water cannot drown him.

the severest weather does not damage him,

not because he is invincible,

but because he knows safety from danger,

he is calm and decisive even facing great risks,

he knows when to go forward, when to retreat,

nothing can harm such a man.

Chong Tse

"You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure"- Charlie Chaplin "the great dictator"

• Like 2

"You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure"- Charlie Chaplin "the great dictator"

Great quote from a classic movie.

"During the many years of life, we feel anger, bitterness, and fear.

And yet, even when betrayed, a part of us wants to trust again.

Just as we believe in ourselves, we want to believe in others. No matter who takes the first step.

I will believe in them.

And I believe that they will make the choice to believe in me, too."

- Seto, Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon.

pale_blue_dot_1990-3.jpg

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand.

It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known." -Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot.

TL;DR: Read the last summary paragraph.

'Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive' -Elbert Hubbard

"Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive." ~Elbert Hubbard

You cannot see the future with tears in your eyes - Navajo proverb

Whoops, didn't mean to copy a former quote. Let me try to make up for that one:

[colour=#181818]“God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who [/colour]smiles all the time[colour=#181818].” ~Terry Pratchett[/colour]

"Any time I'm feeling alone... I think about how there's someone out there feeling the same way as me.

At this very moment, there are innumerable people just like me all over the world.

Yet the tiniest act of sharing a secret could easily make two of us friends.

So simple.

So effortless."

- Seto, Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon.

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by.

If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them.

If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."

- Marcus Aurelius