This is the official thread for viewing and chatting about the fourth episode of Season Two - Luna Eclipsed

The thread will open 8:55am Central Standard Time (the Hub has scheduled this episode one hour later in the day than the last three, it now airs at 9am CST), five minutes before the episode begins.

High Definition video is up! 720p, closed captioned, no commercials! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSDjjmwmUqI&hd=1

:Luna: This episode is shaping up to be a top notch one! :Luna:

YAY!! GRANNY SMITH HAD SOME DIALOGUE!!!!

And of COURSE Pinkie Pie is into Trick or Treat!

It's just Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie!

And a pirate! YAY!!!

Hmm. Good, but not great in my opinion. Certainly wasn't expecting this characterisation of Luna, but then again I wasn't sure what to expect. I wish Tales the best of luck in rewriting her app :twisted:

The ending does a least explain why the town was cowering at Luna... they wanted to. XD

Might watch it again when the HD stream comes out. Not only do I want a closer look at the costumes... but I got several unwelcome interuptions from my parents. :sleep:

Can't really make up my mind about this ep...

• Like 1

What's that sound?

It sounds like a thousand fanfic writers screaming in agony...

Including ME!

This ep wrecks the story submission I was planning for the writing contest......

:sniff: :sniff: :sniff:

Good thing I chose to watch it first BEFORE I started writing......

I don't know what to say, but I really enjoyed it :kissy:

I like how they portrayed Luna, but I hope if she shows up in a later episode, she's talking more like a normal pony.

thowest likest this speaking? no it kinda bothers me, but it's good for this episode :P

Okay, Luna's nice again. Scared me for a minute there.

I have to say, I approve of new Luna. She's a lot different than I imagined her to be, but for the better.

I always think this after every episode, but this has to be my new favorite episode. Because Luna, that's why.

I just wish we'd gotten to see more happy Luna. Scary Luna is scary.

• Like 2

I'm a little disappointed that there wasn't song in this episode

oh yeah, I completely forgot about songs.

this episode was good without a song, but now that I think of it, Zecora telling the story could've been done in song

We do need a song this season. Hopefully next episode (which is likely considering it's about Rarity and Sweetie Belle, both of whom are great at songs)

But yeah, Luna was fun.

Dash is awesome in this episode. :lol:

Seriously, where is Rarity though? I didn't see her anywhere at the festival and she doesn't strike me as the type to avoid the celebration like Fluttershy is.... Seriously, she should be there showing off some kind of delightful costume she made.

Fearmongering Chicken Pinkie Pie is my new favourite Pinkie Pie.

Also, no Rarity. What gives? :-(

Is it just me or was Pinkie Pie getting a little TOO MUCH into her 'chicken' character......

And yeah, what happened to Rarity?

I liked this episode...wasn't as good as last week, but Princess Luna did make me laugh.  That said, I'm glad she turned out like I expected...Kinda scary still, but all in all, a good Princess.  My story remains secure!  Seeing the CMC in their costumes made me grin too.  Hail the 1930's era classic Monster Movies...and woo-hoo for seeing Derpy!  Wonder when she'll get some lines?