Famous Visitors [OPEN]

MyLittlePonyTales

”It's our pleasure, Miss Cheerilee” Spitfire smiled at the school teacher. A plethora of foals had begun to gather around them, some lining up, and some just gathering around. It seemed that the young didn't quite know how to form a fair and proper line. That was alright though, so long as everypony got their autographs, after all.

Spitfire was trying to sign them as quickly as she could, not because she wanted to get away, but she wanted to get to everypony before any parents showed up and either took their foals home or took up the Wonderbolt's time. These school events were generally on a much smaller scale than their shows, and the parents sometimes saw it as an opportunity to have some one-on-one time with the 'bolts.

She and Soarin' began to sign the last of the autographs, when a green foal tumbled before them. “Uh, are you okay?” Spitfire asked, trying not to laugh at what was possibly a painful display.

• 2 weeks later...

Peanut rubbed her chin ponderously, an action lifted cleanly from the ‘things what I learnt from watching Daddy’ book of child behaviour.

“I dun’know.” The filly mumbled to the mustard coloured unicorn, “Then again, maybe that’d be better then bugging them to draw a squiggle on something? And they do have nice wings, all shiny and stuff. Mine never look like that.”

As a line of ponies began to form up before the visiting celebrities, Peanut watched the succession of foals for an opening, not wanting to displace anypony wanting an autograph for the sake of a silly question.

Nearby, Apple Bloom was still struggling upright, fighting her fever for a chance to meet the stars. Seeing that the mustard coloured colt wasn’t joining the small que, Peabee nudged him and pointed at the stricken Filly.

“Hay, Snails. You think we can prop Apple Bloom up between us?”

Guiding the sicky filly between them, the three stepped up behind Haywire and Sunrise, waiting while the other two ponies got the famous flyer to sign various objects. Noticing Spitfire finishing her signature for Purple Haze, Peanut licked her lips and made sure that Apple Bloom was upright before stepping away from the group.

Quietly she waited for her chance to speak, patient but twitching restlessly. Why was she so nervous? This close up to a pony she’d only ever seen far in the distance, Snail’s susgestion didn’t seem like such a good idea. With one last glance around and butterfly’s throwing a party in her tummy, the filly bit her lip and stepped forward.

“Umm, excuse me, Miss Spitfire?” She ventured, voice squeaking slightly as the fire maned mare was putting the last touches to Haze's autograph, “My friends said I should... umm, well I mean, it was really neat watching you fly an- and I was thinking how you keep your wings all shiny and where can I learn to fly like that?”

Wings fluffing slightly across her flanks and dislodging a few stray feathers, Peanut beamed up at the older pegasus with a mix of friendly fassination and pride. Sure, that last bit had come out at such a rush that it'd barely made sence, but she had done it none the less! PeaBee had actualy ASKED somepony about flying!

• 3 weeks later...

Soarin' spent several minutes letting his wings, lungs, and heart all calm down from the pre-rescue dive. That had been more intense than he wanted to admit.

He joined Spitfire in signing autographs after he'd gotten himself under control, but took to it with his usual enthusiasm and friendly smile. He even played with the ball a little, bouncing it up and balancing it on his wings, before signing it and tossing it back to the filly who had...dropped it.

He made sure the filly he'd rescued got her autographs, then turned her over to the teacher to make certain she was okay. He was about to start packing things in when he heard the Pegasus filly's question and thought '[colour=deepskyblue]Why not?[/colour]'.

He sidled over as if just curious, and surreptitiously slipped a brochure for the Wonderbolt flight camp to Spitfire.

• 2 weeks later...

Snails nodded as Peabea went with his suggestion, then asked him to help hold poor AbbleBloom up. [colour=#daa520]"Oh yeh. Poor AyBee."[/colour]

He pressed himself up against the dizzy filly's side and made himself walk in step with PeaBea.[colour=#daa520] "Ah hope ya can get an autograph, AppleBloom."[/colour]

Snails watched Peabea work up the courage to ask Spitfire about her wings.[colour=#daa520] "Please? She's been in town a lil' while, an' she's not had anypony show her pegasususus... stuff..."[/colour]

He sheepishly looked at AppleBloom propped against him [colour=#daa520]"and iffn any a' you got a moment, AppleBloom here is not feelin' well, she slept through yer stunts ad feels real bad about it. Could ya sign somethin' fer her? Pleeeeze? Thet would be Awesome!"[/colour]

[colour=#FF8000]Just then, a brown and white foal stepped up next in line. Behind her were a couple of other foals, yellow and orange, and the yellow one looked a little worse for wear. Spitfire would have asked what a filly was doing at school in her apparent condition, but the answer was obvious. It wasn't everyday the Wonderbolts came to visit.

She took a look at the wings, the fact that they were tucked in hardly hiding the fact that they were mottled and in pretty bad shape. She'd never seen a Pegasus, even one so young, with feathers in such poor condition. As a foal, she probably wouldn't take the best care of them, but surely her parents would make her clean them, right?

“Well, you do have to preen yourself on a regular basis, probably once or twice a week at your age.” Spitfire said thoughtfully. “​Pulling out old feathers is a key to being in tip-top flying condition. Although as Wonderbolts, we have to check our wings everyday, and make sure they are in prime condition. Bathing will also help clean out some of the dirt—dust from the air gets under my feathers all the time—but you'll need to lift up the feathers to get deep down. But just because your wings get dirty doesn't mean you shouldn't fly. It's very important to exercise your wings. The more you fly, the better your wings will stretch, and the easier they'll be to clean, too. Plus, you'll lose some of the feathers you would normally have to pull out yourself during flight. But I probably spend a half hour to an hour each day caring for my wings, since I use them so often and can't have excess filth or feathers weighing me down.” Spitfire nodded sagely.

“Hey, now that you've got a head start on the glamorous lives of the Wonderbolts—“ Spitfire smiled, passing the brochure to the pony before her, “—think about your future.” The orange Pegasus gave the smaller filly a little noogie with her hoof.

“Sure, I'd be happy to!” she gave a sympathetic look at the pale filly. Realizing that none of the present foals actually had anything to sign, she turned to Soarin', who still had the saddlebags. She motioned with a flick of her head toward the three foals, indicating that he should try to find something for all three that hadn't gotten an autograph yet. Even if she was just going to sign Wonderbolts brochures, at least it would be something.[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=#33ffcc]Sunrise Beach[/colour]

Sunrise watched in awe as Soarin’ played with her favorite ball; he wasn’t doing anything objectively impressive with it, just a few simple tricks, but Sunrise was enthralled all the same. One of her idols, her dreamy crush, was actually touching, showing off his skills with her ball! She didn’t say anything, just giggled with her face blushing a bright crimson, even when he hoofed the signed ball back to the turquoise unicorn. All Sunrise could do is giggle stupidly with this enormous grin, her naïve and foolish attempt at flirting.

As Soarin’ went over to Haywire to sign her autograph, Sunrise practically floated over to her friends, it could be sworn there was a trail of floating hearts behind her. She looked at Purple Haze and Peebee with her enormous smile, [colour=#33ffcc]“like, did you seeeeee? He siiiigned my ball! He is such a dreamy bodacious hunk of a pony, like isn’t he?!?”[/colour] She even forgot all about her embarrassing fall before Soarin’, just replaying that moment as he returned the ball to her over and over again in her head; she was sure he had even winked romantically at her!

Despite her twitterpatted condition, she was aware enough to hear Spitfire talk to Peebee about wing care and flying. How awesomely cool was it to get a lesson from a Wonderbolt?! Peebee sure was lucky! She had to pipe up! [colour=#33ffcc]“Like, we’ll totally help her learn how to fly and junk, and like, make her wings look totally radical and stuff!”[/colour] She wasn’t really sure how to do either of those things, but surely Peebee just needed practice and a bit of shampoo and conditioner!

Oh, that was right! Applebloom needed an autograph too! Propping her up by standing side to side was no good! Sunrise Beach galloped behind Abby and slid under her, lifting the little yellow filly onto her back. Sure, Applebloom was almost as big as Sunrise was, but Sunrise was a totally awesome athlete! She then looked up at Spitfire with the sprawled Abby on her back,[colour=#33ffcc] “Like, Miss Spitfire, like, would you sign something for my friend here, please?” [/colour]

[colour=#800080]Cheerilee [/colour]

Cheerilee looked in the window of the schoolhouse to check the time - school was over in 15 minutes, and she wanted to allow the Wonderbolts to get on their way before parents started showing up, otherwise they would never get out on time. [colour=#800080]“Alrighty, class, we have five minutes left! Finish getting your autographs and don’t forget to thank our wonderful, distinguished guests for coming!” [/colour] Cheerilee smiled cheerfully. The whole event had gone well. Sure, there were one or two minor mishaps, but nothing out of the ordinary, and she already had the usual bunch scheduled to stay after school and help clean.

The school teacher walked up to the pegasus pair, smiling brightly.[colour=#800080] “Once again, thank you for coming, you sure have given the foals something to talk about. If there is anything you need before you go, just let me know!” [/colour] She was pretty excited, herself, although that was just slightly dampened by the fact that she really didn’t have anypony to talk about this with afterwards.

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

For a few more seconds, Apple Bloom didn't register that she was face deep into the ground. That was likely a useful thing to know but the earth was warm and nice and she lost herself in that momentary comfort. Sadly, it passed and she soon was left with little more than a snoutfull of dirt creeping up right into her noise, tickling her already exhausted noise hairs. She tried to pull herself up but was sabotaged by her position, hindlegs kicking into the air fruitlessly. Luckily, some others took it upon themselves to right the Apple Bloom ship and though it took Apple Bloom a few moments for her to place them, when she did, she was relieved it wasn't just a random shadow like her bare conscious told her it was initially. Snails and Peebee held her up straight.

[colour=#ff0000]"Tha-"[/colour] Apple Bloom began before her vision changed once more.

Sunrise had approached from behind and before Apple Bloom could register this new move, she was sprawled up on Sunrise's back like a broken turnip. Her head swam for a few more seconds, maybe more, maybe an hour, she had no clue. Before long, the wavy, sick filly turned her head and saw the Wonderbolts. Why was she here again? Oh yeah, to get an autograph. She dug somewhere and retrieved the picture she had wanted autographed and her hoof struck out slowly towards the two performers, limb shaking as she did so.

[colour=#ff0000]"Hooowdy, mah name's-" [/colour]She choked down some vomit, [colour=#ff0000]"uuughhhh....Apple Bloom an'..." [/colour]Her eyes swirled in her head but she had gotten all the pertinent information delivered. The incoherent rambling that followed didn't hurt anypony.

• 2 weeks later...
Purple Haze was happy to see her friend Peebee getting advice from the Wonderbolts - that filly needed to be proud to be a pegasus! But that meant she was taken care of, and her friend Apple Bloom needed more help! She hurried over to the other side of Apple Bloom, and helped keep her upright, still carefully clutching her precious little picture that she had drawn of the Wonderbolts. Her own eyes turned up towards Spitfire and Soarin'. [colour=#800080]"If'n ye'd be good tae,"[/colour] she said politely,[colour=#800080] "Oi'd muchly 'preciate ye signin' this for me big brae, Carrot. As Oi said earlier, he's a roit huge fan - th' hugest!"[/colour]

• 3 weeks later...

[colour=#FF8000]Spitfire watched the enthralled little filly that was before Soarin'. It was common for both of them to be sought after, both by the young foals as a crush that would never work out, and by the older fans who sometimes even had families of their own. It was a little weird, but was to be expected with fame. No matter how many years she was on the team, things didn't change much with the fans.

There were only a few foals left that hadn't had anything signed yet, and Spitfire gave a sigh of relief. Of course, after a show she would sign dozens more, but the eccentric foals just seemed to have tired her out. A dark green filly approached, holding an original drawing of herself and Soarin'. Aw, wasn't that cute? She was ready to accept it as a gift, as she had received plenty of fan made items in the past, but the filly stated that it was for her brother. Well, she would sign anything these foals would hoof to her.

To Carrot,

<3 Spitfire

“What about you though?” she asked the filly. Is there anything you'd like signed? She didn't seem to have anything else on her. Perhaps she wasn't a fan at all, and was merely trying to help out an older sibling that was.

She smiled down at the yellow filly—who actually looked a little green, at least in her face. Spitfire didn't want to risk getting ill, after all, it wound hinder her performance if she wasn't in tip-top healthy shape. “Sure!” she replied anyway. It wouldn't be fair not to. After all, this wasn't the first school trip she'd been on that somepony sick had showed up to, even if they should have stayed home. It didn't look like the filly had anything either. Thinking quickly, she grabbed out a flyer for the Wonderbolt's training camp from one of Soarin's saddlebags. They were normally for parents that wanted to look toward their little one's future, or for older siblings that had tagged along. Spitfire signed it,

To a great fan, Apple Bloom,

<3 Spitfire

and then passed it along to her companion.

She was grateful to Miss Cheerilee for reminding the foals, and even herself, that it was beginning to get late in the day. “You're very welcome, Miss Cheerilee.” Spitfire replied to the school teacher. The Wonderbolt could tell from the grin on the purple Earth ponies face that she was probably a fan too. “It looks like all the foals are just about taken care of. Is there something you would like signed?” Sure, this field trip was for the foals, and most teachers knew better than to take up all the Wonderbolt's time with talking or signing their own memorabilia. They tended to be polite like that. Still, she had been here all day, looking after the class. Surely she deserved something as well.[/colour]

[colour=#800080]Cheerilee[/colour]

Cheerilee paused as Spitfire asked if there were anything she wanted signed,[colour=#800080] “Oh! I guess I was so caught up in making sure the class got something to sign, I didn’t think about it!”[/colour] While there were a thousand things that could be signed in the schoolhouse, none of them really were all that special. She smiled sweetly to Spitfire. [colour=#800080] “But it’s quite all right, I assure you. I’ll be fine.”[/colour] She leaned in and whispered a little more quietly, [colour=#800080]“You’ll probably want to leave before school’s officially out – if the parents get their hooves on you, you’ll be here all night!”[/colour]

Cheerilee turned from the Wonderbolts to smile out over her excited foals. [colour=#800080] “Well, I am afraid our time with our talented guests is up! I am sure you all still have a million questions to ask, but it’s time to allow our guests to take their leave. I am sure they still have a busy evening ahead of them. Now remember, you all need to do a written report about the Wonderbolts! It can be about their history, their organization, their responsibilities – any aspect you like! It will be due at the end of day in one week!” [/colour] She could already hear the collective and disappointed “awww” sounds from the class. [colour=#800080] “Once you’ve gathered up your things and the Wonderbolts have left, you can all go home!”[/colour]

[colour=#33cccc]Sunrise Beach[/colour]

[colour=#66cccc]“Like, thank yoooou!”[/colour] said brightly to Spitfire, and moved back to let others have their turn. Sunrise Beach had a great time – she’d not only gotten her favorite ball signed by the most bodacious hunk of a stallion evar, but she was able to help her sick friend Applebloom get an autograph, too! The turquoise filly carried Applebloom on her back and tucked away her autograph to carry home for the little farmer filly.

Sunrise smiled proudly, [colour=#66cccc]“like you got a totally awesome autograph from Spitfire! Isn’t that, like, radical?? Or better, radicool!!”[/colour] Did that sound better? Sunrise Beach waved to the Wonderbolts as she got ready to leave to take Applebloom back to her farm. [colour=#66cccc]“Like, Purple, could you like, carry my ball and come with while I like drop off Applebloom? Like, I don’t want anything to happen to the ball, now that Sooooooarin’ signed it!”[/colour] She was sure Purple could keep it safe - she was a good friend. With everything in hoof, Sunrise trotted off towards Sweet Apple Acres.

Note:

The RP is techniclaly finished, but of course feel free to conclude however you wish with your character. If any require a cheerilee reply I will be happy to. :) Thanks everyone for a successful RP!

• 3 weeks later...

[colour=#FF8000]”You're welcome.” Spitfire smiled down at the little blue Unicorn and her companions. “Feel better!” she called out to the yellowish filly. Spitfire was a little concerned of catching whatever the foal had, and made a mental note to take a few extra vitamins upon her return to Cloudsdale. The Wonderbolt's came in contact with numerous ponies after every show, so keeping her immune system in tip-top shape was routine.

“Much obliged, Miss Cheerilee” she replied to the school teacher, after all the foals began to head back to the classroom. “The visit was a pleasure.” But the teacher's joy at seeing the flying duo today hadn't escaped Spitfire's sharp eyes. Reaching back into the saddlebags, she pulled out another brochure, though Cheerilee would have no other use for it than a memento.

To the best schoolteacher in Ponyville,

<3 Spitfire

Spitfire passed the pamphlet to Soarin', winking at Miss Cheerilee. When he had finished with his own signature, it was passed to the purple Earth pony. “Well, throw it away if you don't want it.” she smiled as she opened and flexed her wings, imagining that the teacher was probably going to do the exact opposite.

“Shall we?” she turned to her blue partner, turning away from Cheerilee and the schoolhouse. The next moment, she was in the air, on her way back to Cloudsdale and likely more training. Even if she had a show today, Wonderbolt's could rarely afford to take a day off. Whether it was actually practicing moves or just doing some workout exercises, Spitfire liked to keep busy. The show today had been nice practice in itself, but there was always more work to do.[/colour]