Pinkie Pie's Hilarious Haunted House of Horrors

Manestream

Pinkie Pie's Hilarious Haunted House of Horrors

You know that Pinkie Pie always has the best—and also scariest haunted house in Equestria on Nightmare Night. Pinkie loves to pull pranks, ALMOST as much as she likes throwing parties. What better way to combine the two than on Nightmare Night?

Against your better judgment, you step inside. Every year, Pinkie's haunted house gets worse, more scary than the year before. It's something Pinkie enjoys immensely, and she goes all out, preparing for weeks on end. Pinkie Pie has even roped some of her friends into dressing up as horrible creatures, ready to jump out and scare anypony who might chance by!

Starburst walks up to the front door of the Sugar Cube Corner, hooves shuddering with fear, legs jellying under her weight when she looks up at all of the scary cobwebs, fake spiders, and tacky nightmare night decorations. The pumpkin decorations cast an eerie light on her as she moves closer to the door, and a cold wind brushes against the back of her neck, causing her to recoil in fear.

bumblebee_starburst_by_jaelachan-d4dzmda.png

She absentmindedly readjusts the band for her bumblebee costume, and steps forward a little bit, the abdomen of her bee costume bouncing up and down as she moves towards the door.

She slowly saunters up to the scary stoop, and gently raps a hoof on the closed door, shrinking back and lowering herself closer to the ground, looking up to the door. When the door opens, she looks at the pony opening the door, forces an awkward smile and says nearly inaudibly, "N-nightm-mare... Night... Wh...What a f-f-fright... G-give us s-something sw...sweet to b-bite."

Apple Bloom rubbed her hooves together. "This is gonna be good, my sister Applejack tol' me that Pinkie was going all out this Nightmare Night", she remarked to a pony standing in line next to her. She pawed the ground impatiently. It seemed like FOREVER since the last group had gone into the haunted house, and their faint shrieks could still be heard echoing throughout the house. Practically jumping up and down in her well-tailored ghostly costume. The glow of her "Ghost Rider" outfit, based on an eerie ghostly cowboy she had seen on a comic book a cousin of hers had, had faded somewhat, in the darkness she would just be an indistinct blur. Hopefully, though the haunted house would utilize some UV light to recharge her costume.

At the front of the group a timid white pegasus in a bumblebee costume delivered the line that would let them enter the house of horrors "N-nightm-mare... Night... Wh...What a f-f-fright... G-give us s-something sw...sweet to b-bite." .

The door creaked open, and the group trotted in for the scares to begin. Apple Bloom couldn't help but admire the craftsmanship of the fabricated door as she passed through. It looked just like a real old door from one of the first houses in Ponyville! "Maybe next year Pinkie'll let me help build things if I ask her!"

The group continued down a hallway, lit only by a faint purple glow that caused her phosphorescent costume to shine brilliantly. Simulated spiderwebs hanging down from the ceiling touching the tips of their ears, and eerie moans filled the corridor. Abruptly, the dull glow that had been lighting the passage the young ponies were walking in went utterly pitch dark. Apple Bloom waved a hoof in front of her face. An eerie glow traced through the darkness. The yellow filly grinned to herself, knowing that THIS year she wouldn't get lost in the "Catacombs" portion of the haunted house, a dark maze that had two exits...one that took you through the scariest bonus part of the house, if you could find it, and one that would just take you outside. And this year Apple Bloom was READY for that scary extra room, which her schoolchums had whispered was called "the Mad Scientists' Lab".

In the few additional moments of darkness, the group began to get restless and nervous, knowing that something was about to pop out at them, and was just savoring their anticipation. Unable to stand the suspense any longer, Apple Bloom got up in a Karate stance and shouted "I ain't afraid of no ghosts!"

With a slight crunching sound and a giggle Ponyville's own mail mare took her place behind a small, very excited ghost. She smiled nervously and shuffled on her hooves causing the paper bags on her hooves to crinkle and crunch as she waited to enter the haunted house. In all honesty she was absolutely terrified of Pinkie's haunted house, but Pinkie Pie always had the BEST candy to hand out to her guests. If she was in the mood to treat rather than trick that is. But it was a gamble Ditzy was willing to take.

Every year she told herself she wouldn't visit the haunted house but then she would remember the blueberry muffin flavored candy Pinkie had given her once and suddenly she found herself subconsciously wandering towards the spooky house. Of course once she reached the front door she would suddenly remember the time Pinkie had put a live spider into her treat pail sending her into a mild state of hysteria making her jump at every little noise or movement.

She shook her mane nervously and did her best to put on a brave face. She couldn't help but watch the energetic filly in front of her as she jumped around making "HII YAA" noises and showing everypony how she would defeat a ghost should one turn up. Ditzy suddenly felt much better about the haunted house. Surely if a little filly was going inside Pinkie had cut back on the spooky stuff and this would be much much easier on Ditzy's nerves.

She nodded to herself causing her giant plastic muffin shaped treat pail to jiggle on its handle. "Yes this year will be much better! For sure!" She pumped her hoof and giggled excitedly.

Walking rather excitedly into line, Beat Match thought "Nightmare Night this year is gonna be awesome! For once I'm not gonna be performing, I can just relax and have some fun." as she smirked at herself. Her costume this year being a ninja, she smirked and said to herself "You can't scare what you can't see" as she chuckled at herself for being so goofy.

As she saw the grey mare in front of her say "Yes this year will be much better! For sure!". she smiled at her and said "Yeah! This is gonna be awesome!" She then facehoofed and said "Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. My name's Beat Match, what's yours?" as she looked around the entrance of the haunted house smiling at how creepy was.

AHA - Nightmare Night was a night for fun, hilarity, and plain old ADVENTURE!

The pony venturing through the door of the haunted house bore an irrepressable grin, the smile of one who had seen and lived through more than anypony would ever know...the smile of a pony who's biggest enjoyment in life was to live for a life adventurous, and be damned the results!

Brazil Nut, Semi-famed adventurer of Canterlots Museum Expeditions had arrived!

" AHA, IS ANYPONY HERE? " the pony declared...standing tall and defiant of his surroundings...and no doubt startling the few ponies around.

He pauses and glances around apologetically - one pony even hissed at him and told him to quieten down, he was ruining the atmosphere!

Well no matter...he was here to get his just desserts - some sweet, sweet candy and maybe a little excitement on this fine Nightmare night!

Snails neighed eagerly as he joined the group now entering the haunted house. He was dressed in a wire and cloth costume his mom made for him that should scare half the town; A Parasprite, in colors matching his hide and mane! The body was orange and had teal colored eyes painted on with black socks on all his legs.

His head protruded where the mouth would be. It could not be helped since he was so long and lanky, but he painted on some teeth at the mouth line and had Snips put ketchup on his neck for blood. Rarrr! Scary! "Oh yeah! I hope Snips will catch up with me here!"

He saw the mailmare Ditzy Doo dressed in bags. Was she a bag lady this year? His mom made sure he knew he wasnt' supposed to call her Derpy Hooves unless she asked him to. Well she was a nice adult anyway.

He also saw a pony dressed as a ninja and another as a bumblebee, who timidly called out the Nightmare Night greetings that wold get them in.

Snails skipped on his hooves as he saw somepony else ahead of him. "Hiya Apple Bloom! That's an awesome glowy costume yah got on, eh! I shoulda got some glowy stuff fer my wings and the eyes. Maybe next year, huh..."

The unicorn foal trotted in. He couldnt' wait to see what Pinkie Pie had to scare them with this year! He grinned at Apple Bloom as she struck that Karate pose "That's tellin' 'em, Apple Bloom!"

Just then the door opened again, letting in an adult dressed like an adventurer, who yelled out fit enough to scare all the ghosts away before they met them. The outburst made Snails jump up in the air, then look around apologetically for getting scared already.

"Um, I wasnt scared, eh? Just testing my costume wings..."

What better place to start one's Nightmare Night activities than in a spook house! Douglas nodded to himself confidently as he strode up into line with the other Ponies that had gathered and waited for their entrance. It should be a real good scream, it's rare that Douglas just gets to let himself get scared on purpose and act like a child. Besides, looking at the line, he isn't the only one. As he waited he tugged at his costume briefly.

The outfit was a little too covering from what he was used too. A beige fedora sat upon his head and a matching overcoat draped over his body, a stripped undershirt and tie rounded out his Detective costume. Fetching a gentlecolt's smoking pipe from his coat pocket, he placed it in his mouth and gently blew into it. A heavy stream of bubbles overflowed from it's tip, floating out over the other ponies.

Taking the pipe from his mouth and returning it to his coat, he noticed the group head in before he could go with them. Stepping up himself to the door he decided he'd have to say the famous greeting as well. Eager to play the part, Douglas put on his best detective impersonation, which sounded more like a two-bit Manehattan gangster. "Nightmare Night, what a fright, See? Give us something Schweet to bite, or you're gonna get it, See?" Douglas said, waiting for the door to open before him.

Slowly it creaked open, allowing Douglas to move into the Haunted house with the rest of the group before they could get too far ahead. "Hope ya don't mind me tagging along. Scares are always more fun with a group." Taking place at the back of the group, Douglas calmly awaited for them to start moving through the spook house and find out what scares and treats await them deep within!

She snuck in through the doors right after somepony else opened it, hardly even disturbing the lone stallion as she blended in with the other group of ponies. She was dressed from head to hooves as a pony ninja! The most skilled silent assassins in all of Equestria. What else could be scarier on Nightmare Night?

" AHA, IS ANYPONY HERE? "

Her ears and wings flicked up in startled surprise before the crowed turned to shush the obnoxiously loud pony. She knew that voice however and for a little while she dropped her ninja sneaking, trotting over to the adventurous stallion.

"Well iffin it ain't papa Brazil." Paradise Nut flashed that same confidence filled grin that her family apparently shared! Fluttering up to give the taller pony a kiss on the cheek.

"Ain'tcha alittle too old to be trick or treatin though?" She asked, moving over to stand next to him.

Nightmare Night! A celebration held all across Equestria, Kite was no stranger to the festivities, though it was her first time seeing the celebration outside of Canterlot. The filly had not packed a costume with her for her travels, and, not wanting to miss out on the fun, had instead opted to customize her suit of armor, which was now deep black instead of it's usual grey. Some dye for her wings turned her normal creamy-brown coloration to a dark black as well; Kite the dark night pony was ready to roll!

And what better place to test her scary new costume (and her mettle as a fearless knight!) than at Pinkie Pie's Hilarious Haunted House of Horrors? The word around town was that this was THE scariest place to be on Nightmare Night, and despite her insecurities, the little armored pegasus knew she could not simply pass up such a a chance to prove her worth.

"Well... here goes." She mumbled to herself, pushing the creaky door open and entering, apparently the last pony in the group to do so. Each step she took made her armor creak and clank, the sound echoing off the walls. No doubt it would add to the spooky atmosphere; Kite might even get a scare or two in herself!

Snips ran up to the haunted house as quickly as he could without damaging his costume From ears to tail he was dressed in green fabric. He had yellow "scales" running down his belly, and three paper mache heads on long necks, painted the same colors, were positioned over his real head. The heads were the fragile part, and he was afraid they would fall over if he moved too fast, or bounced like usually did. Snips had gone with the hydra costume last minute, because his dad had finally convinced him that an Ursa costume was probably a bad idea...

The room was nearly full by the time Snips squeezed in. He carefully weaved around the adult ponies, looking for a big parasprite. He finally spotted Snails next to a glowing cowpony. Snails already looked spooked, and they hadn't even started yet! He snuck up to the parasprite, and yelled "BOO!"

Snips then noticed who it was Snails has been talking to. "Hey Applebloom!" he said cheerfully, "Nice glow!"

((Oops, looks like I got in a few minutes late...))

Quite jumpy after Pinkie Pie's ghostly surprises, Snails jumped up in the air as somepony yelled "Boo!"

He landed and turned around "Woah! Snips! Awesome Hydra costume!"

He looked down sadly "Sorry ya missed it, Pinkie Pie was just here and gave out treats after pranking everypony. I'm going to stay here a little longer and see who else shows up, eh."

(OOC: to be continued in the day 2 thread...)

Suddenly somepony screamed....Only it didn't seem to be coming from anything in the house. It sounded like a stallion in their group! Apple Bloom was shocked for a second, but relatively unphased. She was prepared to meet up anything that Pinkie's imagination had to throw at her.

After a few more seconds of silent darkness, Apple Bloom heard a familiar voice her name, sotto voce. She looked back and saw the two goofy colts who attended the same school that she did. "Howdy Snips, Hiya, Snails. Thanks for the compliments. Ah made the costume all by myself! Ah guess Ah ain't as disguised as Ah thought I was", the filly laughed a trifle ruefully. "Was it the Karate that gave it away?" She looked up and realized that part of her brilliant red forelock had tumbled down under her glowing hat. Her hair, coupled with her distinctive eyes made it obvious who she was. She pushed her forelock back under the hat with a hoof. "You two sure look great! An' Snips, Ah got plenty o' the paint Ah used on my costume left. Ah saved up my allowance bits for months 'cuz. Ah didn't wanna run out. You're more than welcome to use it for next ye...!"

A door flung open, and there, illuminated by green backlighting was....a ghost? A ghoul? No. it was PINKIE PIE! Apple Bloom stiffened for a moment in shock, surrounded by the shocked screams of the other ponies, until she realized who she was looking at. The queen of candy herself. The little yellow filly started giggling at the pink mare's "spooky antics", almost falling over and definitely ruining the mood that Pinkie was trying to cultivate. "Why thank ya!", she said politely when Pinkie handed her a lovely handmade candy treat (after all, this was Ponyville. Nobody had to worry about candy tampering here).

She made her way though the rest of the haunted house, through the simulated graveyard, through the catacombs maze, and finally, much to her delight, to the mad scientist's laboratory!

(OOC: Id better post a reaction to this while I can)

Snails giggled "Yeh, Kinda, that and your forelock and eyes helped, Apple Bloom."

Hebounced on his hooves when the filly mentioned she had more than enough paint for him to use.

Suddenly, A shape burst into the room, lit up from behind with a ghastly green glow.

He had already screamed and ran in circles before it was revealed to be Pinkie Pie.

The mare gave him a piece of candy with a bouncy giggle, and bounced off through a secret door.

With that, the group started moving forward, following Apple bloom.

Somehow, a revolving door must have sent Snails and several others in the wrong direction...