Truth or Dare

MudBug

Why had he listened to that big doofus Champ? Stupid overgrown poison joke face!

When the tiny pegasi foal had made the correct assumption of the jock colt's faux emotional state and questioned his actual courageousness after the aqua foal had boasted quite fruitfully of his own endeavours, having most of the schoolyard herd on his shoulder and drooling like numb minded bunnies about how he 'allegedly' braved a whole night in the Everfree Forest.

As the small male's hooves clumped messily into the undergrowth, making insects and small beasties scatter he reared and silently cured himself. He shouldn't have said anything. He should've just stuck to the background and not opened his chops when that stupid bully opened his.

With the star patterned blanket draped over his back and markless tooshy like a makeshift cape as he wandered through the arcs of looming branches that blotted out the moonlight to make sharp streaks of black across the forest floor and his pale hide. It was like something out a bedtime story. The forest of gloom and doom.

Nervously biting his lip at the slightest rustle of the surrounding area he found himself just a pale blot in a dark area, mentally kicking himself in the tiny behind. The next time he's threatened to step hoof into Everfree by penalty of pummeling, he wanted a random donkey to fall from the stars and kick him.

No...no he was being silly. Irrational even. It was just a small period of time. He'd be home soon, sipping some hot chocolate, eating marshmallows, reading his favourite book on constellations...he'd be fin-

"KREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

The falcon's cry nearly made him duck for cover right into a rock if he hadn't taken the easier option of instead, just running like a maniac.

AvenHeaderpost.png

The night brought a new cool to the forest after the sun had parted. Aven took a deep breath of the moist air around her, inhaling deeply as if she were drinking in the scents of the world around her. Sighing just as deeply she perked her ears as a bird of prey cried overhead. She looked up through the dark and twisting trees attempting to make out the navy skies above decorated in stars. She gave a bit of a jump as she heard something rustling just past the thickets. What in the world... She thought to herself. Poking her head out from the bushes she stared at the little white pegasus foal quivering behind a large rock. "You're so tiny that hawk would pick you right up. I can't blame you for hiding." she said out loud, not being very subtle about her presence. Aven was quite little herself, still a fawn compared to most deer relations. But she was still taller with her long, thin, delicate legs than the average pony foal. "Why are you here? Isn't it past your bed time?" She asked the shaking little foal.

Just close your eyes and it'll all disapear, this was a dream. All just a terrible, horrible nightmare that was made up of his own personal fears and was only dulled of its edge by the soft light of the moon and stars that barely peaked out from the branches of the trees. This was only until a few clouds whisked lazily infront of the fat, silver orb that hung high in the inky deep blue canvas above his head. Oh not the dark. Anything but the dark. The soft glow of the stars on his blanket now became far too apparent and he huddled closer under it.

Just a dream. Just a dream. Just a-

"You're so tiny that hawk would pick you right up. Can't blame you for hiding."

...Was that a voice? Large ears flopped against his tiny head before those large eyes of his rolled up, peering past the curtain of white and technicolour forelock to peer at the skinny legged creature. He'd never seen one of those before. And being as he'd never seen one before, it was new to him. And being new to him...well. The tiny foal let out the softest yelp and backed up, blanket falling over his head as his now blinded, fumbling state made him back up into the base of some elderly tree's trunk. The wood groaning slightly at the light pressure of the miniscule colt before he peered out tentatively from his fabric shield. Shuddering even more like an autumn leaf now.

"A-Are...Are y-you gonna e-eat me?" He piped up like a poorly blown fife from under his blanket.

AvenHeaderpost.png

"Eat you?" Aven blinked in a confused manner, "Oh, is it cause of my teeth?" She said and bared them, grinning as wide as possible to reveal the fangs and predatory teeth. Strangely enough she didn't eat meat, the teeth were just a show of force and defense at best. But other creatures would only assume blood thirst from her kind. "No. I do like pumpkins though. Carrots too." She nodded and puffed at her bangs that awkwardly sat across her snout tickling at her pink nose. "But even if I didn't eat you, something else will. Why are you out here?" She asked again stepping out from the bushes into the opening, she looked away from him and hopped onto the rock he had tried to hide behind and angled her ears about making sure there wasn't anything else in their presence. She began to tumble a bit on the rock and opened her little wings to help keep balance as she tipped her chin towards the sky, "Looks like you're lucky tonight. I'm the only one around here."

Those teeth! Look at them they were so sharp! So fierce! She was obviously lieing! Nothing with sharp teeth could've been said to eat pumpkins....then again...dragons ate gems, right? And precious metals? He supposed that was ONE example, it didn't mean she was telling the truth. She could be a foal eating monster.

He watched her though, observed her movements quietly and found himself slowly becoming more and more curious of the creature before him, as young foals were want to do. The 'monster' had such skinny legs and such a fluffy looking tail. If that was a tail....and wings. Hiding his wings self conciously as he watched the others' flap in perfect confidence that they could work and keep perfect equilibrium of their owner, feeling a tiny bit of jealousy seep into him as he watched this. Even Everfree beasties could fly and she looked smaller than a pony.

The thought of being eaten didn't particularly appeal to him that much, but even as he shuffled himself, or tried too, under his starry little blankie he kept up with the conversation as politely as he could.

"U-Uhm.." Came the soft voiced stuttering. "...I...I was dared to come out here..."

That sounded so stupid thinking on it, not even adult ponies would've come out here on a dare. Feeling his pale cheeks go a little rosey he tentatively shuffled closer to the rock. Atleast there it'd be harder for beasties to get a grasp of him, if he trusted this skinny non pony's words. Speaking of which, what -was- she?

"A-...Are you a pony....?" He asked in obvious curiousity.

AvenHeaderpost.png

Tapping at the rock for her footing she managed to flap her wings a big and hop around as the little pegasus foal huddled against the shadow of the rock. She leaned over practically looking at him upside down as her hair dangled down. "Dared? Wow, you're really brave or really stupid. Still it's kind of admirable." She said with a bit of thoughtfulness to her voice. Still it seemed harsh and blunt to most. "Pony? Nope." she shook her head and stood straight back up on the rock, "I'm a Peryton. You know what a deer is right? Well... I'm sorta like that you see." She held out a tiny hoof to him, "See? Little legs and body, my big ears too. Buuut..." She turned around again and perked her rump into the air as the feathers shifted, "I'm also part bird. These are all tail feathers to match my wings." She said turning back around and opening up her tiny wings. "They're not so good for flying... But they help me jump really far." She smiled without showing her scary teeth. She figured she was having to much fun poking at the little pony. Aven couldn't help it, she didn't get to meet to many ponies often. And the bigger ponies scared the dickens out of her. But the little ponies weren't so scary... "Anywho, doesn't matter what I am. You still better get out of here. Do you know the way out? I can show you if you want." She nodded as her little antlers gleamed in the thin moonlight.

This creature was very fleet footed wasn't she? His ears swivelled forward atop his large head whilst watching her hop in her balletic motions till he was met with her upside down, his boldness growing an inch taller as he found his feet and he stood to watch her curiously. More of his fluffy, boufant fringe and tiny tail visible as the soft indigo blanket with light yellow stars simply sat upon the small of his lower back like a saddle.

She'd kind of caught him red hooved on the latter, it was incredibly stupid. Why had he listened to that big jerk?

Shaking the thought of that loathsome jerk from his large head he listening on curiously to the strange creature's tale, the dark no longer bothering him now that he had someone here to distract him. Distract his fears and the like that lingered.

"Ohhhhh..." He began, following her actions curiously as his tiny hooves tried to keep up with her. "I guess that explains it."

Flapping his own tiny wings like an over eager gosling fresh out the egg he quickly placed his back to his side, don't go thinking about that now, you'll just embarass yourself.

At her offer, he looked more than a little relieved, his face twisted with a small sigh as he glances up the length of the rock to stare up at her.

"I kind of...lost my way running from that hawk so...so any help would...would be greatful, miss...uhm..." Oh...he just realised. He hadn't asked her name.

"Uhm...what's your name?"