Cashmere Needle {Final}

QuickLime

Name:Cashmere Needle

Sex:Male

Species:Unicorn

Pelt Color: A soft dappled grey

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Mane is a slicked back dark purple with light purple highlights. Above his flanks are two splotches of dark purple to match the primary color of his mane and three dark freckles under his eye.

Eye Color:Dark blue, leaning towards purple.

Cutie Mark: A bobbin with red thread around it, throughed with a needle.

Physique: Small and lean, perfect for sewing machine work, yet sturdy enough to tote around a cart or plow.

Origin: Canterlot

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Occupation: A tailor that specializes in gorgeous saddle bags and bridles.

Motivation: Cashmere has always loved sewing which he learned from his mother by helping her. His mother would sew for a living, since his father passed away many years ago due to an injury from his youth. She was a very talented and hard-working mare that could master any pattern or design with a single glance. When her eyesight began to fail, Cashmere was determined to step up and do the harder work for her. It started off with simple tasks such as replacing a bobbin or threading a needle. However, it wasn’t long before Cashmere had to shoulder the brunt of the work, with supervision. One day, whilst sewing on a saddle bag, he realized this was his life’s love. THIS is what he wanted to do for the rest of his life. And lo and behold, his cutie mark appeared! When that shiny bobbin and needle flashed upon his flank, he knew he’d always be happy when sewing, especially making saddle bags.

Likes: The hum of a good sewing machine, the smell of a freshly pressed bag, the gentle sound of gems pressing against the fabric as they are sewn into place. The whirr of an old fashion spindle, sweets, the the soft click clack of pony hooves on cobblestone. These are all things that bring joy to Cashmere.

Dislikes: The smell of burnt fabric, the smell of burnt hair, loud noises, ponies that are stuck up or think they are the best thing that ever came out of Equestria, Mud, Spas and fashion magazines. These are all things that Cashmere holds in disdain.

Character Summary: After countless days of hard work and long hours, Cashmere had enough to fund his mother’s retirement. Finally, she could rest easy as he ventured forth into the world and make a name for himself! He ended up moving out to the small town of Ponyville, and set up a designer Saddlebag shop so he could get his name out there. Not wanting tons of fame, but nonetheless enjoying ponies discovering how useful and fabulous his bags could be!

Cashmere is a bit of an open book in the way of emotions. Every emotion he feels flashes like a neon sign across his face. You’ll know when he doesn’t like something, it will show quite clearly on his muzzle. Due to this weakness, he spent tons of time learning how to read other people’s expressions as well. Unfortunately, he isn’t very good at it yet, so he might misread emotions, such as mistaking nervousness for hostility! He’s still working on it.

Being a relatively friendly pony, Cashmere tries his hardest not to come off as snobby or stuck up. Yet when he does get his mane ruffled or his buttons pushed, he will go in for the kill, using the strongest, sharpest words to cut into his opponents. He knows he has a rotten and nasty temper, and he does try his hardest to be nice and kind to everypony.

His temper stems from how he was treated as a colt. Often getting teased for doing ‘filly work’, as he preferred to sew and create things that other colts found to be useless and feminine. Biting remarks caused him to reciprocate such negativity, stabbing his opponents with words the same way a needle stabs through fabric.

His main fluke is his lack of pain tolerance. A bruise makes him sniffle, a splinter makes him whine, and if he breaks a bone, here come the sirens and the floodgates opening! Strange, considering if he gets a cold or flu, it’s dealt with like a champ.

All his bags are made out of fabric. He would NEVER use materials from a living being! He uses leather alternatives and gets most of his fabric shipped from his mother in Canterlot. She has several connections and gets discounts on high quality fabric. This is another way he takes care of his mother, paying top dollar for the fabrics she sends him!

Thirdattempt.png

Again no cutie mark I can't draw D<

8902162-coil-with-a-red-thread-and-needle-on-white-background.jpg

But the Mark looks like this 83

Interesting character. I like the idea of another fashion designer that specializes rather than a jack of all trades in the fashion world. A few points you might want to think about. One being that bridles are usually made of leather. Being so, sewing leather with a machine either requires the machine to be massive and very powerful with needles to match. Also leather acts very differently from cloth, I just see a little bit of a clash when somepony specializing in cloth saddlebags, I assume they are cloth at least, is also working with leather. Also where would he get the leather from to make the items? Also, in the character summary, first paragraph, second line, you accidentally typed "Hand bags" rather than saddle bags. His personality seems a little abrasive, maybe you could expound upon why he is the way he is. Did he learn it from his parents, or did it evolve from a situation in his youth? For that matter does he have a father, or was his father out of the picture? Maybe his father was a bit of a bully, so he stuck around his mother more, but still picked up the short fuse of his father? Reading another person'e micro-expressions and body language takes a bunch of practice and some innate skill. I'm not saying that he can't have hobbies outside of his talent, but maybe down play them a little. Make him not that great at reading others just yet, he gets into arguments because he thinks somepony is one emotion when they are really another? Again just thoughts!

All in all I like the idea behind the character, he just needs a little more fleshing out for the summary on the character, it would make him a little more dynamic and playable!

~Sage AkA Freddie Freewings

Hello again!! I see a whole bunch of improvement here and I like what I see! The character is more dynamic and seems more three dimensional. You added that extra little bit to make the application all come together! Good job! I really don't see any problems at all. I like how you related his personality to his colthood and that he was teased. That can turn anypony a little snippy after a while.

All in all a good application! He seems like an interesting fellow and I would really like to see him being played some time!

P.S. You still have hand-bags in there. Hooves can be a pain sometimes can't they? Firs paragraph, second line, third sentence of character summary. Over to the right side of the page. It is hard to spot.

Hello again!! I see a whole bunch of improvement here and I like what I see! The character is more dynamic and seems more three dimensional. You added that extra little bit to make the application all come together! Good job! I really don't see any problems at all. I like how you related his personality to his colthood and that he was teased. That can turn anypony a little snippy after a while.

All in all a good application! He seems like an interesting fellow and I would really like to see him being played some time!

P.S. You still have hand-bags in there. Hooves can be a pain sometimes can't they? Firs paragraph, second line, third sentence of character summary. Over to the right side of the page. It is hard to spot.

Thanks.. CONFOUND YOU HOOOOVES!-goes to fix-

I swear... D<

I am curious as to how the name Cashmere comes into play. Cashmere is more notably a knitting and weaving yarn (made from very fine hair from certain goats) than a sewing thread. If a pony was to sew leather alternatives, and stronger cloth into saddlebags, Flax, Cotton, Sinew (from animals, so he might not use it), Rayon (which is artificial, sort of, but doesn't seem beyond the capabilities of the ponies like Nylon would be) and even multi-strand silk would be a better choice.

I do have some ponies in Appleoosa who have specially modified saddlebags that they burn through pretty quickly on their adventures. Perhaps they are customers.

I am curious as to how the name Cashmere comes into play. Cashmere is more notably a knitting and weaving yarn (made from very fine hair from certain goats) than a sewing thread. If a pony was to sew leather alternatives, and stronger cloth into saddlebags, Flax, Cotton, Sinew (from animals, so he might not use it), Rayon (which is artificial, sort of, but doesn't seem beyond the capabilities of the ponies like Nylon would be) and even multi-strand silk would be a better choice.

I do have some ponies in Appleoosa who have specially modified saddlebags that they burn through pretty quickly on their adventures. Perhaps they are customers.

His name comes from the fact that Cashmere is soft and gentle to the touch, It has nothing to do with his fabric choices.

It's implying his Mother found him to be the softest cutest little fluffems..

He's not gonna tell you that, no way on earth.

Just checking does Assessed mean that it's accepted or?

Because it got moved to accepted

Well that it is basically a stamp that says the app is good to go by helpstaff, that we thinks it has everything it needs to be a good character. We then move it to the general accepted folder where a mod (or the admin) looks at it can gives the final thumbs up (in case we missed something) and puts the app in the proper folder. At that point you are good to go. :)

Well that it is basically a stamp that says the app is good to go by helpstaff, that we thinks it has everything it needs to be a good character. We then move it to the general accepted folder where a mod (or the admin) looks at it can gives the final thumbs up (in case we missed something) and puts the app in the proper folder. At that point you are good to go. :)

Alright thank you so much =D :kissy: