Frightful Fun

"Stop talkin' like that, Gilda!" Texas Tilly shouted. "You'll frighten poor Gingersnap."

"AFFIRMATIVE!" added Silver. "MISS GINGERSNAP IS OUR FRIEND AND WE ALL SHOULD MAKE HER FEEL WELCOME."

Silver used his internal holographic projector to produce a rainbow that stretches up into the sky.

"Lookie at that, little lady! How do ya like that thar rainbow?"

"THERE SEEMS TO BE A LOT OF THESE IN THIS UNIVERSE!"

"Dangerous? Frighten? You should have seen me wrestling this large python in the Everfree Forest! It was so big it could have swallowed me whole! But I showed that python never to come back again! I bopped it on the head. Again! And again! And again!" Gingersnap said, telling another one of her outrageous stories.

Gingersnap looked up at the rainbow, though the rainbow wasn't real, it did look pretty. "Hehe...that rainbow is....really pretty."

"Well, that's quite the story, kid," Gilda laughed. This kid was kind of kid of a little excitable, but she didn't seem all that bad for a pony. She had just the right kind of spirit.

"As for you two, from what I seen, the kid... and me, for that matter, have every right to be afraid," she said , shaking her head. "Seriously. What are you planning to do with that crazy thing? Or do I not even want to know...?"

"THE INTENTION OF THE RAINBOW WAS FOR THE PURPOSE OF AMUSING AND RELAXING MISS GINGERSNAP" Silver neighed as the holographic rainbow vanished. "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED"

"That's right, saddlepal," Texas Tilly said defensively. "At least the two of us are trying to be polite and nice. When's the last time YOU ever showed kindness to anyone, Gilda?"

"BASED ON PAST BEHAVIORAL PATTERNS, THE PROBABLY SUGGESTS THAT THE GRIFFIN CREATURE HAS NO MEMORY OF PAST KIND MOMENTS."

• 2 weeks later...

"I'd watch it kid," Gilda said to the foal, not liking being called "funny looking". "Even a kid like you doesn't want to get on my bad side." She gave a cool laugh and shrugged. "But yeah, we griffins come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, just like you lame ponies do."

Gilda then looked at the strange mare and the stallion. "I sure hope you keep playing nice and polite then. If your friend there ever flips, these ponies have a first class disaster on their hands," she said with a mocking, sarcastic edge.

"As for kindness, I'm not in the business of doing things when I have nothing to gain," Gilda said with a cold edge. "However, I'll have you know that I'm more than willing to stick my neck out for someone I consider a friend."

Gilda recalled her last trip to Talonopolis where she had actually stood up to a much larger griffin that was bullying a hippogriff. She'd have used that for an example, but for her reputation's sake it was a story she wanted to get as little exposure as possible.

Texas Tilly growled at Gilda's words.

"Are you sayin' what I think yer sayin' about my pal Silver?" the striped mare asked in a gruff way.

"ANGER UNNECESSARY," Silver spoke as the cybernetic alicorn out his metal leg out in front of Tilly to block her path to Gilda. "GRIFFIN CREATURE'S WORDS NON-OFFENSIVE TO ME."

"If'n you say so," Texas Tilly said as she turned towards Gingersnap. "Have you been out gitt'n candy tonight, youngin'?"

Gingersnap shook her head. "This is my first time dressing up, so I've never gotten any candy before." she explained. She thought for a moment before saying "This one time I ate candy for supper. Before I knew it I ate so much I thought I was gonna burst! But I didn't burst like a balloon, I got a bad tummyache. Hey, listen! Let's all go together! it wouldn't be any fun if I got all the candy and no one to share it with."

Gilda shrugged. She was a griffin with a bit of a taste for sweets.That was another reason she enjoyed this time of year. It was hard to argue with people just giving out sweets for free. Saved Gilda the trouble of having to steal them. Since her little bit of frightful fun here was ruined thanks to the uppity child, the upstart mare and the death machine, Gilda didn't really see much point in standing around the maze much longer.

"I'm with you, kid," she said with a smirk. "I could use some candy. There might be a chance to finally scare some lame ponies while were at it.."

"Now see thar, Gilda," Texas Tilly said in a softer tone, "sumthin' all of us kin agree on! We'd be plumb tickled to go out fer candy with ya, kido!"

"AFFIRMATIVE!" Silver answered. "ALTHOUGH I LACK THE ABILITY TO CONSUME SUGARY FOOD STUFFS I WOULD BE PLEASED TO ASSIST IN OBTAINING THEM FOR ALL OF YOU."

"That's the spirit, Silver! We kin go door to door and git sweets! Reckon my saddlepal and I kin pass fer bein' in costume so let's get to it!"

'WHERE SHALL WE GO FIRST?"

"Sounds cool with me," said Gilda with a shrug. "And the haunted house is perfect for scares..."

Gilda stepped forward and shook her head. "But I guess if we want to go anywhere, we're going to have to get out of this lame-o maze..."

"I could fly out..." Gilda said, nodding to the foal. "But I don't see any wings on your back, kid..."

"If we need to git outta this here maze, ol' Silver kin find us a way out!" Texas Tilly neighed, turning towards the cybernetic stallion.

"AFFIRMATIVE!" Silver spoken, "SCANNING.. CALCULATING.. PROCESSING.. I HAVE DISCOVERED THE FASTEST PATH OUT OF THIS MAZE."

Using his internal holographic projectors, Silver projected a red line along the ground.

"FOLLOW THE PROJECTED PATH AND WE WILL FIND THE SOUTH EXIT!"

"Great work, saddlepal! C'mon along, Gingersnap! Gilda, ya kin walk out with us if ya like or fly out and we'll meetcha outside."