Famous Visitors [OPEN]

MyLittlePonyTales

WinterDazzleBanner.png

Winter Dazzle looked at the Wonderbolts as they did their tricks and stunts in the air as she hooted and hollered for them. She had already seen the preform live before but this was interesting, this was just a few small tricks for them to amaze the foals with. She stared on to Spitfire even as she peeled the suit back from her face and caught her breath. Was the routine really that hard?

"Oh wow, that was amazing!" She spoke quickly in short bursts. "I've seen them preform before, but that was still amazing, best performance ever!" She took a deep breath and looked around, she needed to learn to control herself if she was going to not get punished for being loud and disruptive. Maybe if I just learned to be shy and not talk so much that would be for the better. She still took glances over to Cheerilee and the other foals to make sure that they were all enjoying themselves before she walked slowly over to a shaded spot and sat down all by herself with a silly grin on her face as she watched them all in front of her. She wasn't too far outside the group and could still be included in conversations but was too busy still gazing at the Wonderbolts.

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom was perfectly fine in her position. She, after all, was in the same position. It was the rest of reality that was shifting and moving around like a wave, much to her chagrin. Still, watching Soarin' and Spitfire practice and stretch put her at ease. Their confidence was ingrained into their very being, movements refined even beyond the sheer simplicity of practice. She knew that look. Applejack had it when she stretched in the morning to go applebucking, her confidence becoming something more than a mental exercise in motivation and instead a tangible tool. Afterwards, it was like the job was ten times easier than it ever could have been before. Was it just because of the stretching making her body looser and more flexible, able to deliver power easier and keeping her feeling as fit as a thimble? Maybe, but Apple Bloom preferred to think of it instead as if the really cool ponies could all make reality bend to their wills and all it took was a little joint grease to get it going.

What the hay am I even thinking?!, Apple Bloom moaned to herself, unable to even process a coherent thought. That sucked lots, because while she wasn't somepony who felt the need to be reading philosophy and quote it, she would have loved to be able to not have her thoughts getting wildly off-kilter at every turn. Instead, she wondered if she could do even simple math like two plus two. A quick check revealed she could, but it didn't make her stomach feel better, her bones feel stronger, or for the color to come back to her pelt. She looked down and sighed, taking in a deep breath. The things a filly would go through to see some famous ponies!

So focused was she on her willingness to not throw up or make a fool of herself that for a second, she didn't realize she was being pulled along the ground by Sunrise. When she started to believe that the movement wasn't due to the earth itself becoming a wave and passing her by. She swerved her head around and saw Sunrise pulling her by the tail away. Apple Bloom left her awkward position for a few seconds too long and after a few seconds, she fell forward onto the dirt. The impact shook her from whatever molasses had consumed her and she swiftly leapt back up, pulling her tail back out of Sunrise's mouth and the ruby streams on her face giving her the first color of the day.

"Naw, I, uhhh-" Abby began before her hooves flew up to her mouth in an effort to contain the bile that was shooting out. The effort was not in vain and a moment later, the noticeable green-tinged filly took several deep breaths.

"T-thanks, Sunrise, err...uggh...mighty hot out thar," Apple Bloom weakly bleated before she laid down on the grass next to her friend. She was a good one for sure, and though Abby hadn't known her for long she had always done right by the Apple filly. That kindness would be repaid with interest some day, probably every day. But for now all the fully could do was lay on her side and watch the Wonderbolts start their performance.

She was so very comfortable, the grass being decidedly colder than her. The beads of sweat that dripped off of her slammed into the ground in small streams, slowly dampening the grass around her head. It provided a wonderful contrast to her pale form that felt like it was burning at a thousand degrees. She maneuvered her head to get into a comfortable position to watch the show.

And promptly fell asleep for the whole thing. By the time the filly woke up, Spitfire was taking a bow. Apple Bloom stomped the ground in frustration.

"Darnit! What the hay'd ah miss?! Was it good? It figures, ah stay in school to see the show and ah miss it?! Land's sake," Apple Bloom squealed as she sat up, feeling momentarily better. All around her, the class had started to draw all manners of pictures for their heroes. How many were based on what they had just witnessed? The filly almost felt like crying. Who knew that a bad zap apple could do all this? She sighed heavily, one hoof to her head.

"Was it pretty cool, Sunrise?"

Purple Haze watched the show with interest - she'd never really *seen* a Wonderbolts show before, and she could see why her big brae liked them so much. It was interesting! Not as much as everypony made it out to be, but ... really, she was more worried about Apple Bloom. She pulled out her saddlebags, where she had a nice cool bottle of juice and her lunch for the day. She laid the cool bottle against Apple Bloom's forehead as the filly slept, worried about her. She wished she had some ice...

But as Apple Bloom woke up again, she smiled gently to Apple Bloom, and offered her the bottle. "It's th' juice ye liked roit enough when ye came over th' other day. Lots a' good vitamins an' stuff in there! Ye'll get better roit quick with a good dose a that every day!"

She smiled hopefully to Apple Bloom, trying to cheer her up. And the smile brightened a little, too, as a truly inspirational idea hit. All those ponies watching Wonderbolt shows... why, they weren't going anywhere, and they had to get thirsty, and hungry, right? She wondered if she could figure out some way of bottling a whole lot of her special juice, and some snacks ... it wouldn't be any trouble getting Carrot Fields to want to go to a show, that was for sure... she bet she could make quite a few bits selling snacks at a Wonderbolts show! Wouldn't her family be proud of her, then?!

Cheerilee was no less impressed then the foals of her class as the Wonderbolts performed the fantastic aerial stunts. She was so thrilled to see them in action, to appreciated their athletic skill and forms, and could see why so many ponies had crushes on members of the group. She pledged to herself to make time for a full Wonderbolt show the next time she did some traveling and sightseeing.

She had a wide smile on her face as they landed, holding her forehoof to her chest in excitement, feeling out of breath just having watched the performance. Cheerilee stomped her forehooves on the ground to show her approval. "That was a spectacular show!! Wasn't that just amazing, class?? Let's show our appreciation!" With that Cheerilee stomped her hooves on the ground again, hoping to lead the foals into doing the same to show appreciation.

She looked back once again to check on the class - most of them had been paying rapt attention, though Snails was looking up at a tree for some reason. Cherrilee followed his gaze to spot Haywire. "Haywire, what are you doing up there?! I need you to come down now … are you able to get down safely?" Cheerilee felt the niggling start of worry gnaw at her.

Snails blushed from horn to hoof and visibly drooped in shame.

Its bad enough when horn magic dont work well, worse when it overdoes what they are trying to do.

"Ummm sorry Miz Cheerilee. Haywire talked me into tryin' ta lift her into th' tree with m'horn power so she could see th' Wonderbolts better.... An' a hornet stung me..."

He turned so Cheerilee could see the big, swelling red bump, right on his left cutie mark. "...It hurt so bad, this burst came outa' me an' sent her flyin'..."

Snails looked up at where Haywire was "This still hurts really bad, but ah'm worried Haywire could get hurt much worse, an' ah cant undo lifting her! I'm too little!"

By this point, Soarin' was wrapping up with something a bit flashier than usual for one of their demonstrations: Skywriting. A it flashier in Soarin's case because he dotted his 'i's and crossed his 't's, and was currently underlining his name and Spitfire's, complete with apostrophes.

Soarin' liked skywriting, it was one of his more impressive tricks and all it really took was a bit of control on his part to get the timing of the speeds involved down pat. In his case, it just sort of came to him. It was on his final pass that he noticed the commotion and...was that filly in a tree..?

Between her two friends, Peanut sat in stunned silence, at a loss in the wake of the spectacle.

Back home she had seen the performers practice over the lakes. From the ground, the troop had looked like ploughs moving through a blue field. Ever slow and methodical, they would run the same carefully paced segments over and over. Graceful perhaps, but no more then what could be accomplished by a regular pony who was quick on their hooves.

To see the whole thing though, speeded up tenfold and so close that she could feel the air tearing from their sleek forms, it was mind numbing. Speed didn’t impress the filly so much, anypony can go fast. But the precision, the breakneck whip-like movement as they barrelled through the skies as a single harmonious entity. A confusing mix of emotions welled up within the young Pegasus, awe and wonder rising alongside the feeling of displacement, as though she were missing something vital.

As the two landed with barely a brake of pace and were greeted by Cheerylee praise, the spell relinquished its grasp over Peabee and safely returned the foal to reality. Closing her agork mouth, the foal blinked for the first time since the real show had begun, rubbing a hoof across her eyes to find them damp. She didn’t remember crying, though a weight pressed heavily upon her chest as though she were about to start. No, not a weight, an absence. That same darn ‘need’ that had plagued her whenever the weather pegasi had graced the sky above Legume Fields.

Soarin still had his wings outstretched like a gymnast at the end of a particularly difficult set, every sinuous quill still in perfect condition despite what had appeared to have been a strenuous performance. Even the other few other fledglings in the class had wings that clearly received daily attention.

Tugging at the button that held her coat together, the filly wriggled until the thick waterproof slid unceremoniously to the ground, revealing in full her own aeronautical endowments. Gazing down at her steadily unfurling wings, Peanut took in the damming differences in their appearance. Despite already having a span only a few sizes shy of the wonderbolt’s own, the mottled feathers were grubby and clotted from years of ignorance. Month old down still clung to their underside, waxed in place by grease that would have kept them oiled and flight ready. No wonder other pegasi gave her such strange looks, the total lack of care must have been damningly obvious even from just a cursory glance.

Glancing between the icons of pegasus-hood and her stricken appendages, the concept of what they might still be able to achieve solidified within peanuts young mind like a solid iron brick.

“Hay, where do you reckon I can learn to use wings?” She asked aloud, an odd edge of determination cutting through the rabble,

“I got two days before Pa’ comes to pick me up, and come ursa or nightmare moon, I’m gona learn to fly before then.”

Yuki meanwhile, was simply lying around some bushes near ponyville, he would have lied in the clouds, but being the lazy pony he is, he would rather not use his wings after flying all the way from Trottingham

" Its boring around here, i guess i should have kept going before resting here, i might have actually met somepony to talk to while i rested..."

As soon as he said that, an idea came to him, it wasn't exactly very unique, but either way it made sense

" I know! I can MAKE somepony talk to me! Its gonna be perfect!"

Yuki dashed off to ponyville without a care in the world, unaware he was right about to crash right into Peanut and the others..

• 3 weeks later...

Spitfire took in a deep breath, giving a last sigh before her breathing became more normal. Now that the show was over, she and Soarin' would be able to finish signing autographs. Maybe they'd meet a few parents who were coming to pick up their foals. That sometimes occurred when they did school visits. Parents 'happened' to come a little early and catch them while they were still around. It was a chance to get close to the Wonderbolt, without the clamoring crowd that was usual for their events. Plus, they didn't have to go to a Wonderbolt's show, the Wonderbolt's came to them.

“Thank you, Miss Cheerilee.” Spitfire smiled gratefully. At least the teacher was here to keep charge of the foals. Except apparently, for the ones she wasn't paying attention to... Spitfire glanced to the tree that had caught Cheerilee's attention—or more so, the foal occupying the tree. Well, seeing as Cheerilee was an Earth pony, and she and Soarin' were the only other adults in the area, it wouldn't be right not to do something to help the situation.

“Do you want me to fly up there and bring him down?” she offered.

Cheerilee felt rather embarrassed - the foals of her class were first and foremost her responsibility; and now here she was, looking helplessly up a tree at one of her foals, Haywire, trapped on a branch like some giant apple because the mulberry teacher pony was too distracted by the Wonderbolt's performance to notice the red filly scurrying up a tree.

Cheerilee contemplated climbing up, although in all likelihood that would have been a disaster, then she heard Spitfire offer help. She blushed a little and sighed to herself - now she looked like a bad teacher in front of her guests; still, this was no time for wallowing in, well, whatever ponies are supposed to wallow in. Cheerilee turned around, "I am sorry about this. Thank you so very much, though, I'd greatly appreciate if one of you would kidney retrieve poor Haywire from her predicament."

Cheerilee turned to the rest of her class and gave a big reassuring smile. "As soon as Haywire is out of the tree, we can start getting our autographs and questions, but don't dawdle now, and let everypony have their turn! Our special guests have to be off very soon, as school is about over!"

Sunrise's mind only shook free of her filly fantasies when Applebloom, who had been laying beside her finally spoke up. Sunrise didn't realize her earth pony friend had missed the whole thing! "Like ... Oh. My. Celestia!!! It was like so awesomely outstandingly radical!!! Like, not even righteous, but like.. Beyond Righteous!!! You, like, should have totally seen it, they were all looping and twirling and sooooo awesome!! Especially Soarin', doesn't he have, like, SO the most awesomely bodacious bod you ever seen?!" Sunrise then just looked down at Applebloom with an excited smile, then up to Purple who had come over with a drink for the yellow earth pony. She didn't have to say anymore, they just had to have seen how awesome it was, too! Well, at least Purple.

Sunrise turned around without waiting for comment from the two earth ponies as soon as she heard Peebee's coat fall to the ground, revealing her large wings. Sunrise was both surprised at how large they were, and a bit taken aback at how poorly kept they were. Sunrise was a unicorn, herself, but even she could tell when wing care was this ignored! Still, this was a new friend, and she wanted to be encouraging, "well, like, ummm... You sure do like, have the wings for it, you just need umm… to practice! Yeah! Like, we can help you practice out in the field just past the school here! But I think we need to get them clean first, they are just a liiiiiiiiittle grody."

Poor Haywire was scared. Normally she is a VERY fearless foal who constantly boasts about being the 'bravest filly' in school. However, at THIS moment, higher above the ground than she'd ever imagined, she was scared out of her wits. Clinging to a tree limb as best she could (considering her hooves), the rust colored filly was now petrified with fear.

"I'm surry Miss Cheerilee," she called down, "I didn't mean to git myself in this mess. All I wanted to do was git a good look at the Wonderbolts! They ROCK!"

Unwittingly waving her front hooves in the air to punctuate her shouting, the blonde blank flank started to slip off the tree limb. Letting out a scream, Haywire quickly grabbed for the tree limb, but swung down so she was now hanging upside down from the high limb.

"I jist got one more thing to say to y'all, HHHHEEELLLLLLPPPPPP!"

Snails stopped rubbing at his hornet-stung flank when Spitfire came over to see what the problem was .

"Ummm s-sorry Ma'am! It was my fault. Haywire had me boost her on up to a better branch, b-but ah got stung by this hornet and m'horn went wild..."

Out of the corner of his eye, he caught the amazing sight of Peabee finally revealing her wings, and Oh Celestia! What huge wings she had, but just then...

Haywire suddenly screamed and fell to a lower branch, and Snails ran around under Haywire as some kind of cushion in case she fell, his horn spitting sparks in panic mode.

This extra boost of energy from his horn shook an idea loose in his head "Uh Peabea! Kin Ah use yer coat as a safety net if ya hold th' other end?"

Glancing back at her bedraggled appendages, Peabee flushed slightly and gave them an experimental flap, dislodging a small flurry of down.

“Yeah, Ma’ma usually cleans them with shampoo and Tup-an’-time to get all the oil off. I tried to wash them in the bath when I first got here, but the water just makes things worse.” She smiled, raising a hoof towards the seamless examples on the backs of the sports stars, “Dun-know what you’re supposed to do to make them all shiny like theirs.”

A plaintive yell interrupted the train of Peanut’s thoughts. A few from the friends, the class had begun to gather around a shady tree, staring up into the branches where the stranded filly was clinging.

“WOW!” Gasped the winged pinto, sounding genuinely impressed, “How did Haywire get up there??”

"Uh Peabea!” Called Sails from the gathering crowd, “Kin Ah use yer coat as a safety net if ya hold th' other end?"

Present conversation all but forgotten, the filly grabbed the long coat by one corner and swept it off the ground. Trotting over to the unicorn colt, she offered one of the four corners to Snails and called back to the other foals.

“Quick! Grab a corner each an' pull!”

'Oh horsefeathers!' Soarin' thought as the filly slipped. That was bad. Spitfire was talking to the teacher, and neither seemed to have noticed yet. The other foals looked like they were going to...impressive set of wings...were going to try to help, but they were too close to the ground for their makeshift trampoline to help much. This left one reasonable option, and Soarin' adjusted into the dive without further thought.

Storm clouds brewed in his wake, spoiling the skywriting, but he had more important things to worry about. Once level with the top of the trees he pulled out of the abruptly, though he still dropped several feet, and zipped straight at the falling filly with one foreleg stretched to catch her up.

Sunrise had a way with words. It wasn't that they were necessarily the most eloquent words ever spoken or the most poignant. It was just that her excited, obviously dazzled description did more to harm Apple Bloom emotionally than any disease could. She could fight back against encroaching disease and banish them from her body through a variety of means. She had no such recourse against time which, once gone, was never to be returned. And here Sunrise was describing an event that had missed despite every fiber of her weakened filly being striving to stay for that very event. At least some other ponies had fun, though to a thoroughly saddened Apple Bloom such consolation was truly feeble. Plus, why was she so enthused about the way Soarin' looked? It didn't mane a lick of sense, and Apple Bloom was sure this held true even if she was more aware of the exact happenings around her. It wasn't a pleasant thought that she was so incapable of extra thought that licking sense didn't make any....huh, what?

"Yeah, yeah, sounds real' great thar, Sunrise. Too bad ya didn't take any pictures so I could see," Apple Bloom attempted to hide the bitterness in her tone, but lacked the mental strength to erase it. Luckily, she had juice that magically appeared in front of her. No, not magic. Purple.

Purple was kinda magical herself. Very kind, sweet, best at making juice that she knew of. Apple Bloom was proud to call her a fellow orchard pony, and a real nice one who never seemed to turn a blind eye on others. Did blind ponies turn their eyes away from others? She never got that phrase, seemed awfully unkind of somepony to say that about the blind. Apple Bloom smiled as best she could and nodded at Purple, taking the juice offered and with it an enormous sip. It was like the nectar of the gods, lifting her spirits along with her taste buds for a few moments. Why Purple didn't just open up a stand and sell her juice was something Apple Bloom wondered. Whatever the case, her juice flowed through Apple Bloom and the youngest apple's improved with it. What was it about a nice juice box that seemed to settle a young one's heart?

"Why, thanks a bunch, Sunrise! Yer juice really does tha trick, ya know? You should have some sorta stand in the town square sellin' this. You could make a mint," Apple Bloom ave this sage and experienced advice to her friend in the most bombastic manner she could currently conjure, which was litle more than her normal tone. It would have to suffice.

She was so focused on her two friends in this beleaguered state that she didn't really take note of the sitution wiith Haywire, her entire world consumed by the immediacy of her favored kinship.

Sunrise Beach certainly didn't mean to have Applebloom to feel bad about missing out on the show; she was simply just so enthralled by the astounding acrobatic display of athleticism that she'd wanted to share that excitement with her friends, especially if it was about the dreamboat, Soarin'. Now Sunrise felt a little sad about the whole affair, "like, I'm totally sorry, Abby. I didn't mean to make you feel most heinous about it. It was just so ... non-heinous!" She helped Applebloom sit up as Purple brought over her drinks. "Like, when school lets out, I can totally carry you home on my back!" Sunrise said rather proudly; she was proud of being as strong she was at her age, and she hoped to show she could help, too.

Sunrise turned back to PeeBee, a pony who she just met but already was interested in being friends with, especially since Purple Haze appeared to have a high opinion of the pegasus. "Like, you know what? I bet like, Purple and I can totally help you with that! It'll be MOST righteous to get you to fly! I know you can do it to with those totally humongous wings!" Sunrise was sure she could research how to clean wings - it couldn't be that hard, could it? After all, most pegasus ponies didn't have an issue with clean wings. She could ask the dreamy and bodacious Soarin'! No, wait ... That'd a totally lame question to ask! She would have to find a book at the town library, Miss Sparkle wouldn't mind if she borrowed one, right?

She drifted off, trying to figure out the best question to ask ... but her train of thought was suddenly broken as Haywire started to slip from the tree, panicking as her hooves were starting to give way. Sunrise didn't think, just swiftly joined with Snails and Peebee to help stretch Peebee's coat as a makeshift safety net. But from the corner of her eye, she saw a blur of light blue came past overhead and snatch the red filly from the tree. Sunrise looked up in stunned awe, letting go of the coat. "Ohhhh woooooooow ..." She watched, amazed, as Soarin' once again just proved that her twitterpatted crush was justified.

For Cheerilee, things went from the typical incident of a foal finding themselves over their heads in their mischief to a real emergency! At first it seemed Haywire was safe - just stuck, something that had happened to several foals over the years at the schoolhouse. Usually they just had to wait until Cheerilee could get one of the local pegasai to retrieve them, and suffered nothing worse than embarrassment. This was different, she was about to fall! Cheerilee started to run towards the tree, hoping to use her own body to break Haywire's fall, she didn't even realize her own class was trying to put together a makeshift net out of an old coat. "Hold on Haywire, hold on!"

The next few seconds seemed to move in slow motion, as Cheerilee saw Haywire's hooves slip ... and then a bluish flash passed by her by from above and swooped down low in front of her, plucking the little red filly straight from the branch she was so desperately hanging from. Cheerilee skidded to a stop in her tracks, just in front of where the foals were holding the coat, and looked up in astonishment. There she could see little Haywire being held by Soarin' as he swung back around; those Wonderbolts really are amazing! Cheerilee sighed in profound relief as she sat down, a near disaster avoided. It truly has been an amazing day.

As Haywire slipped off her limb and fell towards the earth, the rust colored filly closed her eyes tightly and unleashed a wild scream. Her scream was so loud, she didn't even notice that friendly hooves had scooped her up safely until she opened her eyes and saw that she was moving up instead of down.

"What in tarnation?" the blonde blank flank muttered as she looked up to see Soarin's face and realized she had just been rescued!

"OH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!" Haywire shouted as her hooved front legs reached up to hug Soarin's neck, tears flowing from her face as she squeezed him. She was happy to be safe, and not just safe, safe in the hooves of a Wonderbolt!

"Maybe this ain't gonna be so bad afterall," Haywire thought to herself, "unless mah sister Haymaker finds out about this..."

Purple Haze smiled to see that Apple Bloom was looking at least a little better. "Aye, Oi'll keep 'et in mind," she said to Apple Bloom, "me big brae-" But chaos was already erupting around her, pulling her attention away. She moved quickly to help the others holding the coat open, and so had a front-row view of the spectacular mid-air rescue. Even she had to be impressed by that one! What a move! She found herself waving her hooves above her head, and screaming her lil' heart out. "WOOOOO! Way to go! Roit on!"

When she brought her attention out of the sky, she smiled to her longtime friend Peebee. "Dinnae worry, we'll set ye roit! Oi cannae imagine it'll be hard! We'll have ye flyin' in nae time, Oi'm sure of it! No harder than flyin' a kite, roit?" She grabbed hold of one of Peebee's wings, stretched it out ... and gave a little grimace. "Ach! Yeah, we've a roit hefty lot of work here tae do, an' no foolin'!"

• 2 weeks later...

Spitfire was about to fly up and pluck the red filly easily from the tree. Just as she was about to make a move, the foal started to fall. “Careful!” she yelled. She hesitated making a move, not wanting to startle her or move too quickly and risk shaking the branch.

But before she could consider her next move, Soarin' was in the air. Spitfire waited on standby, ready to catch the foal if anything went wrong. She was aware of some of the other student gathering beneath the tree with a makeshift net. She knew it was dangerous and probably wouldn't work, but it was a third option if things went really badly.

There was no need, however. Soarin' swiftly rescued the little filly, placing her back on the ground with her friends. Spitfire was grateful that everything had turned out alright, especially since they were preparing to leave soon. An emergency would have been an unnecessary delay.

“So, everypony's okay?” she asked, just to be sure. It was really Cheerilee's job to worry about that, but Spitfire didn't want to appear inconsiderate. “Soarin' and I can start signing autographs if everypony is ready.” she offered. She didn't want anypony to be disappointed. Miss Cheerilee had pointed out that school would be over soon, and that meant parents. Those that didn't want to get their little foals home might want to stay and chat. And if that happened, signing autographs would be nearly impossible.

Cheerilee was both relieved and annoyed. Haywire had gotten herself in trouble again, although this was purely by accident instead of the filly's usual classroom mischief. Still, she shouldn't have been in that tree in the first place. It seemed no matter how many times Cheerilee tried to tell foals not to climb it, at least once a month a foal managed to get themselves stuck. Thank Celestia for the Wonderbolts! "Haywire, we are going to have a chat after school while you help me clean the place up ..." Cheerilee sighed, "again ...". Well, at least it was only two students who had to stay after on this day, with neither doing anything malicious.

What was really important is that the day had gone, for the most part, really smoothly. It was a real treat for all and it was almost sad that it had to end, but the school day was about over and she was sure their guests had all sorts of pressing engagements. Cheerilee smiled warmly, "I'd like to thank you two for taking time out from your busy schedule to come here and give the foals a fantastic show! It was really appreciated! I know they had a blast!" She turned to her students, her smile equally as bright. "Now is your final chance for autographs, please be courteous to our guests and don't dilly dally; they have to be on their way very soon and school is about over."

Sunrise Beach was still in bliss from Soarins' latest move saving her classmate. She was even a little jealous - why couldn't he have rescued her and carried her off in his strong hooves? How wonderful it would be, carried away by the most handsome stallion ever! Her thoughts moved to thinking about her in his arms, leaning forward, her eyes closed as they were about to ...

Sunrise's romantic fantasy was broken by Cheerilee's announcement about last chance for autographs! "Like, oh nooooes! I totally forgot to bring something for them to sign!" Sunrise grabbed and shook Purple Haze and then Peebee in order, with a panicked, despnate look in her eyes, "most heinous!! Like, what I am going to do?! If I can't get his autograph, like, I am just going to sooooo die!" She dropped her face into the ground, letting out a soft groan as she just pushed herself along. Her life was over!

But wait! An epiphany! Sunrise ran as quickly as her little legs could carry her into the schoolhouse. There it was, next to her desk, her absolute favorite ball in the whole world. The Wonderbolts could sign that! It was genius!! Sunrise quickly grabbed a pen in her mouth and flipped the ball onto her head, bouncing it as she ran back outside. Like I can totally show him my awesome skills and get him to sign this at the same time! Geeeenius! She made a beeline towards Soarin', skillfully bouncing the ball off her head so it would stay with her.

She didn't see the small rock in her path in her excitement. The next thing she knew, her ankle twisted over a large pebble and landed right on her chin, sliding forward through the dirt to come to a stop in front of Soarin' and Haywire, her ball bouncing forward to his hooves. Sunrise looked up at the stallion in profound embarrassment, fully aware of how she looked. Yup, her life was over after all. "Ummmmmmm ... c-could you, like, sign my ball? Pwwweeeease!" She gave the most awkward smile, unable to hide the embarrassed red of her face. How heinous!!

Snails was more than a bit shocked that PeaBea had no idea how to care for her wings and was turning that over in his head as he held his corner of the coat.

He braced his hooves to hold the coat as Haywire looked like she would fall. Suddenly when she did, Soarin' came in from the side to catch her.

Everyone was too excited to see the pegasus, Yuki coming their way as Snails bounced on his hooves, cheering.

He slowed down as he heard Peabea, Purple Haze and Sunrise talking about how to clean her wings and fly. "Um, Mabe th' Wonderbolts know of somepony local ta teach ya too. An' Th' Library probly' has books on wing care right?" He waved a hoof at the Wonderbolts 'Ya also cant ask fer a better chance t' find out, huh!"

Snails grinned goofily as the Wonderbolts announced they would be doing autographs and gave a coltish squeak of joy... His face fell a bit as he realized he hadnt' seen Applebloom at all during the stunts. Had she been asleep the whole time?

He galloped right to the school and back with some paper and pencils, and hoofed some to Applebloom for autographs.

"Sorry y' missed so much t'day Applebloom. Ah'll tell them ta come ta ya if y'cant get in the line."

Apple Bloom's smile was weak, but she couldn't do anything but as Sunrise offered to take the filly on her back. With how wobbly Apple Bloom felt, it was almost the guaranteed end result. The way that the sky and ground mixed together like an evil, unnatural pudding was something to behold and fear, but mostly fear as she didn't really have a good way to handle. She'd tried standing still, sitting still, wobbling, throwing up, falling down, and falling asleep during an exciting show. None of these awesome ideas had really done much too help her ad she was starting to believe she was just like Trotting Mary. Hopefully she wouldn't be confined to her room for the rest of her life as a sleeping and crying cutie mark didn't do much for her. Or maybe a biohazard symbol would fit there just fine? That would be a good enough warning to others and once she got better she could clear out Sugarcube Corner quickly. There were advantages to every situation, she thought with a sickly giggle.

"Ah reckon that'd be a swell idea, Sunrise," Apple Bloom said weakly as she allowed the breeze to carry away some of her ill airs. It didn't do much in the long term but she'd buy momentary relief. Then Snips came up with paper and pencil in hoof.

It shocked her at first, mostly because he had appeared like an apparition out of her peripheral which in this state had become a myth of which she had the finest of dreams. After the shock wore off, she could only grin. It was a really kind act, given her somewhat incapacitated condition. She waved a hoof in front of his face in an attempt to shake his hoof- how the two related was a matter of some discussion- before accidentally knocking him in the snout. She didn't know this, however, and smiled all the same.

"Why thank ya Snips! That's mighty..." She took a deep breath, sucking down the starting stages of another hurl, "...Nice of ya. Hopefully Ah can make it-" She tried to stand up and move forward, but tripped over her hooves and fell face first, flank in the air, "...hopefully thay can make it over 'ere..."

Now that she had all four of her hooves back on the ground, a gleeful Haywire quickly produced her autograph book and rushed up to the Wonderbolts.

"Would y'all kindly sign my autograph book? Yur the greatest!" the rust colored filly neighed as she first stood in front of her rescuer. "I can't thank ya enough fer savin' my life, Soarin! Yur mah hero!"

Little Haywire couldn't resist the urge to hug Soarin', She was very grateful for getting her out of a tough spot. All thoughts of what Cheerliee or her big sister Haymaker would say instantly vanished as she reached her front legs as far as she could to hug her Wonderbolt hero.

WinterDazzleBanner.png

With a slow trot back towards all of the action Winter Dazzle couldn't keep it out of her head that she would soon be facing the wrath of her teacher, after school, where she would be punished for being late: AGAIN. It wasn't like she was that late this time though she didn't miss anything important but she sure did disrupt things by smashing head on into her teacher and having to go back and fix up her basket and get all of her art supplies back in order. But that wasn't anything too hard, she just had to rearrange all of the colors in her basket until they were in a rainbow and sorted from dark to light in clockwise order. Now that she thought about it wasn't that big of a deal that she had to stay after school and be punished for being late, it was a normal occasion now and Cheerilee should have been prepared for it by now.

"Oh well not much that I can really do about it now, I am sure that it wont be that bad...Yet..." She let herself trail off before she looked up to see that the Wonderbolts were now signing things, without further hesitation Dazzle swiftly moved over to the line and took her position with a small notebook in hand, it wasn't a autograph book, it was a book saved for only the GREATEST of autographs. There was only one of the Wonderbolts that she actually wanted to sign it and that was Spitfire, the others were of no importance to her.

Purple Fields grinned at her friend Peebee. "Oi'll be roit back, an' we'll make our plans! Oi'm sure we've a roit fun time ahead!" She gave her a big hug, then grabbed up her art and ran off to the Wonderbolts!

She bounced eagerly, thinking of how excited her big brother would be to have a signed picture of her drawing of the Wonderbolts! She wondered if he'd put it up in his workshop along with all his other Wonderbolt posters? "Spitfire!" she said excitedly, "Now we're done wi' the demonstration, will ye sign my picture?" She gave her biggest, brightest, most eager smile for the mare, the one that seemed almost guaranteed to make adults cave in and do whatever she wanted.