Famous Visitors [OPEN]

MyLittlePonyTales

Soarin' glanced around for a few more moments, but his attention was drawn away when he heard a voice behind him. He executed a kind of pirouette with a half-barrel turn, and ended up on his hooves on the ground beside Spitfire, maaaaybe a little closer than he should have landed. Maybe.

Then Axis zoomed by, and Soarin' just BARELY remembered where they were in time to stop himself from chasing the junior Wonderbolt down. There was being silly, then there was just plain being rude, but it would have to wait.

"We're glad we could make it!" Soarin' replied to the teacher, once Spitfire had greeted her. He flashed a charming grin, or what he hoped was one, and slipped his goggles down. He had a feeling he'd end up needing them, if balloons of stuff flew out of nowhere here very often. And with that last minute wardrobe adjustment, he was ready to follow Spitfire and the teacher in.

Lilly had not been paying any attention to what had been happening around her in the classroom. She was too caught up in thinking she was "alone".

"Why did Frilly have to go Cloudsdale with Jiktin today?" She thought as she stared down at her desk. Lilly still had not made any new friends since she and Frilly moved here.

Lilly was aware there was to be a "special guest" coming today, but wasn't too sure who they were. Who were the "Wonderbolts"?

While she tried to figure out who they were, based on the ramblings of the other foals, one of Haywire's frogs made its way into Lilly's mane.

"AHH! It's in my mane!" shrieked Lilly as she started running wild around the classroom and eventually out the classroom door.

“What manners!” Cheerilee thought as Axis scurried past her.

She turned her head and glared at Axis, who was fortunately still facing the other way, suppressing her instinctive urge to say something about his manners when she heard somepony call her name. Turning around she noticed Spitfire and her extended hoof.

“Thats me! Pleased to meet you too Miss Spitfire and your colleague too” said Cheerilee, returning Spittfire's hoof-shake and giving a nod and a smile to Soarin.

“Please, this way” Cheerilee beckoned as she turned and started down the hallway, hoping against hope that the crashes she heard earlier were just a figment of her imagination.

Edited by lordbrony

Spitfire followed after the purple mayor, Axis already ahead of them even though he had no idea where he was going. She and Soarin' had made the trip to Ponyville a few times before for shows, but this would be their first visit to this particular school. It was important to make a good impression—the little foals would all go home and tell their parents about the experience, and if any of the Wonderbolts was rude or unprofessionally... word would get around.

Not only was it bad for business, it set a bad image on the rest of the team. Axis hadn't been around long enough to learn that, to understand how important being a Wonderbolt was.

“Try not to mind Axis. He's new.” she tried to stress the word. “Maybe it was a bad idea for him to come at all.” she glared at him behind his back, knowing full well that he could hear her.

However, they'd reached the classroom door, and as they paused in front of it, Spitfire could hear some sort of commotion on the other side. She figured the foals were just chatty and excited that they were getting a visit from the Wonderbolts. It wasn't an unusual occurrence. The teacher left, and the foals got rowdy with nopony around to watch them.

So Spitfire put on a brave face, smiling as she coyly tugged on Axis' tail to bring him back from 'cloud nine' to stand next to her. She pulled him close as Cheerilee moved to open the door, quickly whispering in his ear. “If you mess this up, we ALL look bad. Soarin' and I won't be the only two ponies you have to answer to if you cause a problem.”

Sunrise Beach looked up at the cloaked unicorn incredulously. Like, why was she being so heinous!? Sunrise's opinion only lowered when the odd foal dumped a bunch of ants her! Sunrise shook her body from head to tail like she was tossing off some water, then spat out the couple ants that got into her mouth. The turquoise foal wasn't freaked out, just annoyed. "Hey! Like, what is your problem! That was totally not cool!"

She snorted and turned away to return to the schoolhouse. Rats, the three Wonderbolts had already left! She'd missed her chance! That was just egregious! Now how was she going to get in without everypony noticing? She was soooo going to get in trouble! She looked back up at the stupid unicorn who'd made her miss out on chatting with the Wonderbolts. "Fine, stay in the tree like some ratty crow, like, I sooo don't care!" She then bucked the tree with her two hind hooves. Sure, she wasn't strong enough for the kick to do anything, but it felt better.

She galloped quickly up to the school, resigning herself to being in trouble. At least there was another foal out here - a berry colored unicorn filly was running around in a circle with a frog clinging desperately for life to her mane. Sunrise stepped carefuly around the filly, eyeing the crazy pony carefully. It was just a frog, no reason for such a ridiculous show. As she tried to go into the school house, that crazy unicorn pushed past her to run back inside, knocking Sunrise aside into another pony before crashing into a brown stallion in Wonderbolt garb. She looked to the side to apologize to the pony she'd been pushed into and stopped, her tongue freezing in her mouth - one of the Wonderbolts! It was that toooootaly hot Soarin' who she had a schoolfilly crush on! Oh. My. Celestia. Like, how much more embarrassing could this be!?

(OOC: Sorry for the delayed response, I've been sick. And this post is most likely going to come across as nonsensical...not really sure where I'm going with it... x_x)

Axis listened as best he could as Spitfire whispered her dire warning to him, distracted by the closeness between them. An awkward smile traced across his lips as chuckled out loud. "H-hey c'mon now, Spitfire. There's nothing to worry about..." It was pretty obvious that Axis got the message, a look of raw nerves plastered on his face, though the young stallion tried his best to play it off in his usual cool demeanor.

Taking a deep breath, Axis smiled once more at Spitfire. Alright Axis, let's give them an entrance worthy of the Wonderbolts...no pressure... Pausing for a brief moment, he shook any lingering doubts from his mind before springing into action.

"Nothing to worry about at all Spitfire!!!" Axis cried out suddenly, laughing almost maniacally as he reeled up on his hind legs. Leaping forward towards the classroom door, the crazed stallion landed upon his front legs, spinning around 180 degrees. Time seemed to slow for a moment as Axis nodded at Spitfire and Soarin', wearing his typical overconfident grin before kicking open the door with his hind legs and diving into the classroom.

"Greetings everyp--!!" Axis began to speak excitedly before cutting himself off, astounded at the sight before him. "What's...going...on...???" He asked out loud to no one in particular, completely unaware of the turquoise filly barreling towards him. The next thing Axis knew, the two of them collided, sending him sprawling onto the ground a few feet forward. Dazed and confused, Axis yelped helplessly as a frog leapt onto his muzzle.

"Oh dear" said Cheerilee as she watched Lilly and Axis collide. The seriousness of the situation was broken for a second as she took in the sight of the frog staring at a dazed Axis, an involuntary smile passed through her face for a split second before she managed to compose herself. Are you 2 alright?" helping Lilly up 1st and then Axis and giving Lilly a quick look over and brush down. Once she was certain that the only things they both had were bruises, she pushed open the classroom door slowly and popped her head in for a quick peek; all sorts of nightmare scenerios flashing through her mind......

[ooc: hope a foal character can establish the condition of the classroom in lickity split]

Lilly was still a little dazed from the collision after Cherrilee helped her up. The frog, who had been taken for quite a ride, hopped out of Lilly's hair and toward the exit.

"I-I think I'm okay..." Lilly said as her head bobbed back around.

"It wasn't my fault! There was a lot of talking and hollering and something got in my hair and-" Lilly stopped talking once she saw who she bumped into. A Pegasus wearing a blueish jumpsuit and goggles. Lilly had to hold her hooves over her mouth to keep from laughing.

"I didn't-*chuckle*-didn't realize it was Nightmare Night so soon"

"Come back here, ya hoppin' varmints!" Haywire yelled, still rushing all around trying to retrieve her wild jumping frogs. "Knew I shouldda left y'all back home!"

The rust colored filly dashed all around the classroom, knocking over desks and shattering papers during her pursuit. She really hoped she could catch all her frogs before she got into even more trouble. The Wonderbolts were scheduled to come today, and she wanted to see them in person. Finally, after much time and effort, Haywire retrieved all her frog friends and put them safely back in her large saddlebag.

"Whew! All done at last. Maybe next time instead of frogs, I should bring my snake collection. Them critters would probably be safer!"

Cheerilee's head popped into the classroom; after having imagined the worst, seeing just a few overturned desks was almost a relief. Closest to the door was Haywire, stuffing something into her saddlebag.

"Haywire!" said Cheerilee, whispering so hard it sounded like a hiss "I don't know what happened here, but I am pretty sure it involves some of your pets somehow. Now get a few of your classmates and clean this up right now! The Wonderbolts are here and I don't want them to see our classroom like this"

Shutting the door quickly behind her, Cheerilee turned back to the group, pulling on what she hoped was her best poker face.

"You three must be tired from the long journey, how about we step into the pantr-"

Before Cheerilee could finish, Sunrise barreled cleanly into Soarin, sending her landing on her rump.

EDIT: Changed some of the language

Soarin' had followed the teacher inside, glancing over his shoulder on the way in, and had almost replied when he was barreled into. This one he did NOT see coming, though fortunately the relative weights and inertia of the two ponies meant that Soarin' was merely forced to stumble a step or two.

"Uh...hello there miss," he said once he'd spotted the barrel-er, "You okay down there?"

Brilliant, Soarin'. Sterling dialogue. He mentally berated himself. Still, what's said is said, or something like that.

“I’m sure he’ll be happy with whatever you get him... Ah.”

Grim apathy toward the fading scene of chaos painted Peanut’s features. One of the Wonder Bolts had attempted a dramatic entrance only to run headlong into a panic stricken filly, who was being accosted by a wayward amphibian. Cheerilee seemed tried to salvage the situation through distraction, but was interrupted by a dull thump as yet another filly ran into -- yes that was Soarin’. She hadn’t recognized the first one, but that was defiantly Soarin’ bringing up the rear. Legume farm held the annual Nut Family Bake-Off, an event that the stallion had attended consistently since he discovered the wonders of Grandpa Butternut’s pie. And then there was the mare, her flaming mane one of the few Peanut could recognise from the ground, often leading the graceful formations across the Nimberguist Highland.

Throughout their haphazard entrance, the foal remained quiet, lacking both the astute attention and the giddy excitement that seemed to infect the class. At least they were here now. They’d give a speech of some kind, answer a lot of dumb questions, probably show off some fancy flying and then flit away into the afternoon sky to the cheers of happy little ponies who didn’t know the first thing about them.

Peabee had a limited vocabulary when it came to describing things she disliked, thus “hate” wasn’t a noun that came easily. But as sure as Celestia was white, the little Pegasus hated this whole affair. She hated being stuck here. She hated being a burden. She hated that special arrangements were being made around her, like she mattered. She even hated that everypony around her seemed so much happier than herself, which for her was quite unusual indeed.

But most of all, she hated being so far away from home. Since becoming stranded, nopony had come to find her. Now they had stopped answering her daily letters, the reply of silence fueling the building doubt and paranoia.

Had she had been abandoned? Because she was different?

Not even her brother, Cashew, had wings. That meant something beyond the simple explanation of being ‘special’ that Mommy had proffered on many an occasion. All the whispering ponies did in town, the name calling at school, and the shouting at night that followed any incident. To Peanut, there was no such thing as inexplicable. Something about her had been driving them apart, and now they didn't want her anymore. Running off and getting lost had been the last straw.

It didn't matter that Mr Rockefilly had been so nice to her, or that Miss Birch had taken her in for the week, or even that she had met Haze by chance and rekindled an old friendship. Right now, she felt so alone, and it was all her fault.

Mumbling a word of thanks to her seat buddy, the filly tried a nibble of the sugary carrot stick, finding its fountain of wonderful taste soured slightly by her low mood.

Edited by CherryRie

Snails had not been slack during the frog stampede. He had ran aound the room as well, helping rond them up for the new foal, Haywire.

"Dat should be alla them, eh?" It was awesome to do what he likes to do and manage to help out in class for once.

He trotted back to his seat as he heard the teacher coming with the WONDERBOLTS!

He managed to sit down before one of the still panicked fillies ran into an adult pegasus that just walked in. "Um, Hello..!"

A rustling behind him drew his attention. Peabee seemed to be upset, even when she was nibbling on one of Purple Haze's sweet carrot treats. Now that was poweful upset if that doesnt perk her up!

He whispered "Um, ya okay there?"

"Thank ya, Snails, I owe ya one," Haywire whispered. "Now, could ya help me clean up the rest of the room too?"

The rust colored filly swallowed hard at the huge mess she had made in the pursuit of her wayward frogs. Determined to make up for her past misdeeds in the eyes of Cheerilee, Haywire went to work. She quickly used her hind legs to 'kick' the scattered library books back onto their shelves. Then the filly cleaned up the floor, refilled the tipped over trashcans and even rearranged the top of Cheerilee's desk neatly before returning to her desk.

"Hope we all still git to meet the Wonderbolts! Maybe I can git my brother to build me a set of working wings!"

Cheerilee was in a bind, on one hoof she was fine with the foals being unruly, seeing that she was as excited as them. On the other hoof, she still was the teacherand the Wonderbolts were guests so any apparent shortcomings on their side would inadvertably be linked to her failings as a teacher and role model.

Sunrise's sudden appearance was a similar dillema, she had bought Cheeilee the distraction she needed and Haywire the time (she hoped) to clean up the classroom, but what would the Wonderbolts think about her student being this late for class?

Smiling weakly at the Wonderbolts, she helped the dazed Sunrise up, all the while trying to think of a good face-saving excuse.

"Poor dear's been helping her parents at home" said Cheerilee weakly. "We are a small farming town after all."

Mustering up her enthusiasm, Cheerilee continued "But I think we have wasted enough time and the foals have been buzzing with anticipation ever since they heard you were coming"

"Look natural Cheerilee" she thought to herself, opening the classroom door and ushering Sunrise in before her before striding in, all the while trying not to appear to be checking out the condition of the classroom. "Class, I have some very special guests today. The Wonderbolts!" she announced in the most cheery voice she could muster

Purple Haze looked over at her friend with concern. She was so sad! This wasn't like Peebee, she was usually much happier! Purple considered the problem dutifully as she munched on another carrot stick, forgetting to count down this time. She'd have to do this very gently, very carefully, so as not to hurt her friend's feelings.

"Roit, then, ye're loik a grey sky there. Wot's got ye in such a state? Oi should put ye on a clothes loin out in th' sun, cause ye're a wet blanket t'day!" Hrm. That didn't sound as gentle or as funny as it'd sounded in her head ...

There was a bunch of commotion over by the door, what with miss Cheerilee poking her head in to hiss at Haywire, and Purple was glad as Haywire came by to snag the frog out from under her hoof, but her attention was mainly on her friend.

She said, then, in a quieter voice, "Are ye nay glad tae see me, then? Oi'm nae bein' a bad friend, am Oi?"

She looked up as Miss Cheerilee came in. Ack! She still hadn't figured out what to get them to sign! Ah! She had an idea! She whipped out her crayons and some paper, and got ready to draw any wonderbolt that came in. Her Big Brae liked putting pictures of them up on his walls! Well, she'd just make her own picture for him to put up!

Sunrise Beach felt so embarrassed - here she thought somehow she could sneak into the school without getting caught and getting in trouble. Sure, she didn't actually have a plan other than running in, but somehow she thought it'd turn out all right.

The next thing she'd known, there were the Wonderbolts! And not just any Wonderbolt! She was looking up at Soarin', the dreamiest Wonderbolt of the whole lot! And she'd blundered headlong into him! Ho boy, like, she was in soooo much trouble now. But when she looked up and saw the light blue pegasus smiling back, all her worries disappeared, and it seemed like the sun had come out, even though they were indoors. These pegasus really could do wonders with weather! And he was actually talking to her! Sunrise didn't really hear what he said, but just smiled back up at him like some sort of idiot, trying to think of something to say. Little hearts floated in her eyes as Miss Cheerliee helped her up, but she hardly even noticed her teacher, so entranced was she with the Wonderbolts. then she snapped back to reality! The gig was up!

She ran back over what was just said in full stereoscopic Sunrise-o-vision. First, Soarin', his grin so big, suavely said to her, "Well, hello there, Miss," as if he was channeling the very essence of the Old Spice Colt, a glint shining off of his perfect teeth. She looked to the class, then back to him, then back to the class, then back to him. Yes, he was talking to her! "Are you ... all right?" he asked, with that flirty undertone, as if each word was laced with innuendo. She sighed in rapture. But no! That's not what she was looking for! Cheerilee had said something! What was it? Oh, right!

Surprisingly, Miss Cheerliee seemed to have covered for her, even coming up with some excuse that Sunrise would never have thought to try herself! The turquoise foal was a bit dumbfounded - did that means she wasn't in trouble? She didn't really care, any amount of punishment would be worth it to have Soarin' looking at her in that dreamy way!

When Miss Cheerilee ushered her into the classroom, Sunrise just trotted by Soarin, giving him a big, goofy smile and a sigh. "Like, hiiiiiiiiiii," were the only words the fiercely blushing young filly could think to say before turning to hurry to her seat, a trail of little hearts floating up behind her to cluster amongst the eaves of the little schoolhouse.

She grinned over to Purple Haze, eager to tell her all about what'd just happened, and was surprised to see a new foal - a little pegasus filly with adult-sized wings whom she'd never seen before. That was alright, though, Purple seemed to be friendly with the stranger, so she must be like, cool. Sunrise, still blushing and grinning from ear to ear, just couldn't wait to tell her! "OhmigoshOhmigoshOhmigoshOhmigoshOhmigosh! Hi Purple! Like, aren't you exicted? Like, I am sooo excited! I bet you're excited, too! Esepcially with that totally bodacious Soarin'! Did I tell you I met Soarin?! Eeeeeeee!"

It is astounding how often atempts to hide in plain sight have the oposite effect. The fillies despiratation to remain unknoticed had Haze fretting and even Snails was looking at her worriedly.

“Oh no, please don’t be mytherin’ you two.” Peanut winced, accent slipping as another brick of guilt upset her wheelbarrow of woes “An' s’ne tha’, Hazy. Honest! Av’ missed you sum‘at fierce! Really, I'm okay. Tis’ just -- just, ya know... Stuff...”

Words failing her, the young Paint foal was rescued from certain oblivion by another late arrival. Practically floating into her seat, the bubbly unicorn filly took up station beside Hazy and launched into a string of excitable comments, barely containing her excitement within her athletic frame.

“Bodacious? That’s, umm... nice?” She replied, trailing off once she saw Haze’s attention drawn away from the uncomfortable conversation.

Distraction firmly occupying the earth pony, Peanut shrank back and tried to look innocuous, hoping that the line of question had been entirely abandoned. Though her attention was directed to the front of the class once more, the foal found herself glancing at their new row-mate. She was an odd little addition. Though no medicine mare, Peabee had come to recognise the symptoms of a ‘Jabbering Fan-spasm’ from one of her cousins, an Earth pony who reliably fainted at the sight of DJ Pon-3. Without doubt, Haze’s friend contained more vivacious enthusiasm for the wonderbolts then the rest of the class combined. The way she seemed to vibrate almost imperceptibly with ‘happy’ was almost mesmerizing.

• 2 weeks later...

Before Spitfire had a chance to say anything, Axis has charged forward with quite a bit of flair. That still didn't change the fact that he was Axis, young and still learning—and the next thing she knew he had landing on the floor with a thud. She rubbed a hoof against her face, knowing that he was going to mess something up—more than he already had.

But, with another glance at him in his ridiculous predicament, she had to stifle a laugh. It served him right for coming in the first place anyway. She did her best to regain her composure by clearing her throat, but as she peeked into the classroom her jaw dropped and her eyes went wide. But she turned away, coughing to hide her expression, as Cheerilee slammed the door in front of them.

And just at that moment, Soarin' was the one being tripped up by a wayward foal. Stallions. She rolled her eyes. This was why the Wonderbolts needed a female captain, and why reserve members didn't come on appearance trips. But Spitfire took a deep breath and let it out slowly, trying to ease the irritation she felt. These publicity appearances were supposed to be short and sweet, show up, sign some autographs, take some photos, and answer questions. But Axis and Soarin' were turning it into some sort of circus clown act!

But, no time to focus on that now! She strode in slowly behind Miss Cheerilee, looking around at all the foals and smiling at everypony. She enjoyed kids, to an extent. The excited and shocked looks on their faces were so funny, Spitfire just couldn't help smiling.

Axis' world was still spinning as he was helped back up onto his hooves by Cheerilee, however it soon passed as the stallion regained his composure. A young, pinkish filly seemed to be the one whom had collided with him, significantly smaller in size and stature when compared to the larger pegasus. It was a wonder she was able to move Axis at all, let alone topple him over.

Before Axis could lift a hoof to see if she was okay, however, the filly was overtaken by a fit of giggles at the sight of his costume. The stallion cocked an unamused eyebrow at the instigator, feeling the heat of a rising annoyance overtaking him. The Wonderbolts were everything to Axis, and joining them was a life-long dream that he had achieved through sheer perseverance and determination...to joke about them was no laughing matter. But, at the same time, perhaps the young filly wasn't the only one making a mockery of the Wonderbolts. Axis cringed inwardly as he reminisced about his recent behavior towards Soarin' and Spitfire.

With a heavy sigh, Axis smiled towards the pink filly. "And I didn't realize that such a small squirt like you could be so fast, catching a Wonderbolt like me off guard!" he grinned cheerfully, letting go of his prior annoyances. "It's too bad you don't have wings..." Axis chuckled as he followed Spitfire into the classroom.

Lilly's laughter subsided after the flame haired Pegasus revealed he was a Wonderbolt. Lilly did not know who the Wonderbolts were though she had heard that name several times, today. Whoever they were, they are a big deal according to the other foals in class. It was about this time that Lilly noticed 2 other Wonderbolts behind the one she had bumped into. Lilly was about ask: "Who are the Wonderbolts?" but the sight of the other 2 adults intimidated her. Instead she asked: "Are you why are the others are acting crazy?"

Lilly didn't wait for an answer; instead she quickly trotted back into the classroom and to her desk at the back of the room, near the window and next to Frilly's empty desk. Once at her desk, Lilly opened it up and took a few gumdrops from her "stash" before going back to her daydreaming.

Purple Haze giggled softly at Sunrise's bubbly gleefulness. She didn't even have a chance to say anything, not really, and she doubted Sunrise would even notice. Soarin, huh? Carrot had her make a pie for Soarin'! She was ready for this!

She was worried for her friend PeeBee, but she didn't know what to say. Especially since she had to draw a picture of the Wonderbolts for her big brae! She settled in with her blue crayon held in her mouth - they always wore blue, after all!

The first wonderbolt in through the air was easily recognizable. Carrot had a picture of her on the wall of his workshop! He really thought spitfire was pretty! She smiled as she leand forward and doodled on the piece of paper on her desk, quickly drawing a sketchy outline of a pony. She started swapping out crayons, drawing little yellow stripes on the legs, and adding a bright orange hair and tail. She was so excited - Carrot would love this!

Then the second pony came in! She didn't recognize him, but she drew a stallion on the page. She thought the other wonderbolt was going to be Soarin'! Oh well, no big deal. She drew happily, her eye flitting between the Wonderbolts and her sheet of paper.

Sunrise just smiled big, ear to ear big! She was excited enough to actually see some of the Wonderbolts close up, as she had never been privileged enough to attend an actual show, but she actually got to touch one!! And such a dreamy one too!!

Looking over at Purple's Haze's desk, she noticed her waiting with the blue crayon over the paper. "Ooo, are you going to, like, draw them? Like, that would be so bodacious! Be sure to draw Soarin', cuz he is like, sooo studly! Did I like, tell you I met him?! I toooootally did!" Sunrise Beach wasn't just bragging - she was blushing, still feeling a little embarrassed about running into him, but that was alright, it was worth the embarrassment! After all, he'd SMILED at her! He'd called her 'Miss!' He'd asked if she was all right! Oh, she was SO all right!

Leaning forward some, Sunrise could see another filly, a white one with some brown splotches, her brown mane done up in pigtails which gave her quite the rustic look, at least in Sunrise's eyes. What was very weird, though, was the cloak she was wearing. There was no doubt, though, that the little filly was a pegasus - even the cloak couldn't hide the biggest wings that Sunrise had ever seen on a little filly. It was someone new, which meant a new potential friend, and Sunrise so wanted to have as many friends as possible! The turquoise unicorn leaned over some towards the pegasus, "hiiiiiii, like, my name's Sunrise Beach! Like, I'm neeeeew here, what's your name? Are you excited about the Wonderbolts too?? You must be excited cu'z like they are so cool, plus you're a pegasus! Like, you might even be one someday!!"

Waiting for an answer, Sunrise's attention was drawn back towards the front of the class as the Wonderbolts filed in, all three of them. She knew each by name - Spitfire, Axis, and, of course, the dreamy Soarin'. She wondered if the other foals were as excited as she was, but she couldn't take her eyes off the wonderbolts. Shouldn't there be more ooooos and aaaahs? Maybe they hadn't noticed the Wonderbolts yet. "Isn't this exciting?" Sunrise said to the pink filly near her with the gumdrops, then over to to Purple's pegasus neighbor, "Isn't this exciting! Umm ... Like, what's your name, again?"

As the energetic unicorn looked away, Peabee’s face slid from confusion into utter abject horror.

“Muh-Me? In the whu-wonderbolts?!?” She squeeked hopeing despirately that she had simply missheard the new arrivel.

But Sunrise was right, wasn’t she. All Pegasus wanted to be part of these aerial aces, how many others would assume that she would want to join too? Peanut looked around franticly, there were only a couple of other pegasi in the whole class, and none of them even looked ready to fledge! Oh Celestia, what if the wonderbolts themselves spotted her and assumed it too? What if they wanted to see her flying or... oh gosh, what if they wanted her to join them!?!

Mouth a gawk, the paint foal was snapped back to reality as the taller unicorn repeated her question

“Ahh, umm-puh-Peanut Butter,” Peabee stammered, frantic eyes snapping first to the troop of winged visitors and then back to the new acquaintance.

“You don’t think they’d actually...” she hissed in a panicked whisper, hooves covering her head as though the ceiling were about to cave in. “I can’t be in the wonderbolts! Dad would go Spare!”

Snails' attention had wandered again after PeaBea told them to stop worrying over her.

He was currently watching Spitfire with the same devotion he had shown TGAP Trixie, Miz Twilight Sparkle, and Miz Misty Magic. He was doodling a picture of the awesome Wonderbolt mare with a pencil. "Sweeet! We got Spitfire here at our school! Awesome!"

He imagined having those sweet wings Misty Magic had accidently gave him once and flying alongside Spitfire, and doing barrel rolls and...

Suddenly, his ear twitched at a panicked whisper... Peabee? Not wanting to be in the Wonderbolts? Is that what's got her tail in a twist?

He turned his head in surprise, whispering "Peabee? Ya sure you're okay? Ah dont think th' Wonderbolts are recrutin' t'day. Otherwise, id' hunt up that Awesome unicorn, Misty Magic, and have her put wings on me agin'..."