Wandering around the stalls

Ancre

(Sorry for the procrastinationing)

"Let me just check that." Re-Roll checked one of Bumbles' tables. "No, that's not good. Cerberus uses paw swipe. You would take 20 damage, but you're a warrior. You can take an endurance check. Use one of those d12. You need about a 6 or higher to lower the damage by 1/4."

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willow Whisper winced in sympathy, and looked at Bumble Buns with a sympathetic little smile on her muzzle. "Good thing you have a lot of hit points, huh? You can totally do it though. If you make it I'll see if Leafdancer can nail him with another one of those magic rocks." The podgy unicorn reached for her dice, wanting to keep them handy for when she had her turn. "If you don't roll a 6, like, don't worry, huh? I have a spell that can heal you for a little bit if I can get to you next turn."

Bumble Buns winced when the filly master announced the amount of damage. It was at least double of what was usually dealt, so it looked bad, and the other players said as much.

"That's one dangerous doggie ! Well, I hope I'll make that endurance check. I have more than fifty percent chances of making it, after all" she commented grimly.

The yellow mare grabbed her dice, smiling at the other player's words of sympathy. "Well, even if I fail, I'm not done yet !" she replied, smiling a little as well.

She tossed the dice. Watched it roll, and bump against the books on the table. Watched it slow down and gently coming to a stop "Come on ..." ... but the dice landed on a one.

"One !" That really wasn't good. "Is that a critical failure ? It's even worse than before isn't it ?" she asked glumly to Re-Roll before catching herself - ah, right, roleplay !

Thunderhoof stood up, but he wasn't well. The Cerberus' strike had left three large gashes in his body, three long red stripes, each for one of its claws. Blood slowly started to flow, smearing his coat, dripping on the forest's ground. But the warrior refused to let go, and slowly walked toward the dog despite the pain, his teeth clenched around his sword. Whatever the cost, he would not fail his friends !

"Nope. You just take normal damage." Re-Roll consoled the mare. "It's nothing too big. You're bound to get at least one bad roll during a game. Now then." He rubbed his hooves together. "Let's have some fun. I cast Shockwave against the Cerberus's body." He rolled a d6. "Gah. Only 3. Does only 10 damage."

"Thunderhoof!" Gold Rush couldn't stand seeing his friend hurt. It made him angry that this Cerberus was tearing them apart. "Feel the wrath of a true wizard, beast!" He snarled, his horn glowing crazily. "Fus Ro Dah!" He cried. The force from his voice hit the Cerberus, but it didn't seem to fazed by the attack.

(Couldn't resist, :smirk: )

"Harsh..." Willow Whisper shook her head, and tossed her dreadlocked mane to try and clear her vision so she could get a better look at the grid. "Don't worry, I'll try and heal you, yeah? It's my last spell of the day though." The unicorn searched around for her twelve sided dice and levitated it over in front of her quickly. She breathed on it for good luck with a sheepish little smile, and rolled it with a will. "10! Add my level and you get... 11 hit points back! Better than nothing, eh?"

Leafdancer cringed at the strike that the Cerberus landed on Thunderhoof, and without thinking abandoned the spell she had been casting. The stones that had hovered glittering around her turned lifeless, and fell to the forest floor in a small rattle of rock and rustle of leaves. The slender unicorn raced over toward the wounded warrior, dashing dangerously close to the three headed beast. Their monstrous foe snapped at the druid with one head as she galloped by, but the druid jumped and danced nimbly out of the way with a determined look. She skidded to a halt at Thunderhooves side, and began chanting under her breath furiously. Behind her the Cerberus had recovered from his failed attack on the druid. The beast ignored Gold Rush's force magic, and rushed forward after the two clustered ponies, seeing an easy end to the wounded warrior. Leafdancer touched her horn gently to Thunderhoof's wounds, and a neon green glow flowed from her into the larger stronger pony, healing his wounds partially and returning some of his spent strength.

She had just finished the spell when the three headed canine was upon them. One head snapped shut on the end of Leafdancer's curled tail and flung her as a dog might fling a toy with little effort. She gave a pained shout of surprise and skidded to a halt in the dirt a distance away. The druid scrambled to get to her hooves and glanced back toward their foe and Thunderhoof. Her magic had left her for the day, but she hoped her contribution would be enough to help turn the tide of the fight.

"He, thank you," Bumble Buns smiled at the other two players. It wasn't over yet ! And even if her character was in a dire situation, it felt good to see the two other ponies rushing to help her.

Thunderhoof stood up, his sword firmly grasped in his mouth, facing the monster, doing all he could to continue the fight - and he couldn't do much more, with the scope of his injuries.

The Cerberus growled at the earth pony, then suddenly roared in pain - another one of Gold rush's spells had hit him, disorienting the beast long enough for the druid to jump unharmed to the warrior's rescue.

Leafdancer rushed her spell as fast as she could, chanting incantations without even trying to regain her breath. Her horn shone a gentle green aura, and, touching the wounds, mended them a little.

Unfortunately, The druid barely had the time to finish her spell - Leafdancer was thrown away, like a rag doll, by the mad monster. The Cerberus had a bone to pick with Thunderhoof, and the druid was in his way.

"Yeah, that's right lil'pup, come and get me !" the warrior taunted, feeling much better already - the spell had worked ! He met the monster's charge with a swing of his blade, diving under him, aiming for the neck.

"So, I'm the one who strike ! Dice roll !" Bumble Buns excitedly rolled the dice, which gave her a 18. "Ha, luck turns, foul beast !" She merrily commented.

Rushing under the dog's paws, Thunderhoof blindly striked here and there, evading the Cerberus' attacks, and rolled back on his hooves to face the monster again. "You missed !" he grinned at the monster, knowing that he had hurt him heavily this time - and that the Cerberus had no friends to help him.

"Excellent! 20 damage to Cerberus! It's dead now." Re-Roll read from the guide. "And it drops..." He grabbed a d6 and rolled it. It landed on a 4. "...It drops a shield stone. This grants 20 protection to anyone who holds it. Since it was your kill, I think the stone should go to Thunderhoof."

"Behold! The beast falls!" Gold Rush pointed at the Cerberus, which swayed momentarily on the spot, following Thunderhoof's attack, and fell to the floor, shaking the forest floor as it did. As it fell, a glowing green stone appeared in midair above the bod of the Cerberus. "A shield stone!" The wizard exclaimed.

"I should have the stone ?" Bumble Buns asked. "Well, ok ! But if any of you want it, I'll gladly share it !" she offered.

The monster and the warrior stared at each other. For a few seconds, none of them moved. Then, the Cerberus wobbled, and crashed on the ground, dead.

A strange glowing stone appeared and fell on the monster's corpse. 'This place had some strange magic' the warrior thought. Gold Rush immediately knew what it was : a shield stone. He said it aloud, and Thunderhoof sheathed his sword and picked it up.

Instantly the warrior felt safer, as if he was wearing an armor better than his. He put it in his saddlebags, and turned toward his companions.

"Everypony's ok ?" he asked, especially worried about the druid, who had been thrown around by the monster. "This place is more dangerous than I thought. We shouldn't stay in the same spot for long. Let's keep on moving, if we can."

Thunderhoof also remembered the calls for help they were trying to investigate - anypony lost in this forest would need help as soon as possible, and they couldn't let them wait.

"That's nice." Re-Roll looked back at the guide. "A-ha! I think we have a perfect next encounter." He cleared his throat. "You hear a snapping sound behind us. You turn around and notice something different. The stranger appears to be like a Pony, but something's different about them. You don't know what it could be. Maybe it's the stripes, or the strange tribal necklace. It appears that this Pony is different."

"Agreed." Gold Rush picked up his fallen staff. "The sooner we leave the Everfree,the be...what is that? In the trees." He raised his staff defensively as a ponylike shape stepped from between the trees.

"It's just a pony. We're safe." Gold Rush lowered his staff. and then he saw the black stripes on the pony's white body, accompanied by a necklace made from some of the most colorful feathers he had seen. This was no pony...

"It's a zebra!" Re-Roll said. "Want to determine if he's friendly or not?"