• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Voltaire:

"It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere."

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

"Almost everything is imitation... The most original writers borrowed from one another."

"Life is bristling with thorns, and I know no other remedy than to cultivate one's garden."

You can't fall off the floor

Timendi causa est nescire

Latin - Ignorance is the cause of fear

If this statement is true, Santa Claus is real.

There is an exception to every rule.

The exception to this rule is: There is no exception.

A little learning is a dangerous thing. Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring; There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain; And drinking largely sobers us again

Alexander Pope

Often misquoted as "
A little learning is a dangerous thing
"

I don't want to see you anymore, I'm just not that strong, I love it when you're here, But I'm better when you're gone.

I'm certain that I've given, and oh how you can take, There's no use in you looking, There's nothing left for you to break...

Baby, please release me, Let my heart rest in pieces...

“I never think about the future. It comes soon enough.” - Albert Einstein

“If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.” - Mark Twain

“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.” - Lyall Watson

“As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy.” - Christopher Dawson

“I think we agree, the past is over.” - George W. Bush

"Are you okay!? BUSTAH WOLF!" - Terry Bogard