Alec's Artstuffs!

crp_dude

I've been doing some (in my opinion) pretty good sketches of ponies as of recently, some of which I've been considering for Rp applications, some not so much, but here's what I have!

Senyor%20Apis%20%282%29.JPG

Here's my very first pony drawing, done right after I had viewed The Best Night Ever. Since I had watched the entirety of season 1, I thought it was then safe to make a ponysona, so I did. Understandably, there was room for improvement.

SENYOR%20APIS%2CV2.JPG

almost a month or two later, improvement happened. Not too much in-between here worth noting, I just had a lot of time to fix myself up, art-wise.

MondoVsCelestia.jpg

in Apis's story, his father is Emperor Mondo, ruler of Itaily, a land a far ways to the East of Equestria and across the sea. Mondo and Celestia have had a long-standing rivalry, largely because Mondo has made more than a few invasion attempts at her domain. This picture was actually drawn recently. The original sketch of Mondo is... pretty terrible, to say the least. It's just generally aesthetically unappealing.

Apisvectorfull%20%282%29.jpg

It was only about a week before I vectored up Apis in my first vector attempt. Not as fantastic as it could have been, but it was still pretty okay.

MoarPonies.jpg

EvenMoarPonies.jpg

These guys are concept ponies for a fanfic I've been working and refining for a while. Nothing special, but cute characters.

Colline.jpg

Tabbypony.jpg

After that, I started doing requests for people, so I decided to get back into vector. This was done last weekend, I think.

Gandpa%27n%27steamer.JPG

These guys are part of a bet with a friend. He's not too crazy about ponies, but he has told me that he'll give MLP a chance if I can make good steampunk ponies. Please tell me what you think. The next generation of the herd depends on it!

• Like 1

10/9/11

Got two requests on my thread, so I did them over the course of maybe a week or so.

First one here is for Appliance, and is of her OC, Silversword.

silversword2.JPG

The vector was a little tough and uneven in places, but that was mostly because I wasn't so good with layers.

SilverVector.jpeg

Still turned out okay, though.

Second request was by Vinyl Scratch, for her OC, who they never gave me the name of.

ShadowboltFTW.JPG

Yup, it was a Shadowbolt. All the same, this came out pretty good!

whatnowbronyvector.png

Vectoring for this guy was done largely last night.

If you want to send me a request, I have a request thread here!

hi hi

Jousting just seems like one of those things that ponies should be good at, even if its just for sport. They're probably right up there in ability with flying ostriches. :)

Oh lawd what.

Alright. I was feeling so beautifully bored during school today, so I drew up some sketches of Apis in many memable situations.

LolApis.JPG

To summarize: Apis wubs culture, you're going to love OC ponies, and filly Apis is jumping adorable.

I rest my case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks, both of you!

On a not-so-great note, I had my compy taken away last week, hence the no art issue. On the plus side, I got a nice drawing of Senyor Apis, and his father, whom I'm apparently very bad at deciding on a final design for! Seriously, this is like the fourth final final final design Mondo has had. On the plus side, I think it's the best so far.

ApisMondo.png

hi hi

Now, I hope I'm not reading too much into it, but with a name like Mondo; is he supposed to be super ostentatious? Its not a bad thing if he is, I mean, prince blueblood's defining character trait was his self absorption after all. If that is the case though, I would say his mane style and dress would support such a character trait. :)

Well, while I would say that he does have that sort of a personality to him (especially in the presence of Celestia. *groooooans*), that wasn't the initial reason for naming him this. His name means "world" in Italian. Thusly, his name could be further interpreted as "Emperor of the World", which (spoilers for my fanfic) he was at one point. Of course, that's not the only meaning, but that would be too spoiler-ish for this post.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I've been away long enough. Time do give this topic a little kick, eh?

MasalaChai.png

here's a pony I drew up for an RP. I'll post a link below. She's definitely going to become an OC in good time!

here is the Rp in question. Tea drinkers everywhere, unite, because this RP thread is open and welcome!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, enough normal ponies! It's FASHIONISTA TIEM

Ornatia.JPG

Ornatia, The shining star of Itailian Couture.

fashionistaponies.jpg

Vista is from Canterlot, and prides herself on the use of soft, comfortable fabrics over simply loading dresses with gems of all sorts... although, sometimes you need to indulge a little.

Bareedina, a zebra, is considered more of an eccentric than a fashionista where she comes from. However, her ethnic designs have caught the eye of a few wealthy individuals over in Canterlot, earning Bareedina her reputation as, unsurprisingly, an "eccentric fashionista".

All of these drawings, and not a single luna drawing yet.

What did Luna do when I didn't draw her? She cried.

So I comforted her.

Lunasad.JPG

ONE MORE THING:

avt.png

(Click the image to go to the site)

I started a tumblr account in the form of a fashion blog! Expect to see more Photoshop and high fashion in the days to come! And make sure you follow this tumblr, 'cause I have a few fun things planned!

Alright, just to bump my work a bit, here's a nice little background piece done in Flash! This time, it's Apis's father, Emperor Mondo. It looks rather nice as a background, in my opinion.

Mondobg.jpg

I'll probably end up making more of those backgrounds, since I like how Mondo's came out a lot! (It's my background right now, in fact!) Perhaps it's time to put a few of my OCs in the spotlight! For now though, here's a few other pieces.

Apiscolor1.png

Formally recolored and redone picture of Apis, and my first full Photoshop experiment, complete with signature sunny disposition. I like how it came out, though!

Apishuman.jpg

Then it came to mind, suddenly: What might Apis look like as a human? BAM. He'd look something like that. Incidentally, I'm getting my hair dyed that color blue, on account of Apis! Yay for a character influencing the artist, no?

Ornatia1.png

I apologize for the small proportions of the image here, but I had to make that its only size. I may fix that later, though. This is the official coloring for Ornatia, which I made for her application profile! You can find that here! Please take a look, and give it a review if you're so inclined!

• Like 3

Aya, I totally forgot! I drew a picture of Ornatia here as a little filly! I apologize for the unusual size, but a cute little filly with socks and a luna plushie is completely worth it.

OrnatiaFoal.jpg

I finished this, and my heart died of cute.