Reno GoLucky! {Final}

QuickLime

Name: Reno Golucky

Sex: Male

Species: Earth pony

Coat colour: Pure snowy white with three little grey freckles under his eyes

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style: His mane is a messy minty green that sticks up in places and hangs in front of his eyes, while his tail is just the ittiest bittiest little bundle of green fluff.

Eye colour: Vivid green, almost always brimming with excitement

Cutie Mark: A coil of rope with a cowboy hat beside it, he got it while visiting the Apple Farm, AppleJack was trying to teach him how to tye a knot and the stubborn colt refused to stop trying even after she suggested he try an easier one, once it was tied she taught him how to twirl it, when that happened there was a spark in his eye and he released the rope! Snagging AppleBloom by the foot and did a perfect lasso! With that there was a small flash and Reno had received his cutie mark! Not only was it a symbol of his talent with the rope, but a symbol of his refusal to stop trying even when it got hard.

Physique: Reno is an INCREDIBLY TINY colt for his age, so small he can fit in a saddlebag and be perfectly comfortable. He’s not THAT delicate but he appears to be.

Origin: Originally they were from Trottingham, but now they live like Nomads! Traveling from town to town, city to city! All over Equestria!

Roleplay Type:Mane

Occupation: No Occupation yet! He’s still going to school and learning the importance of things! But when he gets bigger he hopes to change his occupation to PIRATE! Or.. or maybe an Explorer! Or… or MAYBE!

Motivation: Due to his love of adventure and desire to make people feel better his only motive in life is to enjoy it and enjoy the beautiful world he was born into.

Likes: PIRATES! ADVENTURE! EXPLORING! Also chocolate cake! Chocolate cake is the best thing in existence next to Chocolate PEPPERMINT things!

Dislikes: The cold, ponies that he doesn’t know wanting to pick him up, he also has a severe dislike of snakes and rats.

Character Summary: Reno is an adorable tiny colt that is making his first mark in this world and is so far off to a pretty good start! He’s a bold independent adventurous boy with a “Luna may care” attitude yet is still sweet and innocent with bright eyed child like wonder.

Reno is from Trottingham with his Father BlackJack whom is a single father, Reno’s mother passed away a few days after child birth so he doesn’t remember anything about her, but believes she went to live on the moon! So every night he waves at the moon and hopes that she can see him!

When he gets agitated his mane sorta poofs up like a upset dandelion and is VERY protective of things and ideas that mean a lot to him.

Do not get him started on a Pirate/Ninja debate or you will have ONE puffed up little ball of defensive mess.

Reno’s family is full of the unsavory sorts, Gamblers, drinkers, the occasional bandit or two (Or five) But he loves them and currently looking through the rosy glasses of youth doesn’t see these traits. (Incidentally if you wanna be part of the family just let me know 83)

Thankfully Reno’s father up and left their home town to prevent their ways from leaking onto his young and very impressionable foal so Reno stays as innocent and sweet as ever even if they tend to travel a LOT because..well His daddy is a Go Lucky through and through so his ways tend to get them in trouble! When on the move Reno sleeps quite soundly in his Daddies saddlebag dreaming of his grand adventures!

The life of a traveler is a hard one yes but both of them strive to their best every day as they explore all Equestria has to offer, and who knows? Find the right town, with the right ponies and the right job for Black Jack ? Then maybe these wandering tumbleweeds will finally come at rest.

Weno.png

Edit:Reno is no longer a blank flank due to the events that happened in "A good Influence" Changed cutie mark and motivation to reflect that

Edited by QuickLime

He sounds adorable! And I can see him having some kind of map as a Cutie Mark in his future (Fits Pirate and Adventurer).

Maybe add an incident the two got in while traveling. Or maybe his father still has a bounty on his head or is wanted.

Reno is pretty in the dark about that, plus I'm not wanting to write anything that Black Jack's player might not like .

But yes I am pretty sure his cute mark is gonna be a treasure map of some sort! or a compass He loves them (and NOT just cause Pip dressed like one just in advanced)

Origin: Originally they were from Trottingham, but now they live like Nomads! Traveling from town to town, city to city! All over Equestria!

Just wondering...Was there any good reason for their decision to live this way? Living a nomadic lifestyle isn't simply something you don't have a reason for doing, so I'm all the more curious what has lead these ponies to endure such a thing!

Since Reno’s little flank is still blank he doesn’t really HAVE motivation

Couldn't he find motivation in trying to uncover his talent? Much like the CMC's, he could be following his heart in looking into what it is that he loves doing!

{ Doesn't mean he succeeds of course, not initially. }

He has a slight speech impediment that makes R sounds and B sounds coming out like We and Bwa

As adorable as that is, that sounds like a very unusual verbal tic...throwing that into dialogue constantly could get a little aggrevating for you, maybe even inconsistant after a while once the novelty wears off and it becomes more like a 'chore' to write. Nopony wants you to tire of your own idea, so you may wanna rethink the approach with it a little, or maybe just settle for one over the other to minimise any potential frustrations you may have in future!

Overall though, I like the idea of the character and think he does indeed sound like an adorable ball of fluff...just those few rather minor niggles threw me off somewhat. I doubt they're really all that dealbreaking though - I certainly can't think of any reason he wouldn't get accepted as he is now! :smirk:

Just wondering...Was there any good reason for their decision to live this way? Living a nomadic lifestyle isn't simply something you don't have a reason for doing, so I'm all the more curious what has lead these ponies to endure such a thing!

Because for one it lets Black Jack go to a LOT of places and Gamble..then leave before paying debt and for another it was easier than living with that Family of his I do suppose XD.

Plus he figured it would be good for the young Colt to see the world and all it had to offer instead of being stuck in the bubble that they were in before , plus no doubt if they stayed His WONDERFUL family would have tons of 'Parenting advice" He wouldn't care for .>XD

Couldn't he find motivation in trying to uncover his talent? Much like the CMC's, he could be following his heart in looking into what it is that he loves doing!

{ Doesn't mean he succeeds of course, not initially. }

Well i thought about that but then figured that sounded TOO much like the CMC'S and I'd rather him not come off as a copy cat, he still does what he loves doing so with his luck he'll get his cutie mark that way and won't be trying too hard to do so XD

As adorable as that is, that sounds like a very unusual verbal tic...throwing that into dialogue constantly could get a little aggrevating for

Yeah I think I'll just make R make a W sound instead XD that does sound like a pain thank you for your help