Gentlecolts...

Dio

So I'm here... now what?

I'm just an ordinary brony who got sucked in thanks to 4chan, Know Your Meme, and Equestria Daily. I'm a 20-something college student and FiM is still comedy gold for me.

About me? Well, I'm a bit of a nerd, so you'll probably catch me making Halo, Call of Duty, Star Trek, D&D, and Warhammer 40k references from time to time. I'm also an FPS geek and play Reach, Bad Company 2, and Black Ops on Xbox Live. My major RP experience is mostly from 4th edition D&D using some homebrew campaigns that one of my good friends cooked up in his downtime. I figured I'd give this a shot for something different. I love crafting fictional worlds and reading up on lore between engineering studies and hanging out with my friends, so let me know if you want any help with fleshing out the background lore for the RP section.

That's about as much as I can think of before breakfast; hope that's enough to start to meet your acquaintances.

-adjusts her thick rimmed glasses-

star trek, huh?

i think you'll fit in just fine.

:geek:

i'm a huge trekkie.

i even made a trekkie pony.

-snorts-

so, kirk or picard?

what was your favorite season?

did you like the reboot?

do you play wow at all?

i used to play halo, but sadly i don't have

an xbox so, like... i can't unless i'm over at

a friends. hahaha

honestly, i think i should stop myself.

i have to sleep anyway.

yay five am for me. OTL

Boom! Questions! But that's okay, I'm wired to answer questions :D

Of the two, Picard, though (I'll probably get called a heretic for this) my personal favorite was Archer from Enterprise. That said, I loved any episode in TNG and DS9 that dealt with Romulans or Cardassians. I study politics as my secondary concentration and the mechanics of interstellar political dealings always fascinated me. I'm a fan of the Dominion War arc in DS9 because it portrays the Federation more as another faction in a battle for control of the stars rather than the paragon of virtue that TOS took. I know, Enterprise and DS9; that's two strikes against me already :P

I'm a huge fan of the rebooted Kirk, heck the entire crew of the rebooted Enterprise. The casting for JJverse Star Trek was spot on and the mechanics of the show struck a good balance between canon tribute and original material. I'm really looking forward to the next one, especially if JJ is directing.

I've never touched WoW in my life, but I have so many friends that do I've picked up a few things via osmosis. The closest I get is 4th edition D&D which kind of borrows some mechanics from WoW like the aggro system for defenders (paladins, fighters, etc.). I just never got into MMOs; I've spent way too much time on shooters to get past the need for instant action.

I take it you're an insomniac, too?

Hello and welcome to Equestria! My name is Ashi and I'm one of the creators/owners of the equestrian forums! I just wanted to stop in and be sure to let you know one of the better places to check out first is Getting Started area. After you had a chance to look at some tid bits and maybe snag a free icon don't forget to take a look at our RULES here on the forums. They are still pretty important!

This forum is here for fun discussion of general things, ponies, and even a little bit of role play for those who enjoy that sort of thing! If you don't no need to worry, there are lots of other thread to chill in. We look forward to seeing you around, hope you enjoy yourself here on our forums.

We could definitely use more input on the Lore and Map areas being fleshed out! I hope you see you around in the suggestions area then! C:

sooooo on my phone replying to this!

who knew i could do this?! hahaha

soooo. enterprise huh? never saw it, and seriously do not want to. like... t`pol just irritates me to none other. honestly the whole series plays out like a fanboys wet dream! half the things they do don`t even add up to tos or tng. which also is ironic, ent best episode is one that has to deal with wtf tng. -snorts- ds9 is ok. i`m on season 2 and i`m raging so hard about how often i`m hearing bajoran and cardassian. plus the whole thing just doesn`t feel like roddenberry. about one of the only things i like about ds9 is quark. hahaha i`m tempted to just jump to s4 to get to worf.

i was impressed with reboot st cause tos is my favorite series. i wasn`t too impressed with zoe as uhura, she seemed really harsh. and look at that, lunch is over, got to head back to work!

S3 of Enterprise is where it gets good. S1 and S2 weren't much to talk about and S4 was good until the last couple episodes. DS9 doesn't start to get really good until the Dominion War (S4 I think). I guess while I like Roddenberry's vision of a future worth living for, I know deep down that there will be no pretty federation where everyone is nice. I guess I'm just one for political intrigue and realist political theory lol