I don't like to think of Pipsqueak has annoying. Especially since I at first disliked the CMC's, but now am madly in love with all of them, well, maybe SB and Scoot. :P

First of all, I knew Luna would be the only one to guess Twilight's Costume

I suppose that the "Shy Luna" stories could still work if you think of them as happening early after she returns from the moon and then as her power returned so did her arcaic habits (saying that it would have been hilarious if she said "We are not amused") and she may be quieter at home since she said it's traditional to shout when addressing her subjects (which may also explain why Celestia didn't think of telling her not to shout when she went to Ponyville)....yes, my attempt at making all the various ideas work

Oh! And appearently the official reason for why Rarity didn't appear in the episode (and why she was replaced with Carrot Top in the Derpy Scene) is that the episode ran too long (they probably picked Rarity's scene as the one that was removed due to Luna and Rarity having the same voice actress). But I've seen comments describing the deleted scene

Rarity was still working on her costume (not finished, that perfectionist Rarity), Twilight brought Luna over for a makeover, Luna didn't like the new look (a stupidly pink princess getup), she took it off, Pinkie showed up while Luna had part of the dress in her mouth, then screamed that Nightmare Moon ate a princess, then ran away, screaming.

Also, did anyone else notice the horse noises when Twilight was dragging Fluttershy out of her house? (I wonder which one of them it came from)

Is it just me or is there:

a video glitch at the shot of spike at the door immediately after the foals sing the nightmare night trick or treat song?

an audio skip when Luna says "we have graced your tiny village with our presence"

I found another video without the video glitch but the audio glitch is there

I saw that egg the first time I watched. I was very please to find out where dragon eggs come from

185px-Spike_egg_close-up_s01e23.png

ah, I can't find a picture of pinkie's egg, but it looks exactly like spikes egg

• Like 2

Seriously, where is Rarity though?

RarityEquals.jpg

There was PLENTY of Rarity in this episode. Just to say.

ALso--theories on her mane suddenly changing. I'm guessing it was just because it was night time, and that during the day it reverts. Which would mean that, during the time this episode took place, Celestia probably had normal hair, as Luna did during the day in ep.2. Just a theory. Any thoughts?

• Like 2

in lesson zero we see celestia right at sundown with her flowey hair. maybe it takes an hour or two to turn into normal hair :P (and I guess the same with Luna)

I'm still going with the power level thing that Lauren Faust posted, but I like both theories

I LOVED this episode. Besides being a great Halloween episode, it was a great re-introduction of Luna. My favorite scene was Pip tugging at Luna's mane and asking her to scare them again next year. My grievances were also where Rarity was during the whole episode, why Pinkie wasn't dressed as Discord, and Spike dressed as a dragon? *facehoof* So many things could've been done differently, but it was still a fantastic episode.

P.S. Luna is hereby best pony! ^^

hi hi

So, I finally got home after being out of town all weekend. I was exasperated, since on Saturday morning, I was actually staying at a place that had the hub on cable, but I had to leave 15 minutes before the episode started, but I finally got my chance to see it. My reaction?

:-o I am totally shocked and awed. Of all the things that could possibly happen, this was The. Most. Unexpected. Thing!

I don't know what to say, but I'll go over a few of the highlights that have come to mind so far.

• Twilight's costume? Epic

• My favorite background pony (candy mane) in the foreground, wearing a costume? Awesome

• Royal Canterlot Voice? *Facehoof* (did anyone else think Austin Powers "I'm having trouble controlling the volume of my voice!" ?)

• Luna still having a sweet voice some of the time? *Yay!*

• Pipsqueak? D'awwwww (I suppose they could have used the CMC for this role, but Scoots would have had to break character.)

• Sad Luna walking away?

:-(

• Zecora? Very yes!

You know ah want to see what the mods do with Luna's guard. For ah can't see them as illusions, for illusions can't pull some thing. That is if she wipes up the illusions then fly's the cart under her power... but seeing how she was ah don't see this at all. So ah think she may have "gifted" some guards to fit her more.

But ah just think on this do me wishing for a way to make a dark guard... and here is one.

and ah can't stop thinking of the Dark Eldar now.

hi hi

The way I figure it, guard ponies probably have some kind of enchantment that makes their coats and manes the same color, so I could see Luna putting an illusion costume on her guards for Nightmare Night so that they fit the part. (I highly doubt there is a new breed of ponies that we'd never heard of until now.)

Ah don't think she wiped that all up just for Nightmare Night. Heck she had to be shown how ever thing works. Ah for one like that dark look. it's creepy and fits. Ah don't think it's a new race. But ah think it may be with the gear.

But form what ah have seen ah just don't think she wiped all that up for Nightmare Night... (and in truth ah well be rather mad if they make her more like her sister whit a more gold and holy look.) To me a dark and honor look fits her.

The whole point of Luna's visit is to put an end to the superstitions about her from Nightmare Night. So her enchanting her guards just for the night would run contrary to her entire purpose there, I think.

I'm more inclined to believe that she has her special unit of guards that she always has enchanted like that (perhaps for better night performance).

The whole point of Luna's visit is to put an end to the superstitions about her from Nightmare Night. So her enchanting her guards just for the night would run contrary to her entire purpose there, I think.

I'm more inclined to believe that she has her special unit of guards that she always has enchanted like that (perhaps for better night performance).

Ya that's what ah think too.

RarityEquals.jpg

There was PLENTY of Rarity in this episode. Just to say.

ALso--theories on her mane suddenly changing. I'm guessing it was just because it was night time, and that during the day it reverts. Which would mean that, during the time this episode took place, Celestia probably had normal hair, as Luna did during the day in ep.2. Just a theory. Any thoughts?

Yes.

And far as the whole hair thing, it's quite simple...

Since Luna's banishment, a magic, expensive, hairspray was invented that suspended one's mane to flow like Celestia's. When Luna came back, she was not wearing said hair product. I imagine the first errend the princesses made was Celestia's daily trip to the hair salon. I bet that hairstylist pony is well off.

• Like 2

Well, sticking to Faust's explanation of why Luna was small and powerless after her defeat as Nightmare Moon, she probably just didn't have enough intrinsic magical energy flowing from her body to make her mane cool=looking.

As for the bat-winged pegasi, I sez they're a new species.