Ponify your computer - Pony icons for mac and windows !

Ancre

So we've talked about pony icons for computers, and Brianblackberry suggested I post my link on the forum !

So here is it :

Stevecolt's pony pack

There's more icons than those just presented, and I'm pretty sure that if I had a passing knowledge of image editing I could rework them to fit exactly my desires (I want a Zecora safari icon ! ) but it's already pretty extensive as is. It comes with an explanation on how to ponify your computer, and works for mac and windows. Just like the title says :) (gosh it does sound like a spam advertisement !)

Have fun !

Your fellow wealthy nigerian banker, Ancre.

These are so cute! I just wish that those stupid arrows wouldn't show up on the windows icons. I swear my next computer will be a Mac.

Oh oh oh! You can fix this!

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3606-shortcut-arrow-change-remove-restore.html

This ( should work, I had to do it manually ;_; ) will remove of that nasty little arrow that pops up for shortcuts.

These are so cute! I just wish that those stupid arrows wouldn't show up on the windows icons. I swear my next computer will be a Mac.

Noooo! Trust me. I have a mac that's only a couple years old, and it's completely obsolete. It's running OSX Tiger 10.4.11, and they stopped releasing updates for it. Now there are some programs that won't even run on it, including Chrome. They update their OS way more often than Microsoft, and a few updates later, the older ones are almost unusable.

Unless you want a computer that's difficult to upgrade hardware-wise, and one you have to buy the new OS every time one comes out, stick with Windows. A little arrow is the least of your worries. I'm running XP now, and that's ancient, but at least Microsoft is still releasing updates for it that keep it usable.

But to stay on topic: Nice icons. I've been using these for a few weeks since I saw them on Equestria Daily. *takes off hipster glasses*

Noooo! Trust me. I have a mac that's only a couple years old, and it's completely obsolete. It's running OSX Tiger 10.4.11, and they stopped releasing updates for it. Now there are some programs that won't even run on it, including Chrome. They update their OS way more often than Microsoft, and a few updates later, the older ones are almost unusable.

Unless you want a computer that's difficult to upgrade hardware-wise, and one you have to buy the new OS every time one comes out, stick with Windows. A little arrow is the least of your worries. I'm running XP now, and that's ancient, but at least Microsoft is still releasing updates for it that keep it usable.

But to stay on topic: Nice icons. I've been using these for a few weeks since I saw them on Equestria Daily. *takes off hipster glasses*

Well pony icons aren't my only reason for wanting a Mac, but thank you for the heads up. Has anyone tested these with the little task bar on windows 7?

Ack, I can't get the second pack of pony icons to work. My computer keeps rejecting them as icons even though they're pretty clearly .ico files. Is there some extra step I'm missing or something?

It's because the .ico files are compressed, or something. I got them to work by opening the .png files in GIMP, and saving them in .ico format, after unchecking the "compressed" box.

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm all hopped up on allergy medicine. But as I'm on a PC, where am I putting the .ico files? Me wantee Pinkie Pie Photoshop.

Right click on the current shortcut and pick Properties.

In the context menu that opens, click on the shortcut tag if it isn't open already.

Click on the "Change icon..." button

In the Change Icon window, click browse, browse to the location of the .ico file on your computer and highlight it, click OK.