire time.

"Sure hope the teacher didn't miss me," Haywire thought to herself.

• Like 1

"What was that all about?" Cheerilee thought as she watched Hayseed scurry away. "Anyway I better get to what I wanted to do"

"Ok class, I'm going to step out and check if the Wonderbolts are here. Do try not to get into any trouble while I'm gone. Oh and Haywire? Glad the Wonderbolts brought you in today. How about you write me an essay about how awesome they are?" Cheerilee walked out the door, stifling a s****** once she was out of sight of her students, proceeding down the hallway to the door.

The class chuckled as Haywire shuffled uncomfortably in her seat.

(OOC: if anyone wants to waylay the Wonderbolts, the time is now!)

Sunrise Beach was late for school again! Usually her patron, the kind Pegasus mare, Tea Cozy, would promptly wake her bright and early each and every school morning. However, Tea Cozy was getting very near to giving birth, and instead of looking after Sunrise, had to be looked after by Mudbug, her adult daughter, who wasn't nearly as good at remembering to wake Sunrise. The turquoise unicorn foal didn't mind - the family had been so kind to her, giving her a home so she could go to school here; besides she was almost a filly now, a big pony. She had to take responsibility to get herself up in time for school!

Sadly, she was still working out the kinks in that plan.

She ran as fast as she could, her saddlebags bumping up and down on her sides, till the fimilar red schoolhouse came into view. Like, I am going to get into soooo much trouble again! Oh Celestia, I hope the teach doesn't make me do after school chores again, that was so totally bogus! She half expected Miss Cheerliee to be outside, ready to lecture her or any other unluckily late foal, what Sunrise didn't expect were not one, not two ... but three, THREE WONDERBOLTS!

The little unicorn stopped dead in her tracks only a couple gallops from the front door, in awe. "Oh. My. Gosh! This is so totally gnarly!! Eeeeeheeeheee!! Whataretheydoinghere!!?" It wasn't certain if the chatting Wonderbolts had even noticed the little foal, still several feet away, exclaiming outloud to herself out of pure excitement while bouncing up and down all wide eyed.

Purple Haze sat in a desk back next to Peebee. She wasn't all *that* excited about the Wonderbolts, either ... but she knew her big brae was. If she'd know before she came, she'd have been able to bring him along!

More exciting to her was that her friend Peebee was here! She didn't get to see her old friends so much since she moved in with her big brae, and even though she knew that Peebee wasn't here *just* to see her ... it felt like she was! But Peebee had been hiding away and not coming out, and that made Purple Haze sad... there was so much they could do together, and they even had extra time!

Right now, though, she was just going through her things to figure out what to get them to sign. Her Big Brae was always going on about getting things signed... maybe she should try to get home and get his posters, then bring them back! Maybe one of the fillies on the posters would be here, and he did really like those posters! But no, that'd take too long, and she'd get in trouble, and then even with the signature he'd still be upset. Her school books? Naaaa. Maybe the brown paper covers on the schoolbooks... nah. Scratch paper, at least... her jar of carrot snacks? Nah. She slipped one out and nibbled on it. Um. "Twenty Seven minus one is Twenty Six!" she counted the snacks. Now *that* was math that was useful! She offered a garlic-fried carrot stick to peebee. "Twenty Six minus one is .... ?"

Maybe she could get them to sign her bags? Except her big brae couldn't wear her saddle bags, they were too small for him, and they had her mark on them. Ohhhh, what could she get signed for him?!

“Idunknow, four-ish?” the paint foal responded, smiling half heartedly “Thanks Hazy, but I’m not hungry.”

Peabee felt slightly guilty about turning down Haze’s offer, her friend always put so much work into the treats. She hadn’t felt like any breakfast either, by rights she should be ravenous by now. Still, the lonesome feelings seemed to fill her tummy with butterflies. Meeting her old friend had been a wonderful surprise, knowing somepony in a strange town made all the difference and had helped her through the scarier moments of her visit. They’d had plenty of time for mischief and Peanut had even helped Haze out with some of her chores around the carrot farm. But lately everything felt so... She couldn’t put her hoof on it. Empty? No, that wasn’t it.

Sighing inwardly, the foal’s tenuous smile returned as comfort to her friend, rather than the filly herself.

“Ain’t cha’ bother coming today? Thought he were a big fan?”

"Oh, horseapples!" Haywire groaned, after being give her 'special assignment' by her teacher. "I was only a little late and I HATE writing papers and stuff like that. What fun is school if we have to spend all our time learning?"

As she spoke, the two saddlebags she had set under her desk began to move. Suddenly, the flaps flew open and the four frogs the rust colored foal had kept hidden inside leaped out.

"OH NO! COME BACK HERE, YA MANGY FROGS! I CAUGHT Y'ALL FAIR AND SQUARE!"

Soon, the four frogs began jumping all over the room, landing on foal's desks and causing havoc. One even leaped up on Cheerilee's desk and gave out a deep voiced "RIIBBBIIITTTTT!"

Seeing all the excitement, Haywire couldn't help but laugh out loud so hard, she fell out of her seat.

Minimaxie grumbles to herself. Ponyville was stupid. Everywhere was stupid. No pony nowhere was gonna make her go to school. No way. Still. That doesn't mean she can't hang out up in a tree on the premises in her cloak. She watches the school as she has on a few occasions, with a glare. The foals, they have no idea, they do not understand her d..dia.. diatribes and monoto.. wait. No. Think Maxie think. Monologues! That sounds right. She scrapes a hoof gently against the branch that supports her. She was obviously the best pony at tree climbing anywhere, since ever. Still though, even those with goals of world domination and no love for the Princesses can still be lonely... Mostly though, she's just bored. Bored out of her mind, she is. Tabletop games are not as fun by yourself. She sometimes misses her, what was it? She can't remember, it had something to do with learning music. She sighs, she can't remember. She can't even remember her sister's face, or her mama, or papa, or where she lived. Sigh, that's fine though. She has a new place that was probably better, and a new fa... friend, who she was certain didn't know that she was living in her basement. (Said friend is perfectly happy to let her go on thinking she is unnoticed. )

"So bored." but hark? What is that on the horizon? Two pegasus in spandex suits? Superheroes? Perhaps this a chance for Minimaxie to really make a name for herself for the first time! Her busted horn sparks gently as she hefts a nectar filled balloon from within her cloak (that and a box of ants, she always keeps handy to use together) and takes aim. The aim is surprisingly accurate, and she whips the balloon at one of them, the goofy loookin' one. She of course thinks the guy is the goofy looking one. She watches with intense anticipation as time seems to slow down, watching and waiting. It was going to hit, she knew it would.

(ooc; since some have already posted several times, I'll go ahead and catch snails up)

Snails neighed eagerly at another distraction against the mighty foe of math, as a farmer stallion that seemed to be from the Nimbusgait area announced the Wonderbolts were coming and tried to charm Miss Cherrilee as a distraction while a new rusty colord filly slipped in.

He stifled a giggle at that, which became even harder to do once Miss Cheerilee let her know she had not been fooled before she went outside to check if the Wonderbolts were there.

Suddenly there was a squeal outside that sounded like Sunrise Beach! "Awesome! Th' Wonderbolts must be here!"

Just then, a bunch of frogs were hopping everywere as the new filly fell out of her chair laughing.

Snails gave a whoop of joy. At last, something he can do in class he enjoys; catching things! "Awesome! I kin do this, eh! Snails to th' rescue!"

The orange colt left his seat, and got down low to creep up on the frog on the teacher's desk...

Spitfire whirled around at the sound of someponies voice. ”AXIS?!” she exclaimed, surprised to see him, of all ponies. Spitfire conked a hoof against her forehead at his explanation. She slowly slid it down her face until it reached the ground again. By that time, Axis had finished and was inquiring about her and Soarin's current activities.

“It's a school visit. Didn't you hear the announcement at our last practice?” She was more than a little annoyed at his arrival... sometimes the local media would show up for a quick newspaper interview and a few photos when they did this sort of thing. Normally it was Soarin' and Spitfire, being the respective captains of the team, and maybe a couple of the more experienced members. This wasn't the place for a member like Axis—not for a few years.

“You shouldn't be here!” she hissed at Axis. “Not only were you—shall we say, stalking Soarin' and I, you skipped practice!” Spitfire's voice was raised a little higher than usual. “Being a Wonderbolt isn't something you can take lightly, Axis. Now go home.” she said firmly.

Just then, Spitfire caught sight of the excited foal that had just arrived. She took a deep breath and released it, letting the anger go as well. She smiled and waved a hoof at the turquoise Unicorn, who was obviously a fan. But wait a second... school was already in session, shouldn't this foal already be inside?

Soarin' was about to respond as well when he saw something flying at him from the corner of his eye. This in itself wasn't unusual, they were all trained to deal with situations where rocks or twigs or food were kicked up by one of their low-fly tricks or thrown at them, and by the time...whatever it was was where he used to be, his body had already flung itself into the air in an admittedly amateur barrel roll over Spitfire's back that left him hanging a good two dozen hands or so in the air.

When the balloon hit the ground, it predictably popped, spilling the nectar everywhere. "Er...wow...uh..." Soarin' stated eloquently as he looked around for the source of the sticky missile. That part was unusual. Nice smelling, but unusual.

[[OOC- Figure I could have Sunrise reply hear as she is outside with them and witnessing all of this]]

Sunrise Beach just stood there with a stupidly huge grin on her face as she watched to the Wonderbolts talk, not even catching their words or noticing Spitfire's dressing down of Axis. To her: All that was there were her idols. Sure, Sunrise was a unicorn and not a pegasus, but the Wonderbolts were among the very best and most daring of athletes in all of Equestia! You didn't have to be a pegasus to appreciate them, they were superstars! She knew each of their names, Spirtfire, Soarin', Axis - she knew their signature moves, she knew their positions on the team, she knew everything about them!

Her excitement only grew as she witnessed Soarin's skillful, acrobatic, aerial dodge of the liquid filled balloon that came out of a nearby tree right for the back of his head. How did he see that coming and do that move so quickly?! Oh, Celestia, he is just soooo cool! And ... and ... so hoooooot! "Wow! Most totally revered Dude, that was, like, so awesomely gnarly!!" She exclaimed with stars in her eyes and a grin from ear to ear. If that wasn't enough, Spitfire saw her and waved, smiling! Ohmygosh! Ohmygosh! Ohmygosh! Ohmygosh! She waaaaaaaved to me!! The turquoise unicorn just blushed and waved back, not sure what, if anything, to say or do yet!

Oh! She knew! She could figure out where that balloon came from! Looking back to that large tree she balloon had come from, she trotted on over and looked up to see an unexpected but familiar white unicorn, that same one she had dragged, injured, into the shade not too long ago after the crazy foal was monologuing on the school steeple. What was with this pony? Is she just like, a nut or something? "Hey! Hey you! That was, like, totally non-excellent! What's, like, your problem, anyway!? Besides, you keep climbing up high and making trouble, you're going to biff it and end up with a really heinous injury!" No way sunrise was going to let some crazy pony ruin this chance for her to get to finally meet some of her heroes.

Purple Haze shook her head. "Nay, nay, tis twenty-five, silly! Twenty-six is a roit big number! An' four's a lil' number! Ye cannae turn a big number inta a lil' number by subtractin' one! Ye need tae know this stuff so's ye kin count out bits when ye sell stuff!" She said, urgently. Sure, school was terribly boring, and most of the information was useless... but you HAD to know enough to count out bits! Otherwise you couldn't sell carrots! "See," she said, "Subtractin' one is like countin', except in reverse!"

"Ach! Aye, he'd be here fer sure, me big brae, if'n Oi'd ken tae them bein' here afore t'day! Miss Cheerilee dinnae tell us ahead wot we'd be expectin' t'day!" Purple Haze gave a soft sigh. "An' sure'n Oi'd have brought somethin' of me brae's tae have them sign, if'n Oi'd known. Ah well." She took another garlic-friend carrot stick. "Twenty-five minus one is Twenty-four..." She held out the jar towards Peebee again as she pondered...

Well, maybe she could just get a bit of parchment signed... then she could tape or glue the parchment to whatever her big brae wanted the signature on! Yeah, that's the ticket! She casually reached out one hoof and planted it on top of a frog hopping by, holding it, wiggling, to the ground as she gave the issue of what to do for her big brae some serious consideration.

"Ok Cheerilee, this is it! Try not to giggle like an excited schoolfilly"

Cheerilee took a deep breath and opened the door and what a sight greeted her. Not 2 but 3 Wonderbolts were standing at the door! Cheerilee's heart jumped and she tried to say something, but just before the words came out, she heard a crash (or was that a few crashes?) coming from the general direction of her classroom, her heart sank and no words came out.

Luckily for her, her faux pas went unnoticed, as Spitfire's attention was at somepony at the far distance and Soarin has his head turned and was looking around furtively for something.

Finally the words came "Why hello! You must be the Wonderbolts! The foals have been so excited since they heard you were coming! Why please come in!"

Minimaxie drats and grumbles and drats again! as the pony expertly dodges her obviously incredibly complex and extraordinarily calculated assault on his person. She hmnfs and stops, staring down at the little bluish? pony, she's not sure, she's cold and tired, and hungry. "Oh hush you, I can take care of myself. I don't need anypony looking out for me. I am res.. pond..able enough to live on my own." she hisses, pulling the bag of ants out of her cloak and dumping them all over Sunrise. How rude! and mean. She takes no pleasure in it, because the filly has been nice to her, but examples must be made in the name of progress and world domination. She immediately goes back to looking at the group of spandex laden ponies, it was definitely time to figure out some way to take care of them, she must prove that nopony can possibly stand against her might, now matter how superheroic they are.

(OOC: Posting to catch up and move the plot along!)

Axis winced at Spitfire's obvious annoyance, torn and distraught over the commotion he had caused. Obviously, the last thing he wanted to do was to become a nuisance to his idols, but at the same time the young stallion knew he needed to assert himself and demonstrate his maturity and willingness to take on more important roles and responsibilities. Truth be told, Axis was tired of watching from the sidelines and yearned for more attention, as any young, up and coming athlete would. Delusions of grandeur aside, he was now faced with dealing with the situation at hand...

"B-but Spitfire!" Axis pleaded, a hint of desperation could be heard in his quivering voice. The younger stallion took a brief moment to look to Soarin' for support. Unfortunately, he seemed to be preoccupied with other matters, leaving Axis to his own affairs. Turning back to Spitfire, he took a deep breath before continuing. "I just... ... ...I'm sorry Spitfire..."

Taking one final look at his peers, Axis turned to depart back to Cloudsdale, disappointed not only at the outcome of the situation, but with his own erroneous behavior. However, before he could get two hooves off the ground, a fuchsia colored Earth pony stepped out of the school to greet them and usher the Wonderbolts inside.

Seizing the opportunity presented before him, Axis zipped across the ground with a mighty beat of his feathered wings, coming to a full stop in front of the school door. "Why, dun mind if I do!" The stallion exclaimed loudly as he stepped inside, wearing his usual wide grin. Looking back over his shoulder, Axis mouthed a sincere 'sorry' back towards Spitfire before smiling awkwardly. He would most likely have to pay for all of this at some point, but for now he simply looked forward to enjoying himself.

Spitfire was too busy with access to notice the balloon heading for Soarin' until it had already splattered on the steps of the school. She jumped to the side, her hooves narrowly missing the sticky substance.

“What in the—“ she said, just as Cheerilee spoke. Spitfire stiffened at the sound of the voice behind her. She hadn't even heard the door open. But, satisfied that Axis was on his way, she gave a quiet sigh before turning to greet the Earth pony. Just as she turned to smile at the purple pony, Axis zoomed inside—what was he doing?!

Spitfire withheld the urge to reprimand him set again, ignoring the apology he mouthed. He wasn't sorry in the least! He was disrespectful, ungrateful for his coveted position in the prestigious Wonderbolts. Axis was going to get it, just as soon as this was over. At the moment, though, Spitfire had to put on appearances.

“Hi there! You must be Miss Cheerilee.” she extended her hoof to the teacher.