Famous Visitors [OPEN]

MyLittlePonyTales

Spitfire smiled at the eager red filly and pointed a hoof at her. “Alright, settle down. To be a Wonderbolt, yes, you do need a set of wings. That usually means that you you need to be a Pegasus... but if you happen to become one anytime soon, come see me at a show or write me a letter.” Spitfire winked. “We hold tryouts a few times a year, although our manager is really the one who sets up the dates and locations. Soarin' and I try to attend all the tryouts, and anypony else on the main squad who is available attends as well.”

Then a somewhat tall yellow colt suddenly approached her. He held up a rough sketch (if it could be called that) and asked for an autograph. “Sure... we'll be happy to sign anything you like, right after the Q & A session.” Spitfire patted his head with a hoof. Where was the teacher that was supposed to be controlling the class?

That's when she noticed that a green filly with a rather scruffy mane had joined in behind the colt. Her accent was a little difficult to decipher, but Spitfire understood well enough what she wanted. ”Ceptin' yer nae wearin' all ye costume in it!” Spitfire's eyebrows shot up and her smile faded, as she bit her lip and contemplated a response. “That's uh... nice. Good to know.” She cleared her throat and slapped an awkward smile on her face, hoping that she wasn't blushing too deeply. It was one thing when stallions came and asked her to sign... those pictures, but it was another thing if it was something a kid was looking at.

Spitfire looked out over the classroom when she heard a filly cry out louder than the rest... Although whether she was yelling at the Wonderbolts or somepony else, Spitfire couldn't tell. Luckily, Cheerilee had made it to the front of the classroom by that time. “Sure, as soon as we finish up here. Oh, uh, do you have a few pens that we could borrow for autographs?”

Soarin' waited to make sure everypony had a chance, then addressed the white and brown filly, saying "We've been all over the place, and traveling so much makes it a lot easier to find your way home. I did wander off a lot as a colt, though. It's scary when you're alone, but it's also exciting! Flying over places you've never seen before and discovering new things." As he was speaking, he shuffled over toward Spitfire and, once he was satisfied with the response to the filly's question, he leaned over and whispered: "There are some markers in my saddlebags, I think. I left them outside, but we can grab them in a sec."

He straightened up then and flashed a big grin to the kids. "Alright, if there are no more questions, we can all head outside, and we'll show you guys how we do a couple of our stunts and training routines. We can also sign autographs outside, since it's such a nice day." he said, taking a couple of steps in the direction of the door.

Pumpkin was still pacing back and forth in front of the school thinking about her plans of action, before realizing she did't have any drawing medium with her, or paper for that matter. If she wanted to capture the wonderbolts image she would need her supplies which she left, but if she were to head back they may leave before Pumpkin had a chance to make her way back. "This is my big chance, what do i do!?... I know i could make charcoal, but burning stuff outside of a school would look odd... Maybe if i ask nicely the school will lend me a pencil and a few sheets of paper... Yes that's what i'll do! But how do i ask?" The pink unicorn monolouged for some time as her 'shaky' plan began to unfold.

• 2 weeks later...

(OOC; Might as well post to give this a bump to the top)

Snails bounced on his hooves as Soarin made the suggestion to go outside. "Awesome!"

He then turned to Sunrise Beach as she yelled in frustration, in fact, most of the class had turned to look at her.

The colt shyly clopped on over to the filly, still holding his picture of Spitfire. .

"Um Sunrise Beach? Are ya doin' okay there?"

"YAY! Let's all go outside and watch all them breath takin' tricks and flyin' stuff like that!" Haywire shouted as the rust colored blank flank filly neighed for joy. She was so excited that she literally jumped up and down at her desk.

"I can't wait, I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait!" Haywire shouts as she continued bouncing up and down, unaware of all the loud noises her clopping hooves were making or the fact that she was making the floor beneath the student's desk shake. "YAY WONDERBOLTS! YOU PONIES ROCK!!!!"

Sunrise Beach looked up, her eyes darting about the room; it would seem she didn’t disrupt the class too much - at least not to the point where it would stop the Wonderbolts from ushering the class outside. Normally, this would be great for Sunrise because she would get to see them in action! Instead, here she was, sulking over a lost autograph opportunity; there had to be a way to salvage the situation. Maybe somepony outside could draw her a picture, or give her something that could be signed!

She was still contemplating this situation when she heard Snails voice. Looking up, she saw the lanky colt looking right at her with concern. “Like, its cool ... Well, like, not really, but I can’t like do anything about it right now. So bogus! Like, ever have a crush on somepony, and you really wanted to make a good first impression? But, like, couldn’t, because of some stupidly heinous things getting in your way and junk?”

Sunrise sighed as she stood up - as much of a funk she might be in, she wasn’t going to miss the show. Not with her favorite performers, and especially not with such a dreamboat performing live, up close and personal! That thought actually put a bit of a spring back in her step, especially thinking of how nice he had been to her earlier. Maybe she could ‘accidentally’ run into him again …

((OOC - Took over for the teacher here, let's get this thread moving outside :) ))

Cheerilee gave a tired smile, trying for as bright a smile as she could. It had been a pretty eventful day thus far, and the famous guests had barely arrived - not even having yet put on what would surely be spectacular show. Reaching down behind her desk, the purple mare pulled out a wicker basket full of pencils, pens, markers, and crayons that were a colorful and haphazard mix of abandoned and forgotten drawing supplies by foals over the years. "Let's all get outside now, class, I am sure our talented guests have some amazing stunts to show us all. Perhaps some of you would like to draw them while we are outside - we can get them signed and display them up on the walls here in class!" Cheerilee smiled cheerfully at the idea - she enjoyed giving her students any chance to creatively express themselves, and the foals in her class always seemed to genuinely enjoy any art activities.

Cheerilee ducked down behind her desk and came up with another basket, this one filled with blank paper held down by a paperweight of lavender quartz. "Would one of you in the class be kind enough to carry this out for me?"

Winter Dazzle was charging down the path as fast as she could, late for school but cheery as ever. She was humming to herself as her saddle bags bounced up and down on her back, it was apparent that she needed to get some that fit her much better then these ones did. She knew that today was a special day and didn't want to miss it even if she was a touch late, she sighed and then began to look around not paying attention to where she was going so long as she ended up at school before she wound up missing the whole day.

"Well, at least I didn't sleep all day long this time 'eh?" She said to herself giggling a bit as she had a bit of a sleeping issue when it came to the mornings. She came to the corner before the school and stopped to let another pony pass her by going away from the school she took the time to stretch and yawn, collecting her thoughts she began to hustle by again trying to move fast but not too fast that she looked out of place, she always had to be presentable even when she was asleep. She patted the top of her head with her hoof trying to make sure that her maneband was in place and finding that it was she smiled and began to hum again adding in some words every now and then. "School....fun....learning..." She trailed off as she began to pick up speed, she was almost into the school when BOOM she ran face first into a plum colored pony, she knew this was the school teacher Miss Cheerile.

"Oh, um. Sorry Miss Cheerilee I didn't mean to run into you, I hope I didn't cause any harm or delay in the lesson by ariving late. I will try and never be late again, it has been hard getting used to this new town since I came from Canterlot. Everything is so peaceful here that it makes me want to always just lay in my bed and sleep." She scrunched her snout up a but knowing that she was rambling and that wasn't very Marelike neither was making excuses."I'm sorry for talking so much already Miss Cheerilee, I get carried away sometimes." She hung her head in shame and was prepared for whatever punishment came from the teacher whom she loved and adored with a passion more then she had ever known from over in the schools of Canterlot that didn't care who you were so long as you were there and paid your taxes. Here in ponyville the school teacher knew you by name and even talked to you outside of school to see how you were doing! Winter Dazzle knew that this was in fact her favorite new town and hopefully her last new town. She brushed her mane with her hoof nervously as she sat there. She looked around a bit and noticed some of the Wonderbolts were also here, she smiled nice and wide and waved her hoof at them. She had seen them once before in Canterlot but had no idea what their names were other then Spitfire who was for sure the best Wonderbolt no questions asked. She began to fangirl as she noticed that Spitfire was in fact here along side of Sorin and some other Wonderbolt. She tried to keep herself in a marelike pose while awaiting Miss Cheerilee's punishment but couldn't hold back the massive grin and excitement that she had to actually Spitfire up close!

((OOC: BBB told me I could be in here ;3))

Purple Haze stood confused for a sec - one of the Wonderbolts wanted to sign now, the other said not till later! And now *all* the ponies were going to have pictures they drew for the Wonderbolts to sign! She'd thought she was being clever ... ah well. The important thing would be that Carrot would have an autograph she'd gotten for him! She just had to make sure they didn't fly away till that happened!

She rolled up her little picture and tucked it into her saddlebags, then took the basket from Miss Cheerilee in her teeth and trotted outside, setting it down next to the school where the wind wouldn't hit it too hard, and sat down to wait for the Wonderbolts Show. When Peebee and Sunrise came out, too, she hissed at them and gestured for them to sit down next to her! "Comon!" she whispered, "Watch wi' me!"

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Applejack had once told her that eating frozen Zap Apples was one of the worst things you could do. Not only was it plain dumb to freeze one, but Zap Apples knew when they were being misused out of season. If you had any left over, you had to wait until the new season for them to work. If you tried to eat them out of season, you would get sick. Really sick. But...Zap Apples tasted too good to say no!

Now, she knew to say no. Ever since breakfast, she had felt as though a war had been going on in her stomach. She hadn't let on at home because she didn't want to be left out of the cool meeting with the Wonderbolts, but as she walked to school she felt as though she was going to break inside. The only viable course of action was, the moment she got to the school, duck inside of the bathroom.

There, she had done the only thing her body allowed her to do for what seemed like forever. She had missed the Wonderbolts showing up and all the foolishness of her fellow classmates that surrounded their arrival. Luckily, she felt as though the worst was over by the time everypony started working their way outside. She left the bathroom, a sickly green still, and saw her fellow classmates filtering outside.

"Wha' happened? Thay already left, huh?" She asked, eyes wobbling in her head as she followed her classmates out of habit, asking nonpony in particular.

”Great idea Soarin'!” Spitfire agreed, grinning at him. The classroom was a bit crowded, and though all the foals had the best of intentions, Spitfire was not super keen on being in such close proximity to kids. Oh sure, she liked them well enough... it was just the sticky hooves, runny noses, and noise that she wasn't fond of. Although most of these fillies and colts were old enough to behave themselves, foals were naturally accident prone.

Before following Soarin' through the sea of students, she turned to the teacher. “That's a great idea, Miss Cheerilee!” Spitfire knew how restless foals could get. Though many came to the Wonderbolts show, it was only the adults who paid attention to every maneuver and detail. Most children had coloring books or toys that they brought along, because they were easily bored—but this was true of any event, so Spitfire wasn't overly offended.

Stepping outside, Spitfire moved out onto the grass, opening her wings and flexing them. She did a few exercises, limbering up before the mini-performance. Just because this was a school trip didn't meant that there wouldn't be adults watching nearby, including Miss Cheerilee. All of their moves still had to be flawless.

Axis could wait on the ground with the foals. Not only was he being totally disrespectful today, but more than that, he hadn't practiced with her and Soarin'. He had no clue what the routine was, so it was best if he just stayed out of the way. Spitfire was going to be firm with him, no doubt about that—as soon as she was finished stretching.

"YAY!! LET'S GO OUTSIDE!" Haywire shouted as the rust colored filly bolted for the door as she sang. "Oh we're gonna go outside, we're gonna go outside! We're gonna have a lot of fun when we go outside!"

Haywire pushed her way through her classmates, trying to be the first one out. For her, going in the outdoors for class was just as good as skipping school altogether. Maybe she could pick up a few stones for her slingshot if things got too boring. The blonde maned blank flank filly was quite a good shot with her slingshot. Or maybe she could burn some ants with the mirror and magnifying glass in her saddlebag. But for now, she was THRILLED to be going out to see the Wonderbolts! If ONLY she could fly!

Snails ulped as Sunrise started asking him about crushes. what could he say? Before he could stop it, he blurted out the truth about his earlier crush.

"Umm....ummm... eyup.. Getting an Ursa Minor ta visit was totally th' wrong way ta go about gettin' her attention. Thats one mistake ah wont make again, eh. Ah am so over her anyway since he was revealed ta be a phony."

He blinked "Um didja need help with a picture or anything? We gotta get outside and watch th wonderbolts do their thing, eh!"

Snails loped ahead to the door "Mebbie we an all help ya do a picture?" as he went outside.

((I figure Cheery still needs to reply, then I can have Sunrise reply, anyone outside can do so and then its Wonderbolt show time! :D ))

Cheerilee smiled proudly when the young earth pony, Purple Haze, took the extra basket with her outside. She was one of the older of Cheerilee's students, had matured considerably over the year, almost to the point she could be a teaching assistant to the youngest students - but for now, Cheerilee was just happy to have help with this simple task.

Cheerilee started to thank Purple when there was a flurry of light blue movement and a sharp impact. Cheerilee recovered quickly, but not before her basket of drawing supplies rained down in a mess over the floor all around her. The young filly, Winter Dazzle, was already profusely apologizing. Cheerilee gave her newest student a stern look of disapproval. "Now, young filly, I am not disappointed because you ran into me, that was an accident, though you should know better than to run inside. I am upset that you're half a day tardy for class! I don't know what the schools in Canterlot were like, this is simply unacceptable! We can discuss any disciplinary action after school, but for now, please clean up all the drawing supplies and bring it outside. You don't want to miss the Wonderbolts, now that the show is about to start!" Cheerilee gave a reassuring smile with that last statement, and left Dazzle to the task, certain it wouldn't take her too long to get outside.

Cheerilee stopped off at the bathroom door before heading outside. "Applebloom! Are you alright? You've been in there an awful long time." Cheerilee was worried about the small yellow earth pony - she still looked a bit pale and tired, but not as bad as before. "If you want to, Applebloom, you can go home, but I am not going to make you go. I know how rare to is to see the Wonderbolts like this, so I will leave it up to you." Normally, Cheerilee would be much more inclined to send an older foal to get one of Applebloom's family to take her home, but she wouldn't want any foal, even a sick one, to miss such a rare treat. She'd just keep a close watch.

(I’ve made a few assumptions here, so if anything’s wrong, just poke me with a stick and I’ll correct them.)

Peanut hadn’t really been paying all that much attention to the actual presentation, caught up with listening to those around her rather than the guests of honour. So it was quite a surprise to her when Snails and Sunrise suddenly started wandering away. Realising Hazy hadn’t come back to her seat yet, Peanut looked around franticly as though lost, finally noticing that the teacher was corralling everypony outside for a demonstration.

With Cheerylee’s announcement, the classroom quickly begun to empty into the midday sunshine. Charged as ever, Haywire practically bounded out of the door, but was closely followed by a small herd of excitable foals. Tagging on behind Sunrise and Snails, the paint filly listened in on their conversation, tilting an ear and making an exaggerated gagging noise at the talk of ‘crushes’. Colts were a major source of cooties, everypony knew that. Yet now that they were moving into the open, Peanut really began to notice just how preoccupied her friend seemed to be. Even while talking to talking to her cootie ridden comrade, Sunrise’s gaze would drift back to the wonderbolts.

Out in the playing field, the guests were stood stretching themselves as though they’d just woken up from a nap. Muscles tensed beneath their sleek flight suits, those beneath their sinuous wings particularly defined and radiating power. Spreading their wings majestically, the duo twisted and flexed each feather in a display of graceful control, the midday sun shimmering across every vane.

Peanut ruffled her wings, shedding a small pillow’s worth of down as she did so. There have been something… distracting about the performers. Like they were each a tornado compacted down into a pony body.

She couldn’t see the point. While their talk had been bore-tastic, Peanut was fairly certain they couldn’t have slept through it, given that they’d been doing much of the talking. Putting it down to ‘a flying thing’, the little Pegasus nearly ran into the back of sunrise as the other filly suddenly change direction. Drawing herself around, PeaBee spotted their wayward friend on the grass a little distance away, now sporting a hamper full of paper and crayons.

“Thanks for saving us a spot, Hazy.” Smiled the Pegasus, colecting some paper and pencils before settling down next to her friend. “Think they’ll just be doing all the same stuff as over the lakes?”

As Sunrise joined the two, PeaBee crooked an ear at the unicorn’s slightly distant expression.

“Why are you so worried about impressing them?” She asked, innocently. “They said they’d be given autographs anyway, so its not like you'd have to be friends to get one?”

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

"Applebloom! Are you alright? You've been in there an awful long time." Cheerilee's worry was not well masked, though it spoke far less of some sort of panic and more a near parental concern for the safety of a student. Apple Bloom couldn't ask for a teacher who cared as much or as well.

Apple Bloom was following behind some random foals who were slowly leaking outside to see the daring flyers of the Wonderbolts when she heard Miss Cheerilee's concerned voice as she spoke into an empty bathroom. Then the mare finally found her charge and the she continued, Apple Bloom having woozily turned around to look at her teacher.

"If you want to, Applebloom, you can go home, but I am not going to make you go. I know how rare to is to see the Wonderbolts like this, so I will leave it up to you."

Apple Bloom managed a forced, almost straining smile at her teacher's kindness. The one thing you could always count on from a teacher, a mare, like Cheerilee was understanding how important dates like this were to developing foals. To an adult, maybe stuff like this was common or maybe they just became dulled to it, but today at Apple Bloom's school were the Wonderbolts. Nopony else could claim to be at their level, and across the land they were held in high esteem. And today they were visiting her school and not demanding anything but what the foals were likely to pay anyway: awe and attention. Awe and attention could quickly turn into love, affection, obsession, determination, and realization...and while Apple Bloom would never claim to be that big a fan of the Wonderbolts, it was groups like them that could capture the attention of the younger generation and shape them. Cheerilee was smart to know this.

Plus, Cheerilee was always so kind. Apple Bloom had never once seen her temper flare up and considering the ponies who were under her care, that probably took quite the skill.

"Nah, ahhhhhhh'll be okay Miss Cheerilee...just a bad case of the...zap apple fever, th...that's what its called, ah reckon. Ah'll be okay, feelin' like an apple left in tha sun one too many days naw but sure as Celestia raises th' sun, ah'll be okay for the show..." She said, her eyes betraying her words as she eventually stumbled away from her teacher and towards the outside door.

After a brief moment or ten, time seemed to be still and then pushed forward in a flurry of images, the young Apple found herself outside and in open air. Immediately, she could feel her health improve. That was probablt just psychological, but she'd take anything. When Apple Bloom had been just a wee itty bitty foal and had been causing a terrible racket due to some sort of illness, her sister had often taken her outside before doing anything else. Maybe it was an Apple thing, an Earth pony thing, and Equestrian thing, or maybe it was just Apple Bloom, but fresh air had always been almost as effective as any medicine. At least psychologically, as she was still staggering about like a pony who had been hitting the hard cider too much.

“Why are you so worried about impressing them?” some filly nearby asked, Abby failing to match a name momentarily. “They said they’d be given autographs anyway, so its not like you'd have to be friends to get one?”

Apple Bloom stumbled towards the pony in question, though less a b-line and more of a wave. In the end, she had wandered into the general vicinity of both the speaking pony and the colts and fillies nearby.

"Ah, so, so them wonderbolts are still 'ere?" She asked, excitement edging through the illness to weave through her words. She then cast a glance around and saw the flight team preparing to do what they did best, which was dazzle and amaze. They sure looked majestic even as they stretched.

"Oh, there thay are," She said, grinning vapidly as she plopped down in an unmarelike fashion on her flank. She was now as still as she could be, though her head still moved in small circles as if in compensation.

((OOC Note - Posting Sunrise Beach and Cheerilee separately for the moment))

It took a lot to get Sunrise Beach's attention off the Wonderbolts for even a moment, but Snails' tale was certainly enough to do that. "Like, uhh ... Did you, like, say an Ursa Minor???" It sounded so far-fetched! An Ursa was one of the legendary Zodiac Beasts, creatures of magic and subject of totally radical foalhood stories of adventure and excitement! She'd never before met a pony who'd actually seen one! "Like, we gotta talk after class, dude, 'cause that is the most gnarly, totally awesome thing I've heard a colt do for a filly, even if you are, like, totally crazy and junk! What did she think?" She didn't think he was lying at all – it was just so crazy sounding, and he didn't seem the sort who would be bold enough to lie, he was too dorky. Very nice, but very dorky. And it was nice of him to want to help!

She stepped outside with the colt, and smiled to him as she gave a wave, then hurried to where Purple Haze was waving her over to sit under a nice shady tree. She had only gotten to know Purple Haze recently, but there already seemed to be a friendship forming with this kindred spirit. She was all into sports like Sunrise was, and she was an older filly! It would be so radical to have a friend like that. It wasn't that Sunrise didn't appreciate her CMC friends, it was just cool to have older friends, too. "Isn't this, like, going to be sooooo beyond excellent, Purple?! I mean, we get to TOTALLY see them up close and personal, this so totally awesome!! I just need to find something like, to get them to sign!" That worried, despondent twinge shivered through her again.

She was confused, though, that Peanut Butter failed to 'get it'. "Like, I want to impress them because they are the most gnarly athletes in Equestria!! Look at all the totally radical, righteous moves they do when they fly! You are sooooooo lucky, you get to fly up there like them, that's so radical! Plus ..." Sunrise pointed towards the light blue male Wonderbolt leader with her forehoof, a big, silly, blushing grin suddenly spreading over her face, "Heeeee is just, just, like, sooooooo dreamy~ Soarrrin'~" One could swear hearts were bubbling off of the twitterpatted filly as she gazed towards the Wonderbolt with soft, dreamy eyes, certain that Peebee would, of course, understand.

As Soarin' trotted lightly along with his confident gait, his mane bouncing and blowing in the breeze, his eyes bright and his brilliant smile sparkling in the sunlight, Sunrise's gaze followed after him unerringly. She sighed as a something yellow and red got in the way of her perfect view. Oh, hey, that was Applebloom! And she didn't look so great... If Sunrise felt like she looked, she'd be home … unless, of course... there was a Wonderbolts show to watch! I mean durr, I wouldn't miss them even if I had, like, the Pony Pox! Sunrise trotted over to the woozy yellow earth pony, "Abby! you can't, like, sit out in the sun like this, not cool!" With that she grabbed Applebloom's tail with her teeth and pulled her back under the shady tree with her other friends.

Being scolded wasn't much fun, Winter Dazzle could tell you that. She knew that Cheerilee wasn't mad at her, more so just disappointed in her that she wasn't looking where she was going and caused a huge mess, and right in front of the WonderBolts too!

"Now, young filly, I am not disappointed because you ran into me, that was an accident, though you should know better than to run inside. I am upset that you're half a day tardy for class! I don't know what the schools in Canterlot were like, this is simply unacceptable! We can discuss any disciplinary action after school, but for now, please clean up all the drawing supplies and bring it outside. You don't want to miss the Wonderbolts, now that the show is about to start!" Were the teachers words to her, and the smile Cheerilee added at the end simply broke all thoughts in Winter Dazzle's head and left her staring for a few minutes as that picture was forever saved in her head. She knew that she had to own up to what she had done and was sorry for running into Cheerilee and causing the mess that was for sure, and to be honest she had no idea that the Wonderbolts were even IN Ponyville. Winter Dazzle quickly grabbed all the supplies and placed them neatly back into the basket, her OCD making sure that everything was color coordinated and was in descending color order when she was done. It took her strangely longer then she had hopped for but sometimes it was for the better that she take things slow.

“There! All done!” The filly proclaimed very loudly and very proudly of the fact that the basket was now in such an amazing order and a very happy grin streaked across her face. Whatever punishment Cheerilee had in store for Winter Dazzle she was more then willing to take it. She was at fault obviously and since she knew that there was nothing worse then avoiding the backlash from it. She also observed what seemed to be a sickly filly walking out of the restroom a bit...disoriented? She had heard Cheerilee call her Apple Bloom, that made her one of the famous Apple Family Members then! Well...perhaps...the only way to be certain was to ask, maybe she could convince this Apple Bloom to take her on a tour of the local farm, but that was a thought for another day. What was more important right now was the Wonderbolts, but more important then that Spitfire!

"Huh? What?" Thought Lilly as she snapped out of her daydreaming.

Lilly had been so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't realize everypony was leaving until most of them had made their ways out the door. Not wanting to get in trouble for 'not listening' again, the purple filly scampered to pile of excited foals wanting to witness the Wonderbolts in action.

As they slowly made their way outside, Lilly began to worry if she missed anything important in her daze. But this feeling did not last long. Shortly after feeling the warmness of the sun hit her worried face, a tiny ladybug landed softly on her little nose. Focusing her eyes on the red, spotted insect, the little Unicorn could make out what liked like a smile on its face. Only staying but a few seconds, the ladybug lifted off and fluttered to its next destination.

Filled with glee and admiration, the purple foal followed the bug, leaving the group of her schoolmates.

Cheerilee was in a good mood - it was a glorious sunny day outside, warm with a light breeze, perfect for the Wonderbolts to show off any sort of stunt. She watched as the last of the foals went outside and Winter Dazzle organized the drawing supplies in a very precise manner. "No need to have them just right, it was a bit of a mess to begin with," she assured the young foal. All that was needed was some boards for the foals to put the paper on for support. The magenta mare trotted over to a shelf and grabbed a couple thin boards with her teeth, swinging her head to precisely toss them onto her back. After a few years of being a teacher, she has gotten quite good at ol' grab and toss. She snagged several more boards, the pile on her back growing quite tall. All the foals had slipped outside by this point, so Cheerilee followed afterwards, the well-balanced boards bouncing slightly on her back.

As usual, the foals were rather unorganized, clustered into little groups. She trotted up to the picnic table and slipped the boards onto it. "Purple, Winter, just place the supplies here, please." She looked around and did a quick mental head-count, taking an extra moment to make sure that Apple Bloom was looking all right. Hopefully the fresh air and sunlight would do her good. "Alright, class, we have paper, drawing supplies, and boards if anypony wants to draw something for our esteemed guests to sign after they show us their amazing moves! Hopefully you'll get a chance to ask more questions too before they have to go. Don't forget that we're doing an essay on the Wonderbolts after they leave!" Sure, the foals wouldn't like the idea of homework, but this was still school and she wanted them to be able to get something educational out of all of this. How better to practice their research and writing skills than to write about such famous heroes?

Cheerilee turned to give their guests a warm smile. "I think we are as ready as we will ever be! I am sure the class will pay attention as soon as you start. I'll let you take it from here!" Cheerilee glanced back over the class again, running her head count once more as she did every couple minutes when the class was outside. No luck, one of them was lost in the clouds, figuratively speaking, as Lilly, a young, dark pink unicorn foal, was wandering off and seemingly oblivious. "Lilly!" Cheerilee called gently, "Lilly, please join the rest of the class, our guests are about to start!"

• 3 weeks later...

Pre-flight stretch, check. Wind speed at oh point three wing power from the north northeast. Temperature at about seventy eight, terrain is a class three, wings are primed, set. Set. Kneel, adjust for wind, Trees at two o'clock and two degrees to three o'clock and seven. Steady...

As Soarin' checked through the routine and pre-show procedures in his head, mostly making things up as he went along, he took note of Spitfire's position, and the foals' and the cloud cover. Yes, that direction would be best, the sun would be in his eyes for the three-quarter roll, but he knew that well enough to close them anyway. With one last glance around he lowers his goggles into position. Alright, routine. Bring it.

He gave the signal and launched into the air before it had time to stop echoing in his ears. The point of the demonstration was not to impress so much as to educate, so he wasn't quite going fast enough to generate the storms the team was known for, but he still executed the first portion of the routine, a few simple shoot-the-loops over the foals to get into gear.

• 2 weeks later...

Spitfire continued her warm up exercises as all the foals got settled. She flexed her wings, flapping them up and down a few times slowly so as to keep all four hooves on the ground. She did leg push ups and stretches as well. Even though her legs weren't the main part of the routine, she couldn't afford anything like a leg cramp interfering.

She turned to Soarin', giving him a smile and a wink. She held her hoof up for a hoof-pump, which Soarin' readily obliged. Goggles on, and then she was off, taking to the air in a flash. She closed her eyes as she ascended, taking in a breath of air and holding it. She released the breath, just as her eyes shot open again—it was time to begin.

Spitfire paused a moment, and her wings stopped flapping. Flipped onto her back, she allowed herself to free fall. A few seconds into the fall, she could hear gasps from the ground below. She smiled upwards at the sky, as the wind whistled past her body.

Not a moment too soon, in half a second she righted herself. Spitfire's wings caught her like a parachute, allowing her to slow herself in mid-air. Then, with a flick of her tail, she was off, letting each trick lead her body into the next.

She did a few in air somersaults, followed by a dive to the ground and a swoop just inches before the earth. Then she was up in the air again, with more dives, swirls, loops, swoops, and other tricks. Then she performed her last solo move, her signature double inside out loop.

Soarin' had flown along with her during the routine, performing his own half of it. Some of their parts were done in unison, others were not. But it was all flawlessly executed. The last move was one they performed together, soaring into the sky but still in clear view of the crowd. They dove, crisscrossing around each other dangerously, before banking and then landing squarely on the ground.

Spitfire bowed, taking the cheering time to catch her breath. She slipped her goggles from her head, pulling back the face mask of her suit to rest on her shoulders. Then she slipped the goggles back onto her head, so as not to lose them. Yep, another perfect show.

Haywire was quietly happy, it was her lucky day!

Not only had she been late for class, she had accidentially unleashed all of the frogs in her collection in the classroom, and the rust colored filly had escaped severe punishment from Miss Cheerilee!

Excited to be outside, Haywire walked over to stand with Snails.

"Golly Snails, can you BELIEVE IT? The famous Wonderbolts are HERE and are gonna PERFORM for us! Hay! I have an idea! You're a unicorn, could you use your magic to lift me up into this tree so I kin git a better look at'm?"

Snails ulped and turned to look at Haywire as the Wonderbolts began.

Since he had nothing to say that could possibly stop Haywire from finding a way to try, he shrugged "Ah kin try, that's all ah can promise, Haywire."

Snails gritted his teeth and concentrated on lifting Haywire, the sound of a starter motor cranking like crazy roared as sparks sprayed from the tip of his tiny horn.

Haywire rose slowly, nearing a branch, when suddenly a bee landed on his flank.

His tail automatically swatted the offending bug before he could see what it was, and the bee responded in kind.

Snails yelped in pain and jumped up into the air, while his horn flashed and sent Haywire further up into the tree than she wanted...

Snails moaned as he saw the red bump on his flank, then watched as the Wonderbolts finished their routine

He rubbed the bump and groaned "Not again! owwww! that huuurt! Ummm hay! Where's Haywire?!"

He looked up... and up, finally seeing her way up in the tree. "Umm, Hay Haywire! you okay up there?"

((OOC - Will post Cheerilee once the other foals get a chance to react))

The moment the Wonderbolts began their warming up for a demonstration, Sunrise Beach was seeing and thinking about nothing else. She so loved sports and athleticism, and although the Wonderbolts were not in any competitive league (save for the occasional intra-group competitions), they were still the epitome of athletic excellence, and she paid attention to every little detail. She watched silently and attentively as they did their pre-flight routines - it didn't matter that she wasn't a pegasus and could never fly, it was still just as exciting. Of course, she paid just a little bit more attention to Soarin', but he was just so handsome! She couldn't help but wonder give a gleeful little giggle as she wondered whether or not he had a fillyfriend yet - not last she'd heard, he didn't!

And her attention just got more focused as they took into the air, performing all sorts of incredible moves. She trembled with eager anticipation the entire time, her eyes wide, a huge grin on her face. "Like, aren't they just the most radical, most gnarly, most totally awesome flyers EVER?" The question wasn't quite aimed at her friends - it was really more of a rhetorical question as her eyes were glued to the pegasus ponies in the air, the filly occasionally lettout an 'ooooo' or an 'aaaahhhh.'

She barely remembered to pound the ground with her little forehooves in applause as Spitfire landed, her eyes still glued upon Soarin', up in the air. So graceful, so strong, so very handsome, she couldn't help herself. Giggling she just had to comment, "OhmiGAWSH, soooo bodaciously rad! Soooo hawt!" she said with a lovestruck sigh. Blissfully, she had even forgotten that she still didn't have anything for them to sign.