Someone apparently decided that Rarity's absence was unjust and drew a comic based on Lauren's plan for her scene.

Spoilered because it's long.

78458%20-%20artist%3Asolar-slash%20comic%20deleted_scene%20luna%20whatever.jpg

damn I wish I could draw like that (or had a IRL friend who could draw like that), I'd be writing comics

This. It is good. You should enter it in the art contest, c'z it's pretty much a costume.

It's not mine. It's official. It was going to be what Rarity would dress Luna like.

It also proves that Luna's updated mane was done later than sooner. We can still see traces of her old mane during the episode, actually.

• Like 3

It's not mine. It's official. It was going to be what Rarity would dress Luna like.

It also proves that Luna's updated mane was done later than sooner. We can still see traces of her old mane during the episode, actually.

Y'know, it's cute save for the big bow on the head. Oh Rarity.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

hi hi

So... I know this is a bit of thread necromancy, but I had a moment of extreme fridge logic that I feel compelled to share with somepony.

Recently, I had a discussion with someone about the nature of Princess Celestia, specifically on the topic of why it frustrates me when people call her a tyrant. In the context of a family show, Princess Celestia is a good role model for an authority figure who acts responsibly. (After all, very few people elect their parents, but there are still many good parents out there. People's trust in good parents is why so many fascist dictators try to emulate the role of a parent.)

How does this relate to Luna Eclipsed? Well, once I made the argument about how Celestia plays a role much like that of a parent, I wondered to myself, "How does Luna fit into that equation?" And this is where I had my moment of fridge logic. I realized that there is another totally viable interpretation of this episode that I hadn't even considered before.

Luna plays the role of a step-parent.

She comes into the family's life, seemingly from out of nowhere, and many times kids don't immediately accept step-parents. (Perhaps more often than not.) She tries to be their friends, but in the end, she realizes that as an authority figure, she has a different role to play. It may not have been what she expected, but its a role that is necessary for the whole event to work, and her efforts to fulfill that role are inevitably appreciated.

hi hi

So... I know this is a bit of thread necromancy, but I had a moment of extreme fridge logic that I feel compelled to share with somepony.

Recently, I had a discussion with someone about the nature of Princess Celestia, specifically on the topic of why it frustrates me when people call her a tyrant. In the context of a family show, Princess Celestia is a good role model for an authority figure who acts responsibly. (After all, very few people elect their parents, but there are still many good parents out there. People's trust in good parents is why so many fascist dictators try to emulate the role of a parent.)

How does this relate to Luna Eclipsed? Well, once I made the argument about how Celestia plays a role much like that of a parent, I wondered to myself, "How does Luna fit into that equation?" And this is where I had my moment of fridge logic. I realized that there is another totally viable interpretation of this episode that I hadn't even considered before.

Luna plays the role of a step-parent.

She comes into the family's life, seemingly from out of nowhere, and many times kids don't immediately accept step-parents. (Perhaps more often than not.) She tries to be their friends, but in the end, she realizes that as an authority figure, she has a different role to play. It may not have been what she expected, but its a role that is necessary for the whole event to work, and her efforts to fulfill that role are inevitably appreciated.

So...Equestria has two mommies.

Which makes for an interesting interpretation of 'A Canterlot Wedding'.

:Luna: 'Stay indoors Twilight Sparkle'

:x 'You can't tell me what to do! You're not my real m0m!'

:blush:

EDIT:- Does this thing have auto-correct? I've changed that 'u' (in mum) to an 'o' about three times....

Which makes for an interesting interpretation of 'A Canterlot Wedding'.

:Luna: 'Stay indoors Twilight Sparkle'

:x 'You can't tell me what to do! You're not my real m0m!'

:blush:

EDIT:- Does this thing have auto-correct? I've changed that 'u' (in mum) to an 'o' about three times....

As Americans, it is our duty to spell things differently than them. For now, I suggest you spell it m0m.