• Fluttershy
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Twilight Sparkle
  2. 2. Which pony is the fastest flyer?

• Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
  3. 3. Which pony is the fastest overall?

• Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Twilight Sparkle

I don't care that most of Pinkie's speed is for comedic effect. I still think she's the fastest runner. I'm defiantly sure she's the fastest runner when going backwards.

32881 - Moonwalk animated pinkie_pie twilight_sparkle.gif

I don't care that most of Pinkie's speed is for comedic effect. I still think she's the fastest runner. I'm defiantly sure she's the fastest runner when going backwards.

32881 - Moonwalk animated pinkie_pie twilight_sparkle.gif

Match. Set. Win.

Pinkie is fastest. Even if she has to use the elements of cartoon nature to get there.

pielauncher.png

We have to assume that each pony is beginning a normal, rested state absent any outside interference or inspiration and using their primary mode of transportation unless otherwise indicated. Pretty much each pony would be doing a lone time trial.

Fluttershy can break reality when motivated, but normal state Fluttershy isn't especially fast. She doesn't fly often or fast.

Pinkie Pie absent Rule of Funny justification isn't shown being any faster than a normal pony.

Rarity...doesn't run period unless life is on the line. She might get dusty.

Twilight is a long distance endurance runner. She's not going to outrun anybody over short distances.

Rainbow Dash is, hooves-down, the fastest flyer and thus makes her the fastest of the six if there isn't a limit on mode of transportation.

Applejack is the fastest runner. Cheating and pranking aside, Rainbow Dash was beginning to flag at the end of the Running of Leaves, choosing to fly at the end when freed rather than running to the finish which would have gained her better bragging rights.

• 5 years later...

Well time as pass but now from this post many season has passed. Now on season 7 but speed have change as new comer on fastest flier can b twiligth as seen in the season 4 final when she was over power with alicorn magic she her self was able to make a sonic boom but it was more her colour seem than a rainbow like rd and that while twiligth was going up not down 

In my opinion, I wouldn't count using Twilight's magic or alicorn magic as a legitimate claim that Twilight's the fastest.  Teleportation does't make you faster, it just takes you from one place to another.  There's only displacement, and no distance.  That being said, I think Rainbow Dash and Pinkie are both equally fast.  As Gorgoroth said, Pinkie was able to match up to RD's speed easily, but none of the other Mane 6 can move quite as fast as either of them.